Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:13:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:24:32 AM

Ok guys, so obviously we have very little trust in AMT as a company. Lets go ahead and show that by leaving it in their trust section. Don't make things ups. Don't put any BS about jew/bulgarian /mason/gimps as it makes the complaints against them less serious. If we really want to protect other site users from falling into the same issues we did then it's time we used the tools designed by the site to do so.

If you don't know how, just click the trust link under their member name. On the page that pops up click trust settings and add AMT to your trusted list, this allows the trust level to be displayed under their username. I saw that a few people had left untrusted feedback which does not seem to affect the trust level that displays with their posts. I've notified them privately so that they can correct this if they desire.

Lets pull together on this rather than having all the infighting with each other. We didn't fuck each other over, AMT fucked us over and its time we acted like it.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:28:54 AM

Ok guys, so obviously we have very little trust in AMT as a company. Lets go ahead and show that by leaving it in their trust section. Don't make things ups. Don't put any BS about jew/bulgarian /mason/gimps as it makes the complaints against them less serious. If we really want to protect other site users from falling into the same issues we did then it's time we used the tools designed by the site to do so.

If you don't know how, just click the trust link under their member name. On the page that pops up click trust settings and add AMT to your trusted list, this allows the trust level to be displayed under their username. I saw that a few people had left untrusted feedback which does not seem to affect the trust level that displays with their posts. I've notified them privately so that they can correct this if they desire.

Lets pull together on this rather than having all the infighting with each other. We didn't fuck each other over, AMT fucked us over and its time we acted like it.
+1 this is how it should have been all along. Thanks for being the voice of reason.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
rik_khaos

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:38:47 AM

+1 this is how it should have been all along. Thanks for being the voice of reason.

I don't always like to be reasonable. But when I do, it's because some fucker screwed me over.

opieum2

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:40:46 AM

I don't always like to be reasonable. But when I do, it's because some fucker screwed me over.

I think you need to have this to go with that phrase....

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:40:50 AM

I even entitled it Joshua Zipkin, in honor of Bitcoin's favorite Son o' a Bitch, and for some SEO juice.

YourPalToots (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:31:10 PM

http://www.stopfraud.gov/
rik_khaos

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:39:03 PM

I've already made reports to the FTC and the IC3. In April. I've received nothing from them. I'll have to give them a call about my file number, the FTC anyway.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:49:32 PM

Aw, how cute. AMT continues to censor their thread ineffectively.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Last batch has shipped out. Everyone accept specific customers, and lead plaintiffs has received or will have their miners with in the next 2-7 days.

It's been more than 7 days. Everyone's miner has been delivered, right???

Buy & Hold
athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:30:49 AM

I think they are mistakenly thinking they only had one customer... not the hundreds of customers that haven't received working miners... unless they are counting the broken ones they shipped.
rik_khaos

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:52:31 AM

I think they are mistakenly thinking they only had one customer... not the hundreds of customers that haven't received working miners... unless they are counting the broken ones they shipped.

Nope those were recalled so our houses wouldn't burn down. It was the smartest thing AMT has done so far. Though for some reason as far as the members of the forum are aware of, mine was the only that was actually received. If other had theirs bitcoin grills received they haven't been around to let us know. Then they just told everyone to hell with it they will replace the miners and have faith that everyone will send theirs in stiil. Looks like I got suckered out of some free chips by following their procedure. I do everything as they have instructed and have documentation of that fact. So my ass should be covered if I have to bring a stand alone lawsuit.

If they pierce the corporate veil maybe I'll have a house out in PA in a year or so. I'll even sell it back to Mr. Zipkin if he would like to buy it back from me. I'll even sell it to him on favorable terms because I'm the bigger man.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:45:36 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 06:31:27 AM by captin crunch

Thanks for the link. I went and checked it out and noticed you can file a mail fraud complaint through them.

I suggest anyone who sent AMT a check through the mail to file one. along with possibly a cyber crime and wire fraud complaint.

Also, thanks Rik for the "negative trust" idea.  I just added mine.

I wanted to believe AMT would fallow through, but I am done kidding myself.

I have moved on from denial and I am now smack dab in the middle of anger Angry

Edit: When I submit my trust feedback it ends up in red in their trusted feedback even though I check the box for negative feedback. anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I want it in the untrusted feedback.

rik_khaos

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:03:00 AM

Thanks for the link. I went and checked it out and noticed you can file a mail fraud complaint through them.

I suggest anyone who sent AMT a check through the mail to file one. along with possibly a cyber crime and wire fraud complaint.

Also, thanks Rik for the "negative trust" idea.  I just added mine.

I wanted to believe AMT would fallow through, but I am done kidding myself.

I have moved on from denial and I am now smack dab in the middle of anger Angry

Edit: When I submit my trust feedback it ends up in red in their trusted feedback even though I check the box for negative feedback. anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

You want it the trusted feedback section, it doesn't mean that you trust them now so much as it means it was a situation where you did trust them. If you click that it's a negative feedback it counts against and shows that they broke that trust.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:24:47 PM

"trusted" feedback is from people *you* have in your "trust" list. Typically that is yourself and a few admins here.
"untrusted" feedback is from the rest of the people.
"negative" feedback is in red.
"positive" feedback is in black.

Buy & Hold
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:37:25 PM

Reposting a post that was posted to the wrong thread ("New Official AMT Thread") and then deleted
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

So how many days till the boat shows up before the miners begin their long slow journey across the pacific? Undecided

In that thread, AMT is asking for people who have complaints to buy more from them.  Amazing.

But at least he has now posted photos that prove, beyond a shade of doubt, that some person who may look like him was at some time sitting somewhere next to an Oriental-looking guy and some cardboard boxes that contained some black boxes, or were photoshopped to look that way.  So, why are you guys still complaining?  What else do you want?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
YourPalToots (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:14:48 PM

Before the AMT deletion bot hits

Why dont you guys buy some more hardware, we're selling again to try and bring in revenue to help fulfill MPP right.  Or keep complaining and trashing our rep, either way its beyond us at this point.

Thanks

AMT. 

Buy more hardware? You haven't delivered the hardware ordered last Dec. yet.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:20:17 PM

AMT delete bot hit... Now they don't even want answers to the questions they ask. WTF is wrong with those people?

Why dont you guys buy some more hardware

Because there's ~0% chance you'll ship the hardware in a reasonable amount of time.

Buy & Hold
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:52:36 AM

A judge does not have to understand the bitcoin protocol to understand that, by delivering some prepaid goods 6+ months after the date due, a merchant can cause substantial loss to a client -- a loss that is not compensated by delivering said goods or some other vaguely similar goods.  Consider a baker that delivers a wedding cake six months after the marriage ceremony.  People should consult a lawyer if possible, but I would expect any small-claims court to award the client with full refund AND indemnity for the loss.

If the client can show that the merchant also lied about the goods being on their way, it makes matters much worse, because it shows bad faith.  Even worse if the cake that was delivered was half-baked and smelled of rotten fish.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:42:39 PM

[ Replying here since a post on the AMT official thread could get deleted. ]

And yea this can qualify as a threat.

Indeed, trying to to get money from a scammer by force or harassment would a stupid idea, it will almost certainly turn the tables in court and cost you much more than what he stole from you.

There is no easy and quick way to recover scammed money, unfortunately.  The only way that may work is through the courts.  Since the company may have no assets left, it may have to be a criminal process in order to get the scammer's personal property seized.  You must check with a lawyer.

opieum2

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:24:20 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 02:54:35 PM by opieum2

[ Replying here since a post on the AMT official thread could get deleted. ]

And yea this can qualify as a threat.

Indeed, trying to to get money from a scammer by force or harassment would a stupid idea, it will almost certainly turn the tables in court and cost you much more than what he stole from you.

There is no easy and quick way to recover scammed money, unfortunately.  The only way that may work is through the courts.  Since the company may have no assets left, it may have to be a criminal process in order to get the scammer's personal property seized.  You must check with a lawyer.

As an FYI might want to quote the whole thing in context so people know what was really said. This was in regards to a *percieved* (legal term) physical threat made to AMT by another user....not a smart thing to do if you don't want to deal with the unintended consequences. And with the eroding free speech laws, it is smarter to frame any disgruntled comments in a manner that does not come off as a physical threat or something that can legally be used against you (hence tables turned). Quote the whole discussion and not a single line as it is taken way out of context here.

Quoted in FULL context:

Fuck the bullshit.  AMT is full of crap.  Don't be fooled by another lie.  They are actively deleting posts.  

Quote from: AMT_miners on August 05, 2014, 02:24:34 PM

USED a shipping agent, not DHL directly. It was cheaper.

Wow!  I somewhat believed that AMT would make everyone "whole".  After this comment I am afraid that everyone is fucked.  What a shitty move by AMT.

Enough is enough.  If anyone has a recent address for these pieces of shit, please PM me.  Somethings needs to finally be done.

My offer is still open.  Send me the address of these assholes and action will be taken.

That is pretty much an implied physical threat. Sending you the address and ACTION being taken IS a physical threat. You may not specify WHAT actions you will take but you identified action. Just thought you might want to parse out exactly what you plan to do vs stating it. At least so you cover your ass cause a number of things could happen from that statement alone...law enforcement could get involved (and they have with other cases for ALOT less (google LOL player goes to jail for threats), just sayin, yea its frustrating and the situation is rage inducing...but gotta keep your head otherwise it can turn on you badly. Just a small word of advice on that. There are ways to handle these situations, but threats like that set you up to get the tables turned on you.

Oh and FYI I asked my cousin who is a cop without outing you. And yea this can qualify as a threat. I recommend editing the post to clarify your actions before it gets taken out of whatever context you had in mind.

opieum2

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:53:22 PM

A judge does not have to understand the bitcoin protocol to understand that, by delivering some prepaid goods 6+ months after the date due, a merchant can cause substantial loss to a client -- a loss that is not compensated by delivering said goods or some other vaguely similar goods.  Consider a baker that delivers a wedding cake six months after the marriage ceremony.  People should consult a lawyer if possible, but I would expect any small-claims court to award the client with full refund AND indemnity for the loss.

If the client can show that the merchant also lied about the goods being on their way, it makes matters much worse, because it shows bad faith.  Even worse if the cake that was delivered was half-baked and smelled of rotten fish.

This actually is valid. From a court perspective...the only thing is the complaint would need to be airtight. This is the main problem I always had with the class action to begin with. It was a poorly framed (not the lead plantiffs fault, the lawyers should have been better about that) complaint, that had enough holes in it to drive a truck through figuratively speaking. It is why we are still waiting and the class action is not certified. In all likelihood lawyers probably saw there was no chance for a recovery here since they were working on consignment as it is.

IF a new suit were to be filed, then it would need to be very clear on damages and demonstrate material damage via actual numbers (which would require loss of profit from lead plantiff order date to the date complaint is filed which is easily done with a spreadsheet that shows closing price on BTC for each day and mining profits based on a given amount of THs. This can also be quanitfied via hardware depreciation (difficulty level can be used to some degree but more relevant would be technology asset depreciation) Also IF a new lawsuit were to be filed then it would also need to demonstrate if there were bait and switch tactics involved it would need to be clear, ALSO specifically citing any FTC regulations to back up any allegations. When leveling the complaint it has to be done citing prior case law or laws on the books as footnotes in order for a judge to look it over more throughly. This is where the original complaint failed miserably. It was a lazy attempt at a complaint. If they (lawyers) had put it together right, they would cite prior cases OR laws on the books. It makes it easier to argue out of it. And now this is where things are at.

As you said....they judge does not need to know about bitcoin. Just needs to see the numbers and details of the situation in terms of loss.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: