Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANUBIS - a CGMINER Web Frontend  (Read 83109 times)
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 05:52:51 AM

So I have absolutely no idea how to use MySQL or php...

Extract the .tar.gz to a directory of your choice i.e. http://my.host.com/anubis and edit
"config.inc.php" to reflect your db values for ANUBIS. You need to have a user/password and a database
set in your MySQL configuration for ANUBIS.

I got the extract part down, and I can edit config.inc.php but IDK what to put in it or what to do after that.  I have apache2, php5, mysql-server, and phpmyadmin installed on Ubuntu 11.04 64.  Huh

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pontius

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 07:59:04 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2012, 07:58:08 PM by Pontius

So I have absolutely no idea how to use MySQL or php...

Extract the .tar.gz to a directory of your choice i.e. http://my.host.com/anubis and edit
"config.inc.php" to reflect your db values for ANUBIS. You need to have a user/password and a database
set in your MySQL configuration for ANUBIS.

I got the extract part down, and I can edit config.inc.php but IDK what to put in it or what to do after that.  I have apache2, php5, mysql-server, and phpmyadmin installed on Ubuntu 11.04 64.  Huh

Code:
% mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
mysql> CREATE DATABASE anubis_db;
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON anubis_db.* TO 'anubis'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'your password here';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
mysql> \q

If your apache is running on a different box then your MySQL add a second GRANT statement (before the FLUSH):
Code:
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON anubis_db.* TO 'anubis'@'your apache hosts IP here' IDENTIFIED BY 'your password here';

In the config.inc.php adjust the password of the anubis user (and maybe you've to adjust the MySQL IP too). That's it.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 05:37:00 PM

Liking this...

gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 06:31:24 PM

I guess I can screw anything up...

Code:
mysql> GRANT ALL ON 'anubis_db' to 'anubis'@'localhost' identified by 'your password here';

I can't get this line correct, I get either syntax error or no database selected.  Password, and localhost are easy, but what goes in 'anubis_db' and 'anubis'? My anubis directory is ~/anubis if that helps.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
Pontius

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 08:00:37 PM

Sorry, gnar1ta$, my fault.  Sad Correct command should be:

Code:
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON anubis_db.* TO 'anubis'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'your password here';

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 08:01:03 PM

I guess I can screw anything up...

Code:
mysql> GRANT ALL ON 'anubis_db' to 'anubis'@'localhost' identified by 'your password here';

I can't get this line correct, I get either syntax error or no database selected.  Password, and localhost are easy, but what goes in 'anubis_db' and 'anubis'? My anubis directory is ~/anubis if that helps.

anubis_db is the name of the database anubis will use, and anubis is the name of the user. You can leave them as such, or change them, and change the config.inc.php accordingly.

I also ran in to trouble creating the user (ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed ..), I ended up creating a database called  "anubis" (without _db) and for some reason it did work with no issue.

The LT

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 12:08:06 AM

Anubis gives me a constant:

Code:
Notice: Undefined index: MHS 5s in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/anubis/index.php on line 359

Along with a very high reject ratio. It doesn't update some other variables as well. I'm using cgminer 2.1.2.

P.S.
I am not dissing the project, but I've run into all sorts of issues installing the script... Please do mention the short_open_tags or get rid of them completely as they aren't turned on by default in many distributions. That said, you need to do more error handling. Currently, there is none.

It's nice to see all those projects get started but I haven't yet seen something more useful than MRTG used in BAMT. I'll surely consider a donation once this gets to a usable state. At the moment, though, i'd be better of using the standard pool's worker notification interface, which already provides me with mh/s and worker-down notifications.

I think that this project needs to be taken back to the drawing board and worked on a bit more. I am mining at deepbit and I fail to see the usefulness of this. The only useful thing it does is temp. reporting, which was easily done before via MRTG and some scripts.

Again, i'd like to stress that I'm not criticizing the project as it is, but I am getting a feeling that a wheel is being reinvented here. I'd really love to see more control over the miners themselves. My feature list would be:

1. Automatic shutoff of the miners based on temperature thresholds.
2. Adjusting cgminer options / start/restart / config file editing.
3. Statistics using mrtg / cacti / nagios / whatever...
4. Pool switching / GPU control / Failover settings / etc...

The above can easily be done (and was done by many) just by using shell scripting along with some basic PHP. A concise, well-written and integrated system would be very welcome. I do feel you're on the right track here, but I would ask you to reevaluate your objectives. Instead of diving even further into Android notifications, I'd divert more attention to basic functionality first.
P4man

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:16:09 AM

The LT, you are asking for features which are already in cgminer, while dissing as unneeded features which are not (but are in BAMT).
You are aware this is being developed for.. cgminer, right ? Smiley.

The LT

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 12:26:01 AM

The LT, you are asking for features which are already in cgminer, while dissing as unneeded features which are not (but are in BAMT).
You are aware this is being developed for.. cgminer, right ? Smiley.

A bit of background here...

BAMT is just what it is, BAMT. Personally, I don't want to run a USB-based distribution, I am running Gentoo on my nodes. It's much cleaner in my opinion. I have written ebuilds for cgminer/app sdk and it's very easy to switch drivers/sdks/cgminer revisions to test different setups.

What the community really needs in my opinion, is a GUI-manager for the rigs. And I didn't really catch what you mean by unneeded features. To me, an MH 5s feature is unneeded (it doesn't work for me in anubis anyway).

cgminer has its own console interactive shell, yes, what we do need though is centralized management. It's a pain to reconfigure 20 nodes for failover pool configuration. At the moment I just upload new configuration files via SFTP and restart the nodes, but it would be great to configure all that graphically.

Am I making any sense here? Smiley
P4man

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:32:01 AM

AFAIK, the interface on cgminer doesnt support any of that yet, like pool management or even controlling GPU/fan/clockspeed etc. Its still being worked on. Cant expect those features in anubis before they are even in cgminer.
There are lots of things that can and should be added to it, but this is brand new, and already as it is, I find it extremely useful to be able to monitor my rigs hashrate, temps etc in a single webpage that runs locally on my own machine. Dont have any of the problems you reported btw.

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 12:36:34 AM

I share some of your concerns which is why I started https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60329.0

Sadly, it didn't get much response. For some reason people love reinventing the wheel.

The LT

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 12:51:50 AM

AFAIK, the interface on cgminer doesnt support any of that yet, like pool management or even controlling GPU/fan/clockspeed etc. Its still being worked on. Cant expect those features in anubis before they are even in cgminer.
There are lots of things that can and should be added to it, but this is brand new, and already as it is, I find it extremely useful to be able to monitor my rigs hashrate, temps etc in a single webpage that runs locally on my own machine. Dont have any of the problems you reported btw.

Are you talking about the API or the interactive shell? The interactive shell always supported them and it could be easily done by parsing config files and restarting cgminer. There have been monitoring scripts which parsed cgminer's output even before the API came to be.

I don't have any 'problems' with anubis, it's a fairly simple script at the moment in which problems are easily fixed. And again, thanks and respect go to the author for getting to writing it and sharing it with us! It's great that you find it useful. But well, I am not completely sharing your enthusiasm just yet, because I already have worker monitoring and notifications in deepbit and throttlers/critical temp shutdown scripts on the miner.

For the application to shine, we need statistics and more control over the miners...
The LT

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 12:55:01 AM

I share some of your concerns which is why I started https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60329.0

Sadly, it didn't get much response. For some reason people love reinventing the wheel.

I've actually bookmarked your topic yesterday. Smiley Haven't gotten to reply to it as it slipped from my eyes. I'll just go there and post... Smiley
Internet151

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 10:20:13 AM

I would like the option for my GPU temps to turn blue if their temps fall too low, as this is a quick way to easily see something is wrong with the pool cgminer is connected to. Sometimes during pool outages cgminer will display an above normal false hash rate, and the average hash rate will take a long time to dip down. GPU temps dropping is the quickest way to see an issue in this scenario.
DBordello

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 11:42:38 PM

Feature request: either started time or the uptime.  It would be nice to see if a miner rebooted.  Maybe highlight it if it rebooted within the last 6 hours.

Keep up time good work.  Dan

www.BTCPak.com - Exchange your bitcoins for MP: Secure, Anonymous and Easy!
heinz

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:05:59 PM

I started setting this up and had no clue where to begin. I've gotten to a certain point and am looking for a push in the right direction. Any hints appreciated.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21735054/Anubis%20-%20a%20cgminer%20web%20frontend.htm
P4man

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:18:53 PM

You dont have PHP installed (or its not working).

heinz

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:20:33 PM

i can pull up http://127.0.0.1/?phpinfo=1 with no problems. Info there populates

I used wamp if that makes any difference.

PHP Version 5.3.9

System   Windows NT SERVER 6.1 build 7601 (Windows 7 Business Edition Service Pack 1) i586
Build Date   Jan 10 2012 16:15:55
Compiler   MSVC9 (Visual C++ 2008)
Architecture   x86
Configure Command   cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--disable-isapi" "--enable-debug-pack" "--disable-isapi" "--without-mssql" "--without-pdo-mssql" "--without-pi3web" "--with-pdo-oci=D:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8=D:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8-11g=D:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient11\sdk,shared" "--enable-object-out-dir=../obj/" "--enable-com-dotnet" "--with-mcrypt=static" "--disable-static-analyze"
Server API   Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support   enabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path   C:\Windows
Loaded Configuration File   C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.21\bin\php.ini
heinz

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:35:22 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2012, 07:47:24 PM by heinz

Fixed. I had my root password wrong.  Grin
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:49:33 PM

i can pull up http://127.0.0.1/?phpinfo=1 with no problems. Info there populates

I used wamp if that makes any difference.

PHP Version 5.3.9

System   Windows NT SERVER 6.1 build 7601 (Windows 7 Business Edition Service Pack 1) i586
Build Date   Jan 10 2012 16:15:55
Compiler   MSVC9 (Visual C++ 2008)
Architecture   x86
Configure Command   cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--disable-isapi" "--enable-debug-pack" "--disable-isapi" "--without-mssql" "--without-pdo-mssql" "--without-pi3web" "--with-pdo-oci=D:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8=D:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8-11g=D:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient11\sdk,shared" "--enable-object-out-dir=../obj/" "--enable-com-dotnet" "--with-mcrypt=static" "--disable-static-analyze"
Server API   Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support   enabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path   C:\Windows
Loaded Configuration File   C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.21\bin\php.ini

see if the other php webmonitor works?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58834.0

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: