Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:11:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669131 times)
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:18:33 PM

Our beloved core team member David Latapie is being considered for the hugely coveted title of Altcoin Gangster. Although in connection with his other coin, I think we should still give him some Monero love over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723764.0

Nice title fits perfectly with the pump and dump scam of Monero unfolding.

beware newbies before investing!! Better let this one first drop towards normal levels and get some Doge, or plain bitcoin in the mean time

First troll in--must mean fear is in the air.  Roll Eyes

there are over ~500 posts in the DRK thread in the last 2 weeks from Monero community with every accusation and slander under the sun FYI.  

Drk is the Milli Vanilli of privacy coins FYI. Most of the people in the Monero community care more about privacy than profits and when they see this pig with lipstick dancing around singing, "We're better than Bitcoin and more anonymous than Monero!" The BS meter spikes and gets some reaction. Good luck when the dam breaks and washes you out of delusionville.

'pig with lipstick'?  why such vitriol towards DRK all the time and flooding the DRK thread, reddit, everywhere with it?  Why are there so many Monero people attacking DRK?   It's in all anon coins interest to work together to build a market, instead Monero spends 90% of its time attacking a totally seperate coin and 0% of DRK is attacking Monero. Why?

Not saying I agree with attacking anothers threads, but as to why? I think Fluffponyza post here is why: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmjh9y

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh  Did a DRK dev ever come here and start throwing accusations?

You're mixing up trolling and stating facts.

I'm asking why does he *NEED* to 'state facts' on a DRK thread?

Secondly why does Icebreaker and the rest of his team need to 'state facts' so many times on a DRK thread?

(ergo why are they spending this time on DRK instead of on Monero?)
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:20:16 PM

Should be reported as off topic imo.

Submissions that are mostly about some other cryptocurrency belong elsewhere. For example, /r/CryptoCurrency is a good place to discuss all cryptocurrencies.

Bitcoin moderators just told me we are free to discus anonymous technologies as they are important for Bitcoin. But no threads like 'Monero is next BTC' or 'Monero is undervalued'

Release the Kraken
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:20:41 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 03:42:51 PM by smooth

Our beloved core team member David Latapie is being considered for the hugely coveted title of Altcoin Gangster. Although in connection with his other coin, I think we should still give him some Monero love over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723764.0

beware newbies before investing!! Better let this one first drop towards normal levels and get some Doge, or plain bitcoin in the mean time

First troll in--must mean fear is in the air.  Roll Eyes

there are over ~500 posts in the DRK thread in the last 2 weeks from Monero community with every accusation and slander under the sun FYI. 

Drk is the Milli Vanilli of privacy coins FYI. Most of the people in the Monero community care more about privacy than profits and when they see this pig with lipstick dancing around singing, "We're better than Bitcoin and more anonymous than Monero!" The BS meter spikes and gets some reaction. Good luck when the dam breaks and washes you out of delusionville.

'pig with lipstick'?  why such vitriol towards DRK all the time and flooding the DRK thread, reddit, everywhere with it?  Why are there so many Monero people attacking DRK?   It's in all anon coins interest to work together to build a market, instead Monero spends 90% of its time attacking a totally seperate coin and 0% of DRK is attacking Monero. Why?

Not saying I agree with attacking anothers threads, but as to why? I think Fluffponyza post here is why: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmjh9y

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh  Did a DRK dev ever come here and start throwing accusations?

It's an open forum. If you don't like the message, you are certainly free to blame (and attack) the messenger. Oh that's right, you figured that out already. Carry on.

Secondly why does Icebreaker and the rest of his team need to 'state facts' so many times on a DRK thread?

You would have to ask him.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:20:49 PM

'pig with lipstick'?  why such vitriol towards DRK all the time and flooding the DRK thread, reddit, everywhere with it?  Why are there so many Monero people attacking DRK?   It's in all anon coins interest to work together to build a market, instead Monero spends 90% of its time attacking a totally seperate coin and 0% of DRK is attacking Monero. Why?

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh

He was answering this question, if you didn't look:
It's sad to see so few technical responses to this thread, just ppl plugging their coin or calling scam. Would be great to hear some other coders thoughts on the ideas in this interview.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:20:59 PM

Maybe the same reason people "trolled" against pirate@40 or BFL

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Scapegoat

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:21:38 PM

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh  Did a DRK dev ever come here and start throwing accusations?

(ergo why are they spending this time on DRK instead of on Monero?)

Because the monero-scam does not sell itself apparently. Just go for some bitcoins newbies (and oldies) and be gone from this thread. Too many shady people involved and a dev that posts more than he does in actual coding....
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:22:09 PM

This deserves a crosspost:

know your address everywhere, everytime

xmr.link is an OpenAlias service implementation to work specificly with Monero.

With this service you can easly convert your monero address to any avaliable and short name of your choose instead of remembering an 95 char long key.
(You will remember it, and most important, the ones who want/need to send you money will remember it!)

Advantages of using xmr.link:
  • Know everywhere, everytime your address
  • Already working with last simplewallet and mymonero
  • DNSSEC avaliable
  • 6 different domains that you can choose
  • Easy to use
  • Use your moneroj

This service is still under development, some minor bugs can be expected.

Future implementations needed:
  • More information on the page (know how to use)
  • DNSSEC in all domains (currently only avaliable on xmr.rocks)
  • QR Codes avaliable to use on forums, websites, ect..
  • Public API that allows to register your name remotely and annonymus based only on payment_id (should be usefull to implement on gui wallets)

Topic here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999468.0

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:23:27 PM

This deserves a crosspost:

know your address everywhere, everytime

xmr.link is an OpenAlias service implementation to work specificly with Monero.

With this service you can easly convert your monero address to any avaliable and short name of your choose instead of remembering an 95 char long key.
(You will remember it, and most important, the ones who want/need to send you money will remember it!)

Advantages of using xmr.link:
  • Know everywhere, everytime your address
  • Already working with last simplewallet and mymonero
  • DNSSEC avaliable
  • 6 different domains that you can choose
  • Easy to use
  • Use your moneroj

This service is still under development, some minor bugs can be expected.

Future implementations needed:
  • More information on the page (know how to use)
  • DNSSEC in all domains (currently only avaliable on xmr.rocks)
  • QR Codes avaliable to use on forums, websites, ect..
  • Public API that allows to register your name remotely and annonymus based only on payment_id (should be usefull to implement on gui wallets)

Topic here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999468.0

Wow, nice service MalMen, especially with the DNSSEC support. Very cool!
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:24:06 PM

so if I invest in Monero, I am investing in the core dev and the top community members spending 90% time trolling against the leader in the anon space with 20x Monero's volume and dragging the Monero name through the mud on a daily basis, instead of trying to improve Monero itself to compete better?  Thanks for the info, makes sense. (Huh)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:24:49 PM

Why?

Privacy is a right that shouldn't be trampled upon by false promises that can't be delivered, or worse used to trick the naive into using a system that is easily exploitable and lined with buzz words that can't be validated beyond a sale's pitch--that's why.

As a profiteer, you're question should be, "Was the drk price just artificially pumped so smart investors could leverage more purchasing power to buy the coin that is designed with better privacy (XMR)?"

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:25:55 PM

so if I invest in Monero, I am investing in the core dev and the top community members spending 90% time trolling against the leader in the anon space with 20x Monero's volume and dragging the Monero name through the mud on a daily basis, instead of trying to improve Monero itself to compete better?  Thanks for the info, makes sense. (Huh)

Criticizing an instamine/premine scam with mediocre technology does not drag our name through the mud, and meanwhile, Monero is being steadily improved. I happen to be working on database performance right now. What are you doing to contribute to your favorite open source projects?
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:26:48 PM

Criticizing an instamine/premine scam with mediocre technology does not drag our name through the mud, and meanwhile, Monero is being steadily improved. I happen to be working on database performance right now. What are you doing to contribute to your favorite open source projects?

I expose scams, check my sig.

And I am here after reading 500 posts in the DRK thread each one 'concern trolling' DRK so Monero is bleeping on my radar.  That is 100's of hours Monero people are spending on DRK and not Monero.

That benefits Monero...how?
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:26:55 PM

They are doing two important things, concurrently

1. Making our life better with untraceable tech

2. Saving people from getting scammed
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:28:21 PM

I commend you if you have had a role in bringing Ryan Kennedy or whatever the scumbag's name is to justice.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:28:48 PM

so I should buy Monero to fund an 'anti-scam' troll group that trolls the competitors instead of developing Monero itself is what you are saying.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:29:49 PM

I commend you if you have had a role in bringing Ryan Kennedy or whatever the scumbag's name is to justice.

thanks smooth.

I will leave it here, I made my points.  I wish all anon coins the best, we have to work together to build the market in the first place.  This kind of cut-throat competition is not healthy!!!

all the best
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:31:53 PM

thanks smooth.

I will leave it here, I made my points.  I wish all anon coins the best, we have to work together to build the market in the first place.  This kind of cut-throat competition is not healthy!!!

all the best

Likewise!
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:33:05 PM

so I should buy Monero to fund an 'anti-scam' troll group that trolls the competitors instead of developing Monero itself is what you are saying.

If that's the only technical critique you can offer against Monero, your coin is already dead.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:42:33 PM

from the reddit craziness

–]BlockaFett 4 points 3 hours ago
It's relevant now to Bitcoin because of the current privacy issues in the media like the ongoing sybil attack by 5% of the Bitcoin network or the current fungibility crisis which is on-topic due to the Evolution market scam last week. Using the Bitcoin code, DRK is example of how these issues can be solved. Maybe Bitcoin could implement some of the features, learn from what DRK is doing, etc - So obviously it's relevant

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:48:21 PM

And some ignorant fool dared to complain about lack of PR initiatives.
Pages: « 1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: