Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
YourPalToots (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:59:31 PM

Hmm check that the connection to the PI is also secure. It should be 192.168.0.188 or 192.168.1.188. Consider it a unique branding of your miner as Joshua Zipkin stupidly had them configured with unique IPs, which indicates STRONGLY that he mined with this hardware before shipping it as each machine has a unique configuration vs a standard one with a test pool. Instead it was mining at f2pool with the user kusmet which is bulgarian for luck.

But at any rate one of those two IPs mentioned will get you up and running.

Again, I've tried both of those.

I've tried them over my network.

I've tried them plugging my network cable directly into my laptop.

Will the raspi network led light when it's just plugged in?
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:06:05 PM

You wont see a light on the ethernet port on the miner itself, but yea the Raspi itself should be showing some kind of connectivity. Could be a bad cable. Could be a bad cable. Try another cable directly into the Raspi itself (open up the case). It is possible the Raspi ethernet port itself is bad. Alternately plugin and HDMI cable into the raspi and hook it up to a monitor. Post the output if there are errors. Might be able to help you out better if I see whats going on under the hood.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:14:35 PM

You wont see a light on the ethernet port on the miner itself, but yea the Raspi itself should be showing some kind of connectivity. Could be a bad cable. Could be a bad cable. Try another cable directly into the Raspi itself (open up the case). It is possible the Raspi ethernet port itself is bad. Alternately plugin and HDMI cable into the raspi and hook it up to a monitor. Post the output if there are errors. Might be able to help you out better if I see whats going on under the hood.

I've tried different cables that are known to work.

I've plugged in into a HDMI monitor but nothing shows up.

I've taken the SD card out and plugged that into a known working raspi (networking, HDMI, etc) but I don't get network or HDMI with the AMT SD card.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:55:16 PM

If you've used the Antminers before I'm sure you're already aware of this, but if your network is on some other subnet you are manually setting the IP on your laptop to 192.168.0.xxx and the mask to 255.255.0.0, correct?
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:12:58 PM

If you've used the Antminers before I'm sure you're already aware of this, but if your network is on some other subnet you are manually setting the IP on your laptop to 192.168.0.xxx and the mask to 255.255.0.0, correct?

Yes, that is correct.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:18:34 PM

BTW, Thx to opieum2 and MrTeal for your assistance.
opieum2

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:24:51 PM

lol np, Considering AMT has abandoned us to our own devices and passed the buck to me to support users. I am sure that will go over in court and the FTC considering I have nothing to do with them. I am just someone who is here to help.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:32:17 PM

lol np, Considering AMT has abandoned us to our own devices and passed the buck to me to support users. I am sure that will go over in court and the FTC considering I have nothing to do with them. I am just someone who is here to help.

I'm really not concerned with the politics of it all. I know many have lost a lot of money including myself. People are hurt and angry but I just want to get this thing up and going.

so now, back to troubleshooting.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:37:03 PM

If you plug a stock Raspian image into the AMT miner, does it boot into Linux?

If so, I'd imagine the AMT card and/or image is bad. See if you can get a working image from someone on the forum.
opieum2

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:27:05 PM

If so, I'd imagine the AMT card and/or image is bad. See if you can get a working image from someone on the forum.

I will need to create one. I had one already made but it had issues. I am setting up a new one from a default image backup I will be uploading.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:24:06 PM

I will need to create one. I had one already made but it had issues. I am setting up a new one from a default image backup I will be uploading.

That would be very helpful. Thank you.
opieum2

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:02:44 PM

The image will be very large as it will be a raw image of the original SDcard. 7.8Gb. I expect to have it ready by late afternoon/evening today. I will post a torrent and leave it seeding.

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:04:14 PM

The image will be very large as it will be a raw image of the original SDcard. 7.8Gb. I expect to have it ready by late afternoon/evening today. I will post a torrent and leave it seeding.
You need to have the raw full image, but it compresses quite well.
opieum2

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:04:46 PM

You need to have the raw full image, but it compresses quite well.

Yes that is exactly right. I will be compressing it after. But still will be rather large regardless. It will be a DD raw image just to make sure everything is as it should be.

mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:25:57 PM

If its convenient I would also like a copy. I did get the miner they sent me up and running, but it will only hash at 850-900Mh/s.

A word to the wise, if you get the miner running, leave it on 128 diff on the miner side. I tried to run it at 1024 diff on the miner side and it caused the miner to crash. I also left the defaults of 1000, but 1050 doesn't seem to do much more for me. I assume 1050 means overclocking?

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:29:13 PM

If its convenient I would also like a copy. I did get the miner they sent me up and running, but it will only hash at 850-900Mh/s.

A word to the wise, if you get the miner running, leave it on 128 diff on the miner side. I tried to run it at 1024 diff on the miner side and it caused the miner to crash. I also left the defaults of 1000, but 1050 doesn't seem to do much more for me. I assume 1050 means overclocking?

I will post it as a torrent and seed it for anyone who needs it. I got a pretty fast connection 150/150Mbps so it should download fast.

opieum2

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:15:24 PM

FYI Authorities both federal and local authorities are watching this forum like hawks now. Let's just say I have it on good authority on the matter. So I would suggest those of you who have been scammed by AMT start telling your story. If you have not previously posted please post. If not then at least file a report with the FTC ASAP. Joshua Zipkin/AMT is also on the hook here and ready to go down.

For those with any order at any status you have the instructions to contact the authorities. I also recommend contacting the FTC and placing a complaint with them as well if you have not. It is critical that you do this even if you have plans to take this to court on your own.

opieum2

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:26:35 AM

torrent link for AMT image. I am seeding it. It has a default IP of 192.168.0.245 OR 192.168.1.245 Either way its def one of those IPs. This is the original shipping image with the ONLY modification being the IP.

http://goo.gl/L5DT1B

mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:16:10 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 04:48:15 PM by mrpark

I sent AMT miners $6,000 by Bank wire on Nov of 2013. When the promised delivery date came and went, (Feb 2014) there was no miner. I tried calling and emailing, they did not respond. So I began contacting and filing with anyone who would listen, the FTC, IC3.org etc. This made AMT FURIOUS at me, so they send me a machine that was literally wrapped in cardboard with hardly any packing on the front and back of the machine. The machine came, but it was in pieces, glass everywhere, smashed etc. It looked like they took it in a field and hit it with crowbars. Anyway, I chased them for a long time to return the broken machine, but they were playing games, even turning around on the forum blaming me for not returning the machine. Finally, they gave me a fed ex number to return the machine when I cornered them. They told me to UPS back the machine, but they never picked up the machine. They did this to me 3 times, telling me to send it, but not picking it up. Even the last time they told me to send back this broken machine, they were not even at the address they told me to return it to.  I still have the broken machine, but it is so badly broken it is really not good for anything. I asked for a refund and AMT said "everyone is getting a refund but you, since you complained you are not eligible for a refund" In an attempt to quiet me, they posted my real name and town on the forums, and members were able to see my exact address from googling my name and town.

Fast forward to just recently, They did finally send me a machine from China but it was again one of the ones on the "Naughty list", (people they didn't like). It had no power supply, which should be obvious that it didn't work. Josh told me they would send me a power supply, but again they were hesitant. Eventally, I did get the power supply, and installed it, but the "Naught list" miner does not work properly, it runs slower then even the originally advertised machine. Basically running at Gigahash instead of Terahash. The machine were filtly, had black soot all over the machine like it was being used for a long time.  Even if it did work, the machine the list price by AMT is only $899. (not even worth that since it doesn't work). So I believe I am still owed $5,100 if you don't count all the lost time and bitcoins income. There was also a contract about MPP, if ever the hardware became unprofitable we were supposed to be compensated. However, whenever it was brought up to AMT, their response was always a refusal to honor it.  It would be impossible at todays prices to use the bitcoin miner to break even, and that was what the MPP was supposed to protect against.

Again, just recently they emailed me and said "Please understand that writing crap like that will absolutely 100% not get you a refund", again they were trying to keep my quiet from telling others about being ripped off by AMT. 

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:29:33 PM

I sent AMT miners $6,000 by Bank wire on Nov of 2013. When the promised delivery date came and went, (Feb 2014) there was no miner. I tried calling and emailing, they did not respond. So I began contacting and filing with anyone who would listen, the FTC, IC3.org etc. This made AMT FURIOUS at me, so they send me a machine that was literally wrapped in cardboard with hardly any packing on the front and back of the machine. The machine came, but it was in pieces, glass everywhere, smashed etc. It looked like they took it in a field and hit it with crowbars. Anyway, I chased them for a long time to return the broken machine, but they were playing games, even turning around on the forum blaming me for not returning the machine. Finally, they gave me a fed ex number to return the machine when I cornered them. They told me to UPS back the machine, but they never picked up the machine. They did this to me 3 times, telling me to send it, but not picking it up. Even the last time they told me to send back this broken machine, they were not even at the address they told me to return it to.  I still have the broken machine, but it is so badly broken it is really not good for anything. I asked for a refund and AMT said "everyone is getting a refund but you, since you complained you are not eligible for a refund" In an attempt to quiet me, they posted my real name and town on the forums, and members were able to see my exact address from googling my name and town.

Fast forward to just recently, They did finally send me a machine from China but it was again one of the ones on the "Naughty list", (people they didn't like). It had no power supply, which should be obvious that it didn't work. Josh told me they would send me a power supply, but again they were hesitant. Eventally, I did get the power supply, and installed it, but the "Naught list" miner does not work properly, it runs slower then even the originally advertised machine. Basically running at Gigahash instead of Terahash. The machine were filtly, had black soot all over the machine like it was being used for a long time.  Even if it did work, the machine the list price by AMT is only $899. (not even worth that since it doesn't work). So I believe I am still owed $5,100 if you don't count all the lost time and bitcoins income.

Again, just recently they emailed me and said "Please understand that writing crap like that will absolutely 100% not get you a refund", again they were trying to keep my quiet from telling others about being ripped off by AMT.

FYI for anyone else reading, please note that AMT's threats are empty and illegal I too was threatened by them and they posted my personal information online (home address) as well as stating I did classified (High level) work for the government which is a false statement. They have no legal leg to stand on just considering all this behavior. As it is there are various law enforcement agencies working to address this matter in a criminal manner. I won't go into details but I have been trying to coordinate efforts on that front and providing a clearinghouse of information for them as well. There is the civil class action case as well. I won't speak to other civil matters, but I can imagine its coming as well. If you STILL have not complained to the FTC (and I know of some of you have orders in excess of 100k), report this to the FTC or the FBI.

BFL attempted to cover their tracks. I can unequivocally state that Joshua Zipkin AMT is an idiot version of BFL / Josh Zerlan and Sonny Vlesidies who has no technical skills to handle these things. Joshua Zipkin blabbed incessantly about how he was getting away with things. The chats are out there to prove it. The government has the resources to get the information directly from Microsoft (who owns skype now). So this matter is simple to prove in court under his own words. I URGE everyone who was robbed by him to contact both the FBI (who reports to the US Attorney general that would press the criminal charges) AND the FTC would would remand the matter either way to the US Attorney general. Your own lawsuit at this point might get some results but you would be responsible for collection which could prove costly and fruitless as Joshua Zipkin is always looking to get away with things.

If you are international also contact these agencies most of you (customers) have the information you need to proceed to contact. It creates a report for them even if you are not a US citizen. AMT is a US registered company so it MUST comply with the laws the US has stated. It took some time, but the government is acting on behalf of the people.

I urge you all to tell your story here as well so there is a well documented record in addition to whatever the legal actions do. This provides everyone else with the knowledge to not get ripped off by Joshua Zipkin ever again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: