Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:23:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:25:07 AM

BItcoin has stabilized at 200 USD. So calculate what you need and count the extra as a bonus.

Yep i guess 200 dollar is the current market value of bitcoin, however its intrinsic value is much higher (i`d say about 400-500$ now)

Its nice to see that the 200 $ support held for almost a 1 year, even though we experienced a 10% inflation since then.

So it really looks as if 200$ is the minimum bottom price that it will ever hit again Smiley

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:32:40 AM

BItcoin has stabilized at 200 USD. So calculate what you need and count the extra as a bonus.

200 was the last previous stabilization, now we can call 250 stable, and within one or two months we can touch 300 and be stable

and surely this is not reflecting its real value, you can calculate based on current price, with the immense potential of bitcoin, it would also mean having 5k bitcoin at very least, no one will buy such amount
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:36:40 PM

bitcoin hasnt a limit of where it can reach above soo those makes the speculation become very interesting the same way as gold did some years ago
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 01:59:13 PM

The best way and without any thinking is to just mine as many as you can you never know how many you'll be needing

You'd need a big ass pile of cash to start mining in a meaningful manner now. Those days are a pretty much gone for the little people.

The only realistic way to make Bitcoin that involves mining is mining the right altcoin and selling at the right time. Namely, mining altcoin number "8393589" while its cheap and easy. Wait for the pump. Sell right at the top. Profit.
If you did this with some coins such as Darkcoin, Nautiluscoin, Doge, Monero... and tons other, you could have made tons and tons of money.
So what you're saying is, if you guessed the lottery numbers correctly week after week, you could've made tons and tons of money.

I agree.

Of course is a lottery, but you have better odds than in regular lotery where it's raw luck. In the altcoin pump and dump business, you can take somewhat informed guesses on what is a good coin and what chances does it have to eventually get a decent pump. For example, right now Maidsafe is extremely undervalued. Buy tons over 10k and wait for a while until a big pump happens. Maidsafe is a legit and huge project that will go really far.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:10:48 PM

In many places of this forum bitcoin's target value was set at 10.000$ so you should be fine with 100btc,
it depends on at what age you'd be retiring 1.000.000 would make for a very comfortable living
knowhow

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:17:17 PM

i believe in bitcoin but 1 bitcoin at 10000 dollars sounds unreal,soo my bet here it would be it reach 1500 dollars on maturity and i guess 400bitcoins would be enought
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:20:56 PM

i believe in bitcoin but 1 bitcoin at 10000 dollars sounds unreal,soo my bet here it would be it reach 1500 dollars on maturity and i guess 400bitcoins would be enought

1500 dollars per coin would make it a negligible presence in global terms. It would be of zero use to commerce or finance. If it stalled at that level it would eventually drop back and fade away when it became clear that genuine adoption would never happen.

A $1500 valuation would make Bitcoin's market cap smaller than Bangladesh's secondary stock exchange. That's not exactly stellar in terms of world finance.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:47:22 AM

1500 dollars per coin would make it a negligible presence in global terms. It would be of zero use to commerce or finance. If it stalled at that level it would eventually drop back and fade away when it became clear that genuine adoption would never happen.

A $1500 valuation would make Bitcoin's market cap smaller than Bangladesh's secondary stock exchange. That's not exactly stellar in terms of world finance.
you can repeatedly explain a basic concept to some people 100x and they still won't understand. It's clear some people do not have the capacity to understand these numbers, all they can think is "it's too good to be true so it can't happen".
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:53:47 AM

Yep just look at it, ther will be a massive shift of wealth from the top 1% to another top 1%, hopefully the bitcoin rich guys have better morals than the current elite.

I like rich people, i also like poor people, but folks all we need mostly is people who can create wealth for all of us, and not for those who strip it away our hard earned money like with the current pension system.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:18:48 PM

Yep just look at it, ther will be a massive shift of wealth from the top 1% to another top 1%, hopefully the bitcoin rich guys have better morals than the current elite.

I like rich people, i also like poor people, but folks all we need mostly is people who can create wealth for all of us, and not for those who strip it away our hard earned money like with the current pension system.

The current elite will continue to be wealthy. It is just that there will be another class of wealthy guys, who made it through Bitcoin.
Diversification is always good.
knowhow

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:09:32 PM

all know bitcoin potencial is unlimited but let me ask you would you pay 10k dollars for 1 bitcoin? some people paid 1000 dollars and regret it ,anyway  i believe on potencial but i guess to retire on the next 20 years i  dont see bitcoin on such value may happen
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:10:06 AM

all know bitcoin potencial is unlimited but let me ask you would you pay 10k dollars for 1 bitcoin? some people paid 1000 dollars and regret it ,anyway  i believe on potencial but i guess to retire on the next 20 years i  dont see bitcoin on such value may happen

Berkshire Hathaway shares cost over $215,000 yet people still buy them. Why? They rise in value. You can also buy fractions of them just like that pesky Bitcoin stuff.
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:28:18 AM

you can repeatedly explain a basic concept to some people 100x and they still won't understand. It's clear some people do not have the capacity to understand these numbers, all they can think is "it's too good to be true so it can't happen".

Quoted for truth again.

@Greenstox: That's not gonna happen. bitcoiners are not going to be any more "moral" than the general population. In fact, as we've seen, We've attracted many hackers and scammers and illegal dark market users so far.

@botany: Yep. There are more "new rich" now than there has ever been in history. Never has there been something like facebook or google that literally made 1000 millionaires just like that. We are living in the best time in history, although I do wish I was born about 200 years later. The difference would probably be like the difference between life in 1800 and now, maybe even larger because of exponential improvements in technology.

But if bitcoin really takes off and I have enough of them when it does, then I have no complaints Cheesy
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:31:06 AM

The current elite will continue to be wealthy. It is just that there will be another class of wealthy guys, who made it through Bitcoin.
Diversification is always good.

This would be the very few, assuming its the ones that havent created anything, but just held on or shorted for profit and bought back in at right times.

Its a rare case, but there will be a small percent who made a good sum if value goes up, but the value discussion has been going on for last 4 years lol. Not to be a downer or anything.
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:45:06 AM

This would be the very few, assuming its the ones that havent created anything, but just held on or shorted for profit and bought back in at right times.

Its a rare case, but there will be a small percent who made a good sum if value goes up, but the value discussion has been going on for last 4 years lol. Not to be a downer or anything.

This is also true. I think some people on this forum has this idea that every bitcoin early adopter is going to be filthy rich. That's just not going to happen. There will be very few people who will make any significant amount from bitcoins (assuming bitcoin succeeds), and of those, most of them will be people who already have money like the winklevoss brothers.

The number of middle class people with the guts to bet a very significant amount of their wealth on bitcoin is not that high.

There might some people making a few thousands or a few ten thousands, and they might be happy with that kind of a gain. But the ones who make millions (not 1 million, 1 million doesn't do much these days) will be very few. I suspect that it will be less than the number of multimillionaires google or facebook made. Especially if we ignore the people who are already multimillionaires to begin with, and only count newly minted ones.
errornone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

error

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:21:25 AM

if people aren't spending bitcoins - that's what i see/read around here; everybody is waiting for the price to sky rocket - this means we are creating our own bubble and we will 'die' in it! We only buy bitcoins, so the price at this moment is above, super above of what a bitcoin really value.

Until the market starts to flow naturally - peoples actually using bitcoin in their purchases - we don't know the real price of it! actually, the current price is OVERRATED for sure, because people only BUYS it!!!!!

error
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:25:27 AM

if people aren't spending bitcoins - that's what i see/read around here; everybody is waiting for the price to sky rocket - this means we are creating our own bubble and we will 'die' in it! We only buy bitcoins, so the price at this moment is above, super above of what a bitcoin really value.

Until the market starts to flow naturally - peoples actually using bitcoin in their purchases - we don't know the real price of it! actually, the current price is OVERRATED for sure, because people only BUYS it!!!!!
Already flowing. Scarcity provides value along with utility.
Its more complex than you think.
errornone

error

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:34:59 AM

i know that!

21million bitcoins for 7billion people, makes 1bitcoin to worth maybe millions! i don't know!

But at the moment, 270$ maybe a 'bubble price'! at the moment the real price is lower than this number.

error
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:37:51 AM

i know that!

21million bitcoins for 7billion people, makes 1bitcoin to worth maybe millions! i don't know!

But at the moment, 270$ maybe a 'bubble price'! at the moment the real price is lower than this number.
You're working under the assumption that bitcoins will work exactly in the same way USD or Euro or RMB works. But bitcoins could be a store of value rather than a working currency. You don't "spend" gold everyday, yet gold is valuable and continues to be valuable. There are many ways bitcoin could succeed, other than being completely a currency. That's not it's only use. If it was, most of the VCs and really smart people with money won't be here.

errornone

error

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:52:12 AM

i know that!

You're working under the assumption that bitcoins will work exactly in the same way USD or Euro or RMB works. But bitcoins could be a store of value rather than a working currency. You don't "spend" gold everyday, yet gold is valuable and continues to be valuable. There are many ways bitcoin could succeed, other than being completely a currency. That's not it's only use. If it was, most of the VCs and really smart people with money won't be here.

but gold has intrinsic value. people actually need it to work, to some industries, jewelry, etc. Gold will always have value.

bitcoin dont.

don't get me wrong, im not against bitcoin (actually i love it), i just love to see every aspects and possibilities and sometime play the devel's advocate to really understand where this is capable to go.

And don't follow than genius blindly because you have even more genius on the other side, the side that says bitcoin is a mirage!

error
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: