Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667223 times)
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:49:40 PM

Should be reported as off topic imo.

Submissions that are mostly about some other cryptocurrency belong elsewhere. For example, /r/CryptoCurrency is a good place to discuss all cryptocurrencies.

Bitcoin moderators just told me we are free to discus anonymous technologies as they are important for Bitcoin. But no threads like 'Monero is next BTC' or 'Monero is undervalued'

Release the Kraken

Could you post the exact message they sent you (the relevant part), or the link if it was public?

It is contradicting their previous (non-sensical complete BS) stand on the topic.
Here is a conversation of fluffypony with them after their abusive deletion of a xmr.to related post: https://i.imgur.com/nOHaL5f.jpg

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:58:57 PM

so, how can i see all my transactions_ID from  my wallet ?  very need
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:00:52 PM

Our beloved core team member David Latapie is being considered for the hugely coveted title of Altcoin Gangster. Although in connection with his other coin, I think we should still give him some Monero love over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723764.0

Did you read the poll Huh
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:10:22 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 06:42:30 PM by Brilliantrocket

I'm invested in both Monero and DRK. I don't care who wins. In terms of potential profit, I actually stand to gain more from Monero, just because the DRK-XMR rate was so favorable when I diversified. That being said, why are Monero lead devs trolling Darkcoin? Are you guys fucking brain dead? Do you not realize how terrible that looks? If you guys spent half as much time working as trolling, Monero might actually be usable by now. This criticism applies to Smooth in particular. Get your head out of your ass bud.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:16:39 PM

I think the title Altcoin Gangster is kind of badass. Voting away! Smiley
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:22:50 PM

I'm invested in both Monero and DRK. I don't care who wins. In terms of potential profit, I actually stand to gain more from Monero, just because the DRK-XMR rate was so favorable when I diversified. That being said, why are Monero lead devs trolling Darkcoin? Are you guys fucking brain dead? Do you not realize how terrible that looks? If you guys spent half as much time working as trolling, Monero might actually be usable by now. This criticism applies to Smooth in particular. Get you head out of your ass bud.

I feel inclined to post this again, because you are mixing up trolling and stating facts. The post from fluffypony is very well argumented and isn't meant as trolling. Just stating the facts.

Smooth also repllied on this a few hours ago:

Maybe the same reason people "trolled" against pirate@40 or BFL

so if I invest in Monero, I am investing in the core dev and the top community members spending 90% time trolling against the leader in the anon space with 20x Monero's volume and dragging the Monero name through the mud on a daily basis, instead of trying to improve Monero itself to compete better?  Thanks for the info, makes sense. (Huh)

Criticizing an instamine/premine scam with mediocre technology does not drag our name through the mud, and meanwhile, Monero is being steadily improved. I happen to be working on database performance right now. What are you doing to contribute to your favorite open source projects?

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Still wild and free

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:22:58 PM

I'm invested in both Monero and DRK. I don't care who wins. In terms of potential profit, I actually stand to gain more from Monero, just because the DRK-XMR rate was so favorable when I diversified. That being said, why are Monero lead devs trolling Darkcoin? Are you guys fucking brain dead? Do you not realize how terrible that looks? If you guys spent half as much time working as trolling, Monero might actually be usable by now. This criticism applies to Smooth in particular. Get you head out of your ass bud.

So we would all have to shut up, not calling out one of the largest scam going on? We would all have to shup up, including the lead devs who are also respected and knowledgeable members of the community appart from what they do with Monero. And why? Just because DRK pretends to be "private" and thus might look like it's competing with Monero? So we would have to self-censor on this one specific scam?

If paycoin had claimed to be anonymous, everybody in Monero would have to shut up and pretends it's all good and honest?

DRK fanboys complain that people keep bringing the instamine. Good luck, because it will be called out forever.
DRK first 24h of coins emission:  https://i.imgur.com/dSe9cRz.jpg

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:26:47 PM

If you want to play concerned parent, you should probably make a new account and not use one that has a post history hectoring Monero and supporting drk. Do you guys get your BS cues from Evan? At least he has the good sense to change the name of the scam.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:31:41 PM

Our beloved core team member David Latapie is being considered for the hugely coveted title of Altcoin Gangster. Although in connection with his other coin, I think we should still give him some Monero love over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723764.0

Nice title fits perfectly with the pump and dump scam of Monero unfolding.

beware newbies before investing!! Better let this one first drop towards normal levels and get some Doge, or plain bitcoin in the mean time

First troll in--must mean fear is in the air.  Roll Eyes

there are over ~500 posts in the DRK thread in the last 2 weeks from Monero community with every accusation and slander under the sun FYI.  

Drk is the Milli Vanilli of privacy coins FYI. Most of the people in the Monero community care more about privacy than profits and when they see this pig with lipstick dancing around singing, "We're better than Bitcoin and more anonymous than Monero!" The BS meter spikes and gets some reaction. Good luck when the dam breaks and washes you out of delusionville.

'pig with lipstick'?  why such vitriol towards DRK all the time and flooding the DRK thread, reddit, everywhere with it?  Why are there so many Monero people attacking DRK?   It's in all anon coins interest to work together to build a market, instead Monero spends 90% of its time attacking a totally seperate coin and 0% of DRK is attacking Monero. Why?

Why?  Because the DRK folks keep misrepresenting the facts over and over again.  If the only claims you guys made were legitimate there would not be one person correcting your statements in the DRK threads.

bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:34:25 PM

no one gives a flying f..ck if you make potential profit or not, add some meaningful discussion or else bitch about it to noobs all you want on reddit, not here... retards like you are exactly the type of crowd that can't differentiate constructive discussion from trolling...  Cheesy

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:36:16 PM

so if I invest in Monero, I am investing in the core dev and the top community members spending 90% time trolling against the leader in the anon space with 20x Monero's volume and dragging the Monero name through the mud on a daily basis, instead of trying to improve Monero itself to compete better?  Thanks for the info, makes sense. (Huh)

Criticizing an instamine/premine scam with mediocre technology does not drag our name through the mud, and meanwhile, Monero is being steadily improved. I happen to be working on database performance right now. What are you doing to contribute to your favorite open source projects?

Hey smooth! Do you feel like you are being dragged through the mud?  I sure dont.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:37:39 PM

I expose scams, check my sig.

And I am here after reading 500 posts in the DRK thread each one 'concern trolling' DRK so Monero is bleeping on my radar.  That is 100's of hours Monero people are spending on DRK and not Monero.

That benefits Monero...how?

Motivation is not to benefit Monero, it is to expose the scam and lies behind DRK.  You should get that given your signature and your references to that signature.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:40:03 PM

I think  you are missing that, monero, is actually doing what it is supposed to do from day 1.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:43:17 PM

so I should buy Monero to fund an 'anti-scam' troll group that trolls the competitors instead of developing Monero itself is what you are saying.

Buying monero doesn't fund anyone except those who sell to you (and the exchange where you buy, via their commission).

Unlike some insta-mined and pre-mined jokecoins, XMR is only available to those who buy it or legitimately mine it. (supposed botnets notwithstanding)

Please do NOT buy XMR, or do buy XMR, it makes very little difference to us who believe in Monero and are long in the markets. 
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:43:39 PM

Not saying I agree with attacking anothers threads, but as to why? I think Fluffponyza post here is why: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmjh9y

And some ignorant fool dared to complain about lack of PR initiatives.

My favorite card...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
illodin

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:46:41 PM

Not saying I agree with attacking anothers threads, but as to why? I think Fluffponyza post here is why: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmjh9y

My favorite card...

Did you get that card from Alpha Technology as a thank you?
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:49:09 PM

So we would all have to shut up, not calling out one of the largest scam going on? We would all have to shup up, including the lead devs who are also respected and knowledgeable members of the community appart from what they do with Monero. And why? Just because DRK pretends to be "private" and thus might look like it's competing with Monero? So we would have to self-censor on this one specific scam?

If paycoin had claimed to be anonymous, everybody in Monero would have to shut up and pretends it's all good and honest?

DRK fanboys complain that people keep bringing the instamine. Good luck, because it will be called out forever.
DRK first 24h of coins emission:  https://i.imgur.com/dSe9cRz.jpg

Everyone knows about the instamine. There have been tens of threads about it, with tens of thousands of views. The DRK community isn't even trying to hide it FFS! Do you guys think you're accomplishing something? My view is that very few people actually care about the instamine (outside of competitors), but hey, I could be wrong. That's why I played it safe and got into Monero.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:50:51 PM

I'm invested in both Monero and DRK. I don't care who wins. In terms of potential profit, I actually stand to gain more from Monero, just because the DRK-XMR rate was so favorable when I diversified. That being said, why are Monero lead devs trolling Darkcoin? Are you guys fucking brain dead? Do you not realize how terrible that looks? If you guys spent half as much time working as trolling, Monero might actually be usable by now. This criticism applies to Smooth in particular. Get your head out of your ass bud.

I think "investing" is about much more than profit. I would not feel good investing in military companies and profiting via war/killing.
Likewise, but on a much lesser level, I would not want to profit from an instamined coin who has potentially serious security issues. Another moral issue that I stay away from.
That is an investment in a future failure and it brings the whole ship down with it and does wonders for destroying the image of Crypto.

So, one should not equate brain dead people with exposing fraud, security issues, etc.
I'm not gonna name call but what do you call those who associate themselves with that?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:54:00 PM

My favorite card...

Did you get that card from Alpha Technology as a thank you?

LOL, you are on a troll, I mean roll. I lost 350 pounds with Alpha, 250 USD at Gox. I consider this a memory of crypto. A small price to have paid.
I did get my Monero back from the Mintpal scam a few weeks back, got in BTC relatively early, but thanks for your care! eheheh

Lots of Love to you,
Don't forget,
Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
illodin

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:02:20 PM

LOL, you are on a troll, I mean roll. I lost 350 pounds with Alpha, 250 USD at Gox. I consider this a memory of crypto. A small price to have paid.
I did get my Monero back from the Mintpal scam a few weeks back, got in BTC relatively early, but thanks for your care! eheheh

Lots of Love to you,
Don't forget,
Its about sharing

At the time I held grudges against ASICs and people buying them as I was mining with a small GPU rig myself and no desire to buy any ASIC as it was clear they would never ROI and would benefit only the companies making them (or pretending to make). But I accepted the fact that the time window of profitable small time mining had passed and got over it.
Pages: « 1 ... 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: