Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:39:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin  (Read 178168 times)
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:55:14 PM

Your word mean one of the following or both cases:
1) you already have a profit from this coin and it is enough to do ignore bots. And you simply look for a guilty one among the users but it is you

I wish.

Between what I've given away to people for helping out, spent on VPS for full nodes and block explorer, and time spent in coding I would be significantly "in the red" on this whole endeavor.

However I don't even look at things this way.  I've helped an awesome concept (that I believe in) to survive.  To me, this was all money and time well spent.  I've also met some awesome people and had some even more awesome conversation out of it.  So I guess in some sense you are right I did make a great profit, but it was not from the coin.

I "ignore bots" for the same reasons that I always have, and always will.  This rationale has already been detailed in the thread, so I won't reiterate it again.

2)you are the osner of the current bot:

I wish.

I consider this new bot a bit of a masterpiece of engineering.  It is extremely impressive work.  It is only in the past week or so that I've realized how such a thing is "even possible."

If you had been watching the bot peers on the network at all it would even be pretty obvious that the bot is operated by someone other than the "outed" bot operators.  We all left pretty distinct footprints with our bot nodes, so "who's bots are who's" is pretty clear, even if this particular operator's identity isn't known to us.

450K premine (was partially used for rewards, the rest was sold in panic during the early days of Motocoin).

Huh

I had nothing to do with the premine, so I'm not sure what this has to do with our conversation.  If you have some issue with this take it up with the original developers, not me.  I've already said everything that I have to say on the matter so, again, I will not reiterate it.
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:16:32 AM

Your word mean one of the following or both cases:
1) you already have a profit from this coin and it is enough to do ignore bots. And you simply look for a guilty one among the users but it is you
2)you are the osner of the current bot:
450K premine (was partially used for rewards, the rest was sold in panic during the early days of Motocoin).
And you are talking nonsence. Haxyй пoшёл.

have not had a ton of time to put to it, and what free time I have been able to spend on MOTO has mostly been applied toward some useful map filters for humans instead.  After I release another update to the game and wallet itself I will probably approach writing a competitive bot again more seriously. 
Allright, it's very pleasant approach from my point of view. Also rational. Polishing mining process first, writing bot second, so it does not become obsolete.

And about human mining: problem is, human time is more precious than machine time, and the price is very low now. People can hand-mine now but only 1) just for fun (if for somebody motogame is more a game than a chore) 2) if they're expecting a huge price rising. We cannot expect price will always be high enough for regular human labour.  Bots are necessity.

иди caм нaxyй! Чe нe oжидaл? нeceшь тyт кaкyю-тo axинeю
Vz

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:49:38 PM

Grin Grin Oo cpaч paзвeли)
Уx ты нифигa ceбe, дa тyт пoлнo pycкoязычныx пoльзoвaтeлeй oкaзывaeтcя, a я тyт язык ceбe лoмaю..

B oбщeм и цeлoм, я вocxищён идeeй MoтoКoйн, пpoдoлжaeм cлeдить зa paзвитиeм cитyaции..

** Wow, so there are a lot of russianspeakers(users), but i still type on my bad english..
At all I very very delighted by idea of MOTOcoin, soo just wait and see what will be..
WilliamLie2 (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:46:14 PM

Чтoб нe лoмaть язык я coздaл pyccкий тpэд: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=592437
Taм yжe пpaвдa дaвнo никтo нe пишeт и инфa в пepвoм пocтe ycтapeлa.
kuchitsu

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:13:53 PM

If you think this bot is a problem then mine, get others to mine...
I think people won't feel very inspired to mine when some guy mines a lot more by just running their bot and doing nothing. Nobody wants to play on obviously unfavorable terms.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:31:39 PM

I think people won't feel very inspired to mine when some guy mines a lot more by just running their bot and doing nothing.

He is not exactly "doing nothing" but I think we've already discussed that. as well.

Nobody wants to play on obviously unfavorable terms.

This is one thing that I find odd.  The terms were unfavorable before the stall, but right now anyone has just as much chance to get the block as the bot does.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:51:55 PM

This is one thing that I find odd.  The terms were unfavorable before the stall, but right now anyone has just as much chance to get the block as the bot does.
But the real problem is that the human has to put all of their time into finding the block, but the bot owner doesn't need to because his computers are doing it for him. I'm sure that is why people aren't mining. To them they are wasting their precious time because the bot owner doesn't need to do anything but they do. This is why it feels unfair.
Jacqul

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:34:54 AM

This is one thing that I find odd.  The terms were unfavorable before the stall, but right now anyone has just as much chance to get the block as the bot does.
But the real problem is that the human has to put all of their time into finding the block, but the bot owner doesn't need to because his computers are doing it for him. I'm sure that is why people aren't mining. To them they are wasting their precious time because the bot owner doesn't need to do anything but they do. This is why it feels unfair.

The human that feels he is wasting his time can always code a bot to do the mining for him.
The bot didn't just magically appear in the bot owners hands.
If you can't code bots then you mine with your eyes, brain and hands. You get to play a fun game at the same time!
kuchitsu

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:13:49 AM

But still it feels like the bot owner is a cheating rotten bastard, just like the people who make bots for other online games. There was never much appeal in trying to fight with cheaters.
Don't find the game fun at all btw... Elastomania is fun, Moto, on the other hand, has very bulky control/physics that just don't feel right IMO.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:58:47 PM

But still it feels like the bot owner is a cheating rotten bastard, just like the people who make bots for other online games. There was never much appeal in trying to fight with cheaters.

In what way does the bot cheat?  It plays the same game by the same rules within all of the same constraints.  It even expends more energy (implying a higher operating cost) to do so than a human would for the same task.  Where is the "cheat" happening?

I understand the argument that a bot can go 24/7 while a human can't, but I don't quite agree with it.  (I certainly don't see it as cheating or even "unfair" either.)  While it is true that any one person probably couldn't (safely/sanely) "outdo" the bot, together we can.  Just 2-3 humans coordinating could easily "go 24/7" as well and produce just as much as the bot does.  Even if we only got a couple of dozen miners committed to mining in any available free time, uncoordinated, this would likely be enough to end this bot's dominance and remove his capability to choose to 51% attack.

Don't find the game fun at all btw... Elastomania is fun, Moto, on the other hand, has very bulky control/physics that just don't feel right IMO.

This has come up a few times on the thread.  What, specifically, do you find "bulky" about the controls or physics?  Do you find this is still the case even if you speed up the clock?  Can you make any particular suggestions for improvement?

We've had several complaints that the physics "just don't feel right" but (other than the couple of differences identified by William) nothing more specific to actually go on.  We can't fix the problem if no-one can actually point to the problem.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:01:33 PM

however how do i reload my old wallet.dat file into it?
i just copied the .dat file into my linux motocoin-qt directory however the wallet isn't showing?

You should just put the wallet.dat into your .motocoin directory, wherever that happens to be.  By default, it is ~/.motocoin/ in linux and is in your "APPDATA" directory in windows which will vary by windows version.  See https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory for explanantions.

If you just place your old wallet.dat in this location any version of the wallet should be able to read it just fine.

Be careful not to overwrite or delete any existing wallet.dat that might hold coins.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:14:27 PM

you know its always been my gripe about MOTO, the game is hideous, and superfluous game play like shooting flying objects that target you for fun would be nice, and nicer graphics, and a different spread to the driving because its not fun to play. of course, it holds all the potential but the game is super annoying.

If anyone contributes new graphics and/or shaders I will gladly implement a basic skinning/theme system and include them.

Other than that, we need suggestions for things to make this game better and more fun.  A description of an entirely different/new game is not what we are looking for.

Think of it like this:  What could you do to make the moto mining better without changing anything significant (other than just numerical parameters) about the rules of the game, themselves?  This way an answer like "make the map 20 times larger" would be a suitable answer but "add shooting" or "give players multiple lives" wouldn't be.

i think it could be tweaked to be more visually appealing and enjoyable but meh... that's just a personal opinion.

I've long thought that a feature to select from different graphics assets would be nice to have, as what would be most appealing and enjoyable is probably very subjective.  However, I can't make any such assets myself.

still think its a pretty awesome idea although it doesn't cater to the delight of the audience.

I'm all for fixing that, but we need to know how to define "fixed" first.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:28:35 PM

If you think this bot is a problem then mine, get others to mine...
I think people won't feel very inspired to mine when some guy mines a lot more by just running their bot and doing nothing. Nobody wants to play on obviously unfavorable terms.

The terms aren't unfavorable. The game is being worked on so that humans have as much chance of getting a block as bots.

As for the game physics and graphics itself... This is not elastomania, and this also isn't an AAA title Cheesy
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:42:51 PM

this also isn't an AAA title Cheesy

This is the understatement of the day!  Even the smallest game developer/publisher shops have not just teams of developers, but teams of artists, teams of content managers, teams of QA/QC testers, and so on.

We have basically just one developer volunteering some (not much) spare time.  Almost as much as Moto needs more miners, it could use some more and more varied skills applied toward it.
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:57:35 PM

this also isn't an AAA title Cheesy

This is the understatement of the day!  Even the smallest game developer/publisher shops have not just teams of developers, but teams of artists, teams of content managers, teams of QA/QC testers, and so on.

We have basically just one developer volunteering some (not much) spare time.  Almost as much as Moto needs more miners, it could use some more and more varied skills applied toward it.

Well, you are right Smiley But I don't think we need prime graphics. If there was a graphic designer helping us... It would be cool, it would probably get a few more players, but I don't think that's a must. At least for now Smiley
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 09:58:01 PM

i think the shapes around which is being driven, well they are too round they should be more elongated for more enjoyable game play. I don't suppose that would be possible? It would be more driveable...
Also maybe you can have like a ridiculous little man wearing a cap, wearing colourful clothes, the cape fluttering in the wind. a more cartoony feel and less mechanical, without outlines for that impressionistic effect with saturated colours... a wonky, striped hat, curled shoes, and a wooden bicycle or semi- Penny Farthing, for style Smiley

That would be pretty cool. It reminds me of Willy Wonka.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:40:04 AM

Maybe he is looking for his missing cat? Will he ever find it, haha with a little story to make you go further after each level.

We need to put in a cat Easter egg. Smiley Maybe the coin can be changed into a cat with a 1/10000 chance it will happen.

That would be really nice.

...or a dog. Smiley
sparkster

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Big dumps yesterday and today. It's good time to buy, if only MOTO will survive. And I belive it will. Sooner or later there will be more bots, so the chain will be more secured. And HunterMinerCrafter still active and engaged developer.
WilliamLie2 (OP)

Activity: 204

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:27:57 PM

p.s if you tell me how to set up a miner I can have at least 2 decent PC's mining.
How to set up a bot in windows, plz
how much bandwidth does it take?
Bot mining instructions need to be clearly detaield on the motocoin website...
First, you should create your own bot, no public bot-miners are available.
It doesn't take more bandwith than simply running a wallet (which is very small).
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:16:57 AM

can't u help me do the bot thing...
im nota  programmer
my dad might ahve too HUGE pc's at work available next year that can do like 3 teraflops or something maybe i could use them?
i donno how to make bots... u could pm me and tal me hao, lol

There isn't any recipe to make bots. Either you know how to program and you're creative, or you don't.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: