Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:13:15 AM

MINT trolls are back.  Roll Eyes

The FUD is tired though, remember everyone, MINT tried to pay the fee but got burned by CoinKite so they're pretty damn motivated to discredit them.

Wow. You know it really says something about people when they have to label opposition with contextually derogatory assignments and dismiss their argument solely on those grounds instead of simply addressing their opposing points directly. I encourage anybody to go ahead and read the mint thread themselves from around the time when the community was trying to decide whether or not to go through with it. Then go read the Doge posts, the Vert posts, etc... You will be surprised. Also, you completely miss (ignore?) the rather important point that my initial post which sparked this discussion was a series of quotes from people from various different coin communities (none of them were from mintcoin). So, what was the reason for those communities to "discredit" coinkite? I am only regurgitating their "discrediting". I, and the rest of MINT (as though the coin is a conscious entity itself?), cannot take credit for the "discredit"  Cheesy

Keep ignoring the points I make, instead keep focusing on my personal associations. Makes you sound like a bunch of sensationalist denialists.

Oh and also, I am but one person. "Trolls" is plural.

Exactly. Eh, I made a mistake. I'm tired. So I apologize for that. Your wall of filler quotes and the replies after it looked like more than one person was posting it, which you should understand would look more like a coordinated attack to me.

So you're not necessarily an obvious troll, but the way you posted your concerns is still pretty disingenuous. I said filler quotes above, because a lot of what you posted is filler. You could have easily raised questions about the negative points of CoinKite without creating a screen-sized post filled out with noise.

I think other people have said enough on those points. My general thought on CoinKite is that it's a great tool for the BlackCoin community to use. It may have some negative points but I could care less what other coin communities think.. Black's goals are different. Since I've been here I've noticed a big focus on real world adoption in this community. This service will undeniably help us get into point of sale. And many of the points you raised are not of concern to merchants. Many will need an extremely easy, hand-holding way to take crypto.. CoinKite is good for that. But if another better service comes along later, we'll be on that too.

In two weeks there will be a well established pizza chain 10 minutes from my house with a CoinKite terminal. I will be able to pay, easily and quickly, for my pizza with BlackCoin. It's hard for me not to see the potential in how big our community can make something like this. Cool
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:18:54 AM

MINT trolls are back.  Roll Eyes

The FUD is tired though, remember everyone, MINT tried to pay the fee but got burned by CoinKite so they're pretty damn motivated to discredit them.

Wow. You know it really says something about people when they have to label opposition with contextually derogatory assignments and dismiss their argument solely on those grounds instead of simply addressing their opposing points directly. I encourage anybody to go ahead and read the mint thread themselves from around the time when the community was trying to decide whether or not to go through with it. Then go read the Doge posts, the Vert posts, etc... You will be surprised. Also, you completely miss (ignore?) the rather important point that my initial post which sparked this discussion was a series of quotes from people from various different coin communities (none of them were from mintcoin). So, what was the reason for those communities to "discredit" coinkite? I am only regurgitating their "discrediting". I, and the rest of MINT (as though the coin is a conscious entity itself?), cannot take credit for the "discredit"  Cheesy

Keep ignoring the points I make, instead keep focusing on my personal associations. Makes you sound like a bunch of sensationalist denialists.

Oh and also, I am but one person. "Trolls" is plural.

Exactly. Eh, I made a mistake. I'm tired. So I apologize for that. Your wall of filler quotes and the replies after it looked like more than one person was posting it, which you should understand would look more like a coordinated attack to me.

So you're not necessarily an obvious troll, but the way you posted your concerns is still pretty disingenuous. I said filler quotes above, because a lot of what you posted is filler. You could have easily raised questions about the negative points of CoinKite without creating a screen-sized post filled out with noise.

I think other people have said enough on those points. My general thought on CoinKite is that it's a great tool for the BlackCoin community to use. It may have some negative points but I could care less what other coin communities think.. Black's goals are different. Since I've been here I've noticed a big focus on real world adoption in this community. This service will undeniably help us get into point of sale. And many of the points you raised are not of concern to merchants. Many will need an extremely easy, hand-holding way to take crypto.. CoinKite is good for that. But if another better service comes along later, we'll be on that too.

In two weeks there will be a well established pizza chain 10 minutes from my house with a CoinKite terminal. I will be able to pay, easily and quickly, for my pizza with BlackCoin. It's hard for me not to see the potential in how big our community can make something like this. Cool

Lucky! That is really awesome. I hope cryptos make it to my neck of the woods eventually. Maybe coinkite will be the one to make that happen.
KingSchultz

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:24:05 AM

I agree, to a point. Once again, I never said I thought it was a fraud and that quote was part of a reddit string which contained it and many other quotes and is more so just to show the sentiment expressed by other coin communities towards coinkite. But, in light of everything you just said, it just makes it harder to understand why thousands of people from other coin communities decided this opportunity was not worthwhile. That's where this stems from. If it is a totally great deal like you are making it out to be, than why didn't other coins go through with it? The fact that Dogecoin, Peercoin, Mastercoin, etc did not jump on it in an instant is a red flag to me and I am still trying to rationalize that. They could have very easily raised the money but they consciously chose not to and openly opposed it.

Dogecoin, Mastercoin, and Peercoin communities have plenty of business-savvy people in them who I would think would recognize a good investment when they saw one and  they have plenty of wealthy members who would be willing to fork over money for a good investment.

On a positive note: It will probably be very beneficial for all of cryptocurrency if coinkite does well. I'm just still very skeptical.

Most of the quotes you posted are from coin communities (Doge, Vert, ...) that were already on Moolah.io, which offers many merchant services. In fact, Moolah.io offers a point of sale terminal, but I think at this point it is software and not hardware. Either way, the CoinKite terminal is much more robust right now.

My point is: Moolah started with Doge on Reddit. Their history is intertwined. Negativity about CoinKite from Doge could very, very easily be simple bias against a competitor to 'their' service. The other coins on Moolah would find it easier to turn down CoinKite as there are somewhat similar options, and maybe a hardware terminal in the future.

That's a reasonable explanation for a lot of the negativity you posted. Now I am done with the subject as I am very tired.. and I have work to do.  Cheesy
negamus

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 05:26:12 AM

I agree, to a point. Once again, I never said I thought it was a fraud and that quote was part of a reddit string which contained it and many other quotes and is more so just to show the sentiment expressed by other coin communities towards coinkite. But, in light of everything you just said, it just makes it harder to understand why thousands of people from other coin communities decided this opportunity was not worthwhile. That's where this stems from. If it is a totally great deal like you are making it out to be, than why didn't other coins go through with it? The fact that Dogecoin, Peercoin, Mastercoin, etc did not jump on it in an instant is a red flag to me and I am still trying to rationalize that. They could have very easily raised the money but they consciously chose not to and openly opposed it.

Dogecoin, Mastercoin, and Peercoin communities have plenty of business-savvy people in them who I would think would recognize a good investment when they saw one and  they have plenty of wealthy members who would be willing to fork over money for a good investment.

Well, with this new found information, go ask those other communities why they didn't, instead of quoting 3+ month old quotes. I'm not making it out to be great deal, I'm just "discrediting" whats on those quotes that you quoted vs whats actually fact, the 2.47% fee charge when it's 1% or 0%, the 50% exchange markup share only applies to free kits, etc. At the time (3+ months ago) I could see why they passed on it, but coinkite has restructured their fees since.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 05:29:16 AM

So it seems the whale with the 100 BTC Buy Walls temporarily reversed the downtrend of BC. Do you think that was a coincidence or the whale weird trading behavior did it? Or do you think the whale was in on it the whole time.

I don't have any evidence the whale caused the downtrend. But he did buy a lot of BC when things were looking gloomy at a higher price then just setting a low buy wall at 23K sats.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
KingSchultz

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:37:10 AM

So it seems the whale with the 100 BTC Buy Walls temporarily reversed the downtrend of BC. Do you think that was a coincidence or the whale weird trading behavior did it? Or do you think the whale was in on it the whole time.

I don't have any evidence the whale caused the downtrend. But he did buy a lot of BC when things were looking gloomy at a higher price then just setting a low buy wall at 23K sats.

Well, the short-term downtrend was caused by a mass of fake sells. It was structured to look 'normal', but they were clearly a whale at play and disappeared right when the 100 BTC buy wall came back. It's hard to say whether it's one guy or not.

Whale games. It's so hard to tell what is really going on. I think it's best to hold your coins when they're about in such crazy fashion

digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:38:14 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 06:09:11 AM by digicidal

I remember having some of those reservations when I was researching them before sending my donation for the BC-Coinkite drive.

The bottom line was this: the investment was small in comparison to the advantages.  Sure 25BTC isn't exactly pocket change... but try getting dedicated POS terminals and custom software written for BlackCoin - for less than that, or for that matter for twice that much.

I rolled out POS systems for a client some years ago and the deposit for Verifone on 5 stations was something along the lines of $25K.  That was the deposit (kind of like a bond or good faith deposit actually).  Sure it wasn't gone forever, IIRC they would get it returned to their account after 24 months of operation - during which they'd be paying 3.5% on all of the transactions!

I think the merchant services have gotten much better with time and competition, and I'm sure the advent of smartphone kits for POS and services like Paypal cut in to their nice little extortion scheme... but at the same time - my client was more than happy to pay, because taking credit/debit card payments would boost sales by 30-40% per month.

However, the real justification is simply this... with coinkite, even if there's not a single placement yet, BC has an answer to the question "what can I buy with it" - or for a B&M shop "how can I get paid in it".  If I felt there was a possibility that the BC community could have developed their own in-house solution in less time... I might have argued against it as well.

But I think we all know that we're incredibly young, and relatively unknown still - so while some other very large communities might have the talent, and others might have the value... we had little of either at the time, and this seemed like a good interim solution.  Besides Coinkite is present and often a minor sponsor of many crypto currency conferences... so we get some side-promotion for that investment as well. Smiley
KingSchultz

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:44:51 AM

Well, with this new found information, go ask those other communities why they didn't, instead of quoting 3+ month old quotes. I'm not making it out to be great deal, I'm just "discrediting" whats on those quotes that you quoted vs whats actually fact, the 2.47% fee charge when it's 1% or 0%, the 50% exchange markup share only applies to free kits, etc. At the time (3+ months ago) I could see why they passed on it, but coinkite has restructured their fees since.

A lot of those quotes may have been biased anyway, if you didn't see my reply before. Smiley Many or most of those quotes were from coin communities on Moolah's services. In Doge's case, Moolah is practically intertwined in their history. CoinKite is a competitor to some of Moolah's services. Moolah sort of started on Reddit with Dogecoin, so all those quotes taken from Reddit, mostly of coins on Moolah's services, could definitely have a huge hint of bias.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:47:57 AM

^^ All very good points and ones I did not think about. Thank you, this is really all I was after. I was rather rude/offensive in my manner and for that I apologize.
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:59:18 AM

sorry for what might sound like a silly question, or if it's been asked before.
But I'm wonder if one of the guys in the blackcast (thedoge)
is also the same actor who plays gilfoyle in the TV show silicon valley.

a scene from the show with gilfoyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrzZ8-gfn0

Yisss all the way--- hahaha, I love that show, and no, that's not me.
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:22:01 AM

Wow, those huge amounts of cheap coins that are being dumped are being eaten in seconds. Awesome, no worries. The market seems really stimulated.

virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:28:00 AM

Them: Look into Blackcoin's eyes. Those big pretty eyes and tell me... Yes or no?
[We look at Blackcoin, tears slightly visible in our eyes]
Us: Yes.
Them: No! I don't believe it!

djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:32:13 AM

ahh i miss this community, just when you think that yet another thread will get destroyed by trolls and FUDders, a ray of sensible wholesome sunshine beams through and people start treating each other like human beings, and differences are solved.

and the whole coinkite thing, it'll be fun to go to a brick and mortar store and pay with BC, never done that before... seen lambos, planes, even houses for sale with cryptocurrencies, but never seen anyone go through with it, always seemed gimmicky. but a point-of-sale terminal is where the rubber meets the road. BC is priviledged to be apart of that first push with this service.

IMO it's only a matter of time until the banks get onboard with crypto, so they can eat all those fees, and they'll have a "bitcoin" debit card that's already tapped into all of their services, it will be no different from anyone inthe mainstream used to using ATMs and interac-type PoS debit payments. it will happen probably sooner than we all think, i'd imagine that by early next year we'll start hearing murmurings of these types of deals being ironed out behind closed doors. there's money to be made, and then crypto really breaks into the mainstream. coinkite is just the first step towards that Smiley hmm, i wonder what i'm going to buy... choices choices...

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
rfcdejong

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:38:43 AM

can I still bash on blackcoin for being a 100% clone with no actual innovation or work done and a big ass ponzi scam ?

because you  know ... it is.

What is Blackcoin a clone of?

I am a little concerned with the giant marketing push, and lack of technical details about the future of development.  Does the Dev ever communicate with the community?  I heard the Whitecoin dev bailed on that coin...  Is there a chance that could happen with Blackcoin?

rat4 is the dev. He is actively pushing commits every day on the github. Soepkip knows his personal details, I know Soepkip's personal details.

rat4 helped with security flaw in Mint and with an error in Cinni. He is building trust in the bitcoin community, and he has built a lot of trust in the Blackcoin community, unlike the Whitecoin dev.

If you want the full whitecoin story (up until the new team/ foundation, I know pretty much).

rat4 helped me for 14 hours in a row with alot of patience indeed
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:40:41 AM

can I still bash on blackcoin for being a 100% clone with no actual innovation or work done and a big ass ponzi scam ?

I am a little concerned with the giant marketing push, and lack of technical details about the future of development.  Does the Dev ever communicate with the community?  I heard the Whitecoin dev bailed on that coin...  Is there a chance that could happen with Blackcoin?

rat4 is the dev. He is actively pushing commits every day on the github. Soepkip knows his personal details, I know Soepkip's personal details.

rat4 helped with security flaw in Mint and with an error in Cinni. He is building trust in the bitcoin community, and he has built a lot of trust in the Blackcoin community, unlike the Whitecoin dev.

If you want the full whitecoin story (up until the new team/ foundation, I know pretty much).

can you fill me in with the WC story all i know there was hidden premine and they couldn't fix the're wallet/code

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:44:32 AM

can you fill me in with the WC story all i know there was hidden premine and they couldn't fix the're wallet/code

No, it was AC with the hidden premine. WC had PoS problems so the blockchain was unprotected.

virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:48:11 AM

I'm assuming that's IE with the Sell Wall here right now?

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:48:18 AM

No, it was AC with the hidden premine. WC had PoS problems so the blockchain was unprotected.
oh ;P

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
konamist

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:06:09 AM

With such good fundamentals, strong community and so many good news recently, I don't understand why the price is still dropping. Is it true that IE is dumping his BC? But this does not make any sense. I'm a little bit losing my patience... Da*n it

Subtuppel

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:11:00 AM

I've been working on a Blackcoin promotional video. I hired some people in my city to complete my lacking skills in 3D and music. I'm sure you guys will love it.
I already have a pile of work and days are passing fast, so it's taking a bit of time. I can't wait.

I think Blackcoin currently have all the qualities to survive this saturated market and reach real success in a year or two. Just don't wait for it, make it happen.

Please let IE do his work no matter his character. Like it or not he is still capable and experienced.
For the success of us all.

Objective : the black moon.
Although i thought differently a couple of weeks ago, we have definitely reached the point where IE leaving the scene forever would mean a big relief. For the last two weeks he hasn't done anything but talking about his massive influence, telling us that there is panic selling (he never saw some before as it seems) + telling people that he will tell them on day X if the can get a refund.
And since about half of the posts in "his thread" are his own, he started spamming this one too.

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: