Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:20:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:42:41 PM

Let's see... Ozzke gone. Bdanyo gone. I don't even know who remains. And whoever IS left hasn't said a damn thing in many weeks. Not a single update update or any word of the 100k merchants supposedly coming. Massive dumps and all we get is silence.
Think about it this way, you can buy a lot of cheap PND now. Give it a few more months and price will rise.

I can see why people don't believe that. It does appear that we have hit rock bottom. Many would see that investing more would just be throwing away money.

It's really hard to say at this point. 

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rastab48

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:43:35 PM

Give it a few more months and price will rise.

And based upon what do you make this prediction?
Namiks

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:47:53 PM

All I really have to say on this, is that we have to do something fast. It's only a matter of time until we're off bittrex.

We, the community, need to make PND useful.

If you want your PND to be worth something, then make it so.

rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:56:19 PM

Because I know me and other community members are working on stuff for PND.

Pelgoran98

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

It'd be nice.

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:32:07 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 11:59:09 PM by Pelgoran98

Sometimes big change is the beginning of the end. Sometimes, new blood and new actions swoop down and turn a situation around and nobody saw it coming. Is this one of those times? Couldn't tell you. I do not have a clue. Disappointing? Sure. End a' the world? Fuck no. It is what it is. It's speculation, dreams, roller coasters full of hope, optimism, pessimism and pure death. So, what wins out? Ya got me.

I know I've always harped on the fact that the Developers always delivered on each and every promise. While it appears they're gonna let us down this time regarding the 100000+, maybe we just have to take it under our own wing. And, there is NO time limit on how long they or any of us have to deliver. So, maybe I am still right. But, maybe we are the developers now. So, we make it happen.

Or maybe it is indeed over. A great idea. Tons of passion. Expert and groundbreaking development and features. We seemed to have it ALL. Then, it's apparently shitcanned for reasons unknown by me. And maybe it's just the nature of the crypto-beast. One last item. I always heard that the developers did it all for free. If that is so, maybe we need to get serious about finding a top-notch Team that is PAID A SALARY and answers to a PandaCoin Board of Directors, meaning US.
AikiRon

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:41:30 PM

All I really have to say on this, is that we have to do something fast. It's only a matter of time until we're off bittrex.

We, the community, need to make PND useful.

If you want your PND to be worth something, then make it so.

For PND to be useful it must be spendable or derive value by introducing unique functionality that will make it more desirable to own than other cryptos. To date PND is not spendable, the mythical 100k merchants have not materialized. Other than a slick wallet and fast blockchain sync PND has put nothing on the table to differentiate itself from any of the myriad other coins being traded; so as a collectible it has nothing going for it.

One look at the order book on Bittrex will tell you all you need to know about what the future of this coin is. Once the dumping is done and the BTC volume drops off PND will be dropped and fade away into obscurity. Add to that the fact that the Dev team has lost key members and the rest have gone into stealth mode (if, indeed, there is a Dev team left) and what is left is a coin with a bleak future.

rastab48

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:48:46 PM

I found out amdoge is still around. He needs to focus on putting together a new dev team.

And yes, I agree. PND needs to be spendable -- for REAL things.
Pelgoran98

Activity: 328

It'd be nice.

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:52:30 PM

I found out amdoge is still around. He needs to focus on putting together a new dev team.

And yes, I agree. PND needs to be spendable -- for REAL things.

I was posting away while you were writing this. I neglected to add that the old adage is true: "You get what you pay for." Hope you'll take a look at what I said. Thanks a lot.
sonihr

Activity: 454

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:31:13 AM

Sometimes big change is the beginning of the end. Sometimes, new blood and new actions swoop down and turn a situation around and nobody saw it coming. Is this one of those times? Couldn't tell you. I do not have a clue. Disappointing? Sure. End a' the world? Fuck no. It is what it is. It's speculation, dreams, roller coasters full of hope, optimism, pessimism and pure death. So, what wins out? Ya got me.

I know I've always harped on the fact that the Developers always delivered on each and every promise. While it appears they're gonna let us down this time regarding the 100000+, maybe we just have to take it under our own wing. And, there is NO time limit on how long they or any of us have to deliver. So, maybe I am still right. But, maybe we are the developers now. So, we make it happen.

Or maybe it is indeed over. A great idea. Tons of passion. Expert and groundbreaking development and features. We seemed to have it ALL. Then, it's apparently shitcanned for reasons unknown by me. And maybe it's just the nature of the crypto-beast. One last item. I always heard that the developers did it all for free. If that is so, maybe we need to get serious about finding a top-notch Team that is PAID A SALARY and answers to a PandaCoin Board of Directors, meaning US.

I am not part of the dev team but I have been with Pandacoin since day 1 and I was working on a part of the 100k merchant with some of the Pandacoin devs. I don't know what exactly went down after our brief collaboration but I can say that my partnership ended because of the actions of 2 people of the dev team that left.

I really like the Pandacoin community and I am still working on my Pandacoin project.

From what I have heard AmDoge is still maintaining the wallet and we have a great skilled community so I don't think it is the end for Pandacoin.

That being said I would like to know though from "Pandacoin-Official" who are the members left in the dev team right now.

What goes around comes around...
Joori

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Just an average guy with an average job!

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:08:15 AM

Some bamboo for you all to chew on.

http://www.pandacointalk.com/index.php?topic=190.0
maxvolts

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:41:26 AM

Some bamboo for you all to chew on.

http://www.pandacointalk.com/index.php?topic=190.0

This is a must read guy's, Pretty much everything is answered.
Now, where to go from here?

Namiks

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:56:54 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 02:10:56 PM by Namiks

Posting the pnd post from mani on the pndtalk forum here. For those that are lazy and aren't willing to click it to find out what it is.

"First a quick introduction, I'm a C++ programmer from South Africa with a huge amount of experience and decent qualifications, I work full time for a company that I co-own.
My wife over the last few years has been on dialysis and needed 3 transplants which has been quite financially draining so over the last few years I've also done some freelancing in my spare time.
With the exchange rate of 1 USD = ~11.5 ZAR I am able to meet a balance where work is worthwhile for me but still relatively affordable for my clients.
Mmany of you may have seen me around in IRC etc. and some of you have probably either figured it out already or been told via various channels, but most of you probably don't know.
I'm the 'dev' of the new pandabank client and the hybrid mode changes.

At my request my role was never made public as I'm not one for drama, having people suck up to me etc. etc. - I like mostly to just mind my own business and do my thing.
However under the circumstances I've decided to step forward and let everyone know what is going on, as I think everyone has a right to know and the current silence is not right.
I'm one of the few people who knows most of the "pieces of the puzzle" and the other people don't seem to be willing to talk.
Up until now I've remained silent as I don't like to breach confidentiality and I hoped that something would happen to make this unnecessary, but clearly thats not the case so here goes, note I am not going to go into complete specifics on many things as I do still want to try keep confidentiality for various people but I will at least give you the parts you need to know.

So now a bit of history, though I've followed crypto with a 'mild' interest for a long time I've never really been involved in it. This all changed one day when I was pulled in to bid on a freelance project.
The project was a rather ambitious client makeover with a rather ambitious high pressure deadline (30th August) that had already been announced to the public, for what you all know as the new PandaBank.
I don't know the full specifics of why but when I entered the project things were quite close to the deadline, and there were of course various other projects going on (browser miner etc. for the same deadline).
My contact person at this point was mostly bdanyo, and towards the final deadline I was introduced to Ozzke, and various others. Anyway, things were tight but under much pressure I managed to iron out most of the problems and deliver a mostly working first version.

bdanyo and Ozzke were clearly happy with my performance as they proceeded to negotiate an hourly rate for me to stay on and do further work for them, we agreed on a rate that was much lower than my normal rate,
I felt that as the people were pleasant to deal with, the projects interesting and above all else the project seemed something worthwhile to work on that this was okay, also I was given a once off amount in PND and purchased some of my own as well.
Though a bit of a gamble I felt that this alone could obviously make the work worthwhile if PND were to really take off.

From then on I quickly became integrated into the dev team, I was introduce to Linux_mint_pal, amDoge (who at that time seemed a rather silent/mysterious 'mastermind' in the background) and various others.
After much discussion about various ideas they wanted to go with and possibilities etc. we went forward on an incredibly ambitious 'hybrid' client, an idea I pitched to them when they said they wanted a light client.
It was agreed not to publically pre-announce as the 30th August deadline from before had put everyone in a very unhealthy situation and under an immense amount of pressure, I overshot the time estimate on this a fair amount proving this decision right as it would have been a nightmare if we pre-announced.
During the time this took to get out there was much 'moaning' from various people on btctalk that the devs should tell them what is being worked on etc. and not be silent.

As hybrid was ongoing there was also many more discussions on what to work on next, various ideas were pitched to me, along with the feasibility of a 'merchant idea' which has now become known to everyone as the '100000 merchants'.
Internally we developed a 'roadmap' for a very ambitious project of which the merchants project was only a portion, known to us as 'PandaX', for confidentiality reasons I don't feel it is my place to leak the full PandaX plan, I would only go into more detail on it if Ozzke gives his blessing, but it was very ambitious and if done right really could have been a game changer,
the '100000' merchants was a peice of it but not the whole thing, the marketing (that many people have been upset that there wasn't enough of) was also lined up for this - once all the pieces were in place etc. marketing early before there is something good for people to see is always a mistake.
bdanyo was really on top of things and managing everything well there was really every reason to be optimistic.

Hybrid was finally released, due to the pressure about the silence from the community, bdanyo made an error in judgement, he decided that instead of complete silence he would put out a 'teaser' on where things were headed,
so the hybrid announcement included the now infamous '100000 merchants', unfortunately this got way more attention than was expected (I think) and instead of getting us some slack to focus on PandaX as was expected, it caused a lot of extra pressure on us.
Anyway around this time, the first 'cracks' appeared to me, despite the build being ready we ended up being delayed multiple days waiting for amDoge to actually do the release - releasing was something only amDoge could do.

Somewhere in all of this I was pulled into a secret 'inner' channel where more behind the scenes stuff took place, this channel had only amDoge, Ozzke, Bdanyo and myself in it, amDoge actually talked here sometimes so some of the mystery was evaporating.
Much planning and work began on PandaX - at the same time it appeared the Hybrid work had paid off, it attracted to us various new volunteer developers, some of whom had skills perfect for the '100k merchants', bdanyo began to interview them and select ones to work on it.
Things were looking good... At the same time Ozzke and I carried on with the planning and I put out a maintanence release of PandaBank - again some stuff happened here that made me a bit nervous - it ended up taking over a week
to get amDoge to do the builds, there were minor issues with her build system that made the build not work, she was rather reluctant to let me actually help her fix it, eventually the build came out but not for linux (I think it still isn't out for linux?) even though I implemented fixes for her to try help with this.

A week or so after this bdanyo didn't come online, he sometimes went to visit family for a few days so we didn't think much of it, but then it was a week and still no bdanyo, 2 weeks nothing.
We began trying to track him down, none of this numbers worked, we found other numbers, nothing. It became apparent that most of the names we had for him were pseudonyms.
At this point I know everyone is going to yell scam, but I don't believe it to be the case. Ozzke who knew him far longer than me vouches for him, from what I know of him I would also vouch for him,
also it makes no sense, all of his PND accounts are still full, he has not emptied them, about a week from dissapearance he stopped staking but other than that no activity. If he were a scammer or if he just decided he wanted out, surely he would have sold.
It is my belief (sadly) that something bad possibly fatal has happened to him - the pseudonym was not because he was a scammer but simply because he wanted to protect his personal life.

Anyway, reality was now staring us in the face, bdanyo wasn't coming back, he was the glue that held it all together and without him it was unlikely we could pull PandaX off, we also lost some of the devs working on it as they lost interest after he stopped talking to them.
At the same time the community started placing lots of pressure on Ozzke regardings advertising, and roadmaps etc. etc. With this staring him in the face and given all the money he had put into this (Ozzke personally paid much of the funds for people like me to work on PND - and also heavily invested in the coin), that his company whichh e had been neglecting was in danger etc.
Ozzke really had no choice but to face up to reality, he decided to leave his role at PND. Being the amazing guy that he is he didn't do this immediately but rather took it upon himself to finalise one of bdanyos ongonig developments 'pndproject'
he also asked me if I would finish one of the things I was working on - which I agreed - and I still will release it at some point however have not yet managed due to personal life constraints (and a bit of a loss of motivation).
He wanted both announced before he left, but in the end released just 'pndproject' and then announced his 'resignation' - it was agreed that he would hang around and I would still deliver my little project, which will still happen at some point.

And that is essentially where we find ourselves now. The dev team has essntially disintegrated:
Bdanyo: Missing (presumed dead or something)
Ozzke: Resigned, burnt out.
Linux_mint_pal: I've not seen since bdanyo stopped being active - he was putting a lot of personal time into this, so I presume he too has had to go back to reality
amDoge: Still around, but from what I can tell rather apathetic towards it all, I'm not sure what if anything she is planning to do, but going on what I've seen so far I wouldn't hold my breathe, basically she is just waiting for somebody else to take charge again I guess?
Myself: Well I'm still around, but as you know I'm a mercenary and I don't work for free.

So this is what has happened, I know everyone is looking for another "mintgox" or "josh garza" or whatever to point at and blame, but really what I see here is a bunch of people who gave it their all and due to unfortunate circumstances simply didn't make it.
And really I can't blame them, its not fair for so much to be put on a few people who aren't getting paid while everyone does nothing.
So where to from here?

Well there are really two routes to go:
1) Everyone can panic and blame one another and tear it all apart and PND can die.

2) We can look at what is left and rebuild.
You still have one of the best wallets.
You still have one of the best communities.
Ozzke has left you the best possible parting gift, pndproject an equitable platform on which people can actually be paid for their work, where a proper economy ecosystem can sprout.

If everyone pools together and starts using it, a new strong PND could emerge, where everything is open and where development is spread out among the whole community, with no unfair pressure on single people working for free.
If everyone puts the effort in and gets behind it there is no need for everyones investments and effort to go to waste, who knows perhaps over time people like Ozzke may even be able to come back, that would be truly nice.
Though as a mercenary I won't work for free, if I see a future for the coin I would still love to be involved, so soon I myself will be putting some of my ideas (many of them parts of PandaX) onto pndproject, if you the community want to fund them I will be happy to implement them.

The ball is in your hands now, show everyone that you want to build and there is no reason we can't."

mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:14:01 PM

I hope the guy is alright.

I remember the log of irc he had with jacobux when he wanted to involve bdanyo in his scam, to which bdanyo jsut said no, and that's how he found Pandacoin PND. I knew there was greatness there. I really hope he's alright.

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
rghmodz

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:38:30 PM

Dashboard is now complete feature wise. Just need to make a few small fixes and changes. I will post an official launch date and time later.

rastab48

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:15:47 PM

Dashboard for what?
donacid

Activity: 158

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:18:12 PM

Dashboard for what?

PND snake game Smiley awesome job, you're a real gem for us
rghmodz

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:07:01 PM

Dashboard for what?

Thanks. I am doing some design changes now. Almost ready for launch.

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:30:27 PM

Dashboard for what?

I play it like 3 hours a day and it's cool  Cool ! But I'm afraid to empty it !
rghmodz

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:40:42 PM

Dashboard for what?

I play it like 3 hours a day and it's cool  Cool ! But I'm afraid to empty it !
Play as much as you like Cheesy When the dashboard launches you can register and track your scores easier and see your highest score and what its rank is in the leaderboard

rghmodz

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:08:52 PM

Here is some preview pics of dashboard

Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: