Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:07:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 07:13:41 PM

Any ideas?

Yes, i have ideas...i have lots of them. I started to create a lot of them of which i got permission from the dev team to develop them like a new community forum (silkcointalk), a dutch related SC website and a topic on a HUGE techsite in Holland. Also updating SC related articles when new features comes out and last but not least....ignoring the fudders.

As for now the white paper has hardly been discussed by the community because most of them are staring at exchanges. But the white paper itself is a a huge note of how the crypto coins are evolving. An evolution of which banks, centralized markets and government are afraid of. And they should. Because decentralize internet based features is tha bomb and Silkcoin is going to let this happen.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:14:58 PM

Interesting coin with loads of features. Will be investing few Bitcoin Smiley
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:17:02 PM

Well said J..

#1 Start closing this thread and move on to a moderated one, FUD is scaring away new people
#2 To the devs: Post something technical, instead of front-end goodies. That's what I am interested in. Innovations? There are many with Silk. But I would love to see in depth tech talk.
#3 Post some polls about future choices!!  Smiley
#4 Last but not least. We all know there are a couple of addresses with silk in them (yes the premine thing again). Post a poll. What do WE want to do with it. Maybe charity? Good cause?  THATS what counts imo.

Hey Boestin,  thanks for the feedback Smiley

One thing I wanted to share was my thoughts on premines.  Premines are like guns.  They are neither good nor evil.  I think many in crypto have gotten a bad taste in their mouth over scammer who make coins and then dump their premine without doing ANY work.  It is fairly obvious through the wallet and promotions that the dev team is working very hard and spending the premine wisely.

Moreover, my concern is what happens when the devs run out of premine?  Should they work for free?  I think we need to eventually set up some sort of foundation to fund the dev team.  Another idea I had was for the stake blocks to pay a small percentage to the devs and also to eliminate the transaction fee as to me that is a legacy of PoW systems.

Thoughts?
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:22:41 PM

Any ideas?

Yes, i have ideas...i have lots of them. I started to create a lot of them of which i got permission from the dev team to develop them like a new community forum (silkcointalk), a dutch related SC website and a topic on a HUGE techsite in Holland. Also updating SC related articles when new features comes out and last but not least....ignoring the fudders.

As for now the white paper has hardly been discussed by the community because most of them are staring at exchanges. But the white paper itself is a a huge note of how the crypto coins are evolving. An evolution of which banks, centralized markets and government are afraid of. And they should. Because decentralize internet based features is tha bomb and Silkcoin is going to let this happen.

That is awesome.  I admire your drive! Smiley

Specifically regarding the eco system I would like to see a way we can exchange goods to peers without a site like craigslist or ebay.  The internal eco system would store the sellers reputation and a thread would be done for each sale to exchange information and ask questions.  Then the payment would be in silk coin.  If this comes to be it would really change eCommerce.  I saw the potential in the devs vision from day one.

I will stop by your thread and say HI Smiley
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:25:06 PM

Moreover, my concern is what happens when the devs run out of premine?  Should they work for free?  I think we need to eventually set up some sort of foundation to fund the dev team.  Another idea I had was for the stake blocks to pay a small percentage to the devs and also to eliminate the transaction fee as to me that is a legacy of PoW systems.

Thoughts?

Well if the developers want to get paid from that SC, then it should be transparant. For instance, like NEM.  Say they had 2 days of work for the exchange module in the new client. Then there should be a credit from the premine address. < that transaction should be transparant, public on the thread.

Staking is ofcourse a possibility, but will the 2 percent of a couple of million be enough?
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:30:11 PM

Thoughts?

Well if the developers want to get paid from that SC, then it should be transparant. For instance, like NEM.  Say they had 2 days of work for the exchange module in the new client. Then there should be a credit from the premine address. < that transaction should be transparant, public on the thread.

Staking is ofcourse a possibility, but will the 2 percent of a couple of million be enough?

I don't think the devs are worried about getting paid at the moment.  They are focused with getting the vision implemented.  Anyone on the team I am sure have personally bought their own silk and have that stake in it taking off.

Not sure what the percent would be.  When silk coin takes off a small % could be a good rev stream.  That rev stream could also go to marketing for adoption like payment processors. 
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:39:20 PM

you have had your question answered twice...
your post and concerns, although eloquent and not without value have been addressed
why are you so hung up on a single letter of the alphabet?
Because it isn't just a letter of the alphabet. It is a failure by the very team who launched 'Shock and Awe', a marketing strategy, to address something incredibly basic about the initial structure of this project when they decided to use the Blackcoin source code.

It does not represent a letter, it represents a fundamental failure in the quality standards of the project, from the very first days of its existence.

If your not happy with the answer why ask the question?
I am not happy with the answers I am being given but, what is worse, and something that should be of great concern to any other person considering this coin, is not that I am not happy with the answer, but that the official Silkcoin rep isn't happy with the question.

We are being asked to believe they can deliver a bold new 'Ecosystem' for a coin project they evidently handled sloppily at the very start.

I'm not asking for the letter 'B' to be changed, I'm asking for them to appreciate the failings that letter now represents in their coin's wallet address format and to assuage our concerns as to the type of poor workmanship and quality standards that mistake is clearly representative of.

What has changed in their team, their methodology and practice since then?

If their response is to ask me to keep quiet, I'm guessing not a lot has changed. That's what I'm trying to establish, whether the same behaviours that brought us 'Shock and Awe' along with shockingly poor oversight, have been addressed at all.

U mad bro? You obviously are not happy, why not just leave then? You are sounding more and more childish with each post, crying like a little brat who keeps asking Mommy, "WHY?!".

You know I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and even after I sucked up an early comment about you stating I was a troll for the Whitepaper. Seriously get some help. One minute you sound intelligent, the next minute you sound like a narcissistic brat. Don't bother responding, it falls on deaf ears now.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:41:00 PM

Thoughts?

I don't think the devs are worried about getting paid at the moment.  They are focused with getting the vision implemented.  Anyone on the team I am sure have personally bought their own silk and have that stake in it taking off.

Not sure what the percent would be.  When silk coin takes off a small % could be a good rev stream.  That rev stream could also go to marketing for adoption like payment processors. 

I don't mind if the devs from time to time take a bit from the premine and use it for themself, because let's be honest, who is going to work so many hours for free?? I wouldn't.

Can't wait for the wallet update, wanna test the inside wallet trading  Grin
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:42:39 PM

Thoughts?

I don't mind if the devs from time to time take a bit from the premine and use it for themself, because let's be honest, who is going to work so many hours for free?? I wouldn't.

Can't wait for the wallet update, wanna test the inside wallet trading  Grin

Me too... It would be awesome to trade in the wallet with multiple exchanges... The bot could arbitrate the best price! WOW!

Even better imagine if you want to sell me your video card and we can transact it through the wallet!  Ebay goes by by Smiley
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:47:26 PM

Thoughts?

Yeah, me too.   I absolutely don't mind if the devs take some of the premine.  But if they do let it be transparant. That way there will be no FUD afterwards  Wink  Make it a poll  Cool
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:00:55 PM

Well said J..

#1 Start closing this thread and move on to a moderated one, FUD is scaring away new people
#2 To the devs: Post something technical, instead of front-end goodies. That's what I am interested in. Innovations? There are many with Silk. But I would love to see in depth tech talk.
#3 Post some polls about future choices!!  Smiley
#4 Last but not least. We all know there are a couple of addresses with silk in them (yes the premine thing again). Post a poll. What do WE want to do with it. Maybe charity? Good cause?  THATS what counts imo.

Hey Boestin,  thanks for the feedback Smiley

One thing I wanted to share was my thoughts on premines.  Premines are like guns.  They are neither good nor evil.  I think many in crypto have gotten a bad taste in their mouth over scammer who make coins and then dump their premine without doing ANY work.  It is fairly obvious through the wallet and promotions that the dev team is working very hard and spending the premine wisely.

Thoughts?

With regard to #2.  I have argued for a self modded thread.  I am beginning to rethink that.  I like that we have a place where everyone can post their comments.  People who FUD become known FUDDERS and can be ignored.  Now I know that all opinions can be pasted here.  Badass made a self modded thread so there is a place for filtered discussions for people to go to.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:17:55 PM

A self modded thread is in fact not really needed, but it brings back the peace in this ANN thread. Also the community learns his lessons now how to deal with fudders. The fudders know we have a new place to jump to of which they do not have any grip on. Which in fact means, total rejection. It brings us back to where we are now...discussing the coin and its features. I think it is a perfect solution. The community has taken care of the fudders on a very respectable way. A thumbs up for ourself. The more websites about SC comes online, the best it is for strengthening the community and the coin.
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:20:24 PM

A self modded thread is in fact not really needed, but it brings back the peace in this ANN thread. Also the community learns his lessons now how to deal with fudders. The fudders know we have a new place to jump to of which they do not have any grip on. Which in fact means, total rejection. It brings us back to where we are now...discussing the coin and its features. I think it is a perfect solution.

I agree Smiley Great job stepping up and supporting Silk Coin... with the modded forum, your article, and website accepting Silk coin! Awesome Smiley
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:22:33 PM

A self modded thread is in fact not really needed, but it brings back the peace in this ANN thread. Also the community learns his lessons now how to deal with fudders. The fudders know we have a new place to jump to of which they do not have any grip on. Which in fact means, total rejection. It brings us back to where we are now...discussing the coin and its features. I think it is a perfect solution.

I agree Smiley Great job stepping up and supporting Silk Coin... with the modded forum, your article, and website accepting Silk coin! Awesome Smiley

Oh bro, i have more tricks in my sleeve  Cool
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:32:41 PM

Hey, I added your site to my site under crypto links! Smiley http://www.judgecrypto.com/crypto-links.html
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:40:01 PM

Hey, I added your site to my site under crypto links! Smiley http://www.judgecrypto.com/crypto-links.html

Nice thank you. Of course you got one back Wink
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:48:45 PM

As long as the devs are still active and are supporting coin, im still in and supporting.

Me too.
MEGAman

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:07:49 PM

Looks like we should see 1700 before the day is over. Each day since silkcoin hit MintPal we have seen a new all-time MintPal low. I expect that trend to continue until sub-500 when the drop should slow down a bit.
komodovpn

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:08:39 PM

Looks like we should see 1700 before the day is over. Each day since silkcoin hit MintPal we have seen a new all-time MintPal low. I expect that trend to continue until sub-500 when the drop should slow down a bit.

lmao you're such a fucking tool

seriously man, get a life

[ Minerals ] - The most fair distribution crypto
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:18:19 PM

We are 5 devs working on the code, at launch one of them looked the part of the address but since he's not used to Base58 encoding he checked https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding and thought 25 would be S. Remember we are multiple devs working on the code.
Regarding your coment cryptodevil, how can you say the first letter of the public key is the engine Wink?

We discovered it pretty soon, but what implication does this have? None. On the other hand would you really think it would be a good idea to change the address formatting after launch? No.
Anyway, how can anyone call this a problem? We have bigger problems to deal with, and if this is the only criticism you can make over Silk, well we're happy.

On other news, seeing the last nights dumps we will try to include the built-in exchanger in tomorrow's update to boost up confidence a bit in the market.
We are also trying our best to finish the revision of the paper as soon as possible. I hope you still liked the present released infos Wink.

Last thing, we are thinking about moving the thread to a self-mod thread. I was against that idea at first but seeing it's becoming impossible to have a civilized discussion/debate here because of the FUD & co we feel this our only option.

Thanks for the explanation. The transparency is very much appreciated!
I actually thought the B was a reference and tribute to Bitcoin from which Silkcoin grew. Smiley  (My mind makes me happy.)

On another note: looking forward to wallet update! There is nothing wrong with the current one but it is exciting to see it improved.
Also: there is already an unofficial self moderated thread that you might be aware of at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.0

Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: