Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 [945] 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667468 times)
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 11:56:57 PM

How is the database testing going?

give it a shot!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg9934242#msg9934242

I tried it out at some point last week - was able to build the main net blockchain from scratch. Once synced, it was sitting idle, and then it crashed - went to #monero-dev, someone taught me how to debug it, pastbinned the output, and the dev team had a field day.

key things are to backup your stable release - copy the blockchain, rename your stable folder, copy your wallet somewhere, etc.

database testing will only go as quickly as those testing it out on different machines, right? so give it a go!

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:20:46 AM

Neat: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/silk-road-reloaded-i2p

Get i2p here: https://geti2p.net/en/

Then add them to the addressbook. One of the jumps will give you the destination for you to add to the addressbook so you can get there.

Maybe buy or sell something?

Then bug them about adding Monero to their experimental decentralized marketplace over i2p.

Maybe leave a link to the website or btctalk thread on their support tab?

You'll need a pgp key to make an account.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:18:42 AM

Neat: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/silk-road-reloaded-i2p

Get i2p here: https://geti2p.net/en/

Then add them to the addressbook. One of the jumps will give you the destination for you to add to the addressbook so you can get there.

Maybe buy or sell something?

Then bug them about adding Monero to their experimental decentralized marketplace over i2p.

Maybe leave a link to the website or btctalk thread on their support tab?

You'll need a pgp key to make an account.

Anoncoin barely got a bump when this announcement came out. Much less Monero with it's liquidity of like 10x more.

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:19:10 AM

What are you guys going to make once the database merge happens? I am really anxious about that
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 07:56:13 AM

What are you guys going to make once the database merge happens? I am really anxious about that

Well then we take our riches and retire to our island in Bali!

The Year in Review Missive from last week has some details about what we'll be working on in 2015:)

yespeace

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:24:45 AM

вceм пpивeт, биpжa cryptsy пpиxyeлa, нecкoлькo мecяцeв в иxнeм xyeвoм гoлocoвaнии xmr являлcя лидepoм, ceгoдня peшил зaйти a тaм кaкaятo aricoin, чтo зa xyйня твopитcя? нayк Уя cпpaшивaeтcя гoлocoвaли пpoплaчивaли, ecли эти чepти тaк и нe дoбaвили нaшy cyпep мoнeткy, пepeдaйтe им ктo cмoжeт чтo oни гpeбaнныe xyecocы!!!
пepeвeдитe ктo cмoжeт, зapaнee cпacибo) извиняюcь зa бoгaтый pyccкий язык)
Quick google translate:

"Cryptsy, the cocksuckers, has as usually added a bunch of shitcoins like Kakayato and Aricoin, even though Monero was voted nr1 a few months ago. What the fuck is going on?(Sorry for the strong Russian language)"

I agree.

First of all, Cryptsy did not add Aricoin! it is ahead of Monero on voting list. And it is really not fair of you to say that Aricoin is a shit coin! (because you are angry on Cryptsy?!)

I like Monero very much, have a lot of them in my wallet! But because of this kinf of comments...

I love Monero and I also love Aricoin! So please explain me why Aricoin is a shitcoin? (I have voted for both coins on cryptsy!)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:32:33 AM

вceм пpивeт, биpжa cryptsy пpиxyeлa, нecкoлькo мecяцeв в иxнeм xyeвoм гoлocoвaнии xmr являлcя лидepoм, ceгoдня peшил зaйти a тaм кaкaятo aricoin, чтo зa xyйня твopитcя? нayк Уя cпpaшивaeтcя гoлocoвaли пpoплaчивaли, ecли эти чepти тaк и нe дoбaвили нaшy cyпep мoнeткy, пepeдaйтe им ктo cмoжeт чтo oни гpeбaнныe xyecocы!!!
пepeвeдитe ктo cмoжeт, зapaнee cпacибo) извиняюcь зa бoгaтый pyccкий язык)
Quick google translate:

"Cryptsy, the cocksuckers, has as usually added a bunch of shitcoins like Kakayato and Aricoin, even though Monero was voted nr1 a few months ago. What the fuck is going on?(Sorry for the strong Russian language)"

I agree.

First of all, Cryptsy did not add Aricoin! it is ahead of Monero on voting list. And it is really not fair of you to say that Aricoin is a shit coin! (because you are angry on Cryptsy?!)

I like Monero very much, have a lot of them in my wallet! But because of this kinf of comments...

I love Monero and I also love Aricoin! So please explain me why Aricoin is a shitcoin? (I have voted for both coins on cryptsy!)

Let's not get into "my coin is better than your coin"

Monero was at the top of their list for a while, if I recall correctly.

It's pretty clear they haven't added it (yet?) because it is more development work to support cryptonote coins. Best to just use another exchange.

florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:35:55 PM

Unfortunately it's impossible to give timelines. Let me explain why:

- a contributor who is reliable and gets paid for his work may be able to put in 8 hours a day. But since we're completely unfunded and our costs vastly outstrip our donations, chances are we can only afford to pay him for a period of time. Once money dries up, there goes that contributor.

- an unpaid contributor may be able to put in a few hours a day now, but if he gets a job offer, or has a kid, or gets bored, well...there goes that contributor.

In view of this, it would be irresponsible of us to make assumptions and give timelines that we're almost guaranteed to miss as situations and circumstances change. This will definitely change in the future as Monero-oriented operations like MyMonero or Crypto Kingdom or MoneroClub grow and start putting funds back to core development, which will give us stable cash flow, and thus the ability to be predictively productive.

Until that time, it's going to be a bit of a chicken-or-egg scenario.

fluffypony, did you think about a croudfunding company? On kickstarter, indiegogo, etc?

Also I just found the following bitcoin loan resource:
https://btcjam.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTCJam
http://www.orchardplatform.com/blog/marketplace-lending-meets-cryptographic-currency-bitcoin-lending-on-btcjam/

Also we as monero thread readers can consider direct funding to core team. Assume core team = 5 people get $50/hour * 8 hours/day = $2000 per day for core team.
Divide $2000 for 1000 readers = $2 donation per person per day. Now imagine 10000 readers-donators...

fluffypony, I think marketing is weak side of Monero devs team. And imagine, it is simplier to fix: communication with alive people is much easier than sofisticated code writing: just 1 wrong charaster leads to heartblead, etc... If you start marketing company for Monero with alive people and make some mistakes, it indeed brings some profit.
People are more grateful than iron computers! But almost nobody knows about Monero!
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:30:45 PM

fluffypony, I think marketing is weak side of Monero devs team. And imagine, it is simplier to fix: communication with alive people is much easier than sofisticated code writing: just 1 wrong charaster leads to heartblead, etc... If you start marketing company for Monero with alive people and make some mistakes, it indeed brings some profit.
People are more grateful than iron computers! But almost nobody knows about Monero!

hrm, well one way forward which is good for both monero and monero holders is the whole "if it gets a crazy value, people will notice" - i.e., if monero goes "to the moon", it will naturally attract attention. This path to marketing supports the development concept - make the coin awesome (GUI, database out of memory).

the other avenue, I think, is to capitalize on the new "nothings private" problem of the modern era. If we can market private online shopping (FB, google, etc doesn't track your purchases to get info on you that they can sell to others etc). I have a business idea for this, just waiting until february (when I have more time.)

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:45:21 PM

You're not insinuating that the core dev team take out loans in order to hasten the development of Monero are you?

- a contributor who is reliable and gets paid for his work may be able to put in 8 hours a day. But since we're completely unfunded and our costs vastly outstrip our donations, chances are we can only afford to pay him for a period of time. Once money dries up, there goes that contributor.

- an unpaid contributor may be able to put in a few hours a day now, but if he gets a job offer, or has a kid, or gets bored, well...there goes that contributor.

In view of this, it would be irresponsible of us to make assumptions and give timelines that we're almost guaranteed to miss as situations and circumstances change. This will definitely change in the future as Monero-oriented operations like MyMonero or Crypto Kingdom or MoneroClub grow and start putting funds back to core development, which will give us stable cash flow, and thus the ability to be predictively productive.

fluffypony, did you think about a croudfunding company? On kickstarter, indiegogo, etc?

http://www.orchardplatform.com/blog/marketplace-lending-meets-cryptographic-currency-bitcoin-lending-on-btcjam/

Also we as monero thread readers can consider direct funding to core team. Assume core team = 5 people get $50/hour * 8 hours/day = $2000 per day for core team.
Divide $2000 for 1000 readers = $2 donation per person per day. Now imagine 10000 readers-donators...

florida.haunted

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:49:01 PM

hrm, well one way forward which is good for both monero and monero holders is the whole "if it gets a crazy value, people will notice" - i.e., if monero goes "to the moon", it will naturally attract attention. This path to marketing supports the development concept - make the coin awesome (GUI, database out of memory).

the other avenue, I think, is to capitalize on the new "nothings private" problem of the modern era. If we can market private online shopping (FB, google, etc doesn't track your purchases to get info on you that they can sell to others etc). I have a business idea for this, just waiting until february (when I have more time.)

I completely share your point of view.

You describe two ways:
1) "if it gets a crazy value, people will notice"
2) "to capitalize on the new "nothings private" problem of the modern era"

The 1st way is already 'in the game', but it is not sufficient because core devs DO report they have no enough money to simply work 8 hours a day on Monero project only.

So, we should power on 2nd way - in terms of marketing - *to sell monero idea worldwide as the only solution for "nothings private" problem*.

As we all do know, Monero (and cryptonote technology) is actualy the only fundamental, academic AND practically working solution for "nothings private" problem.
But most people just don't know about Monero, while they do know about "nothings private" problem.

So when ready, let us know about your business idea for this, you've mentioned Smiley
florida.haunted

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:58:10 PM

You're not insinuating that the core dev team take out loans in order to hasten the development of Monero are you?

No, BTCJam is just an example of ready-to-use Crowdfunding platform among others (kickstarter, indiegogo, etc). BTCJam is more useful it pays in bitcoins.

I mentioned if we grow 10000 volunteers ready to pay $0.2 per day (roughly), we will allow core devs to work on Monero 8 hours per day.
As for me, I am ready to play $0.2 per day to core team.

BTCJam also allows (technically) to attract investors as easily as borrowers.
florida.haunted

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:02:29 PM

It is very possibly, lighthouse is another good example of ready-to-use crowdfunding platform. Core devs may choice one they prefer more.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:05:35 PM

Some crowd funding is taking place.  I believe an OpenBazzar type application is being worked on right now by a member here funded by just shy of 10k XMR of donations.  Once the DB is implemented I think we will see a lot more services pop up based on Monero.  I know of at least one person who has a dice type gambling website ready just waiting for a more friendly blockchain implementation.

No, BTCJam is just an example of ready-to-use Crowdfunding platform among others (kickstarter, indiegogo, etc). BTCJam is more useful it pays in bitcoins.

I mentioned if we grow 10000 volunteers ready to pay $0.2 per day (roughly), we will allow core devs to work on Monero 8 hours per day.
As for me, I am ready to play $0.2 per day to core team.

BTCJam also allows (technically) to attract investors as easily as borrowers.

florida.haunted

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:24:53 PM

Some crowd funding is taking place.  I believe an OpenBazzar type application is being worked on right now by a member here funded by just shy of 10k XMR of donations.  Once the DB is implemented I think we will see a lot more services pop up based on Monero.  I know of at least one person who has a dice type gambling website ready just waiting for a more friendly blockchain implementation.

You are right but fullypony mentioned 'chicken or egg' problem in investing process: DB implementation needs money right now core devs have not.
That because I think we should start donations PRIOR to DB is ready.

Look, even missives regular manner is broken, although core devs must NOT to do any in deadline manner. Just write missives regularly... They don't!
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:45:50 PM

The missives are written regularly.  They are written when it is appropriate to communicate the recent developments.  There have been 22 missives written in 7 months.  That seems fairly regular to me.  Please forgive those who love alliteration.

I am not a pigeon, I love pudding.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 03:49:44 PM

The missives are written regularly.  They are written when it is appropriate to communicate the recent developments.  There have been 22 missives written in 7 months.  That seems fairly regular to me.  Please forgive those who love alliteration.

I am not a pigeon, I love pudding.

1 stone, 2 pigeons: Monero Mystery Missives

jk

jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:51:05 PM

You are right but fullypony mentioned 'chicken or egg' problem in investing process: DB implementation needs money right now core devs have not.
That because I think we should start donations PRIOR to DB is ready.

Look, even missives regular manner is broken, although core devs must NOT to do any in deadline manner. Just write missives regularly... They don't!

Wait for BTC to rise. If XMR still looks like a reasonable investment, it will rise as well, giving us all more resources to contribute to XMR.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:49:51 PM

However, your whining about it is right on time! 
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:26:44 PM

I always thought that this was a good idea, but not anymore.

With recent scams re: Mt Gox and Paycoin, the SEC is starting to ruffle it feathers. IPOs and crowd funding of financial instruments may be quite illegal in the USA. A lawyer is required to do this stuff now. And he/she had better be good.
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113258/appcoins-crypto-crowdfunding-and-the-potential-sec-regulation-pitfall

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Pages: « 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 [945] 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: