Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin  (Read 178168 times)
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:31:54 PM

Okay. How do I do that? (I'm new to GitHub)

Just go to the motocoin-dev project page and click the fork button.

Do I need to make a folder in /src /src/game called skins and then have folders in there with the names of the skins and the images in them? (I'll have a folder called default with the original images in it)

That works.  Really I will work around you, here, so organize it however feels most natural to you and I'll take care of the rest!

Then do I need to do a pull request?

Yup!
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:37:06 PM

all my MOTO finally showing in my wallet
aaah, I feel so glorious now!
wonderful!

Great news!  Does this include the coins which you thought were "missing" from the exchange transfer, too?

i would love to fix the graphics lols
if someone will hold my hand in this process I would really appreciate it.
I am a very good artist with impeccable taste in aesthetics and other eye-candy frivolities Sad)

Maybe you can collaborate with e1ghtSpace and submit pull requests into his repo, or just make you own fork as well and PR directly to motocoin-dev. Either way I will look forward to seeing your submissions.  Having multiple people making artwork will broaden the stylistic options and that can only be a good thing!
willoweb

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:57:00 PM

haha and then some, and i sent the other 14 000 which i bought too..
a  pity the botmaster does not wish to divulge his secrets.
so i only ahve 140 000 MOTO, give or take a few thousand and fractions... disappointing. i am trying to beat my friend, who had over 400 000... lol he was responsible for that major shake up a week ago or so. Anyways, lol.

btw though I really would like to make this game aesthetically tasteful, and if I cannot do so I still believe it must be done; I really would appreciate closer interaction regarding this aspect. I do think as a phone app it could be a viable commodity (wallet and game, cross-platform, as it MUST be). This aspect is being neglected as technical austerity, which I find reprehensible and counterproductive as to the fate of this cryptocurrency. It can, within the scope of it being a proof-of-play "currency", be something beyond a currency, that is, a game, and as such, an experience, even a fad, if you will, that may be visually appreciable but also financially remunerative, though I think the allure of graphics may appeal to the sensibilities and the desire for replay and hence community, since unplayable and visually unalluring games do not find in any sense of the word nor engender, community; think of a little man in a silly colourful hat and wonky elfin boots, cycling away on  a wooden penny farthing (or other two wheeled vehicles less tacky than that vile looking - at least from an aesthete's perspective - motorcycle)  on some woebegone landscape, far less Spartan than the current game's deplorable excuse for visual appreciability.

I do apologise for my rancour in this regard however I do think there are aspects of scope that in this sense, are being neglected. I certainly don't want to see MOTOcoin become, nor remain, I do apologise,  a "red headed stepchild", however with the visually dissuasive graphics and level of zoom involved and the lack of anything that could even remotely be called appreciable gameplay, both from a physics and optic perspective,  beyond this technical verisimilitude, I think this game is void of any value unless these cancerously spartan bones of visual appeal do receive some cosmic (that is to say, depthfully cosmetic) enhancements.

In this regard I believe I could be of assistance as I have taste and technical ability however when it comes to visual artistry, graphic or no; I would need guidance from devs to really make this a tasteful game for smartphones so this game can adopt an "ebolability..." haha, joke.

But, I wonder and do avow my lack of faith in your appreciation of my otherwise inappreciable semi-sentimentalities.
Yes I will definitely be contacting mister 8 this december,
though I think we must get this coin developed as a phone APP
and also the base graphics must be altered.
No one will find in any way alluring such a dastardly colourscheme with such hideous constructs. The motorcycle and boulders have no stylistic attenuation and as such has no allure to potential interest from a non-technical perspective of game players who might be appreciative towards saturated colour and cultured form.

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
██▀                     ▀██
██▀ ███     ▄▄█▀         ▀██
███  ███▄▄██▀             ███
███  ██████▀███▄            ███
███  ███    ▀███▄          ███
██▄ ▀▀▀      ▀███▄       ▄██
██▄            ▀▀███▄▄▄ ▄██
▀██▄▄               ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
▀██████▄   TWITTER   ▀▄   INSTAGRAM   ▄▀   DISCORD   ▄█████▀
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
██     ██████████████                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 08:41:12 PM

Why don't you SCRAP HUNTERCOIN and come over to MOTOCOIN!

If  HUNTERCOIN is so special then why do you need / feel a desire to merge with MOTOCOIN?
Obviously there is something special about motocoin's devs and this project which you want to use as a hearse to trolly your reprehensible blockchain back from Hades where it belongs!

There's no reason to take this sort of tone against HUC.  Don't forget that my name was in the HUC commit log before MOTO launched, so I am technically a dev for both!   Wink

I'm very happy to see BAC and Domob in our thread, please don't scare them off.  There are obvious reasons for "alignment" between HUC and MOTO (though a "merger" is probably not the right approach to it) and I don't want to foster some false notion of competition between the two communities.  We'll all be better off by focusing on working together, not at odds.

HMC is 100% right on.  I really didn't mean it in a bad way and I'm here because I'm interested, learning and watching!

I am a Bitcoiner who hopes the very absolute best for HUC, MOTO and any other type of crypto like em!

0 Competition and everyone is WAY better off working together. 

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:13:24 PM

a  pity the botmaster does not wish to divulge his secrets.

This wins my "understatement of the day" award.

btw though I really would like to make this game aesthetically tasteful, and if I cannot do so I still believe it must be done;

I think we're seeing a pretty solid consensus emerge around this, at least!

I really would appreciate closer interaction regarding this aspect.

So let's do it!  I'm very prepared to handle any code-related aspects of doing so, but I'm no artist.

There are three areas of concern here:
1. Art assets - The actual bitmaps the game uses.  These are easy enough to change for someone with artistic ability.
2. Render pipeline - The perlin shader compositions that the game uses to transform the art assets into the playing field.  These are most difficult to modify, and require someone with both an artistic and programming background.  (There are some ide/gui tools that may help someone with less programming background.)
3. Graphics engine itself - The C++ code that manages everything and ties it into the game engine itself.  I can offer the skill-set to handle pretty much any concerns here.

I do think as a phone app it could be a viable commodity (wallet and game, cross-platform, as it MUST be). This aspect is being neglected as technical austerity, which I find reprehensible and counterproductive as to the fate of this cryptocurrency.

While I agree that this would be great, this is one of those "much easier said than done" things.  It would require a new rendering engine with a different architecture, which is nontrivial.  It would also require something like a hosted wallet and mining pool so that the mobile devices would not need to store the whole blockchain.  I had been working on a mining pool, but it got put on the back burner for a couple of reasons.  (Technical complications, the changes from the chain stall, and lack of miners generally.)  This is also nontrivial.

It can, within the scope of it being a proof-of-play "currency", be something beyond a currency, that is, a game, and as such, an experience, even a fad, if you will, that may be visually appreciable but also financially remunerative, though I think the allure of graphics may appeal to the sensibilities and the desire for replay and hence community, since unplayable and visually unalluring games do not find in any sense of the word nor engender, community; think of a little man in a silly colourful hat and wonky elfin boots, cycling away on  a wooden penny farthing (or other two wheeled vehicles less tacky than that vile looking - at least from an aesthete's perspective - motorcycle)  on some woebegone landscape, far less Spartan than the current game's deplorable excuse for visual appreciability.

It is easy to be critical and difficult to be creative.  Stop spending your time and energy on criticizing and go create instead!   Wink

I do apologise for my rancour in this regard however I do think there are aspects of scope that in this sense, are being neglected.

Sure, but there's nothing to do about it except to step up and show it some love.  I can't be the one neglecting the art, because I'm not an artist.  You've said you're an artist of sorts, so you're actually complaining about yourself here!  Tongue

I certainly don't want to see MOTOcoin become, nor remain, I do apologise,  a "red headed stepchild", however with the visually dissuasive graphics and level of zoom involved and the lack of anything that could even remotely be called appreciable gameplay, both from a physics and optic perspective,

WRT physics and gameplay I'll just re-iterate what I've said before:  Tell us specifically how to improve the game, without changing the premise of the work function itself, and we can go from there.  Until we know what is actually "broken" there is absolutely nothing we can do to "fix" it.

beyond this technical verisimilitude, I think this game is void of any value unless these cancerously spartan bones of visual appeal do receive some cosmic (that is to say, depthfully cosmetic) enhancements.

You're not wrong.

In this regard I believe I could be of assistance as I have taste and technical ability however when it comes to visual artistry, graphic or no; I would need guidance from devs to really make this a tasteful game for smartphones so this game can adopt an "ebolability..." haha, joke.

But, I wonder and do avow my lack of faith in your appreciation of my otherwise inappreciable semi-sentimentalities.
Yes I will definitely be contacting mister 8 this december,
though I think we must get this coin developed as a phone APP

For phones there are a LOT of concerns to be considered before the graphical assets themselves.  First, what would the control scheme even be? How would the players interact with their hardware to play the game?

and also the base graphics must be altered.
No one will find in any way alluring such a dastardly colourscheme with such hideous constructs. The motorcycle and boulders have no stylistic attenuation and as such has no allure to potential interest from a non-technical perspective of game players who might be appreciative towards saturated colour and cultured form.

Again, I'm no artist so I only know intellectually what this even means.  I can't *do* it.

So go do it!

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:18:04 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 10:39:11 PM by e1ghtSpace

Texturing is going extremely well so far!
I call this one "shrooms" Smiley

I just changed the .bmp from 24 bit to 32 bit.
Should I actually make this a skin?
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:12:22 PM

Texturing is going extremely well so far!
I call this one "shrooms" Smiley

I just changed the .bmp from 24 bit to 32 bit.
Should I actually make this a skin?

haha, you definitely should! Cheesy
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 12:28:55 AM

Hey guys,

I just made a pull request with a skins folder.

Just letting you guys know.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 08:25:48 AM

I'm currently working on a really cool skin. It'll be done in a day or two.
Is anyone else making skins?
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:33:32 AM

Block explorer should be alive and kicking.

Again, sorry about that!
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:58:19 PM

Block explorer should be alive and kicking.

Again, sorry about that!

Online, but doesn't seem to be updating...
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 11:11:52 AM

Have you started working on the skins option menu?
I submitted a pull request with some skins yesterday.

My other skin that I'm making is 80% done.
It starts with T, that's the only clue you guys get as to what it is, although it may be pretty easy to guess.
It might look great, it may not.

Are there any other people out there making skins?
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:29:43 PM

My other skin that I'm making is 80% done.
It starts with T, that's the only clue you guys get as to what it is, although it may be pretty easy to guess.
It might look great, it may not.

Are there any other people out there making skins?

As far as I know, you seem to be the only one making skins Smiley
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:55:04 PM

It seems to be updating fine here. Can you please clarify what problem you are seeing?
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:57:26 PM

Barely. I should have more time to work on it after Wednesday.  I'll have it done by the weekend, at the latest.

Cool, I'll merge it as soon as they are select-able.  It occurs to me that we might not want multiple duplicates of things like the font bitmap, so we might need to add some metadata to allow a skin to specify which graphics it overrides.
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:21:56 PM

It seems to be updating fine here. Can you please clarify what problem you are seeing?

It said it wasn't being able to reach the daemon at the time of my post, seems fine now Smiley
willoweb

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

and I dear, sirs, have a delicious hangover.
when is the game getting a facelift?
i think there should be cooperation in this regard and also it should be apped
for smartphones
and since those screens are damn small there should be an increase in zom factor to look at willy wonky and his elfin boots ebullient with colour evermore upon his wooden penny farthing looking for dearest his cat the furthest thing and coins achink appearing in a wink.

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
██     ██████████████                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:00:38 PM

Read my last post.

Read my reply to your last post.
willoweb

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:36:04 AM

Read my last post.

Read my reply to your last post.

ok i will.
again i must just reiterate my need to say that I think the zoom level should be increased, and the driver needs to be reanimated into a cute colourful sprite reminiscent of Legend of Kyrandia style graphics with curly toe shoes and a  wonky hat, rich with saturated color and not this Spartan pallettery...

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:36:43 PM

ok i will.
again i must just reiterate my need to say that I think the zoom level should be increased, and the driver needs to be reanimated into a cute colourful sprite reminiscent of Legend of Kyrandia style graphics with curly toe shoes and a  wonky hat, rich with saturated color and not this Spartan pallettery...

Again I must reiterate that telling us over and over that you want such imagery will accomplish nothing, you should just make the skin artwork yourself and submit it, instead!
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: