Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin  (Read 178172 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:04:56 PM

Disable bots? I'm not quite following you, nobody spoke in disabling bots, the objective has been making the game as hard for bots as it is for humans Smiley

Which we, unfortunately, can't actually know if we've done yet or not.  This is the crucial problem right now.

If we had a whole lot of human miners mining all of the time then we could know.  If we had access to the optimal bot then we could know.

Right now we still have neither.

I wouldn't expect an exchange or merchant to pick the coin up until we can get one or the other, answer the question, and take additional steps if necessary.

If the objective hasn't been 100% achieved, I would say you are going the right way. Didn't mine the past 2 days, but as it was said around the thread, the difficulty is being leveled out for bots and humans, and human mining is achievable again.

But yeah, no merchant or exchange will pick this up until everything is 100% solved.
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:24:31 PM

If the objective hasn't been 100% achieved, I would say you are going the right way.

Sure, I don't think anyone is disputing that anyway.

Didn't mine the past 2 days, but as it was said around the thread, the difficulty is being leveled out for bots and humans, and human mining is achievable again.

That portion of the problem does seem to be significantly less of an issue now.  The bot did push the anti-warp up briefly, testing the impact on his mining.  He obviously must not have liked what happened, since he backed off again.  I think this means implies that the system is working.

The real problem at this point, though, is that the network is still under a sort of continuous 51% attack.  At any moment the bot operator could decide to double spend, DoS the network, etc.  Getchains output and debug logging from various nodes indicates that he has never done anything of the sort, but this doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't suddenly decide to do so for some reason.

But yeah, no merchant or exchange will pick this up until everything is 100% solved.

I don't think it even needs to be 100% solved.  I just think we need "much less of a looming unknown than we have currently."  A simple solution to this would be to somehow get miners to mine.  If we had many humans mining at any given moment through the day the big problem of the moment should simply resolve by itself.

MOTO NEEDS MANY MORE MINERS!

Considering how it is both fun and profitable to mine it (the exact opposite of most coins, IMO.  Even HUC is only fun and not very profitable!) it is surprising that we still face this situation several weeks in.

Any suggestions?
WilliamLie2 (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

Considering how it is both fun and profitable to mine it (the exact opposite of most coins, IMO.  Even HUC is only fun and not very profitable!) it is surprising that we still face this situation several weeks in.

Any suggestions?
We need to start some kind of promotional campaign. Those who hold large amounts of moto can offer reward for this. Psychocoin already started to do things like this, he started a twitter account, made new subreddit, I was paying him from premine, but then bots gone crazy, price dropped etc. We can also do giveaway.
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:56:15 PM

If the objective hasn't been 100% achieved, I would say you are going the right way.

Sure, I don't think anyone is disputing that anyway.

Didn't mine the past 2 days, but as it was said around the thread, the difficulty is being leveled out for bots and humans, and human mining is achievable again.

That portion of the problem does seem to be significantly less of an issue now.  The bot did push the anti-warp up briefly, testing the impact on his mining.  He obviously must not have liked what happened, since he backed off again.  I think this means implies that the system is working.

The real problem at this point, though, is that the network is still under a sort of continuous 51% attack.  At any moment the bot operator could decide to double spend, DoS the network, etc.  Getchains output and debug logging from various nodes indicates that he has never done anything of the sort, but this doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't suddenly decide to do so for some reason.

I don't think it even needs to be 100% solved.  I just think we need "much less of a looming unknown than we have currently."  A simple solution to this would be to somehow get miners to mine.  If we had many humans mining at any given moment through the day the big problem of the moment should simply resolve by itself.

Any suggestions?

The system is definitely working Smiley We need some PR...

Any suggestions?
We need to start some kind of promotional campaign. Those who hold large amounts of moto can offer reward for this. Psychocoin already started to do things like this, he started a twitter account, made new subreddit, I was paying him from premine, but then bots gone crazy, price dropped etc. We can also do giveaway.

I have no further suggestions... I can help with some, on my spare time. But I can't promise anything, since I'm already involved with another currency.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 09:55:53 PM

Any suggestions?
If we got onto poloniex then we could do a giveaway on there. That always gets good attention.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:04:31 PM

If we got onto poloniex then we could do a giveaway on there. That always gets good attention.

There is a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem in that idea. Wink

If we can't get on more exchanges because we don't have well distributed mining work then we can't really hope to get more mining workers by getting onto another exchange, can we?
Vz

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:52:25 AM

There is a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem in that idea. Wink

If we can't get on more exchanges because we don't have well distributed mining work then we can't really hope to get more mining workers by getting onto another exchange, can we?

Ideal description
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:44:46 PM

hahaha. No bots while block time is less than max level time))
Do really think to find a looser who will buy this coin to solve your problems with bots?)))
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:12:30 PM

Do really think to find a looser who will buy this coin to solve your problems with bots?)))

Huh?

Block time has not been "less than max level time."  The network has not been under any warp in quite awhile.

Beyond that, I'm afraid that with your chosen wording I am not able to interpret what you are trying to communicate, here.  Could you please rephrase?
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 10:28:12 PM

Beyond that, I'm afraid that with your chosen wording I am not able to interpret what you are trying to communicate, here.  Could you please rephrase?

Me too, and what are those brackets for? It looks weird.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:56:40 PM

Me too, and what are those brackets for? It looks weird.

I've noticed this around.  It seems to just be another one of those "trendy" internet textual formatting styles that emerge here and there.

Over time, the original "smiley" form of " : - ) " devolved into " : ) " and now perhaps just ")" suffices.

In any evolutionary process there is usually some parsimony pressure at work.
Gargo

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:45:24 AM

brackets mean smiles

In other words. Currently player can spend max ~32 seconds to solve a puzzle. It happens that block life time is less than this value. But it happens so often that it is impossible without bots. So the coin is dead (or still dead)
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:31:56 AM

brackets mean smiles

In other words. Currently player can spend max ~32 seconds to solve a puzzle. It happens that block life time is less than this value. But it happens so often that it is impossible without bots. So the coin is dead (or still dead)

First, it should be noted that your assumption about the block time is simply incorrect.  The average block time is not less than the TT, and the network is not under any warp.

Second, why do you feel that this coin is "still dead" because there is a bot active?  As we have established many times through the course of the thread there will always be bots.  The problem is not the presence of some bot, the problem is that there is only ONE bot competing, and not sufficient human mining effort being done (or any additional bots) to keep this bot from dominating hash rate.

If you think this bot is a problem then mine, get others to mine, get a second bot up, or release a public bot.  The problem now is nothing to do with this bot and everything to do with a lack of mining competition happening.

The most likely thing that could make this coin "dead" right now would be if this one bot suddenly stopped.  This bot is not the problem, it is the thing keeping the chain going in a way that is even close to secure.  Right now only this bot operator can 51% attack.  If this bot operator stops then *anyone* could 51% attack.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:06:30 PM

a question. i senti think aroiund 25 000 MOTOs to my linux 64 bit
motocoin.qt wallet
but the wallet wont sync since yesterday. it says this.
is there a motocoin chain explorer, i will google that. I hope its not lost.

I run an experimental block explorer here: http://37.153.97.65:3000/

I suggest entering the ip into your .conf as an addnode as well.

Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
sendto: Network is unreachable
^Cbob@coin:~/Desktop/motocoin/motocoin/bin/64$ ./motocoin-qt
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon

It looks like you might have a problem with your ibus install and/or your network interface.

ok so how do i look up my wallet to see whats happened to my Precious Motos?

MoiXtgHs2gyus8f9BmGj5gTp3xm7u5w3JAM

Explorer says:
Total Received 65735.098 BTC
Total Sent 34292 BTC
Final Balance 31443.098 BTC
No. Transactions 3
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:31:53 PM

no this is wrong I have over 103 000 in there
i bought another 25 000 and unfortunately its not showing. your figures are wrong though.
I hope I can fix this
so I should install a new wallet?
lol

I will look directly on chain later, but I suspect that what the explorer is showing will match it.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:32:46 PM

Just wondering if you are working on a public bot?
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:12:37 PM

Just wondering if you are working on a public bot?

I have not had a ton of time to put to it, and what free time I have been able to spend on MOTO has mostly been applied toward some useful map filters for humans instead.  After I release another update to the game and wallet itself I will probably approach writing a competitive bot again more seriously. 
Gargo

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:33:20 PM

brackets mean smiles

First, it should be noted that your assumption about the block time is simply incorrect.  The average block time is not less than the TT, and the network is not under any warp.

Second, why do you feel that this coin is "still dead" because there is a bot active?  As we have established many times through the course of the thread there will always be bots.  The problem is not the presence of some bot, the problem is that there is only ONE bot competing, and not sufficient human mining effort being done (or any additional bots) to keep this bot from dominating hash rate.

If you think this bot is a problem then mine, get others to mine, get a second bot up, or release a public bot.  The problem now is nothing to do with this bot and everything to do with a lack of mining competition happening.

The most likely thing that could make this coin "dead" right now would be if this one bot suddenly stopped.  This bot is not the problem, it is the thing keeping the chain going in a way that is even close to secure.  Right now only this bot operator can 51% attack.  If this bot operator stops then *anyone* could 51% attack.

Your word mean one of the following or both cases:
1) you already have a profit from this coin and it is enough to do ignore bots. And you simply look for a guilty one among the users but it is you
2)you are the osner of the current bot:
450K premine (was partially used for rewards, the rest was sold in panic during the early days of Motocoin).
sparkster

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:02:38 PM

1) you already have a profit from this coin and it is enough to do ignore bots. And you simply look for a guilty one among the users but it is you
450K premine (was partially used for rewards, the rest was sold in panic during the early days of Motocoin).
And you are talking nonsence. Haxyй пoшёл.

have not had a ton of time to put to it, and what free time I have been able to spend on MOTO has mostly been applied toward some useful map filters for humans instead.  After I release another update to the game and wallet itself I will probably approach writing a competitive bot again more seriously. 
Allright, it's very pleasant approach from my point of view. Also rational. Polishing mining process first, writing bot second, so it does not become obsolete.

And about human mining: problem is, human time is more precious than machine time, and the price is very low now. People can hand-mine now but only 1) just for fun (if for somebody motogame is more a game than a chore) 2) if they're expecting a huge price rising. We cannot expect price will always be high enough for regular human labour.  Bots are necessity.
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:09:23 PM

If 1 or 2 are correct, then why should the dev even bother to come here?
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: