Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583025 times)
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:10:11 PM

NO. Thanks. My conversation with you is over. Good luck with your future attempts to telling whoever you want what he needs...
It is clear to me that you are devious person with bad intentions to our beautiful coin and trademark. I guess it is also clear to other members, but they are too polite to tell you this openly. Guess what. I have needed only 5-6 posts to find out what you are trying to do. And I didn`t need STRUCTURE and GUIDANCE. Keep them to yourself. Again, good luck with your future projects outside KARMA.

Fine by me -- but you're welcome to engage me anytime!

Based on the number of private conversations with other thoughtful members of the community who are appreciative of my transparency I'll just take your latest missive with a grain of salt.

Please -- enlighten all of us, me especially what my "bad intentions" are?

Because I've been very clear and consistent from the start.

Karma needs:

1. A purpose other than amusing miners and traders
2. A larger economy that includes people in the real world
3. A transparent home, ideally a non-profit subject to the rigors of disclosure with named individuals
4. Stability and continuity of core systems and a team dedicated to executing
5. Resources -- we have offered to do API development and fund bounties

Which part of that is DEVIOUS?

Because what it looks like to me is that you enjoy being addicted to the false promises of frauds and shills who pretend to be a fellow-sufferer in order to exploit your bias for earning an ROI on your time and investment.

What you should be terrified of if anything is someone like Andre and Perica getting sick and tired of your "all tent and no circus" arm-waving and dump their what?  5B Karma on the market?   What do you think would happen if suddenly your "institutional investors" like them decided to get out quick?  How long do you think your "beautiful coin" would survive the minute it gets kicked off the exchanges?

You think long and hard about that...and then decide who is the bigger threat to Karma...

-dvd

Nothing is stopping you to do 1,2,3,4,5. You have no reason to call somebody fraud or anything else like this about any of the current members of the dev team. It is not mine or anybody else problem that someone is stupid enough to not recognize what kosmost did for this coin. What bitwho and East, AGC, KarmaKaguy and Alphi did and are still trying to do now. No one is capable to reach kosmost. No one. You and all others MUST be clear about one thing: all of us can be match to kosmost only in our dreams. His vision and productivity you can`t achieve in 10 lives. Why should somebody trust you and handover the Karma core and Trademark to you if you are no match to the dedication, vision and devotion that kosmost, bitwho and East have to Karma? It is a simple question. Answer it. The only thing I hardly regret is that kosmost didn`t heard his mind, but have listened to his heart when he was taking his decision to step back, because of 6-7 stupid people here that have made of themselves judges to a extraordinary person like him. They threw their bags of $h17 and disappeared. And now what? Nothing. Also, it is now that I understand that other dev team members have judged him too quick. And this is where it all started to go down. And I am sure they know it.
As for the Andre and Perica. I am not aware what they have stated in private conversations. But ask me if I care. Terrified? Ohhh mummy, something is wrong on the Internet. Anonymous guy on some forum is telling me that he will throw his tokens somewhere. Should we start looking for a new planet to live?
Why should anybody care if someone dump 5 bill on the market? How do you know that someone else is not holding 15-20 bill? Mhm? Anyone, who is closely related to Karma and is following it from the beginning can`t say that. There will be good volume I suppose. And possibilities for many of us to get to cheap coins, especially when Litecoin is so cheap ATM and November is coming. There are rules on the exchanges how a coin can be removed. It is not for you or any other Karma holder to decide that. Karma will survive without any of us. So stop pretending to be the only possible choice and spreading FUD while you are saying that we should stop waiting for some messiah. Karma is healthy and trading. If you want to contribute and take part of it, then go ahead. Buy coins and try to increase price and value if you can. I have participated in Karmashares at 10x. I had also enough coins. I have sold the Karmashare wallet before the disbanding of Karmashares with a perfect ROI - 50x and also sold the other coins before the big dump. Then I have returned and start buying and selling and I will continue to do it until stability is reached again. So, if you think you will scare somebody here with these dumping parables, then please, go ahead. We love the chaos on the markets. It was the first and the main reason why we are all here. Don`t forget it. But I am sure you know that. You 20 years of experience in BUSINESS is helping you to understand it...

And don`t reply to me anymore. You are in my ignore list now. You are only the third person there. Good for you.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:57:53 PM

Looks like we've hit an impasse. Here's the way I see it:

- We've got a barebones crew of the old Karma team holding the fort. But they seem to be out of ideas and resources to really start bringing this coin back on track. At least they've not communicated anything that inspires confidence recently. The only member who really showed initiative and got some things done is East, everbody else has basically just been talking (and sometimes showing dangerous symptoms of kosmost-worship). A month after the big implosion and you're still arguing who's supposed to take over/host the existing Karma services. Really? I begin to see why kosmost felt nothing got done without him. The current team seems to lack the resources, know-how and/or willingness to take over even just the existing infrastructure. I'm really sorry to say this, but you're not exactly inspiring faith here guys.

- Two parties have offered help, an outside third party (dvd) and previously known big investors who have decided to finally show face (perica & andré). Both have so far been open, shared not only their plans but also their identities - which is rare for cryptos - and offered development and hosting support. Yet they're being met with IMO way overblown levels of mistrust and scepticism. I guess that's natural, they're certainly not doing this for altruistic reasons and we won't agree on all points (e.g. I am strongly against a reverse split). But they're offering a lot of things that would be of real value to Karma and the combination of the their non-profit and for-profit orientations could turn out to be complementary to each other.
You want the community's trust? I'd say you guys join forces and make it happen. You're putting a whole lot more value on the table than there is right now and you don't really need permission to go ahead and integrate Karma into existing services, or create new ones. Nobody is asking Satoshi "can I open up a new bitcoin wallet/bank, is that OK with you?". The network is runnign smoothly, no need to change and fork the coin right now or anything like it. Just do it.

- The community has basically just shut up at this point and waits how this situation is going to be resolved. I do not expect we are going to return to previous levels of activity until the coin has a clear new direction and the old wounds have healed.

I have no solutions, I can only share my opinion. Karma is a great coin and used to have a great community. It deserves better than the bickering and fighting that's plagued this thread the past weeks. I am NOT saying the current devs need to go or hand over the coin or anything, but everyone should seriously put their own ego aside and take a long hard look at what is actually the best way forward for Karma right now. I still think you guys can find a way to peacefully work together.

Maurizio

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:05:44 AM

Looks like we've hit an impasse. Here's the way I see it:

- We've got a barebones crew of the old Karma team holding the fort. But they seem to be out of ideas and resources to really start bringing this coin back on track. At least they've not communicated anything that inspires confidence recently. The only member who really showed initiative and got some things done is East, everbody else has basically just been talking (and sometimes showing dangerous symptoms of kosmost-worship). A month after the big implosion and you're still arguing who's supposed to take over/host the existing Karma services. Really? I begin to see why kosmost felt nothing got done without him. The current team seems to lack the resources, know-how and/or willingness to take over even just the existing infrastructure. I'm really sorry to say this, but you're not exactly inspiring faith here guys.

- Two parties have offered help, an outside third party (dvd) and previously known big investors who have decided to finally show face (perica & andré). Both have so far been open, shared not only their plans but also their identities - which is rare for cryptos - and offered development and hosting support. Yet they're being met with IMO way overblown levels of mistrust and scepticism. I guess that's natural, they're certainly not doing this for altruistic reasons and we won't agree on all points (e.g. I am strongly against a reverse split). But they're offering a lot of things that would be of real value to Karma and the combination of the their non-profit and for-profit orientations could turn out to be complementary to each other.
You want the community's trust? I'd say you guys join forces and make it happen. You're putting a whole lot more value on the table than there is right now and you don't really need permission to go ahead and integrate Karma into existing services, or create new ones. Nobody is asking Satoshi "can I open up a new bitcoin wallet/bank, is that OK with you?". The network is runnign smoothly, no need to change and fork the coin right now or anything like it. Just do it.

- The community has basically just shut up at this point and waits how this situation is going to be resolved. I do not expect we are going to return to previous levels of activity until the coin has a clear new direction and the old wounds have healed.

I have no solutions, I can only share my opinion. Karma is a great coin and used to have a great community. It deserves better than the bickering and fighting that's plagued this thread the past weeks. I am NOT saying the current devs need to go or hand over the coin or anything, but everyone should seriously put their own ego aside and take a long hard look at what is actually the best way forward for Karma right now. I still think you guys can find a way to peacefully work together.

+1
word

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:36:38 AM

That's the biggest missconceptions that we need to shake off as a whole community. People siting stil and expecting a group of people to do "their " job. The teams main job is to make sure the coin stays safe. It is everyone job , from the team to the trolls here to help the coin out.

Kosmost famous quote is " what have you done for karma?" It's a very hard hitting question and always valid. What is everyone doing for it. Even the simplest task such as a tweet , a post or a share can help. No one bothers how ever. The only people bother to talk is about is thing like what are currie plans so they can run and try to invest in the rummor. A single tweet a day will not help the price grow all of the sudden but it will let social networks know that there is still people out there that care for karma

It is extremely hard to get people to do anything for karma. It nerve wrecking. It even more sad to see how everyone attack the few people who have done something for this coin for months while the rest just shared their opinions. You can share your opinions all you want but until you help create services that will help us grow in sizes then we are going to have difficult time move foward.

It has come to me talking to people and try to put together a stystem that will pay people to help us out. It's impossible for few people to do all the work while no one else chips in their time to karma.

I am not sure what the two parties intentions still are but nothing is preventing them to just "help" out. But I will tell you one thing is just like kosmost effort theirs too will ware off when no one will want to help them out. We had a team of 10-15 people at a time and it was hard to do most of the work for karma.

Perica ,Andrea and David can throw as much money as they want. But after the initial hype of new "money" and services created they will eventually get tired of doing everything while the community does nothing to help out. We saw it best with kosmost as he was throwing his one money to sring up services and try to create services that karma users could use and they didn't.

The best way this coin will move forward is by coming up with stuff that will promote user growth. Easiest way is promotion/giveaways. I already spoke to scrypt miners and was in the talks with him to creat a project that would be easy to get new people into karma.

As i mentioned before. I'm am formulating and will propose a system where we would pay people 1-2 mills karma a week to help us tweet, post , share , upkeep sites and help attract more users. We were hoping that community members would have steped in and help us do this because they love this coin so much but that didn't happen. all our social median are deserted. All thanks to mentality that people believe only the karma "team" should do all this.

I mean it would make sense if there was karma fees for each transaction that went into our pocket and therefore we should do all the work. But this coin lunched without premine. With out publick donation and any other source of forced income to the team. I keep reappearing this but the team is made of the same people as all of you. Their effort is not being rewarded by anyone. And lately it's being bashed by the few people here.

I think it is time people shook of the idea that few people will do all the work and start getting involved. I realize that a lot of people here want karma to succeed but don't want to put up the time to help. Therefore I came up with proposition that we should have two publicl addresses with a certain ammount of quota to be met each week. So if you want to sit and do nothin then it time you get involved by supporting those who do want to help. One address for dev/source/services to each week and one public address to collect coins to so we can hire people to help keep the services/social media/sites active. It has come down to us having to pay people to join us and help us out.

It will be upon everyone should here to meet this quotas each week. No more sitting on your computer chair and expect a small group of people to do all the work. You can't/don't want to put up the time to do social work then you must pay the fees so others can do it. No more riding the free train. If this coin will survive then everyone should help rather by financing or public help.

We need to shake off that typical mentality that someone else will do the work and get used to putting up for the coin. This will bring some stressful time at first but after missing the quotas few times then hopefully users of karma will realize that they need to do one of the option of they want the coin to stay in harmony.

We have too much drama and no one is moving forward. I actually got close to get few devs on board because they like karma and what it stands for but don't want to get involved while we got all this drama going on.

As far as working together with perica , Andrea and David , I was. I started getting in touch with them and it seemed like we were getting somewhere up until pericas unexpected post. I don't own karma so I am
In no position to not want to work with anyone that want to help karma. All I want is to help karma coin. That's all I have been doing for months. Never put my own intentions before the others here. :/
easteagle13

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:29:41 AM

Excuse me.

If you have forgotten what just happened to our community and why we are giving everyone their needed "break" to reassess their position about Karma, it is time to remember.

Are we not moving forward? We are, maybe we are not moving ahead in the velocity we may be hoping for, but we are. We are in the period of healing, as in a real wound, we would feel pain while in this period, we would have less mobility and we would be very careful about our actions.

In a couple of days, those community members that are showing interest in doing something for karma will receive a detailed private message on how we can improve things a lot.

I stayed silent for a while to give everyone a chance to voice out their side about Karma. To let those who needed a "pause" get theirs. Now is the time to once again move ahead.

Why do I love Karma?

1. It has proven it's resiliency in spite of being left twice by a major "developer".
2. It has proven volume in the market despite the best FUDsters' efforts.
3. There are enough good people involved here.
4. People love it too so much that many of the community who openly say goodbye, comeback stronger and more supportive.
5. It is always relevant.

Do you really care too?

Here is a pressing matter at the moment, our payment fund for ONE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FOR KARMA: KARMA API. COST 300$, FUND RAISED:150$ NEEDED: 150$

Please show your concern by donating, Donate here: 12RVXoccgLy8o4GyeUULRmYhaaEL2emvQD

For all those that does not like what is going on(or what we are trying to do) and would rather do their own thing...please do them now. We don't need any  noise here.

Thanks to all of you whose heart is in the right place for Karma. We will see Karma succeed, together.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
scryptminer

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 06:56:14 AM

Hi Community,

I have been quite because I don't like what I see. There is no productivity here at all and it seam to me that no one really want to do anything with the exception of tiny few.

I for myself don't talk much but spend my time useful, I am currently working on a few products that will do good for Karma and benefit the Community. And I may state that I do not ask for funds either, I pay for them myself.

Tiny advice, when the trust of the community is shaken, the last you should ask for is to chip in some more Cash. Be a sport, be a Karmanian and show how you will glue up the damage and give something yourself.

If you actually believe it and stay behind the spirit of Karma then use it.

Do a Little Good for Karma !

spitfire1337

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:10:46 AM

I've been away for a while now, I know of all the problems that happened earlier this month and took a step back for a while to take care of some real word problems I had going on. Needless to say I'm still holding all my coins and am also firing my miner back up as well.

Now, I've been hosting karmagames.info pretty much since this coin launched and traffic has pretty much slowed to a halt over the last month or so and I can't justify the expenses for the site much longer. My thoughts are to take the site down (With reasonable notice for users to withdrawal funds) and retool the site for a different purpose, under a new name with a method to disperse karma to the masses. How I'll do that, I don't quite know yet but if anybody has some ideas I'm all ears.

I'm not looking to make a site to make money on, I'm looking for something that can make it easy for users to earn karma and learn about the benefits and uses of it. I'd hate to see this coin turn to dust after all the troubles we've gone through. But, we've recovered before and will recover again.

Kos had a great idea with lill, it's just a shame things went downhill and we weren't able to proceed with karma integration and such. I'd like to do something similar that can be adopted by the masses. This is basically my first day back so give me some time before I make a final decision and come up with some ideas. Again I'm all ears for some ideas and I'll try to check back here daily.
easteagle13

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:00:11 AM

Hi Community,

I have been quite because I don't like what I see. There is no productivity here at all and it seam to me that no one really want to do anything with the exception of tiny few.

I for myself don't talk much but spend my time useful, I am currently working on a few products that will do good for Karma and benefit the Community. And I may state that I do not ask for funds either, I pay for them myself.

Tiny advice, when the trust of the community is shaken, the last you should ask for is to chip in some more Cash. Be a sport, be a Karmanian and show how you will glue up the damage and give something yourself.

If you actually believe it and stay behind the spirit of Karma then use it.

Do a Little Good for Karma !

Thanks for whatever good projects you are doing for Karma, when you find the time, kindly share some of them here, so we can appreciate and support them.

With regards to your "tiny advice", I'm sorry but asking to chip in as a community is what we really should do. Actually chipping in by the way, will be totally up to the individual. These services that will be paid by these funds are for the community's use, it is just right that the expenses be shouldered by those who can afford to give.

Do I also give something? Yes, for this fund raising I have given 40M karma and 0.0075 BTC, like so many other Karma community members here. Because I do believe in Karma. And I avoid finger pointing too. Instead of pointing out problems, I am looking for solutions.

If you have good ideas, please do chip them in.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
DStefanov

Activity: 425

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 08:13:31 AM

How to build a great community!
  - To return SCRYPT mining KARMA. Do not forget that this algorithm KARMA was the biggest rise. Changing the algorithm does not result in the expected growth hashrate! This will return the majority of the community that mining this algorithm.
  - New wallet fully new GUI interface and new features.
  - Towards new wallet we present example 10000 /50000/ KARMA. People like to be donated. It will be interesting to new investors / will get a game /. Funds are extremely low and will recruit donations!

These are some of my suggestions made ​​in trello! A long time sitting there, but no one sees them. That is why I share them here.
Please comment! Which idea is worth and would you have any effect on the popularity of KARMA?

perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:36:20 AM

I've been away for a while now, I know of all the problems that happened earlier this month and took a step back for a while to take care of some real word problems I had going on. Needless to say I'm still holding all my coins and am also firing my miner back up as well.

Now, I've been hosting karmagames.info pretty much since this coin launched and traffic has pretty much slowed to a halt over the last month or so and I can't justify the expenses for the site much longer. My thoughts are to take the site down (With reasonable notice for users to withdrawal funds) and retool the site for a different purpose, under a new name with a method to disperse karma to the masses. How I'll do that, I don't quite know yet but if anybody has some ideas I'm all ears.

I'm not looking to make a site to make money on, I'm looking for something that can make it easy for users to earn karma and learn about the benefits and uses of it. I'd hate to see this coin turn to dust after all the troubles we've gone through. But, we've recovered before and will recover again.

Kos had a great idea with lill, it's just a shame things went downhill and we weren't able to proceed with karma integration and such. I'd like to do something similar that can be adopted by the masses. This is basically my first day back so give me some time before I make a final decision and come up with some ideas. Again I'm all ears for some ideas and I'll try to check back here daily.

I'd love to turn the gambling page (maybe add some game) into a "help-the-community" page by "burning" all the lost Karma (send them to an inexistent wallet) and take them out of the game forever. What do you think?
easteagle13

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:37:35 AM

Thanks for chipping in!

In behalf of everyone who would later use our richlist, karma block explorer and API (ongoing), I would like to thank everyone listed above. Working together, financially and otherwise is waaayyy better than trying to lift anything alone. I am glad to coordinate our actions.

IF YOU DONATED AND I HAVEN'T CREDITED YOU FOR IT PLEASE  SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO ME ASAP!

Remember wallet contents info are always available on our block explorer.

To those who would like to donate for the funds that we still lack...were almost complete for API payment (75$more or less to go) here is our BTC donation address again: 12RVXoccgLy8o4GyeUULRmYhaaEL2emvQD

For those who would rather send Karma: KRuPCSjz5YgatDETwiwERLZffEstmRYbCs

Good Karma to everyone.

learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:25:17 AM

@bitwho "what have you done for Karma" is a red herring, a distraction from unwelcome hard questions or criticism. Don't go down that route like kosmost did, it's a dead end. You really want to know what I have done? I've contributed several times to donation runs, as recently as the block explorer and - just today - to the API fund (hint @East, that was me). I've worked with ptman on the Karma game (good times). I've been an active, mostly positive and constructive community member. I've offered help on the karmadev subreddit and the Karmashares forums, no one requested it so far. There's probably more that slips my mind, but that's not the point. I've decided not to get involved directly in the current process on trello for personal reasons, but I still believe in the Karma idea as much as before. I'm offering my opion, no more no less, take it for what its worth.

Yes, it is extremely hard to get people to do anything for Karma, that's not a new problem. That happens when you ask people to do work for you for free. And now its even harder than ever because trust in the team has been severly damaged. Too many broken promises. Guilty by association I guess. The trust needs to be rebuilt before you can realistically expect much support. André, Perica and David coming in at this time offering help is pretty close to a best case scenario. We should embrace this opportunity and try to make the best out of it. A fresh start is needed, we need to stop being nostalgic for the "good kosmost"-days, get over the "bad-kosmost"-days and start a new era for Karma.

Of course in theory it is not unreasonable to ask help from the community, but you can't ask the community to shoulder everything either and certainly not at times like this. With almost any coin I know (that's worth following) the team is a core group of maybe 2-6 individuals who not only determine the direction of a coin, but also execute most of the development - without constantly asking the community to do that for them. The core development and services are almost always done by the coin developers.

The communities of those coins can trust this basic level of development and infrastructure to be provided for them. In contrast what remains of the Karma team hasn't even managed to take over all existing services from the previous team leader - after a month. If you want others to believe in this coin and dedicate their resources to it, you first need to demonstrate your ability and willingness to do the same. It is called leading by example.

TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 12:20:51 PM

André, Perica and David coming in at this time offering help is pretty close to a best case scenario. We should embrace this opportunity and try to make the best out of it. A fresh start is needed, we need to stop being nostalgic for the "good kosmost"-days, get over the "bad-kosmost"-days and start a new era for Karma.

It's nice to hear from another reasonable voice!  Thank you learminer for recognizing our offers as different from what has been done in the past.

What amuses me about Eagles pleading for $$ is that I have repeatedly stated that Strength in Numbers Foundation would do all API development for FREE -- furthermore we could be happy to help start funding bounties for those items we ourselves do not have capacity to do.

After how many weeks of begging for donations he's raised what?  $150 ?  That's just, pardon my position here, but that's PATHETIC.

I have an open bounty of $250 on Bountysource for adding merged-mining in NOMP -- which would benefit everyone

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1537124-merged-mining-support/backers

Furthermore we spent $6000 USD on the animated video for https://doabitofgood.com -- imagine what other resources we must have out our disposal that could do good things for karma.   At least we have something to show for that -- considering that we also spent nearly $1200 on Facebook paying for "boosted posts" for our http://facebook.com/doabitofgood page.

I'm not bragging -- trust me the Facebook ad spend might have been wasteful, only time will tell with advertising $$.

Everyone here seems to be operating from the position that the only reason someone would care about Karma is to profit from it.   Which always tells me their state of mind.

What I'm trying to illustrate is that we don't NEED to profit from Karma -- and certainly not me personally.  I don't need you guys to send me coins to show fidelity or ask dumb questions like "what have you done for karma" as a way to try and shame you.  That's just ineffective.

What I would ask is that everyone get two people, non-miners, like friends and family to download the wallet and then send them coins and ask them to do the same.  Tell them "this is exactly how Bitcoin works and we hope that one day Karma will be worth even a fraction of what Bitcoin is"

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:10:43 PM

The __ONLY__ thing that karma needs is the hostname that has been put into the source-code that points to either a wallet or a seednode. Whoever controls that controls karma.

EVERYTHING ELSE CAN BE DONE BY ANYONE!!!! IF YOU HAVE SOME TECH/SERVICE JUST RUN IT!!!!! YOU DON'T NEED PERMISSION!!!!

*GASP* THERE CAN BE MORE THAN ONE MERCHANT API IMPLEMENTATION *GASP*

GO GO GO
easteagle13

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:13:49 PM

@bitwho "what have you done for Karma" is a red herring, a distraction from unwelcome hard questions or criticism. Don't go down that route like kosmost did, it's a dead end. You really want to know what I have done? I've contributed several times to donation runs, as recently as the block explorer and - just today - to the API fund (hint @East, that was me). I've worked with ptman on the Karma game (good times). I've been an active, mostly positive and constructive community member. I've offered help on the karmadev subreddit and the Karmashares forums, no one requested it so far. There's probably more that slips my mind, but that's not the point. I've decided not to get involved directly in the current process on trello for personal reasons, but I still believe in the Karma idea as much as before. I'm offering my opion, no more no less, take it for what its worth.

Yes, it is extremely hard to get people to do anything for Karma, that's not a new problem. That happens when you ask people to do work for you for free. And now its even harder than ever because trust in the team has been severly damaged. Too many broken promises. Guilty by association I guess. The trust needs to be rebuilt before you can realistically expect much support. André, Perica and David coming in at this time offering help is pretty close to a best case scenario. We should embrace this opportunity and try to make the best out of it. A fresh start is needed, we need to stop being nostalgic for the "good kosmost"-days, get over the "bad-kosmost"-days and start a new era for Karma.

Of course in theory it is not unreasonable to ask help from the community, but you can't ask the community to shoulder everything either and certainly not at times like this. With almost any coin I know (that's worth following) the team is a core group of maybe 2-6 individuals who not only determine the direction of a coin, but also execute most of the development - without constantly asking the community to do that for them. The core development and services are almost always done by the coin developers.

The communities of those coins can trust this basic level of development and infrastructure to be provided for them. In contrast what remains of the Karma team hasn't even managed to take over all existing services from the previous team leader - after a month. If you want others to believe in this coin and dedicate their resources to it, you first need to demonstrate your ability and willingness to do the same. It is called leading by example.

Thank you very much learminer for being generous towards the community! I received your 3M Karma donation. BTW, do you know how I can embed the game you are developing with ptman to this website? ---> http://easteagle13.wix.com/karma

TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 03:29:27 PM

The __ONLY__ thing that karma needs is the hostname that has been put into the source-code that points to either a wallet or a seednode. Whoever controls that controls karma.

EVERYTHING ELSE CAN BE DONE BY ANYONE!!!! IF YOU HAVE SOME TECH/SERVICE JUST RUN IT!!!!! YOU DON'T NEED PERMISSION!!!!

GO GO GO

More "READY-FIRE-AIM" rhetoric...

YES we can AND that is something Andre, Perica and I have been discussing -- the idea of establishing multi-continent, redundant checkpointing nodes as well as the websites replication and redundancy.   They would run the EU servers and we would run the US infrastructure.

Trust me you WANT the wallets to be built by someone with good intentions.

Strength in Numbers Foundation has committed to doing source-code scanning (dynamic and static using a tool like HP's Fortify) for the wallets we will build.  Also malware scanning and digital signature services.

We would like to blend in the work that Clean Water Coin has recently done with its new wallet by adding a "Donation" tab and a nominal transaction that benefits the on-going support.  But that's up to the Board of Stakeholders to decide and approve.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 03:41:13 PM

Imagine if this had been a tip made with a Karma paper wallet...

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/30/couple-generous-tip-goes-viral/16467771/

It's Better 2GIVE
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:06:52 PM

Dave, let us know more about this when you have time please.

GO GO GO

YES we can AND that is something Andre, Perica and I have been discussing -- the idea of establishing multi-continent, redundant checkpointing nodes as well as the websites replication and redundancy.   They would run the EU servers and we would run the US infrastructure.

Strength in Numbers Foundation has committed to doing source-code scanning (dynamic and static using a tool like HP's Fortify) for the wallets we will build.  Also malware scanning and digital signature services.

We would like to blend in the work that Clean Water Coin has recently done with its new wallet by adding a "Donation" tab and a nominal transaction that benefits the on-going support.  But that's up to the Board of Stakeholders to decide and approve.

-dvd
Maurizio

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:37:34 PM

GO GO GO

More "READY-FIRE-AIM" rhetoric...

-dvd

Please start your work, the community will appreciate it.
Time to start with what Karma deserves to be.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
easteagle13

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:03:56 PM

I have received a 5M Karma donation a while ago...Thanks and please, if you like, kindly make us know who you are.

Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: