Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 08:14:39 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 532789 times)
MemoryShock

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

What´s the difference between Maidsafe and safecoin?

And where is the community? There is a Slack group or not?

Maidsafecoin is a token created through the Mastercoin protocol and is meant as a placeholder for Safecoin...meaning that Maidsafecoin = pre-Safe Network launch while Safecoin = post- Safe Network launch.  Maidsafe will be exchanged with Safecoin on a 1:1 basis at the launch.

The community can be found on maidsafe.org...there is no need for Maidsafe to maintain a Slack channel.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:05:17 AM

What´s the difference between Maidsafe and safecoin?

And where is the community? There is a Slack group or not?

Maidsafecoin is a token created through the Mastercoin protocol and is meant as a placeholder for Safecoin...meaning that Maidsafecoin = pre-Safe Network launch while Safecoin = post- Safe Network launch.  Maidsafe will be exchanged with Safecoin on a 1:1 basis at the launch.

The community can be found on maidsafe.org...there is no need for Maidsafe to maintain a Slack channel.

Ah okay thanks
When Safecoin is plan to launch?
I have buy some Maidsafe at Poloniex, there is a wallet ?
MemoryShock

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:12:07 AM

Ah okay thanks

A few posts above this, someone placed a link to the roadmap.  Currently, development is in Testnet 2 with Testnet 3 and Beta launch to go.  There is no time frame but a reasonable guesstimate is somewhere in Q1 2015.  There isn't another project that is reasonably on course to supplant Maidsafe, in my opinion, so the time frame is kind of less of a concern to me then the dev team rocking together some stout technology for real world use...

Maidsafe can be purchased at Poloniex but there is no wallet other than the Omniwallet.  You can send your Maid to that wallet and then transfer them to a BTC QT for safe keeping until the Safecoin transfer occurs.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:25:18 AM

Ah okay thanks

A few posts above this, someone placed a link to the roadmap.  Currently, development is in Testnet 2 with Testnet 3 and Beta launch to go.  There is no time frame but a reasonable guesstimate is somewhere in Q1 2015.  There isn't another project that is reasonably on course to supplant Maidsafe, in my opinion, so the time frame is kind of less of a concern to me then the dev team rocking together some stout technology for real world use...

Maidsafe can be purchased at Poloniex but there is no wallet other than the Omniwallet.  You can send your Maid to that wallet and then transfer them to a BTC QT for safe keeping until the Safecoin transfer occurs.

Thank u
I'm lazy, i think Polo is ok for 2-3 months before the Safecoin wallet
I going to read the Maidsafe forum now
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1302

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:39:01 AM

Ah okay thanks

Thank u

actually you can send the coin to any btc address that you have the privkey for

WINGS - get paid to forecast ICO valuations http://experimental.wings.ai - over $5 million in new token and Ether pay outs already
MemoryShock

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:59:19 AM

Ah okay thanks

Thank u

Oy...if you plan on that route then make sure that you have 2FA enabled.  I think trusting exchanges is not generally a good idea but it is necessary for liquidity.  Just make sure that you have all of the security features enabled...-thumbsup-

Happy reading!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MemoryShock

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:03:56 AM

As far as I know, that isn't possible to do from Polo.

Quoted from my Ticket submission when Maidsafe was listed on Polo...

Hi Memoryshock,

Unfortunately you wont be able to move your MAID from Poloniex without OmniWallet.

I see you have 2FA security enabled, you can rest assured that your account completely safe.

Best regards,

Johnny Garcia

I was told that Omni was necessary if one was transferring from Polo to a BTC Wallet (I use BTC QT and requested specifically with those regards).

If that isn't true then I would be interested...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:27:56 AM

Yes me too  Roll Eyes
Anyway there are 452,552,412 MAID on the marketcap
Is it a POW or POS?
ruletheworld

Activity: 904

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 05:36:01 AM

Ah okay thanks

I may be wrong about these projects, but isn't Storj a competitor, and ahead in the testing schedule? Is there a good guide on how Storj is different from MaidSafe (or similar)?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

.......Whitepaper.......
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
MemoryShock

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:55:20 AM

Yes me too  Roll Eyes
Anyway there are 452,552,412 MAID on the marketcap
Is it a POW or POS?

Neither.  POR - Proof of Resource/Farming.  Meaning new coins will be created based on the amount of HD space provided for the network related to various other factors...but it is dependent on storage space provided.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah okay thanks

A few posts above this, someone placed a link to the roadmap.  Currently, development is in Testnet 2 with Testnet 3 and Beta launch to go.  There is no time frame but a reasonable guesstimate is somewhere in Q1 2015.  There isn't another project that is reasonably on course to supplant Maidsafe, in my opinion, so the time frame is kind of less of a concern to me then the dev team rocking together some stout technology for real world use...

Maidsafe can be purchased at Poloniex but there is no wallet other than the Omniwallet.  You can send your Maid to that wallet and then transfer them to a BTC QT for safe keeping until the Safecoin transfer occurs.
I may be wrong about these projects, but isn't Storj a competitor, and ahead in the testing schedule? Is there a good guide on how Storj is different from MaidSafe (or similar)?

Storj is ahead in the time schedule but, if I am not mistaken, their initial release is not as ambitious as Maidsafe's.  Storj is primarily a decentralized Drop Box/Cloud Storage whereas Maidsafe is attempting a decentralized internet.

There have been talks to integrate functions of Storj to Maid...but I admit that it has been awhile since those discussions were had and I might not be up to date...

Edit - I am not downplaying Storj's development.  They are doing some cool stuff...

Edit 2 - There isn't a good guide for it, I just read their respective forums.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:30:23 AM

Ah ok Maidsafe is more similar to Etherum right?
brandoff

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:03:32 PM

Storj dev here. I talked about this elsewhere on BitcoinTalk, so will pull some excerpts here:

We're all about cooperation rather than competition. Unfortunately, this seems to be a thing in the decentralization space. Suffice to say, if both our projects are wildly successful then everyone in the decentralization ecosystem will benefit. As I like to say, in nature, polyculture systems work a lot better than monoculture systems. In our case, different teams with different backgrounds can try different paths of innovation.

One of the biggest differences between MaidSafe and Storj is that Storj takes advantage of blockchain technology and MaidSafe does not (as pointed out in one of their blog posts). David Irvine started working on MaidSafe back in 2006, before Satoshi even wrote the Bitcoin whitepaper. Because of that (even though they've integrated SafeCoins), they've gone along a different and unique evolutionary path.

Another difference, as some folks have pointed out, is that MaidSafe has been evolving their concept and organization for a while. Because of this, they've had time to build a pretty awesome team and work on some cool things like RUDP. I've had some exchanges with David and some MaidSafe folks on their forum and I think all of us share the vision and hope for what our platforms can accomplish. David and the MaidSafe team want to build a completely new kind of internet and have developed technologies to that end. Again, if they succeed we'll all be better for it.

Storj is a much younger project, really starting about 9 months ago, but we've made tremendous progress since that time. We're evolving on a different path than MaidSafe and are focusing on decentralized cloud storage at the present moment.

One of our strong desires is to make it unbelievably easy for non-crypto folks to use DriveShare and MetaDisk so UX is one of our core concerns.

You can check our whitepaper http://storj.io/storj.pdf for some more info and check our repos at http://github.com/storj.

There is certainly the possibility for integration of some of our front-end applications with MaidSafe (in addition to our own network) in the future. I think that in a world of open-source projects and decentralization, the more innovation the better.

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1091

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 06:18:15 PM

Brandoff you forgot to mention that we pushed our first piece of software to crowdsale participants last weekend. See our live farmers here:
http://live.driveshare.org

Love the Maidsafe guys, and even have myself some safecoin. Excited to see what they come up with.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
The Chainmaker

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:36:02 PM

If Maidsafe works correctly, will Chinese people be able to easily get access to free internet that isn't censored by the great firewall?

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
The Chainmaker

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:41:07 PM

As far as I know, that isn't possible to do from Polo.

Quoted from my Ticket submission when Maidsafe was listed on Polo...

Hi Memoryshock,

Unfortunately you wont be able to move your MAID from Poloniex without OmniWallet.

I see you have 2FA security enabled, you can rest assured that your account completely safe.

Best regards,

Johnny Garcia

I was told that Omni was necessary if one was transferring from Polo to a BTC Wallet (I use BTC QT and requested specifically with those regards).

If that isn't true then I would be interested...

You can just port your private key into Omni wallet and then move them to Poloniex.  I did it and took about 5 minutes. 

If you want to move them from Poloniex to your QT, I am not sure if you need anything like that.  I was just thinking you just say the address you want them to go to and that is it.  (I used an empty address just for the purpose of Maidsafe)

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1302

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:30:58 AM

If Maidsafe works correctly, will Chinese people be able to easily get access to free internet that isn't censored by the great firewall?

probably although i think they have a special protocol and i dont know how easy it is to detect and therefor filter out

WINGS - get paid to forecast ICO valuations http://experimental.wings.ai - over $5 million in new token and Ether pay outs already
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1039

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 07:17:48 AM

https://www.maidsafe.org/t/bloomberg-businessweek-mentions-maidsafecoin/2520

Mentioned @ Bloomberg Newsweek Article

Recommend anyone with some spare change to get some coins before the price...

or not.

MemoryShock

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:43:52 AM

https://www.maidsafe.org/t/bloomberg-businessweek-mentions-maidsafecoin/2520

Mentioned @ Bloomberg Newsweek Article

Recommend anyone with some spare change to get some coins before the price...

or not.

Apparently it was republished in China...https://www.maidsafe.org/t/sina-com-cn-4th-largest-website-in-china-mentions-maidsafecoin/2521

The "Maidsafe quadrupled quote" is consistent with the English version that I can read...

It's still not a flattering article...but there might be no such thing as bad press...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1039

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 07:45:21 AM

"Also checkout www.safenetwork.io, its going to become the future Coindesk for Bitcoin."

Culex

I quote myself for future reference. Smiley

http://coinmarketcap.com/all/

Its in 5th place of all cryptos, wheres the love people? MAID only contender in mass greens.

pigheadbig

Activity: 630

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:46:38 AM

"Also checkout www.safenetwork.io, its going to become the future Coindesk for Bitcoin."

Culex

I quote myself for future reference. Smiley

http://coinmarketcap.com/all/

Its in 5th place of all cryptos, wheres the love people? MAID only contender in mass greens.

what's the going on about maid?
it seem better than msc.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.