Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210681 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
@bb

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:14:24 AM

How can it be delisted from Bittrex with nearly 200 btc volume today? I did read that on Bittrex too.

Everything's works fine, Boolberry is great, the only thing exchange want to spit it out because it requires 6GB RAM now and growing bigger everyday, since no stable db implementation yet.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zombezi

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:09:28 AM

We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to crypto-currency technology, or a contribution to science and humanity. We believe in aggressively taking chances on coins and letting the free market sort out which coins should thrive.

Bittrex reserves the right to keep or remove any market from its exchange.

Markets which are more eligible for removal include but are not limited to:

Markets with less than 0.5 BTC (or equivalent) of average daily volume over a 7 day period and have been on Bittrex for 4 weeks or more.
Markets that consistency dip below the minimum volume requirement.
Markets with 0 daily volume.
Markets with low liquidity. Less that 15 BTC on the Buy side of the order book for Bitcoin markets.
Coins with no developer support or public developments.
Coins without working blockchains.
Coins which do not adhere to their target block times.
Coins with weak blockchain security. e.g. Low hash rates which can be exploited.
Coins which violate our policies.
Coins which have compliance issues.
If a market is removed, you will have 14 days to remove your coins from our wallets.

FAQ:

Q] Bittrex, why do you hate my coin?

A] We don't.  We added your coin because we thought it met one of our criteria.  It is very likely that your coin has been pulling low volume for awhile and we kept it on the market (some coins for 6 months or more) at a loss to ourselves because we wanted to see it grow.  Give us a reason to keep the coin and we will very likely keep it. 

Q] How do I prevent my coin from being delisted or getting the warning?

A] This is easy.

a) Never drop below the minimum volume threshold (see more about that in the answers below)

b1) If you are on the development team or foundation of a blockchain, tell us about what is happening with it.  Be proactive.  We love to know that the risks we took in adding you to the exchange were worth it.

b2) If you are a token holder or generally are a fan of a specific token, let us know.  But don't spam.

c) Never let us get surprised by a fork or any other disruption of your blockchain and please be responsive to our requests for support.  In general, support tickets from our users is the primary expense for any given blockchain.

We realize that the potential delisting of a coin elicits an emotional reaction.  And it's unfortunate that with most coin developers, we only hear from you when the delisting notice comes up.  Please don't make that the case. 

Q] Why are some coins up for delisting but others aren't?

A] We provide exceptions for new coins just launched on the exchange, assets on secure blockchains and when there are good reasons to keep it.  That last is at our discretion but in the past has included things like the developer recovering from a personal tragedy or a market losing volume because it was disabled while the development team fixed a fork. 

Q] Why the minimum of 0.5 BTC per day?

A] We've tried to pick a reasonably low minimum that just shows us user interest.  We're going to update this criteria at a future date because some developers have chosen to game the system by trading the minimum back and forth.

Q] Can I pay to keep my coin on Bittrex?

A] No.  We'd rather you spend that money on developing the community and interest of your coin.  We all win if that happens.

Q] So if I just self trade and meet the minimum, you will keep my coin listed?

A] No.  If we catch you doing this, we will just delist the coin without warning.  We want to see real trading and growth.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583874-Bittrex-Market-Removal-Policy
x.7

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:12:52 AM

Make try vote on https://c-cex.com/?id=vote
mercury

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:33:16 PM

How can it be delisted from Bittrex with nearly 200 btc volume today? I did read that on Bittrex too.

Everything's works fine, Boolberry is great, the only thing exchange want to spit it out because it requires 6GB RAM now and growing bigger everyday, since no stable db implementation yet.

Then it's not that great is it?
Not trying to FUD or anything (i own BBR myself)  but realistically speaking there's not much development happening at the moment.
oldcoinguru

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:45:49 PM

c-cex is a waste of time.  They do not list cryptonote coins.
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 04:12:25 PM

hitbtc's add coin button doesn't work for me

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
Molenta

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:46:29 PM

But it did for me. I got an answer from stuff:

Dear Molenta,
Thank you for the inquiry.
As per our policy, listing negotiations can be only proceed if email is verified. Could you please reply to this message from @boolberry.com domain address?

Brgds,
Tim Novak
--------
New token:
Project website: http://boolberry.com/
Bitcointalk link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.0
Reddit links: https://www.reddit.com/r/boolberry/

Some directions would help
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 09:07:05 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 09:23:11 PM by 1blockologist

Dear Molenta,
As per our policy, listing negotiations can be only proceed if email is verified. Could you please reply to this message from @boolberry.com domain address?

Brgds,
Tim Novak
--------
New token:

Only Zoidberg can help for that, but if you submit with the site address as http://www.blockology.org/cryptonote/ I can reply with a @blockology.org email

YEAH, I KNOW

In any case I did write up a message about the various people working on boolberry, maybe I need an account there.

Send this on behalf of me:

Hello,

I am doing some outreach for the Boolberry community. Boolberry is one of the original cryptonote coin like Monero and XDN. There are several developers working on Boolberry, which may not be apparent. Cryptozoidberg, b4h4mu7 and clintar2 are working on it. I, 1blockologist, had previously done work on reviving the project a year ago. The reason Boolberry is hard to list (like other cryptonote coins, originally) is that the blockchain has to stay in RAM, and this is resource intensive for exchanges as you need an instance with at least 8gb RAM for a good runway. Current development is towards a stable normal blockchain database, and the market is waiting for that.

You guys already list XDN and hope you can get space for Boolberry. Both Poloniex and Bittrex enjoyed good consistent volume for Boolberry, averaging over $100k per day for sustained periods, but they cannot host it right now because of the RAM requirements.

This gives you an opportunity as all of the liquidity will be keen to move over here.

All the best,
Eric

site: www.blockology.org/cryptonote/
reddit: reddit.com/r/boolberry
email: eric@blockology.org

You can even request the ticker BBR again if you want

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
Molenta

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:29:03 PM

Dear Molenta,

Brgds,
Tim Novak
--------
New token:

Only Zoidberg can help for that, but if you submit with the site address as http://www.blockology.org/cryptonote/ I can reply with a @blockology.org email

YEAH, I KNOW

In any case I did write up a message about the various people working on boolberry, maybe I need an account there.

Hello,

I am doing some outreach for the Boolberry community. Boolberry is one of the original cryptonote coin like Monero and XDN. There are several developers working on Boolberry, which may not be apparent. Cryptozoidberg, b4h4mu7 and clintar2 are working on it. I, 1blockologist, had previously done work on reviving the project a year ago. The reason Boolberry is hard to list (like other cryptonote coins, originally) is that the blockchain has to stay in RAM, and this is resource intensive for exchanges as you need an instance with at least 8gb RAM for a good runway. Current development is towards a stable normal blockchain database, and the market is waiting for that.

You guys already list XDN and hope you can get space for Boolberry. Both Poloniex and Bittrex enjoyed good consistent volume for Boolberry, averaging over $100k per day for sustained periods, but they cannot host it right now because of the RAM requirements.

This gives you an opportunity as all of the liquidity will be keen to move over here.

All the best,
Eric

site: www.blockology.org/cryptonote/
reddit: reddit.com/r/boolberry
email: eric@blockology.org

You can even request the ticker BBR again if you want

Will do that. The ticker and the rest will leave to you. Maybe better to stay XBB as Capital market and traders on Bittrex recognise it better.

** About the wallet i dont understand why 8 GB nor even 6 GB of RAM, i use BB wallet on 6y old laptop with 4GB ram, dualcore i5 on Win 10 and it works perfect. Will paste demonstration on youtube (+dont forget also a recording program takes some RAM, with no REC it works 2x faster, much better than some other coin wallets, like XMG, BURST or others, not to mention that BURST wallet was not working for a month with mayor blockchain issues and nobody mentioned delisting).
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 10:41:16 PM

** About the wallet i dont understand why 8 GB nor even 6 GB of RAM, i use BB wallet on 6y old laptop with 4GB ram, dualcore i5 on Win 10 and it works perfect. Will paste demonstration on youtube (+dont forget also a recording program takes some RAM, with no REC it works 2x faster, much better than some other coin wallets, like XMG, BURST or others, not to mention that BURST wallet was not working for a month with mayor blockchain issues and nobody mentioned delisting).

Just need to manage expectations from anyone trying to list it. The blockchain will keep growing in size and it needs to be running on a machine that has flexibility with that growth over time, while clintar2 etc fix up the database

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
clintar2

Activity: 202
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:57:42 PM

Just need to manage expectations from anyone trying to list it. The blockchain will keep growing in size and it needs to be running on a machine that has flexibility with that growth over time, while clintar2 etc fix up the database

Ok, put up my latest code.
https://github.com/clintar/boolberry/tree/lmdb_scratch

i'm to the point where the blockchain syncs (pretty quickly) but if there are alternative blocks, it falls down, which makes some coretests fail. and i can't get a testnet set up to start mining from zero, or maybe even mine a block against this code. Haven't had time since I got the latest committed. should be able to just do
Code:
make -j4 build-release
or
Code:
make -j4 build-debug
or
Code:
make -j4 build-debug-testnet
to get the thing to compile now (assuming required dev packages are installed). Please if anyone can help look at it, it would help a ton!

passing
Code:
--seed-node 88.197.53.159:10101
should get it syncing
Molenta

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:49:44 PM

Quote from: 1blockologist link=topic=577267

Mail to HitBtc sent.
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 12:15:04 AM

Quote from: 1blockologist link=topic=577267

Mail to HitBtc sent.

Thank you

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:49:04 AM

bittrex is kicking this dead coin, ive sold all mine, surprised it was alive so long when devs left it in 2016

yolo
Molenta

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:31:20 AM

bittrex is kicking this dead coin, ive sold all mine, surprised it was alive so long when devs left it in 2016

This is just ignorance and self perception over no clue for what financial currency means.
It should:  1. hold value, 2. be easyly devided, 3. easy stored, 4. transferable, 5. exchangable, 6. has limited supply

It is not about the dev all the time and pomp and press and news news coffee action.
Fiat money hasnt changed for +20 years and i personaly like it simple not changing all the time.

ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:37:02 PM

Kinda sad to see this coin biting the dust. Although it was expected. No active dev, no future.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:05:59 PM

Dear all
I see on Bittrex:
  This market is being delisted on September 1st, 2017.
So i am very sad
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:28:56 PM

Yeah, you all right, I'm so sad to see Boolberry is going to be delisted from bittrex as well.
So after 1. of September, you will not be able to exchange XBB anywhere.
Poloniex - gone,
Bter - gone,
Coinswap - dead.

And now Bittrex Sad

This is my signature...
jann1980

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:07:31 PM

There is a coin, but it cannot be exchanged. It will either disappear or will enter the next exchange, or the developers will create their (new) exchange.
oldcoinguru

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:05:25 PM

This is just ignorance and self perception over no clue for what financial currency means.
It should:  1. hold value, 2. be easyly devided, 3. easy stored, 4. transferable, 5. exchangable, 6. has limited supply

It is not about the dev all the time and pomp and press and news news coffee action.
Fiat money hasnt changed for +20 years and i personaly like it simple not changing all the time.

You have just pointed out some significant problems with Boolberry.

1. Hold Value.  It has not held it's value.  It was worth significantly more after the initial launch.  It then flat lined until the pump that started around six months ago.  It is now on a downward trend and considering the fact that it will not have any exchange to be traded on after Bittrex delists it it will have no value.

4. Transferable  Boolberry is not easily transferable for many people.  It has a 4 gig .bin file that needs to load and uses over 6 gigs of ram when running.  On a typical desktop or laptop that brings the system to a crawl making it a hassle just to open the wallet.

5. Exchangeable    Once Boolberry is delisted from Bittrex it will only be exchangeable through p2p transfers that open up significant risks unless using a verified escrow which is a hassle.

I am disappointed to see where Boolberry has ended up and I'll likely setup a node to at least help keep the chain alive in the case that the lmdb implementation is eventually successful because that would definitely be a game changer.

I'll continue to hold the BBR I have and if in the end I end up with completely worthless coins then I'm willing to take that chance.   
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: