Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:16:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
PhiPhi

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

✯Empowering the Influencer Economy✯

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:07:04 AM

Hey guys when is the new update?

soon™

it's taking too long, shareholders are losing fate

Personally in many ways I am more encouraged than ever.

PND is currently at 25% of it's PND/BTC high just over 2 months ago and much worse in USD terms.
We have what might to some look like insurmountable sell walls on BTX all the way up.
Daily volume is low and down facing (but quite good considering).
The touchstone BTC Rock is now falling like a rock and bearish sentiment abounds.
Scammer's, hackers, pump 'n dumpers are rampant amongst the crypto community.

So why would I be more encouraged under those seemingly dire circumstances?

This thread should be full of bitter and disappointed bag holders, people screaming at the devs, running around with their hair on fire, pumpers pumping and all the other drama that goes on when a coins price drops so dramatically.  I just don't see that behaviour from this community, it is the epitome of 'Keep Calm and Carry On' in fact it's a bit weird in the nicest possible way.  IRC is fun and unpredictable with young guns and old farts like me all interacting, helping out noobs, tipping, raining, discussing everything under the sun in fact the least talked about subject is the price of PND!

For better or worse I've put my faith in the devs and the PND community's vision not in charts, BTC or the price at any particular point in time, naive? perhaps, a long shot? probably, worth the long term risk? definitely.

chiksilog

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:38:46 AM

For anyone else wanting to run pandacoind on their headless boxes, I put up a short guide on http://devrandom.serveblog.net. I still have PandaBank on my Windows machine but it now runs in Lite Mode since I don't turn it on that frequently. Thanks again mtrycz!
cadexn

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:32:57 AM

BTC is taking a huge hit these past few days
dicksausage

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:47:21 AM

BTC is taking a huge shit these past few days

PND IS BEST COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LOVE
PND IS ONLY COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LIFE
mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:24:16 AM

For anyone else wanting to run pandacoind on their headless boxes, I put up a short guide on http://devrandom.serveblog.net. I still have PandaBank on my Windows machine but it now runs in Lite Mode since I don't turn it on that frequently. Thanks again mtrycz!

That's great! Happy to see you actually got around to publishing it.

Some minor nitpicks to make it perfect:
* add how to encrypt a newly created wallet
* state that the default dir for pandacoind is /home/user/.pandacoind - that's what's used when you don't supply a -datadir (and what I use for simplisity)
* also, state how to alias the command with a shorthand
* state that compiling on a Raspberry Pi could require setting additional swap; there are lots of guides for this
* security consideration: I run pandacoind with a dedicated user, created just for this; it's a good idea to run every wallet with a different user to keep things separate. Also, don't run the wallet with the user you connect to with ssh.
* maybe add an tl;dr at the end (setup script and commands recap)

Cheers!

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
chiksilog

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:30:02 AM

* state that the default dir for pandacoind is /home/user/.pandacoind - that's what's used when you don't supply a -datadir (and what I use for simplisity)
* state that compiling on a Raspberry Pi could require setting additional swap; there are lots of guides for this
* security consideration: I run pandacoind with a dedicated user, created just for this; it's a good idea to run every wallet with a different user to keep things separate. Also, don't run the wallet with the user you connect to with ssh.

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll update the article
Pelgoran98

Activity: 328

It'd be nice.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:26:22 PM

Hey guys when is the new update?

soon™

it's taking too long, shareholders are losing fate

Personally in many ways I am more encouraged than ever.

PND is currently at 25% of it's PND/BTC high just over 2 months ago and much worse in USD terms.
We have what might to some look like insurmountable sell walls on BTX all the way up.
Daily volume is low and down facing (but quite good considering).
The touchstone BTC Rock is now falling like a rock and bearish sentiment abounds.
Scammer's, hackers, pump 'n dumpers are rampant amongst the crypto community.

So why would I be more encouraged under those seemingly dire circumstances?

This thread should be full of bitter and disappointed bag holders, people screaming at the devs, running around with their hair on fire, pumpers pumping and all the other drama that goes on when a coins price drops so dramatically.  I just don't see that behaviour from this community, it is the epitome of 'Keep Calm and Carry On' in fact it's a bit weird in the nicest possible way.  IRC is fun and unpredictable with young guns and old farts like me all interacting, helping out noobs, tipping, raining, discussing everything under the sun in fact the least talked about subject is the price of PND!

For better or worse I've put my faith in the devs and the PND community's vision not in charts, BTC or the price at any particular point in time, naive? perhaps, a long shot? probably, worth the long term risk? definitely.

What an enlightened post. This gives me much encouragement. Thank you, PhiPhi.
mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:47:02 PM

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll update the article

You could probably ask ozzke to add it to the frontpage as a panda related guide.

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
Tearz

Activity: 627

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:18:23 PM

BTC is taking a huge shit these past few days

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
MilesPorter1

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:37:39 PM

I find it very strange that there seems to be this conflict between day traders and investors in the cryptocurrency community. We are all here to make a success in one way or another, some are out to make a quick buck while others want to invest in innovation and see their investment flourish. There is a large sell wall on the low SATS for PND and day traders are propagating that wall but its keeping trade volumes up and people like me who know that Pandacoin are a market innovator and are confident that our stakes will flourish are getting great prices at the moment. Personally I don't have the capital in one large sum to invest, I am putting in a little bit each week and for that reason these current prices are brilliant for me.

I do everything I can to promote Pandacoin to all my family and friends. I printed out paper wallets with 1 million PND and gave them as presents to people at christmas who then were intrigued to find out what it is all about. I also run a workgroup for some friends who are interested in cryptocurrencies and I direct them to the crash course on the Pandacoin website for an overview and use my PND trades as examples. I get the feeling that that is the kind of thing the other Pandacoin investors do, that is what we are about, becoming a part of the future rather than just a spectator.

I don't think I am expressing any new ideas here but I just felt like I wanted to add my view on the situation to like minded people. I am in on this for the long haul and look forward to the future of Pandacoin. Keep up the great work everyone.
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:42:36 PM

I find it very strange that there seems to be this conflict between day traders and investors in the cryptocurrency community. We are all here to make a success in one way or another, some are out to make a quick buck while others want to invest in innovation and see their investment flourish. There is a large sell wall on the low SATS for PND and day traders are propagating that wall but its keeping trade volumes up and people like me who know that Pandacoin are a market innovator and are confident that our stakes will flourish are getting great prices at the moment. Personally I don't have the capital in one large sum to invest, I am putting in a little bit each week and for that reason these current prices are brilliant for me.

I do everything I can to promote Pandacoin to all my family and friends. I printed out paper wallets with 1 million PND and gave them as presents to people at christmas who then were intrigued to find out what it is all about. I also run a workgroup for some friends who are interested in cryptocurrencies and I direct them to the crash course on the Pandacoin website for an overview and use my PND trades as examples. I get the feeling that that is the kind of thing the other Pandacoin investors do, that is what we are about, becoming a part of the future rather than just a spectator.

I don't think I am expressing any new ideas here but I just felt like I wanted to add my view on the situation to like minded people. I am in on this for the long haul and look forward to the future of Pandacoin. Keep up the great work everyone.

Miles, you just explained exactly why I am here and precisely how I feel. Spot ON, my Friend!!
Tomski

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:50:16 PM

Nice explanation Smiley
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:22:46 PM

Well said...You pretty much spoke what every Panda believer thinks here.
Tomski

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:16:32 PM

Glad to see this
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:32:04 PM

Glad to see this

I agree. Optimism is warranted even in the worst of times with THIS coin. I'm tellin' ya! I trust my heart, my soul and my gut. And, I have proceeded accordingly in all my investments and relationships to this Coin and Community.
VDechand

Activity: 358

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:40:33 PM

Where can i buy PND with paypal? I try to buy PND on wesellpnd, but wesellpnd show me a error message:

"Error 107: Oops! It doesn't look like you're verified for purchasing on WeSellCrypto! To become verified, click here to email us. To learn more about our levels of verification, please see our Limits & Verifications page."

My question is, can i buy PND with paypal on another website?
Tomski

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:47:35 PM

Where can i buy PND with paypal? I try to buy PND on wesellpnd, but wesellpnd show me a error message:

"Error 107: Oops! It doesn't look like you're verified for purchasing on WeSellCrypto! To become verified, click here to email us. To learn more about our levels of verification, please see our Limits & Verifications page."

Just send them an e-mail. See: http://wesellpnd.com/limits

You could also try buypnd.com
VDechand

Activity: 358

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:51:15 PM

thanks, i bought Pandacoins for 5 dollar :3 Next time, i buy Pandacoins for more Tongue
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:30:30 AM

thanks, i bought Pandacoins for 5 dollar :3 Next time, i buy Pandacoins for more Tongue

That is not only good news, but that's all it takes. 5 dollars buys a lot of Pandacoins right now. You are taking advantage at the perfect time. Good for you. Doing it on a regular basis is the best way to build up your stack of Coins. It does not take a lot of money to become a powerful holder of this potentially very successful cryptocurrency. Just add patience to the mix, and you are on your way. Congratulations!
cadexn

Activity: 350

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:41:17 AM

It is indeed the perfect time to break walls now seeing as how low BTC is getting and the wall is still not getting removed from the PND side.
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: