Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:10:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583025 times)
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:53:06 PM

[snip]
8. I don't have an issue with a company giving me some of its shares for free. However, Karma LLC should not piggy back on Karma's announcement that it might be going to PoS. The entities should be kept as separate as possible to prevent the value of Karma being pegged against a start-up company.

Sorry, I don't understand. Would you care to explain?

[snip]
I mean no offense but most start-up companies fail.

Chargin.

We would expect most of the Karmashares projects to not be successes (as I've stated a couple of times). It would be unnatural if most of them were.

However, it's more appropriate to view Karmashares as an incubator of many independent projects rather than a startup company.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luqas0891

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:17:29 PM

if this is true
http://zeusminer.com/
only 4 machine can attack 51% KARM
we really need very fast more NET HASH or change scrypt to other x11 maybe

ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:15:31 PM

ASICs will tear this coin apart if given enough time

Why?  bitcoin has handled ASICs just fine.  The only thing is the difficulty went up which hurts the cheaper rigs.

we dont need more people with billions of coins

Why not?  You mean, now that you have your coins we don't need anyone else getting some? Let's increase scarcity to line our pockets??

A vote was cast, the results are in. We go POS in July Smiley

Nothing has been decided yet. 

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
ShawnLeary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:44:15 PM

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4306-karmacoin-karm-information/

I had no idea we had another thread in the "other" forum.  Some one has been updating too, thanks Jimmy!

Has some config node listing too.

Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:44:52 PM

wallet still says " No Block source available" here

I deleted the appt folder i downloaded the Wallet again, startet as admin, set it to compatibility mode for Win 7 added the nodes.

Still nothing here. I am on win 8 pro 64bit

Can someone help me ?

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:47:13 PM

Actually Shawn, the asics really fucked up Bitcoin. This is so centralized now, that nobody I know likes it. And it got nothing to do with "cheap farms". I was running a farm - not cheap, also have 4 friends that sold 3+THs of power when the last generation machines wasn`t even on the horizon. I have at least 10 friends that are running 30-40 + GPUs. Do the math and you will see that for the same investment they could buy asics. But they don`t, because companies like KNC and Butterfly Labs was building their own huge farms while lying to the world that they don`t mine, just selling shovels. So, the more centralized is getting this thing of ours, the more it is getting ruined. And the specialized hardware like asisc is the main reason for it. And don`t refer to the price of bitcoin, because if you choose any of the online calculators, you will see that no investment in asic can be returned. So the price of bitcoin got nothing to do with regular miner. If you are mining with farm, you should know it.

P.S. Do you really think that this is normal:
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/01/21/bitcoin-infrastructure-mining-data-center/
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/02/06/bitcoin-miners-building-10-megawatt-data-center-sweden/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CjldZLXiAU

What does it got to do with Satoshi`s dream for World, that is fkn free from the currency centralization chains?
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:12:46 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 07:23:24 AM by easteagle13

I deleted the appt folder i downloaded the Wallet again, startet as admin, set it to compatibility mode for Win 7 added the nodes.

Can someone help me ?

Please try these:

1. Open your karma wallet
2. Press ALT+H
3. Click Debug window
4. Click Console
5. type this on the textbox of console window addnode altcoin.dk:9432 add

if the above does not work please visit this link

1. http://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaTeam/comments/24z7nd/welcome_to_our_new_karma_subreddit/
2. Scroll down to alexpsy comment and follow the steps outlined there that solved his similar prob.

Please tell us what happens.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
ShawnLeary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:45:09 PM

Actually Shawn, the asics really fucked up Bitcoin. This is so centralized now, that nobody I know likes it. And it got nothing to do with "cheap farms". I was running a farm - not cheap, also have 4 friends that sold 3+THs of power when the last generation machines wasn`t even on the horizon. I have at least 10 friends that are running 30-40 + GPUs. Do the math and you will see that for the same investment they could buy asics. But they don`t, because companies like KNC and Butterfly Labs was building their own huge farms while lying to the world that they don`t mine, just selling shovels. So, the more centralized is getting this thing of ours, the more it is getting ruined. And the specialized hardware like asisc is the main reason for it. And don`t refer to the price of bitcoin, because if you choose any of the online calculators, you will see that no investment in asic can be returned. So the price of bitcoin got nothing to do with regular miner. If you are mining with farm, you should know it.

P.S. Do you really think that this is normal:
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/01/21/bitcoin-infrastructure-mining-data-center/
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/02/06/bitcoin-miners-building-10-megawatt-data-center-sweden/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CjldZLXiAU

What does it got to do with Satoshi`s dream for World, that is fkn free from the currency centralization chains?

If you mean the little guy can't mine BTC anymore as what "fucked up bitcoin," then I agree.  Otherwise I entirely disagree that it's centrally controlled because of it.  So yes, I do think it is normal what is happening.  There is immense value in Bitcoin, I personally believe each coin will be worth $2-3M in 15 years.  

We can debate fiat controls with the federal reserve banks vs big money betting on bitcoin for another time.  The fact they are betting on bitcoin legitimizes it even more, and we all benefit from this as being ahead of the curve and an early adopter.  

They are taking immense risk to invest in a data center that has the best cooling and best ASICs money can buy.  Call me crazy, but isn't this what we are trying to do with crypto currency, take the workload and control away from the governments.  If you can convince some venture capital to support your move to Iceland and somehow get a cozy deal with the ASIC manufactures, then go for it.  It's a free market, something I totally support.  Having a few people involved on a website to vote to move this entire platform to an unproven PoS seems WAY more centrally controlled to me.

And as far as any calculator and "no investment in ASIC can be returned" please read this article from just last August from a regular LiteCoin miner that went BIG.  http://reckoner.com.au/2013/08/im-done-mining-litecoin/

After reading this, tell me you don't want to keep mining a PoW coin like Karma?  There are only going to be 94M LiteCoin, there will be room for others like us.  The guy in the article sold all his mining equipment for a loss and was bummed that LTC price was only $2.45.  He was calling it a failed mission and was happy to break even.   Of course just a few months later, LTC hit $45 US.  

I am sold on going PoS if the price was constantly below 10Litoshi, but I don't see that happening with what we have planned Smiley

Again, I enjoy the debate but the only thing I keep hearing is, how can we boost the price artificially like Apple does with stock buy backs.  I have purchased over 1% of all Karma mined to date, it would benefit me short term to go PoS, but I think long term it attracts the wrong kind of support.  

Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:31:36 PM

Can someone help me ?

Please try these:

2. Press ALT+H
3. Click Debug window
4. Click Console
5. type this on the textbox of console window altcoin.dk:9432

1. http://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaTeam/comments/24z7nd/welcome_to_our_new_karma_subreddit/
2. Scroll down to alexpsy comment and follow the steps outlined there that solved his similar prob.

First one gave me
00:27:36

Method not found (code -32601)

Second method worked for me:

Hi Alexpsy I will try to help you out please follow the steps below:
shutdown your wallet first
go here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ebjrqthy206rlaq/U70ksPbIep
download file named "peers.dat"
click "start" button
choose "run" (or press windows button+"r") When the "run" subwindow is shown;
type in %AppData%
A sub window explorer should pop * look for folder named "karma" * open that folder and copy the "peers.dat"
now re-open your wallet.

You should make this sticky.

TY

CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:03:20 PM

Can someone help me ?

Please try these:

2. Press ALT+H
3. Click Debug window
4. Click Console

First one gave me

click "start" button
type in %AppData%
A sub window explorer should pop * look for folder named "karma" * open that folder and copy the "peers.dat"
now re-open your wallet.

TY

I Just installed the latest wallet on a fresh Windows 8.1 Update 1 Install. It works perfectly without changing anything if you make sure you unzipped it to the location you wish to keep it before launching it, and then allow it through the firewall, tick both boxes on the popup. Leave it for a few minutes and you will see it start to sync.

CatKiwi

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:36:13 PM

PND hit 195 Litoshi - This is crazy. I suppose the good news is we will probably be the next one to go up given there will be many people who bought PND at 35 Litoshi selling for a 600% return - we are the best place for them to invest that LTC.
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:41:13 PM

Call me naive, but when I heard an announcement was coming I expected a commitment. "We will go to PoS, but only if coin value is below X". Er what? You either go PoS or not. This is more confusing than before! You can't seriously propose doing the work of building a new PoS wallet - just to discard it all if the value of the coin misses a certain window? This doesn't make sense...

Listen, I don't care about gaining a few litoshi should the coin stagnate further, this is a decision about the fundamental future of the technology behind Karma. I know you're mostly focusing on building value and services around the coin - which I think is AWESOME - but that doesn't mean the coin itself is unimportant.

As I have explained several times, I am not in favour of a switch to PoS, I am in favour of securing the Karma network. PoS is only one option and my least favourite. I'd prefer an algo switch (GPU miners love the cooler temps that X11 or Groestl offer), or merged mining with a bigger scrypt coin.

I believe one of these steps is neccessary though, because I am certain upcoming scrypt ASICs will be a serious threat to many smaller coins. I have explained before why. I will just remind you all how badly KARM was abused by multipools in the early weeks. Every trick in the book and flaw in the code was used to make those with high hashing-power more profit. Soon a SINGLE piece of hardware can deliver more hashing power than the entire Karma network currently has.

This cannot be compared to the bitcoin ASIC-times. Back then every ASIC was added to the same - already large - network. Now there are hundreds of scrypt coins - go and check http://mapofcoins.com/ you will be blown away. A small numbers of powerfull ASICs will ship in the next months and will be split up over those hundreds of networks. The possibilities for manipulation and attacks are there and if altcoin history has proven one thing, it is that such possibilities will be exploited. I might be wrong, I sure hope I am.

Believe me, I'd much rather talk about upcoming initiatives or new ideas. But I think this topic needs to be resolved one way or the other. If you say "we disagree and don't think ASICs will be a problem" I will accept that. If you say no to PoS, I accept that. But please make up your mind(s). Thanks for reading. Smiley

learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:02:35 AM

PND hit 195 Litoshi - This is crazy. I suppose the good news is we will probably be the next one to go up given there will be many people who bought PND at 35 Litoshi selling for a 600% return - we are the best place for them to invest that LTC.

Yeah it is crazy. Didn't see that one coming...
I am happy for those who supported PND while it was at the very bottom though. They deserve their days in the sportlight and profits. Don't think it'll have any effect on us though.

CatKiwi

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:10:03 AM

Yeah it is crazy. Didn't see that one coming...
I am happy for those who supported PND while it was at the very bottom though. They deserve their days in the sportlight and profits. Don't think it'll have any effect on us though.

Not directly but in reality when traders "get the bug" from a big 400% ROI they are eager to invest in something new and do it all again. Sort of how people win big on a horse at the races then start betting on everything and anything - its addictive.

KARM is the only coin the LTC marketplace on Mintpal apart from PND now that is ripe for investment. Its as low as it is gonna go right now and the sell walls are weak. I watched people knock down 400 LTC worth of PND sell walls in a few minutes - that can and will happen with KARM, it just takes one person to get that ball rolling, then people will see it going up, throw a few dozen LTC in, more people see it going up, throw a hundred LTC in, then everyone sees it going up and before you know it we are up over 2000 LTC 24 hour trade volume again.

It's what we need. We have had nothing but downwards pressure for over a week now, each day we hit a new low - Not going to stay that way for much longer.
ShawnLeary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:48:45 AM

Every trick in the book and flaw in the code was used to make those with high hashing-power more profit. Soon a SINGLE piece of hardware can deliver more hashing power than the entire Karma network currently has.

This cannot be compared to the bitcoin ASIC-times.

I was totally with you until this part.   People mined Karma because it was, and still is, a kick ass coin with 1 minute block time that started with massive early bonuses.  It was a miners dream mixed with a really great name and mission! Smiley

Let's say I was one of the early recipients of the new mega powered scrypt ASICs, and I point my new weapon at the Karmablockchain.  I immediately start doing 25-50-75% of all of the hashing.  I am providing a service to the network and helping the KARMs flow throughout the web.  I collect 25-50-75% of all the blocks.  I immediately dump them?  Sit on them?  Sell part of them?  Not sure what the big deal is or the threat that is coming.  If you can cite an example of the threat I would like to read more and share with the team. 

Would someone invest $12k in the latest ASIC card to mine something and then fork the coin to oblivion?  Doesn't make sense to me. Normally someone investing that kind of money is fairly disciplined, intelligent, and is going to put his money to work in the most efficient, responsible manner.

Loving the discussion, and I can speak for the team when I say, we always want transparency in all that we do.  So please dont get down on any of this as indecision or confusion.   We are all on the same mission here and have the same goals for this crypto and the community. 

We have set a reasonable timeline to ensure that all options are considered and promise to be as transparent as possible.  Smiley

ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:03:41 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 05:18:45 PM by ptman

My new Karms United pool is here.
188.226.237.142/KARM

Everything is working fine now!
Please try to register and mine if you have spare hashing power.
You will tank me when the price of karma goes up like crazy!

I still need to find a nice DNS name.

Can I copy some of the most relevant posts from Bitcointalk and the Karmateam/Karmashares reddit page to the News section of the pool website?
Like the posts of "kosmost" talking about the IPOCOs and the POS announcement?

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:50:55 AM

My new Karms United pool is here.

Everything is working fine now!
Please try to register and mine if you have spare hashing power.
You will tank me when the price of karma goes up like crazy!

I still need to find a nice DNS name.

Can I copy some of the most relevant posts from Bitcointalk and the Karmateam/Karmashares reddit page to the News section of the pool website?
Like the posts of "kosmost" talking about the IPOCOs and the POS announcement?

Sure. You can find some of that here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmashares/comments/249gwx/master_index_of_news_information_important_links/

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
easteagle13

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:01:45 AM

Can someone help me ?

Please try these:

2. Press ALT+H
3. Click Debug window
4. Click Console

First one gave me

click "start" button
type in %AppData%
now re-open your wallet.

TY

glad to be of help...

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
cryptowho

Activity: 182

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:11:58 AM

Please try these:

2. Press ALT+H
3. Click Debug window
4. Click Console

step 5 needs to be enter as such in order to work:

5. type this on the textbox of console window addnode altcoin.dk:9432 add

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
kenboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:15:13 AM

I hope the price would become karm/btc at mintapl,as the pnd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: