Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210697 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
heya77

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:42:41 PM

Has your opinion changed? Although I have in the past questioned the 1% developer mining share at times when you have not been active I share your concerns in this case.

Negatives:

1. Currently I consider the original GitHub repository to be official repository not the new BlockChainDevelopmentCompany repository. Zoidberg has proven a high level of understanding of the Boolberry codebase and is willing to review pull requests from new developers.
2. I don't like that 1blocklologist changed the Bitcointalk link on the r/boolberry sidebar to the new moderated thread which contains links to the new GitHub
3. I dislike the new BBR masternode plan
4. I dislike the plan to change the BBR ticker to XBR
5. I dislike all the Boolberry price target speculation. Talk without a significant demonstration of development ability reminds me too much of pump an dump tactics common in other coins

Positives:

1. It is nice to have interest from a new developer since you have not been active in a long time
2. Since you have not been active I like the proposal to remove the 1% developer mining reward (my mind could be changed if you started developing again)

Ya, i changed my opinion, he started to insult me personally in chat, so i just ignore him.

Really hope to get back to BBR development before new year.

Zoidberg.

Thank you for your response. By private message he asked for control of my Twitter account which I did not provide.

https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/788789638735405056

Translation: Aeon is not coming back to Poloniex  Grin
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 05:53:14 PM

Hi CZ, thank you for your valuable input.

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

Thanks again for all of your great work! Wink

At the moment i can say only that 1blocklologist didn't get my trust yet.
He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

For me it looks like a fake, so be careful.

Zoidberg.

Has your opinion changed? Although I have in the past questioned the 1% developer mining share at times when you have not been active I share your concerns in this case.
My current opinion is as follows:

Negatives:

1. Currently I consider the original GitHub repository to be official repository not the new BlockChainDevelopmentCompany repository. Zoidberg has proven a high level of understanding of the Boolberry codebase and is willing to review pull requests from new developers.
2. I don't like that 1blocklologist changed the Bitcointalk link on the r/boolberry sidebar to the new moderated thread which contains links to the new GitHub
5. I dislike all the Boolberry price target speculation. Talk without a significant demonstration of development ability reminds me too much of pump an dump tactics common in other coins

Positives:

1. It is nice to have interest from a new developer since you have not been active in a long time
2. Since you have not been active I like the proposal to remove the 1% developer mining reward (my mind could be changed if you started developing again)

Well I'm obligated to be defensive about this, so here are the answers:

All five of your negatives were directly related to CryptoZoidberg disappearing. You were the one that posted on Twitter that nobody should even be using Boolberry

August 28th:
"#Boolberry development is non existent. If you are looking for a #Monero alternative with #pruning and an active developer look at #Aeon." and this 100% contributed to my company's plans.

Boolberry development is no longer non existent, with a 100% correlation to my activity, and thats the modest version of that statement.

The masternode development hasn't even begun, we are working on everything else on the roadmap, and when we get that far we are open to input from the community.

The ticker symbol idea wasn't a plan, it was a comment. Lets have a discussion, this is a collaborative process.

We view Boolberry as undervalued. Taking the price target talk into conjunction with the masternode plan and you'd see that people wouldn't need to "dump" because it effectively turns Boolberry into an interest earning asset. We are also actively doing things necessary to get Boolberry on Bitsquare so that there are robust OTC markets that allow people to move a lot of Boolberry without affecting the order books on centralized exchanges.

We can submit pull requests at any time, so it is misguided to form an absolute opinion that because we haven't that we won't. We haven't done anything that would cause harm to the network and have only improved it, nothing we are doing will cause a fork, or any "battle" between developers. Leave amateur hour to bitcoin and ethereum. We have made a lot of improvements to the RPC server, for example.

Hope that helps!

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
xmr_eric

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:00:08 PM

I was legitimately interested in this currency because it is one of the few CryptoNote based ones still in development. Then I read more about "1Blockologist" and I was turned off again. He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

CryptoZoidberg, looking forward to you coming back!
boolberry

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:02:39 PM

Hi CZ, thank you for your valuable input.

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

Thanks again for all of your great work! Wink

At the moment i can say only that 1blocklologist didn't get my trust yet.
He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

For me it looks like a fake, so be careful.

Zoidberg.

My current opinion is as follows:

Negatives:

Positives:

Well I'm obligated to be defensive about this, so here are the answers:

All five of your negatives were directly related to CryptoZoidberg disappearing. You were the one that posted on Twitter that nobody should even be using Boolberry

August 28th:
"#Boolberry development is non existent. If you are looking for a #Monero alternative with #pruning and an active developer look at #Aeon." and this 100% contributed to my company's plans.

Boolberry development is no longer non existent, with a 100% correlation to my activity, and thats the modest version of that statement.

The masternode development hasn't even begun, we are working on everything else on the roadmap, and when we get that far we are open to input from the community.

The ticker symbol idea wasn't a plan, it was a comment. Lets have a discussion, this is a collaborative process.

We view Boolberry as undervalued. Taking the price target talk into conjunction with the masternode plan and you'd see that people wouldn't need to "dump" because it effectively turns Boolberry into an interest earning asset.

We can submit pull requests at any time, so it is misguided to form an absolute opinion that because we haven't that we won't.

Hope that helps!

You are correct that I made those comments about Boolberry development. I think any independent observer would agree with my conclusion (at that time) by observing Boolberry GitHub activity over the past year.

I am happy that new developers (including you) are interested in contributing now. I would like to see collaboration not a takeover attempt (I consider changing the sidebar link on r/boolberry to a new moderated bct thread under your control with links to a new GitHub page a hostile takeover attempt).

I am glad to hear you are open to input about the masternode plan (which I strongly dislike) and the ticker symbol comment is not part of a formal plan.

I stand by my comment about the price speculation talk being over the top based on the level of development activity you have demonstrated so far
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 06:04:02 PM

He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

I stand by my comment about the price speculation talk being over the top based on the level of development activity you have demonstrated so far

https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry/commits/master

What are you guys talking about there are lots of commits now? The price speculation talk was primarily in the research paper before ANY commits were done.

Do you guys realize people actually run the code there?

Your opinions are great feedback but they have to be based in reality, there has to be a threshold where our development is no longer part of a "scam" and just actual software development

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
heya77

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:07:01 PM

I was legitimately interested in this currency because it is one of the few CryptoNote based ones still in development. Then I read more about "1Blockologist" and I was turned off again. He seems like a scam artist, lots of big talk and little actual hard code to show for it. Easy commits mean nothing.

Why not bring Monero-Aeon developers to Boolberry and get it poppin'!
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 06:08:07 PM

Why not bring Monero-Aeon developers to Boolberry and get it poppin'!

I've talked with Smooth, the developer of Aeon and works with the Monero devs too

He is a very busy guy, but Monero contributors have been very helpful so far.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
boolberry

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:10:44 PM

What are you guys talking about there are lots of commits now? The price speculation talk was primarily in the research paper before ANY commits were done.

Your opinions are great feedback but they have to be based in reality, there has to be a threshold where our development is no longer part of a "scam" and just actual software development

I agree there have been more commits recently but many of yours are just merge commits or simple changes. Which commit would you identify as the most important you have made so far in terms of demonstrating your understanding of the CryptoNote codebase?

As I stated above, I will keep an open mind about my views. So far I can say that you have been quite responsive to community feedback.
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 06:12:18 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 07:44:47 PM by 1blockologist

I am happy that new developers (including you) are interested in contributing now. I would like to see collaboration not a takeover attempt (I consider changing the sidebar link on r/boolberry to a new moderated bct thread under your control with links to a new GitHub page a hostile takeover attempt).

This is a moderated thread. You would be much better off if you just held me to the same standard you held CZ to.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 06:13:28 PM

I agree there have been more commits recently but many of yours are just merge commits or simple changes. Which commit would you identify as the most important you have made so far in terms of demonstrating your understanding of the CryptoNote codebase?

I haven't pushed my RPC server changes.

Why don't you join the slack? We talk about cryptonote codebase all day there

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
boolberry

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:15:32 PM

This is a moderated thread. You would be much better off if you just help me to the same standard you held CZ to.

I agree with you on that point. I wish zoidberg had made this thread unmoderated. That was a primary motivation for starting this thread last year

I haven't pushed my RPC server changes.

That is good advice. I have been very busy recently but should make have to make time to do that
heya77

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:17:32 PM

Next thing you are going to question is the loyalty to Boolberry project Grin Cheesy
boolberry

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:20:50 PM

Next thing you are going to question is the loyalty to Boolberry project Grin Cheesy

I have never claimed to be 100% loyal to Boolberry. I have been interested in CryptoNote since 2014 and was very interested in the innovation that zoidberg introduced at that time. I have never hidden my interest in Monero or more recently Aeon.

I am not a Boolberry maximalist and will never put all my faith in a single currency, not even Bitcoin.
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:27:39 PM

You are correct that I made those comments about Boolberry development. I think any independent observer would agree with my conclusion (at that time) by observing Boolberry GitHub activity over the past year.

How about you add some professionalism to your dutites as the largest boolberry related twitter account? Actively promoting another project on a boolberry twitter account regardless of the development is unprofessional. If you can't maintain the duty of managing the twitter account, you should hand it off to someone in the community more capable of the tasks involved. I would suggest one the advocates for boolberry, possibily one of the donators.

The primary duty of a boolberry account is to actively promote the coin and spread the news related to boolberry. If there is no news then there should be no tweets. Don't abuse your account to promote your investments in AEON. Do that on your own personal account, not the boolberry account. It screams unprofessional from the highest elevation possible and sends the wrong message to bbr investors. But I'm sure you already knew that.

That being said, CZ and 1block might have their differences but that will be set aside for the mutual goal of seeing boolberry succeed. IMO, 1block is better suited than you to manage that account because his interests are aligned soley with boolberry, not a competiing currency like AEON.
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:35:03 PM

I would suggest ditching slack in this early stage of the projects reboot in favor of Semaphor.

https://spideroak.com/solutions/semaphor
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/snowdens-favorite-cloud-service-now-has-a-group-chat-app
heya77

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:36:29 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 06:53:46 PM by heya77

I have never claimed to be 100% loyal to Boolberry. I have been interested in CryptoNote since 2014 and was very interested in the innovation that zoidberg introduced at that time. I have never hidden my interest in Monero or more recently Aeon.

I am not a Boolberry maximalist and will never put all my faith in a single currency, not even Bitcoin.

100%? First 10% you have to reach. Delete your twitter account or give it up to those actually interested in this project.

Edit: Stop liking your own tweets you back stabbing bstrd  Cheesy Using Boolberry to promote Monero and Aeon  Grin
boolberry

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:42:00 PM

How about you add some professionalism to your dutites as the largest boolberry related twitter account? Actively promoting another project on a boolberry twitter account regardless of the development is unprofessional. If you can't maintain the duty of managing the twitter account, you should hand it off to someone in the community more capable of the tasks involved. I would suggest one the advocates for boolberry, possibily one of the donators.

The primary duty of a boolberry account is to actively promote the coin and spread the news related to boolberry. If there is no news then there should be no tweets. Don't abuse your account to promote your investments in AEON. Do that on your own personal account, not the boolberry account. It screams unprofessional from the highest elevation possible and sends the wrong message to bbr investors. But I'm sure you already knew that.

That being said, CZ and 1block might have their differences but that will be set aside for the mutual goal of seeing boolberry succeed. IMO, 1block is better suited than you to manage that account because his interests are aligned soley with boolberry, not a competiing currency like AEON.

I believe in cooperation some of which brought a lot of attention to Boolberry

Boolberry, Aeon and Monero can all learn from each other. There is no reason to pick sides. Smooth (Aeon and Monero developer) has helped Boolberry in the past and that should not be ignored.

The Monero community allows BBR and AEON questions on Stack Exchange. We should be grateful for that privilege and congratulate those communities on their accomplishments.
heya77

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:52:42 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 07:11:54 PM by heya77

I believe in cooperation some of which brought a lot of attention to Boolberry

Boolberry, Aeon and Monero can all learn from each other. There is no reason to pick sides. Smooth (Aeon and Monero developer) has helped Boolberry in the past and that should not be ignored.

The Monero community allows BBR and AEON questions on Stack Exchange. We should be grateful for that privilege and congratulate those communities on their accomplishments.

LOL! Stop worrying about Boolberry and stay worried about Aeon getting back to Poloniex  Cheesy
crypjunkie

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:45:06 PM

@Boolberry user, I'm glad you posted your concerns on the thread and engaged in conversation with 1Blockologist as I had intended to reply with that recommendation to you on twitter after receiving your response to my DM. I sent you the DM via twitter just over a month ago about why you had not notified the community about the involvement and intentions 1Blockologist had made @ that time.

I unlike a lot of others on this thread don't hold much regard for CZ due to his recent posts which have done nothing other have a negative effect on the market value, something similar to your comments on the Twitter account.
I have been actively investing and watching the project closely since the involvement of 1Blockologist so I could not comment on anything that CZ has said or done before this time. 1blockologist has engaged with me many times as to how the development has been going and has never given me anything but confidence in himself and his team.

With regards to the control you have over the twitter account, I too think it is time to hand it over or delete it as your posts simply do nothing to inspire confidence in Boolberry, if anything they do the exact opposite. Like the statement of an attempted take over of BBR? It's called stewardship! Remember when 1Block announced all this CZ was non existent. Then there is the posts for other coins like AEON & Monero, I don't see any posts about BBR on there pages do you?  If you are not willing to give up control of the account could you at least take some time and have more in depth chats with 1blockologist as to what is actually going on, check it out even and see the commits by him and Javajared. Thanks
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 10:32:40 PM

Lol "scam artist", good characteristic for many adventurous people attracted by easy money in cryptocurrency.

Pages: « 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: