Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
ozzke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:19:02 AM

Look for this uptrend to continue with so much turmoil in btc/ltc the market.

Yes, LTC and BTC getting some heavy hits out there, but it's the anticipation of our release that's helping us at the moment  Smiley

Is the price for 1 PND still less than 1 satoshi?

Nope, almost 2 now. We're growing, the community is growing and the anticipation for our new features is growing Smiley

WOW THAT IS AMAZING!

Always like the picture of the coin, just dont like all the wolong business. Thinking about geting a in now when it is low. Is the wallet virus-free?

Of course, and this coin has nothing at all to do with Wolong, he created another scamcoin (PANDA), our is Pandacoin PND

yes, so was I tolled, but I am so confused about all the pandas, but this is the only one left, right? is it "PND" I should buy?

Yes, that's right Smiley

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:19:59 AM

Yes, LTC and BTC getting some heavy hits out there, but it's the anticipation of our release that's helping us at the moment  Smiley

Nope, almost 2 now. We're growing, the community is growing and the anticipation for our new features is growing Smiley

WOW THAT IS AMAZING!

Always like the picture of the coin, just dont like all the wolong business. Thinking about geting a in now when it is low. Is the wallet virus-free?

Of course, and this coin has nothing at all to do with Wolong, he created another scamcoin (PANDA), our is Pandacoin PND

yes, so was I tolled, but I am so confused about all the pandas, but this is the only one left, right? is it "PND" I should buy?

Yes, that's right Smiley

One last question, for the noob, what happens in 12 day? Does the sale end, and then is it too late to buy PND? it will not be sold anymore?
Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:21:11 AM

WOW THAT IS AMAZING!

Yes, that's right Smiley

One last question, for the noob, what happens in 12 day? Does the sale end, and then is it too late to buy PND? it will not be sold anymore?

New features will be announced.

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.
BrianM

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:25:35 AM

Is PND switching to POS or something?

WOW THAT IS AMAZING!

Yes, that's right Smiley

WILL THE COIN CHANGE TO POS?
Namiks

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:30:57 AM

Is PND switching to POS or something?

WOW THAT IS AMAZING!

Yes, that's right Smiley

WILL THE COIN CHANGE TO POS?

PND changed to POS earlier this year.

BrianM

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:32:18 AM

How did it go with the switch? was the miners pist or did they take it ok?
Namiks

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:37:21 AM

We've all been for it, in fact when it was announced us miners were excited for the change.

I've been part of the PND community since launch and I am yet to find somebody that just wants to dump the coin to get rich.

barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:37:56 AM

weve had a community vote over that  Grin
BrianM

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:39:09 AM

WOW, that is a new idea for a coin "Democracy coin"... But already got good name, Panda, cannot beat that, cutest animal on planet.
I will buy PND when I can.
Red Tricycle

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:39:16 AM

But this coin played a large role in taking down Wolong's scam coin. So it has a unique history as an anti-scam coin Smiley

Yes of course it is virus free. We hope you enjoy your stay in our panda sanctuary!

Frankly this is the main thing that drew me to PND. In the vast sea of alts there are many wolves who dress in sheep's clothing.  PND is one of the few that not only helped take down a scammer but the devs and community worked to create a coin that coin be trusted. I am scared of the number of wallets with 100s of Millions of coins but give it a few price jumps and sell offs and things should balance out.
BrianM

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:42:38 AM

But this coin played a large role in taking down Wolong's scam coin. So it has a unique history as an anti-scam coin Smiley

Yes of course it is virus free. We hope you enjoy your stay in our panda sanctuary!

Frankly this is the main thing that drew me to PND. In the vast sea of alts there are many wolves who dress in sheep's clothing.  PND is one of the few that not only helped take down a scammer but the devs and community worked to create a coin that coin be trusted. I am scared of the number of wallets with 100s of Millions of coins but give it a few price jumps and sell offs and things should balance out.

Can you please explain in details? what is all those 100s Mil PND? Where do they come from? Is it somekinda a premine or is it bagholder that want to do bad to Panda's? Please explain you are making me nervous   Undecided
Namiks

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:47:01 AM

Can you please explain in details? what is all those 100s Mil PND? Where do they come from? Is it somekinda a premine or is it bagholder that want to do bad to Panda's? Please explain you are making me nervous   Undecided

There was no premine, as always with a coin there will be those with a ton of coins that have either put in a lot of money or have just joined the coin a lot earlier and mined it all when the difficulty was low.

ozzke

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:49:00 AM

No premine, no fastmine, no IPO, no ICO, completely fair distribution for 3 months and after that we went POS. You have to think that there are over 32 billion PND coins, that means 100 million is only 0.3% of all coins.
And another very important note: exchanges also own wallets and how much do you think is on exchanges? A lot, all packed together in a few wallets.

cryptonewstoday

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:50:36 AM

great choice Cheesy

Yes! I love getting stakes. every morning I check my wallet and it makes me smile.
ozzke

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:51:17 AM

great choice Cheesy

Yes! I love getting stakes. every morning I check my wallet and it makes me smile.

I agree, it adds a lot to the coin, everyone in the community is also always so excited to see their first stakes.

ozzke

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:51:30 AM

Rethinking Digital Currency

Bitcoin, the world’s first decentralized digital currency, was launched in 2009. It was the prototype that introduced and demonstrated to the world the potential benefits and usages of a decentralized digital currency. However, digital currencies are still in their infant stages and have yet to see widespread mainstream adoption and usage as a unit of exchange both online and offline. There is a need to rethink the current approach to the design and marketing of digital currencies in order to achieve a global mass appeal.

August 30th

On the 30th of August the Pandacoin (PND) development team will unveil and release the highly anticipated set of major development updates to Pandacoin. The founders, developers, and architects of Pandacoin (PND) endeavor to redefine the current space with this set of major development updates, and be positioned to become the future digital currency of choice for the masses.

Stay Tuned
Pandacoin (PND) Development Team

WenBo

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:03:49 AM

Code:
#! /usr/bin/python2
# cryptonator API
# Written for Linux with Python2
# Author STumbles

import urllib2
import json
import argparse

parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
parser.add_argument("quantity", help="How many coins to convert", type=int)
parser.add_argument("base", help="Coin to start with", type=str)
parser.add_argument("target", help="Currency to convert to", type=str)
args = parser.parse_args()

class CoinConvert():
def __init__(self):
self.url = "https://www.cryptonator.com/api/ticker/%s-%s" % (args.base, args.target)
self.data = urllib2.urlopen(self.url).read()
self.json_data = json.loads(self.data)
try:
self.price = self.json_data['ticker']['price']
except:
print "error gathering a major key\nerror handling will be taken care of later\nfor now just report the problem to\n\nSTumbles @ freenode/pandacoinpnd"
try:
self.price = float(self.price)
except:
print "error converting result to float\nerror handling will be taken care of later\nfor now just report the problem to\n\nSTumbles @ freenode/pandacoinpnd"
self.answer = self.price * args.quantity
print self.answer

def main():
cc = CoinConvert()

if __name__ == "__main__":
main()

syntax: python2 coinconversion.py quantity base target

example: python2 coinconversion.py 10000 pnd ltc
example: python2 coinconversion.py 10000 pnd usd
example: python2 coinconversion.py 300 usd pnd

There wasnt much time put in to this, so i wouldnt ask for much if anything.
but if you want me to keep me motivated to write neat scripts for you guys
PUvHB2P7rBWq39skFYTW6Q3TzhQsN6BvdU - this will go directly towards beer and pizza to fuel me

what this do? plz explain
Namiks

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:04:54 AM

Waiting for August 30th is like waiting for Christmas as a child. Cheesy

Red Tricycle

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:08:26 AM

And another very important note: exchanges also own wallets and how much do you think is on exchanges? A lot, all packed together in a few wallets.

This is a good point but then again it wouldn't be hard to simply drop 2-3BTC and buy a few hundred million PND right now.  This isn't a bad thing and it will happen in the near future I'm sure. But as the price goes up it this could fall to a few tens of millions and then a few million for a BTC and all that time the people with large holdings will steadily spread their wealth by selling off. It happened with BTC and LTC....and eventually the early guys will be kicking themselves for selling 10M for $50 instead of $500 but the crypto will be better off for it.

There are large wallets because there aren't that many players right now and I guess that is my concern, because it makes it appear as if there are too few people with too much influence over this coin. If one of them big wallet gets greedy then they could cause a crash by trying to unload it all at once. That said, you're right, it won't be people with 100M-200M that would cause a crash, it'd be people with 1B+ and luckily most of those are either devs or exchanges. In my opinion the devs have already proven themselves loyal and the exchanges need to have large amounts on hand .... so it probably isn't a huge risk that there will be a catastrophic sell off anytime soon.
ozzke

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:14:18 AM

Code:
#! /usr/bin/python2
# cryptonator API
# Written for Linux with Python2
# Author STumbles

import urllib2
import json
import argparse

parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
parser.add_argument("quantity", help="How many coins to convert", type=int)
parser.add_argument("base", help="Coin to start with", type=str)
parser.add_argument("target", help="Currency to convert to", type=str)
args = parser.parse_args()

class CoinConvert():
def __init__(self):
self.url = "https://www.cryptonator.com/api/ticker/%s-%s" % (args.base, args.target)
self.data = urllib2.urlopen(self.url).read()
self.json_data = json.loads(self.data)
try:
self.price = self.json_data['ticker']['price']
except:
print "error gathering a major key\nerror handling will be taken care of later\nfor now just report the problem to\n\nSTumbles @ freenode/pandacoinpnd"
try:
self.price = float(self.price)
except:
print "error converting result to float\nerror handling will be taken care of later\nfor now just report the problem to\n\nSTumbles @ freenode/pandacoinpnd"
self.answer = self.price * args.quantity
print self.answer

def main():
cc = CoinConvert()

if __name__ == "__main__":
main()

syntax: python2 coinconversion.py quantity base target

example: python2 coinconversion.py 10000 pnd ltc
example: python2 coinconversion.py 10000 pnd usd
example: python2 coinconversion.py 300 usd pnd

There wasnt much time put in to this, so i wouldnt ask for much if anything.
but if you want me to keep me motivated to write neat scripts for you guys
PUvHB2P7rBWq39skFYTW6Q3TzhQsN6BvdU - this will go directly towards beer and pizza to fuel me

what this do? plz explain

It's a scrypt for Linux as far as I understand to check the price of pnd Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: