Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:50:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609538 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:36:22 PM

This messaging feature rumor about cinni sounds interesting. I used the BItmessage protocol for some time just for fun, which I think is a similar concept but with PoW.

A PoS distributed messaging system could indeed be interesting and I hope rat4 is considering something like that.

Anonymous chat using addresses seems like a very easy implementation to be honest...

That's so cool though ! Would be sweet if someone put a game on the wallet too? like flappy-... oh wait...

/sarcasm

I'm not a big fan of gimmicks. There are thousands of chatting programs already that do it better. Why fill up the QT code with extra bells and whistles?

I totally agree but this is really not a gimmick but a service that operates the existing ledger and PoS system of BlackCoin. To the best of my knowledge there is no distributed messaging service (i.e. without central server like facebook or google) that works on a PoS basis.

Still it's use is certainly not for normal chatting. I could understand it with messaging an actual deed to each other, but I guess there would be better systems for this.

Blockchain messaging is actually a very interesting topic. It can replace things like public notaries, and be used as a means to permanently keep records forever on the blockchain. It's a purely decentralized communication platform, that can't be shut down by a government. Some other novel uses I've heard is turning it in to an API to play games over the Blockchain (imagine a game of chess using the Blockchain.) But also would enable us to create really complicated API systems to create transactions we've never thought were possible before. The message doesn't have to be big only about 512bytes, that's more than enough.

Remember guys, speaking purely from a technical aspect, the Blockchain is the most important part of any coin, anything we do to reinforce or extend the functionality of the blockchain is a direct net benefit to the coin. That being said, I don't know what rat4 has on his schedule, and if he sees Blockchain messaging as something important.
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:46:07 PM

Iconic has made a valid point and i am glad he is still with us. i am not going to kid anyone.. i saw it coming. but as it is now.. we can respect the views and points made by Iconic and end any chastizing of his character for the past. leave the past where it is.. let us move forward. his comments are seen, noted and respected. there is a fine line between genius and crazy and few are able to attribute genius correctly. Iconic's work has always delivered and even though i may not have been 100% behind the pr firm initiative before.. the success of raising the funds needed have totally flipped my mind on the idea and the timing has been perfect.

Well done to Iconic and Team and i expect that all hatchets can be buried as Iconic regains his centering once more.
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:53:49 PM

Hello,

i was on holiday and when i came back i saw that there was a war at the old thread. Can anyone give a short summary who was the good and who the evil? will i get my first edition card from IE? is he a scammer? sorry im a not so good in english and too lazy to read the last 200 pages of the old thread ^^

Dev team - Good
Iconic Expert - Somewhat crazy and we hope not evil

I am not crazy. Angry doesn't = crazy. Since many of you do not have kids I will use another example. If someone posted a picture of your mother and put a derogatory comment along with the picture, how would you feel? How would you react? Now multiply that emotion by 10 and you will know how I felt when someone did that to my daughter who is only 15 and has nothing to do with this.

Carry on...

While I certainly agree your daughter and family in general should be left out of this, the reactions you're getting now are related to everything that happened before that point.
You're right to be outraged about your family being brought into this. You're not right however to be upset about the backlash you're receiving for your unsubstantiated accusations.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:55:17 PM

Someone is deleting post out of my own thread.  I guess this censorship goes much higher than I ever thought.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
acseric

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:59:32 PM

Hello,

i was on holiday and when i came back i saw that there was a war at the old thread. Can anyone give a short summary who was the good and who the evil? will i get my first edition card from IE? is he a scammer? sorry im a not so good in english and too lazy to read the last 200 pages of the old thread ^^

Dev team - Good
Iconic Expert - Somewhat crazy and we hope not evil

I am not crazy. Angry doesn't = crazy. Since many of you do not have kids I will use another example. If someone posted a picture of your mother and put a derogatory comment along with the picture, how would you feel? How would you react? Now multiply that emotion by 10 and you will know how I felt when someone did that to my daughter who is only 15 and has nothing to do with this.

Carry on...

While I certainly agree your daughter and family in general should be left out of this, the reactions you're getting now are related to everything that happened before that point.
You're right to be outraged about your family being brought into this. You're not right however to be upset about the backlash you're receiving for your unsubstantiated accusations.

I think that everyone should move on from all of that nastiness and vitriol.  I have to admit, it was kind of like gawking at a car crash while it was happening.  However, I don't really see a point in rehashing everything again.  If anyone is interested, they can read the last 50 pages of that thread and decide for themselves.

All that being said, GO BLACKCOIN!!!  The best is yet to come!!!!
acseric

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:01:17 PM

Someone is deleting post out of my own thread.  I guess this censorship goes much higher than I ever thought.

I think they are just reducing the text walls that happen when there are a bunch of quotes of quotes.

Don't start the tinfoil hat nonsense here.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:02:04 PM

This messaging feature rumor about cinni sounds interesting. I used the BItmessage protocol for some time just for fun, which I think is a similar concept but with PoW.

A PoS distributed messaging system could indeed be interesting and I hope rat4 is considering something like that.

Anonymous chat using addresses seems like a very easy implementation to be honest...

I know how to implement this on Blackcoin client. Its not that hard. You can send them over the blockchain or over a website. The blockchain filters "dust" already ran into this problem myself working on my project.

My question is this:
Why is a clone(cinni) of BC going up in price while BC is continually suppressed to 13 cents even when there is good news and mild buy pressure from the multipool?
publicjud
Legendary

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:03:11 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 08:19:33 PM by publicjud

Someone is deleting post out of my own thread.  I guess this censorship goes much higher than I ever thought.

I think they are just reducing the text walls that happen when there are a bunch of quotes of quotes.

Don't start the tinfoil hat nonsense here.

No, I mean over on the thread I started here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600577.0

And the post that was removed: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | No Premine - No IPO - ONLY UNCENSORED THREAD

Cryptoolate

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:03:14 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 08:27:44 PM by Cryptoolate

Carry on...

Can we have IconicExpert's comment deleted censors?   Smiley

There is absolutely no need to delete IE's comment here. He makes a very valid point.

+1 to the kids (trolls), yo momma.

Back to business, that coin rising is interesting.  Seems coincidentally timed with the fall-out, purely business or lost faith?  It was a coordinated pump but my curiosity is with Mintpal. 

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
RouletteRun

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:21:33 PM

Carry on...

Can we have IconicExpert's comment deleted censors?   Smiley

There is absolutely no need to delete IE's comment here. He makes a very valid point.

Agreed, if I can't find a way to disagree with a person without involving his/her family, then I need to examine my argument.
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:23:38 PM

That's so cool though ! Would be sweet if someone put a game on the wallet too? like flappy-... oh wait...

/sarcasm

I'm not a big fan of gimmicks. There are thousands of chatting programs already that do it better. Why fill up the QT code with extra bells and whistles?

I totally agree but this is really not a gimmick but a service that operates the existing ledger and PoS system of BlackCoin. To the best of my knowledge there is no distributed messaging service (i.e. without central server like facebook or google) that works on a PoS basis.

Still it's use is certainly not for normal chatting. I could understand it with messaging an actual deed to each other, but I guess there would be better systems for this.

Blockchain messaging is actually a very interesting topic. It can replace things like public notaries, and be used as a means to permanently keep records forever on the blockchain. It's a purely decentralized communication platform, that can't be shut down by a government. Some other novel uses I've heard is turning it in to an API to play games over the Blockchain (imagine a game of chess using the Blockchain.) But also would enable us to create really complicated API systems to create transactions we've never thought were possible before. The message doesn't have to be big only about 512bytes, that's more than enough.

Remember guys, speaking purely from a technical aspect, the Blockchain is the most important part of any coin, anything we do to reinforce or extend the functionality of the blockchain is a direct net benefit to the coin. That being said, I don't know what rat4 has on his schedule, and if he sees Blockchain messaging as something important.

Yes, the blockchain is the heart of all things but almost every change (except for optional extensions) leads to a hard fork ...

What I mean is that we actually can "abuse" the PoS system itself from BlackCoin to develop a distributed messaging system that requires no change of the blockchain at all:

- Lets say A wants to send a message to B using of size N. Both A and B know the private key of B's address.
- In order to establish trust to the network, A generates a PoS block of the BC blockchain that stakes at least P(N) coins with P being a suitable cost function of the message size
- A propagates the signed message encrypted with B's priv key together with the (unencrypted) signed PoS block to the messaging network
- Every client in the network that receives a messages checks if the block stakes at least P(N) coins and propagates or denies the message accordingly
- B has to be online as long as A's coins are on stake to receive the message over the p2p network

This is only ONE very simple idea to take advantage of PoS as trust establishing system.
mellomike

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:32:08 PM

What happens when you have 2 wallets open at the same time? For example I have my original wallet open on one PC and I imported my private key to another PC (which is the same wallet). They are both open.. will that cause problems?

They both seem to be sync'd ok at the moment.
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:34:13 PM

What happens when you have 2 wallets open at the same time? For example I have my original wallet open on one PC and I imported my private key to another PC (which is the same wallet). They are both open.. will that cause problems?

You can have as many wallets open as you want. You can even stake with all of them (if several wallets generate a block that use the same coins for staking, all but one block will get orphaned).
publicjud
Legendary

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:35:45 PM

You can have as many wallets open as you want. You can even stake with all of them (if several wallets generate a block that use the same coins for staking, all but one block will get orphaned).

Can someone else verify this, because I always thought they said to only have a wallet on one computer at a time....

jdwlupine

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:46:14 PM

Hi
Just opened my wallet and its started to stake but still has  15625 block remaining to download and increasing in number.
How can this happen,Spendable 9.96,10194.17476254 Stake Total 10204.134 6 active connections
downloading 103619 of 119246 last block received was 4 hours ago.
This was the time i opened my wallet.

Any advice
acseric

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:50:07 PM

Hi
Just opened my wallet and its started to stake but still has  15625 block remaining to download and increasing in number.
How can this happen,Spendable 9.96,10194.17476254 Stake Total 10204.134 6 active connections
downloading 103619 of 119246 last block received was 4 hours ago.
This was the time i opened my wallet.

Any advice

Leave it open and let it sync.  It might take a few hours, but it will get there.
Soepkip (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:02:15 PM

Introducing the BlackCoin Foundation

http://www.blkfoundation.org

Leave your thoughts & comments here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/252n8u/introducing_the_blackcoin_foundation/

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:11:31 PM

wow nice site

REQUEST VOTING IN CLIENT BY Nuber of shares
like:
<1k BC 1vote
<10000k BC 4 vote
<100000 BC 16 votes
Something like that.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:12:18 PM

Great news!
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:15:39 PM

wow nice site

REQUEST VOTING IN CLIENT BY Nuber of shares
like:
<1k BC 1vote
<10000k BC 4 vote
<100000 BC 16 votes
Something like that.

Cool idea.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: