Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:17:58 PM

On the other hand I am working with them to repair one of my miners (2 bad cards and 1 bad card on a working one). So far they have been helpful if a bit delayed. At the moment I have 3 bad cards due to a default setting my miners had...I corrected that and things seem to be working for the remaining cards. For me personally it has not been all bad. At the end of the day its just been communications issues as has been stated. I can't speak for anyone else but myself, so far my own experience has been while a bit delayed they have eventually replied. That being said I do get that people are fed up and want answers.

Hopefully this all gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction. There is more bad blood here than a hemophiliacs convention (no offense intended to hemophiliacs).

What were the settings and how do I get to them? I now have 4 dead boards.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:18:22 PM

Before Opieum showed up here with his overload of optimism, people were bitching about not hearing back for MONTHS. This is nothing new.

AMT has been giving customers the shaft since late last year.

But remain calm, because Opieum says so.

I have an idea. Stop riding AMT's dick because they are giving you SOME form of help. They are fucking over the rest of the community while they help you out with your 1 miner.

And you are still posting useless crap. What have you done to help anyone here? Ahh nothing. Any technical help with those with miners? So far you just talk alot of shit. I spend time here trying to help other people take the appropriate action whether thats contacting AMT or taking action another way. Hell I have even pointed a few people in the right direction on what actions they should take. And not always to AMTs benefit. Like I said I am neutral on this. But I am going to be honest and post my own experience vs just harping on more shit just because its the popular thing to do. If they do something right, then they should get SOME credit for it. That said They have fucked up alot. They are being held to account. You are not needed as you are not anything more than a troll. You have added nothing but anger to the discussion which makes you a troll. Contribute something of use instead of the same tired bullshit.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:33:44 PM

On the other hand I am working with them to repair one of my miners (2 bad cards and 1 bad card on a working one). So far they have been helpful if a bit delayed. At the moment I have 3 bad cards due to a default setting my miners had...I corrected that and things seem to be working for the remaining cards. For me personally it has not been all bad. At the end of the day its just been communications issues as has been stated. I can't speak for anyone else but myself, so far my own experience has been while a bit delayed they have eventually replied. That being said I do get that people are fed up and want answers.

Hopefully this all gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction. There is more bad blood here than a hemophiliacs convention (no offense intended to hemophiliacs).

Check your PMs. There are a couple simple things you do to check they are really there unless they are burned out beyond recovery.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:39:16 PM

Check your PMs. There are a couple simple things you do to check they are really there unless they are burned out beyond recovery.

Can post again the check list?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:55:56 PM

If you can PM me that info too I would appreciate it.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
ladi4ever

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:05:18 PM

So they've been playing favorites - helping you, and ignoring everyone else.

This really helps put everyone at ease (NOT).

For starters why are you are instigating more problems? What are you doing to make this situation work? What stake do you have in this besides just coming in here and going prosecute? Did you get hardware from them? Do have any legitimate claim from this? At this point you are starting to post as much useless shit as loshia but with better english. Trying to contribute in that yes they did contact me. Took a while but they got back to me. I didn't lose my shit and threaten them either. I won't make the assumption that they are playing favorites. Considering that alot of the peoples circumstanced here are different, there may be a reason for it. The legal issues the ones threatning legal action they HAVE to address in a very specific manner to avoid any further liability to themselves. So of course they cease to reply in a public forum. And when asshats like you who have no business even being here starting chiming in with useless comments, then it makes it harder for anyone to get anything. Point is its not all bad if you handle it right.

That all being said, that does not excuse anything AMT has done personally to people. So what is happening is a consequence of bad judgement unfortunatly. But you coming on here in your caps stating proescute....just serves nothing. mrpark obviously knows his rights and has already stated what his intentions are.Why are you commenting further? You have nothing invested besides your emotions and a need for attention in here.  

There is a separate "offcial" users thread. go take your useless bitching there. I read it but I chose to just keep out of it for the most part. You make as many assumptions as you claim I make.

Don't you see that people lost money? There is a reason why they are here talking and looking for away to get their money. This is a huge fraud in a middle of a modern country. You might be Josh or Jim trying to cover your self! There will be a huge prosecution and long time Jail for fraud and stealing, misrepresenting orders from ATM  to people!
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:59:33 PM

AMT ISNT ANSWERING THE DOOR? WHAT A FUCKING SURPRISE.

Joshua Zipkin is already back in Bulgaria with everyone's cash, or likely heading that way soon.

Prosecute as JUSTICE NEEDS TO BE SERVED!
if someone put through my office window i sure as hell wont be there for the next time lol

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:14:14 PM

So they've been playing favorites - helping you, and ignoring everyone else.

This really helps put everyone at ease (NOT).

For starters why are you are instigating more problems? What are you doing to make this situation work? What stake do you have in this besides just coming in here and going prosecute? Did you get hardware from them? Do have any legitimate claim from this? At this point you are starting to post as much useless shit as loshia but with better english. Trying to contribute in that yes they did contact me. Took a while but they got back to me. I didn't lose my shit and threaten them either. I won't make the assumption that they are playing favorites. Considering that alot of the peoples circumstanced here are different, there may be a reason for it. The legal issues the ones threatning legal action they HAVE to address in a very specific manner to avoid any further liability to themselves. So of course they cease to reply in a public forum. And when asshats like you who have no business even being here starting chiming in with useless comments, then it makes it harder for anyone to get anything. Point is its not all bad if you handle it right.

That all being said, that does not excuse anything AMT has done personally to people. So what is happening is a consequence of bad judgement unfortunatly. But you coming on here in your caps stating proescute....just serves nothing. mrpark obviously knows his rights and has already stated what his intentions are.Why are you commenting further? You have nothing invested besides your emotions and a need for attention in here.  

There is a separate "offcial" users thread. go take your useless bitching there. I read it but I chose to just keep out of it for the most part. You make as many assumptions as you claim I make.

Don't you see that people lost money? There is a reason why they are here talking and looking for away to get their money. This is a huge fraud in a middle of a modern country. You might be Josh or Jim trying to cover your self! There will be a huge prosecution and long time Jail for fraud and stealing, misrepresenting orders from ATM  to people!

I love how that's the first think people accuse when they got nothing else. No I am not Josh or anyone from AMT and a few people on here who are in obvious conflict with AMT can back that up. That being said I am not addressing the customers but the people who come on here to stoke the flames of flaming and trolling. The customers have ALL the right in the world to complain in here. People with no busniess with AMT should just go to the other thread as that is what its for. The point is to try to keep things on track for the actual customers to maybe get some answers on here and hopefully try to get AMT to post a bit more. Sadly everytime they do the people with no financial stake in this come in and start instigating and spouting off dumb shit that just makes it a major pain in the ass for everyone in general to get answers.

Hence why I am against them. I have been taking time out to help some people out as I can with what I know. Which is not much as this technology is pretty new. It might not be my job but its something. I have no affiliation with AMT other than being a customer. I too had my own issues with them. They so far have been helpful to me personally. But it does matter to me that other people are struggling in different areas. I tend to have a more activist mentality when it comes to that.

Now to ask you the same question...do you have any financial stake in this? are you a customer? Where do you fit in here to comment? If you are not activly contributing to help the peple on here then just go away. If you have no legitimate gripe with AMT besides just instigating other people then again you like a few others serve no purpose. See there are people who while I dont agree with I respect. Phin actually got alot of info. In that sense it validated that the company existed. He contributes. Both humor and information (accuracy can be questionable at times but I still respect it). loshia? sirminesalot? same old shit SUE ARREST BLAH BLAH BLAH same old tired shit with no substance to help anyone. Just loud bullshit.

SO my advice to you contribute or just go away. Cant force you to as I don't have that ability but At least now everyone else can see it and call you out as well.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:24:44 PM

I need a wiring diagram for this!

I got the Rhasp Pi hooked up to the GPIO cable and the power supply.

I got the board hooked up to a PCI-E power connector.

I got the backplane hooked up a floppy disk power connector.

What else do I need hooked up?  How does the Raspberry Pi turn on?  I don't see any switches.  There is a red light that comes on.   

Anyone can help here.

AMT you are the worse supplier ever... can't even help a customer out.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2602

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:03:50 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 11:31:27 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

very unfortunate situation.  I have a brick that I paid $6,000 to acquire.  still waiting on that missing backplane.  

wary of sending anything back to AMT since they don't seem to be receiving anything nor is there even a chance of getting anything back.
Given the slim chance of help for ya, for now guess it's up to us...
As ISAWHIM said, the backplane can be repaired. After repairing it what needs to be done is find what card caused the overload.

Trouble shooting basics:

With backplane repaired, and inspected for any shorts along where the trace burned:
Remove ALL of the ASIC cards and plug in only the floppy power connector. No GPIO to the backplane yet.
Briefly power up. Any smoke?

If not, power down and GPIO cable time, along that line; Is the GPIO card plugged in right? If the board sockets are not keyed if lucky there is P1 label on the sockets to identify which end of the socket gets the red wire on the ribbon cable. If no label, then standard practice is to have the cable leading straight out from or into the edge of board, not folded over the connector. No guarantee on that.plug the GPIO cable into the backplane and either the RasPi  _OR_ the mainboard that has the 24pin PSU connector on it. Not sure how AMT did it... Opieum, since I don't have a miner just guessing so comment on that?
Dragons look like they use GPIO from a real RasPi to the mainboard and then a cable from main to the backplane.

Turn on again and see if you can log into the RasPi.

If you can that only leaves the ASIC cards which will need close inspection around where the backplane plugs in.

The 5v most likely feeds the SPI interface and a data signal level translator for ASICs. Hopefully should not be too hard to see where that 5v rail is being shorted...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:29:42 PM

FYI check the cards to make sure there is no seepage on the various traces and around the small heatsinks from thermal grease. That can cause issues especially if they are using artic silver or some other conductive grease. Use a qtip or a small brush to clean it off (if you have it) little things like that can make a huge difference.

opieum2

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:48:15 PM

very unfortunate situation.  I have a brick that I paid $6,000 to acquire.  still waiting on that missing backplane.  

wary of sending anything back to AMT since they don't seem to be receiving anything nor is there even a chance of getting anything back.
Given the slim chance of help for ya, for now guess it's up to us...
As ISAWHIM said, the backplane can be repaired. After repairing it what needs to be done is find what card caused the overload.

Trouble shooting basics:

With backplane repaired, and inspected for any shorts along where the trace burned:
Remove ALL of the ASIC cards and plug in only the floppy power connector. No GPIO to the backplane yet.

If not, power down and GPIO cable time, along that line; Is the GPIO card plugged in right? If the board sockets are not keyed if lucky there is P1 label on the sockets to identify which end of the socket gets the red wire on the ribbon cable. If no label, then standard practice is to have the cable leading straight out from or into the edge of board, not folded over the connector. No guarantee on that.plug the GPIO cable into the backplane and either the RasPi  _OR_ the mainboard that has the 24pin PSU connector on it. Not sure how AMT did it... Opieum, since I don't have a miner just guessing so comment on that?
Dragons look like they use GPIO from a real RasPi to the mainboard and then a cable from main to the backplane.

Turn on again and see if you can log into the RasPi.

If you can that only leaves the ASIC cards which will need close inspection around where the backplane plugs in.

The 5v most likely feeds the SPI interface and a data signal level translator for ASICs. Hopefully should not be too hard to see where that 5v rail is being shorted...

THere are a couple things....first make sure there is no metal contacting other metal form the RASPI or at all anywhere. THat can cause the issue you experienced. Alternatly power up the miner with a single card plugged in...then power off completley (all lights off on everything on the miner) then single out which one is the failed....firstly here is some prerequsite advice courtesy of AMT with a small modification by me.

DO NOT plug in any of the cards. In fact run the RASPI on its own. This will ensure this does not get borked on the cards themselves. Disclaimer: This requires some linux skills. Nothing fancy just SSH and basic use of command line. If you cannot do this then the DIY was definitely a bad choice and AMT did warn people about that before hand. BUt anyway on to the howto:

Start the raspi (you can plug intto a PC with just a microUSB cable no PSU needed). Plug in your monitor or ssh however you connect to it. This is the only modification to AMT's original direction. It just an added protection against anything going wrong or another card burning out

login as root/amt
type the following in the exact order and do not miss a step. These are AMT's instructions that worked for my working hardware.

Code:
amt-setup
amt-setup dpot
amt-setup dpot 0x5f
amt-setup apply
amt-setup mode
amt-setup mode 2 16000:750000:2000
amt-setup apply

Things are working for me after that with the remaining hardware. I am still working on 2 of the 3 dead cards I have. They MIGHT be revivable but not detectable and one I am positive is dead as it prevents the whole system from powering up. Again this is their supported instructions (minus the disconnected raspi part that is a suggestion to prevent the cards from running into any issues). All I added was to make sure that system was disconnected and just the raspi to ensure that none of the cards come up and the modification above can be made.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:54:05 PM

Just to nit and keep info straight, yes all thermal compound must be removed from where it dunna belong however most thermal compounds including Arctic Silver are not electrically conductive.

They do have a dielectric value (makes fair capacitor material). If in the wrong place it is like tying small value capacitors across leads/traces. That can lead to fun things like unwanted signal coupling between traces/leads, changing clock freqs, etc.

Any silver bearing material is to be used carefully as it WILL attack any aluminum parts it touches and the corrosion from that certainly cause a real short.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:55:10 PM

Just to nit and keep info straight, yes all thermal compound must be removed from where it dunna belong however most thermal compounds including Arctic Silver are not electrically conductive.

They do have a dielectric value (makes fair capacitor material). If in the wrong place it is like tying small value capacitors across leads/traces. That can lead to fun things like unwanted signal coupling between traces/leads, changing clock freqs, etc.

Any silver bearing material is to be used carefully as it WILL attack any aluminum parts it touches and the corrosion from that certainly cause a real short.

Right and since it seems the compounds vary from board to board its kinda key to make sure its clean.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:03:40 AM

Ja. Saw an early youtube vid from Dec. 23 on unboxing/starting up an Ant S1 and yeesh! The thing had TC all over it like a paste feed line blew off and sprayed it.. At least AMT hasn't done that yet.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:14:12 AM

Does the RSAPI require its own USB power source or can it get power from the AMT bitmine board?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:21:31 AM

Does it have a micro-usb on it? Stand alone Pi's get their power through that with the full size usb ports being for keyboard. V1 chips use 5v @750ma, v2 chips require 5v @1a. If it is attached to/part of the main board I'd assume it gets power from the board.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:23:02 AM

Does it have a micro-usb on it? Stand alone Pi's get their power through that. V1 chips use 5v @750ma, v2 chips require 5v @1a.

I am just waiting for someone... anyone... to tell me how to wire together the AMT parts!

BTW... another image from the junk AMT sent me:

That one of the fans that was broken into lots of pieces.

Note also the cage that is completely bent around the board.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:25:00 AM

Does it have a micro-usb on it? Stand alone Pi's get their power through that. V1 chips use 5v @750ma, v2 chips require 5v @1a.

I am just waiting for someone... anyone... to tell me how to wire together the AMT parts!
Perhaps Opieum2/MrPark can post a few pics of the cabling?

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:30:37 AM

Um in that pic a least one chipsink is very askew. AFAIK they are (should be) epoxied to the chips so odds are that chip has been partly torn loose and will most likely be shorting out... If lucky they used thermal tape vs epoxy. Is the chip(s) still square with the stenciled outline? Still firmly attached?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: