Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:46:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
IMET

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:31:00 AM

I'm not exactly sure why it went down; however, I went into the shop tonight and reset.  There was no hardware problems and we are running again.  Keep watching.  As I said in the past, I'm confident with the electronics hardware.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:41:03 AM

I never said there was ZERO tolerance by the forum mods. Personally I have zero tolerance for it and there are plenty of others who also have ZERO tolerance for race baiting and threats of violence etc. PG has a lot of issues unfortunately race is one of them and another is taking payola to keep quiet. Hard to respect someone that takes payment and then stops commenting completely.

My simple advice ignore those who are attempting to side track you and get back on point. Trying to get AMT to make you and other customers whole. Here is hoping that happens. It could be worse. It could be BFL.

Fair enough. The problem with the inane postings is the racism and useless info going into this. It sucks because it incites people into irrational behaviour that really is not needed in all this. I have been asking why...but they just go on and on about how I am a shill instead of answering my direct questions.

Agreed. But rise above ignore the trolls. Work with like minded people who want to get something back. Like I said this isn't BFL you are dealing with at least they admit some of their errors and they seem to be trying to resolve it... then again they could be lying SOB's who deserve nothing better than jail time. I say that in the spirit of I hope they get their fucking act together and everyone is made whole again. Unfortunately the majority of builders do not seem to think that customer satisfaction extends beyond getting hand on others coins.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:44:56 AM

I never said there was ZERO tolerance by the forum mods. Personally I have zero tolerance for it and there are plenty of others who also have ZERO tolerance for race baiting and threats of violence etc. PG has a lot of issues unfortunately race is one of them and another is taking payola to keep quiet. Hard to respect someone that takes payment and then stops commenting completely.

My simple advice ignore those who are attempting to side track you and get back on point. Trying to get AMT to make you and other customers whole. Here is hoping that happens. It could be worse. It could be BFL.

Fair enough. The problem with the inane postings is the racism and useless info going into this. It sucks because it incites people into irrational behaviour that really is not needed in all this. I have been asking why...but they just go on and on about how I am a shill instead of answering my direct questions.

Agreed. But rise above ignore the trolls. Work with like minded people who want to get something back. Like I said this isn't BFL you are dealing with at least they admit some of their errors and they seem to be trying to resolve it... then again they could be lying SOB's who deserve nothing better than jail time. I say that in the spirit of I hope they get their fucking act together and everyone is made whole again. Unfortunately the majority of builders do not seem to think that customer satisfaction extends beyond getting hand on others coins.

Agreed and good advice....thanks.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:03:55 AM

It amazes me that the person I once defended when Josh accused you of being a pedophile is accusing me of being a racist and taking payola, neither of which is true. I'm 54-years-old, and if either were true, I would declare such, e.g. all niggers are pieces of shit and BFL gave me Xs thousands of dollars to shut my motherfuckin' month. Since I've never said such, because neither is true, this is just a falsehood on Bick's part, of which I want to believe he's only spreading such because of what he perceives to be true based on my actions or lack thereof.

There is no reason in hell Bick should have the red-ass toward me, for I surely don't have it toward him. And, we're in the same camp pertaining to most issues, e.g. BFL and AMT.

Remember, I'm the dude that's dug up more shit on BFL, et al. than probably everybody else combined and, quite frankly, I'm outta ammo, sans sticking it up their ass for the Monach being late, but you guys have that covered.

Seriously, all, I was not paid one iota to keep a hands-off approach of BFL.

That said, I'll try this one more time: Peace, Bick.

~Bruno Kucinskas
opieum2

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:11:23 AM

It amazes me that the person I once defended when Josh accused you of being a pedophile is accusing me of being a racist and taking payola, neither of which is true. I'm 54-years-old, and if either were true, I would declare such, e.g. all niggers are pieces of shit and BFL gave me Xs thousands of dollars to shut my motherfuckin' month. Since I've never said such, because neither is true, this is just a falsehood on Bick's part, of which I want to believe he's only spreading such because of what he perceives to be true based on my actions or lack thereof.

There is no reason in hell Bick should have the red-ass toward me, for I surely don't have it toward him. And, we're in the same camp pertaining to most issues, e.g. BFL and AMT.

Remember, I'm the dude that's dug up more shit on BFL, et al. than probably everybody else combined and, quite frankly, I'm outta ammo, sans sticking it up their ass for the Monach being late, but you guys have that covered.

~Bruno Kucinskas

Actually  I am not Josh or AMT...its pretty obvious...my spelling and prose alone speak for itself. You seen how AMT writes? script vs Scrypt? Among other things. All said I will apologize for my accusation toward you. I looked at ALOT more posts you have thousands...a book could be compiled from your stuff alone....I am not convinced you are a shill. Whatever your motive is it is what it is..I apologize for the shill thing. The racist thing on the other hand....it is an issue. That said in the past you have generally been polite to me at least so at least in the interest of mutual respect (hopefully) I will at least respectfully disagree with the one point on what I see as racist comments. I still think the other two d-bags are paid shills tho, the get called out and all they can do is toss it back without replying to the original question.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:49:49 AM

~Bruno Kucinskas

Actually  I am not Josh or AMT...its pretty obvious...my spelling and prose alone speak for itself. You seen how AMT writes? script vs Scrypt? Among other things. All said I will apologize for my accusation toward you. I looked at ALOT more posts you have thousands...a book could be compiled from your stuff alone....I am not convinced you are a shill. Whatever your motive is it is what it is..I apologize for the shill thing. The racist thing on the other hand....it is an issue. That said in the past you have generally been polite to me at least so at least in the interest of mutual respect (hopefully) I will at least respectfully disagree with the one point on what I see as racist comments. I still think the other two d-bags are paid shills tho, the get called out and all they can do is toss it back without replying to the original question.

Fair enough. I'll try to tone down the JBF thingie, albeit it was just penned as banter and not once due to hatred, for I truly dislike the word hate.

I'll gone one further. A couple years ago when I introduced Bitcoin Leather, I had three fellow bitcoiners of Jewish descent order custom wallets with no money down. To this day they set in Martin's studio awaiting payment. Seriously, I'm not pissed at them cause they're Jewish, in fact, I'm not pissed at all. Just the cost of doing business. And, I'm not pissed at Jews or think ill of their race due to this. What does surprise me though is that one of them is a well-known Bitcoiner who refuses to reply to emails/PMs, but I won't go outta my way and call this particular guy a scammer over over $150, albeit he's on my RADAR and won't be afraid to call him out if I catch win of him conducting some sort of scam.

Freemasons are great people.
Jews are great people.
I would love to visit Bulgaria and meet those lovely folks.
I have no qualms with any of the above.

Early on, I thought you were a shill of AMT, but changed my mind up to a couple days ago. At this penning, I'll honestly take your word that you're not.

~Bruno Kucinskas
opieum2

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:35:44 AM

~Bruno Kucinskas

Fair enough. I'll try to tone down the JBF thingie, albeit it was just penned as banter and not once due to hatred, for I truly dislike the word hate.

I'll gone one further. A couple years ago when I introduced Bitcoin Leather, I had three fellow bitcoiners of Jewish descent order custom wallets with no money down. To this day they set in Martin's studio awaiting payment. Seriously, I'm not pissed at them cause they're Jewish, in fact, I'm not pissed at all. Just the cost of doing business. And, I'm not pissed at Jews or think ill of their race due to this. What does surprise me though is that one of them is a well-known Bitcoiner who refuses to reply to emails/PMs, but I won't go outta my way and call this particular guy a scammer over over $150, albeit he's on my RADAR and won't be afraid to call him out if I catch win of him conducting some sort of scam.

Freemasons are great people.
Jews are great people.
I would love to visit Bulgaria and meet those lovely folks.
I have no qualms with any of the above.

Early on, I thought you were a shill of AMT, but changed my mind up to a couple days ago. At this penning, I'll honestly take your word that you're not.

~Bruno Kucinskas

I can see how that would come across. I tend to be more pragmatic in my approach to dealings and I had not even gone through all (100+) posts at the time...but I had a tendency to wait it out. Once the March timeframe came and went is when I felt action needed to be taken. This situation really sucks overall. BUT there is headway being made to make people whole (the technobit solution is a fuckton better than the previous solution on quite a few levels, I will let AMT comment on the details as thats their area to do with). The class action gives us accountability over this whole mess now. So there is no other option BUT to address this. I am just making sure by working with them now on this whole crap, we get GOOD results. I really hate that we got crap machines. BUT now I and others have the option to contribute to something better that we all can benefit from...sure AMT benefits...it might even make them a better company after all this (since they cant repeat this mess as a class actions settlement likely would add that provision in there or its contempt of court). The goal ultimately really is to make sure the miners who got fucked get made whole. You had one of these miners given or bought or whatever...if you didn't use it ok, but I am sure you can to some degree understand our need for this based on the quality of the hardware alone. I really don't care if it was IMET or whoever. I just want to make sure the next group of products we get to replace this works well.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:54:02 PM

I got no follow up with AMT regarding the RMA.

Anyway,  I received a letter Friday from the Office of Attorney General in Pennsylvnia requesting additional information.

AMT legal woes going to turn to the worse.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
IMET

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:10:59 PM

Hmm, seems the system at IMET hiccuped (as expected). Went down last night & for most of today. Back up now at full speed. http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1PeLX5qNuRrEYVfFqm4tQC7LCj4Ed8N8j8

Interesting.  At least it came back to 1 TH/s.   No the same with the units that we got,  when it failed, it failed permanently.

I confirmed today that either the power or the Internet to the building went down as we had other computer hardware offline when we tried to start work this morning.  Keep watching.
marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 05:17:39 PM

Bick did you design something working lately ?
Cheesy

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:27:31 PM

Hmm, seems the system at IMET hiccuped (as expected). Went down last night & for most of today. Back up now at full speed. http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1PeLX5qNuRrEYVfFqm4tQC7LCj4Ed8N8j8

Interesting.  At least it came back to 1 TH/s.   No the same with the units that we got,  when it failed, it failed permanently.

I confirmed today that either the power or the Internet to the building went down as we had other computer hardware offline when we tried to start work this morning.  Keep watching.

Very interesting indeed!  Running for 4 days straight without any hiccups!

I thought these systems were fundamentally broken?   How is it that IMET is running the system continuously for 4 days without any hiccups?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:42:15 PM

I thought these systems were fundamentally broken?   How is it that IMET is running the system continuously for 4 days without any hiccups?

Its possible. Couple of reasons. One they have hardware they fixed...and are now mining with clearly. And its possible to have a working batch of hardware...To be honest they had an "outage" it could be that the hundreds of boards they they have could be replaced. I am just stating don't be so quick to believe them either. I had a working miner to start with for a few days before it systematically failed. It seems to be more like rolling the dice and hoping you get a lucky working device.

4 days is hardly a real benchmark with this hardware it seems anyway. There are other people here who had working devices for a bit longer than that and it started to fail later on. We don't know they could have a bunch of working miners there for all we know. We don't know. IMET could just as well be covering their own ass...but fact is they are mining with hardware. We don't know the situation as both sides have a reason to state its not their fault (regardless of whether it is or isn’t they have to do that for legal reasons to avoid liability)

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:09:19 PM

Its possible. Couple of reasons. One they have hardware they fixed...and are now mining with clearly. And its possible to have a working batch of hardware...To be honest they had an "outage" it could be that the hundreds of boards they they have could be replaced. I am just stating don't be so quick to believe them either. I had a working miner to start with for a few days before it systematically failed. It seems to be more like rolling the dice and hoping you get a lucky working device.

4 days is hardly a real benchmark with this hardware it seems anyway. There are other people here who had working devices for a bit longer than that and it started to fail later on. We don't know they could have a bunch of working miners there for all we know. We don't know. IMET could just as well be covering their own ass...but fact is they are mining with hardware. We don't know the situation as both sides have a reason to state its not their fault (regardless of whether it is or isn’t they have to do that for legal reasons to avoid liability)

Dude... a miner working for 4 days is better than any demonstration that AMT ever did.  Has AMT ever shown a working miner?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
IMET

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:24:34 PM

We have 100% yield on the printed circuit boards that AMT left and did not touch, and I have an AMT customer that can vouch for IMET in this case.  The only reason I did something with the stuff AMT left is because an AMT customer came here and was willing to put in the sweat equity as long as I provided guidance.  This is the reason why I had time to take on this project.  I thought that it would cause AMT to pay their bill in exchange for info on how to get working units out to the public instead of pulling chips off of boards or whatever they are doing now.  We did not fix, modify, or change any of the PCBs.  We did not replace any boards in the system after the power outage.  The only reason I was in the shop on Sunday was to pack up for the Medical Design and Manufacturing show we had this week in NYC.  There is no rolling of dice, and I'll leave it to the AMT customer if he wants to come forward.

We will keep this unit (which actually belongs to the AMT customer now) running, so keep watching.  We had no working miners here, we simply started by rebuilding the unit that the AMT customer brought here.  The system that he received only had two working hash boards out of 5.  Again, we did not fix, modify, or change any of the PCBs.  We replaced the 3 bad boards, and I had the AMT customer do all of the things that I suggested that AMT do while we were working with them.  We have other units up too.        
opieum2

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:46:08 PM

Interesting.  At least it came back to 1 TH/s.   No the same with the units that we got,  when it failed, it failed permanently.

I confirmed today that either the power or the Internet to the building went down as we had other computer hardware offline when we tried to start work this morning.  Keep watching.

Very interesting indeed!  Running for 4 days straight without any hiccups!

I thought these systems were fundamentally broken?   How is it that IMET is running the system continuously for 4 days without any hiccups?

We have 100% yield on the printed circuit boards that AMT left and did not touch, and I have an AMT customer that can vouch for IMET in this case.  The only reason I did something with the stuff AMT left is because an AMT customer came here and was willing to put in the sweat equity as long as I provided guidance.  This is the reason why I had time to take on this project.  I thought that it would cause AMT to pay their bill in exchange for info on how to get working units out to the public instead of pulling chips off of boards or whatever they are doing now.  We did not fix, modify, or change any of the PCBs.  We did not replace any boards in the system after the power outage.  The only reason I was in the shop on Sunday was to pack up for the Medical Design and Manufacturing show we had this week in NYC.  There is no rolling of dice, and I'll leave it to the AMT customer if he wants to come forward.

We will keep this unit (which actually belongs to the AMT customer now) running, so keep watching.  We had no working miners here, we simply started by rebuilding the unit that the AMT customer brought here.  The system that he received only had two working hash boards out of 5.  Again, we did not fix, modify, or change any of the PCBs.  We replaced the 3 bad boards, and I had the AMT customer do all of the things that I suggested that AMT do while we were working with them.  We have other units up too.        

So why was a customer allowed to go in and get the miner? He put in the work to pick it up and that’s it? I get there is a dispute between AMT and IMET, I am just wondering how it was a customer was able to get a miner from your location? All said its kinda interesting if you solved the issues and AMT is not running with this......I am just pointing out that its better to keep a certain amount of scepticism until its certain that things are what they indeed appear to be....

If you are making arrangements for customers to get hardware like that....what is the arrangement? Sounds like its possible to get hardware from you directly? Customers could do this? Is there an added cost involved for those not skilled to put in the "sweat equity"?

IMET

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:57:15 PM

Interesting.  At least it came back to 1 TH/s.   No the same with the units that we got,  when it failed, it failed permanently.

I confirmed today that either the power or the Internet to the building went down as we had other computer hardware offline when we tried to start work this morning.  Keep watching.

I thought these systems were fundamentally broken?   How is it that IMET is running the system continuously for 4 days without any hiccups?

So why was a customer allowed to go in and get the miner? He put in the work to pick it up and that’s it? I get there is a dispute between AMT and IMET, I am just wondering how it was a customer was able to get a miner from your location? All said its kinda interesting if you solved the issues and AMT is not running with this......I am just pointing out that its better to keep a certain amount of scepticism until its certain that things are what they indeed appear to be....

If you are making arrangements for customers to get hardware like that....what is the arrangement? Sounds like its possible to get hardware from you directly? Customers could do this? Is there an added cost involved for those not skilled to put in the "sweat equity"?

The customer got the miner directly from AMT.  I just helped him get it working.  We are not supplying hardware.  AMT has most of it anyway as we allowed them to take receipt based on prior dealings and a check that we didn't suspect would bounce.  The AMT customer put in the sweat equity and I put in the money to get where we are right now.  I figured I would see this through as I am interested in this market.
opieum2

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:13:14 PM

The customer got the miner directly from AMT.  I just helped him get it working.  We are not supplying hardware.  AMT has most of it anyway as we allowed them to take receipt based on prior dealings and a check that we didn't suspect would bounce.  The AMT customer put in the sweat equity and I put in the money to get where we are right now.  I figured I would see this through as I am interested in this market.

Fair point. Thanks for clearing it up. You have to understand (if you read through these forums much) how any detail left out is left up to scrutiny. But knowing this helps all of us understand to some degree what is going on.

IMET

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:17:45 PM

Fair point. Thanks for clearing it up. You have to understand (if you read through these forums much) how any detail left out is left up to scrutiny. But knowing this helps all of us understand to some degree what is going on.
No problem at all. 
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:56:44 PM

Just to clarify what you are saying.

The customer came in with 3 bad boards,  you replaced them, and now they are working for 4 days straight?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
IMET

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:17:47 PM

Just to clarify what you are saying.

The customer came in with 3 bad boards,  you replaced them, and now they are working for 4 days straight?

The customer came in with a half built unit with 5 hash boards installed.  He received the unit earlier in the day (just about 4 weeks ago or so) and brought it to IMET.  We did not try to power the unit. Instead, we took it all apart and tested one hash board at a time.  2 of the 5 hash boards received worked.  I showed the customer how to test hash boards and gave him a rack of hash boards right from our stock that were never delivered to AMT.  He went through the whole rack and saw 100% yield.  I gave him 3 working hash boards, and we spent 3 weeks working the pieces of the design that were flawed.  We never laid a soldering iron on the PCBs.  They worked fine out of the gate.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: