Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:23:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:52:20 PM

I always wait a little bit before getting the latest wallet, unless there is a fork involved.

In other news, when are we getting our multipool? The market could use the buy pressure and I don't want BTC at the moment.

I have been hoping for a multipool to start pumping up the price too.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:55:54 PM

What you guys really need is a defibrillator  Cheesy
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:07:26 AM

I am thinking to collect 1 BTC in total from donations, and with this we will buy a full written article at www.cryptocoinsnews.com that will definitely boost it.

Perhaps a good idea to get a trusted escrow service to hold the coins while we try to reach 1 BTC.

The potential of this project is bigger than most people think, good publicity would be great and much welcome.

Shouldn't the 4.5% premine funds be used for this type of thing?

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
MEGAman

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:14:00 AM

I am thinking to collect 1 BTC in total from donations, and with this we will buy a full written article at www.cryptocoinsnews.com that will definitely boost it.

Perhaps a good idea to get a trusted escrow service to hold the coins while we try to reach 1 BTC.

The potential of this project is bigger than most people think, good publicity would be great and much welcome.

Shouldn't the 4.5% premine funds be used for this type of thing?

Well the dev already dumped all of that. He needs more of your money if you want him to keep stringing you along. Otherwise he'll just move on to his new scam - he already has the domain. It's a lot easier making a quick 100 BTC off a fresh premine scam than it is trying to bring a coin back from the dead and spend hundreds of hours of work innovating. Why not just clone his source coin, change a couple things, premine, and lie about some crazy hyped up feature that will never see the light of day? Worked great on you guys and will work great on a new batch of suckers. I'm sure some of you will even fall for it again. He gets off completely free because he just gets to vanish and make a new name.
p4ch1nk0

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:15:48 AM

I don't think they should spend the premine to have blog posts written. They were gonna have us campaign through social media instead. People will write blog posts as soon as we get our kickass feature set.

Well the dev already dumped all of that. He needs more of your money if you want him to keep stringing you along. Otherwise he'll just move on to his new scam - he already has the domain. It's a lot easier making a quick 100 BTC off a fresh premine scam than it is trying to bring a coin back from the dead and spend hundreds of hours of work innovating. Why not just clone his source coin, change a couple things, premine, and lie about some crazy hyped up feature that will never see the light of day? Worked great on you guys and will work great on a new batch of suckers. I'm sure some of you will even fall for it again. He gets off completely free because he just gets to vanish and make a new name.

I know what you mean, man. I only have about a thousand silk and I'd love to get some more soon too!
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:16:00 AM

Check out this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599438.msg7373864#msg7373864

I had a very similar issue, even though I was running win 7 x64, it kept giving me the error.  I finally decided to installed the x86 32 bit version on my computer and it worked.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8328

EDIT: Also had to copy these 2 files (msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll) from C:\Windows\System32 to the same folder as the silkcoin-qt.exe.

Cheers for the link, however still not working after trying both the x64 & x86 versions & copying those files in the wallet folder.
Now just crashes with no error.

I'm not too bothered for now... will wait and see what the next update brings, and use 1.0.9 until then.

I had to place the 110 DLL's (not 100) in the same dir as the qt - then worked for my on win 7 x 64 - but mintpal exchange data no dice.

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:20:16 AM

Metroid,

OK, you are not making any sense at this point and you are illustrating your ignorance within this specific subject matter. I am trying to conduct some serious conversation and you keep shouting quips and phrases to be recognized. Can you please do that somewhere else to satisfy your ego?

MEGAman

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:20:39 AM

I don't think they should spend the premine to have blog posts written. They were gonna have us campaign through social media instead. People will write blog posts as soon as we get our kickass feature set.

True yeah. Especially when the premine is already gone. I mean he has spent AT LEAST 40 hours working on this and has only made about 125 BTC dumping the premine and instamine. I think it's only fair you guys cough up more money. 40 hours of work and all he made was a measley $100,000 USD? I mean doctors make that much in a year and all they do is save lives - this poor guy released a premined Blackcoin clone - he deserves more money for that. You think it's easy to keep stringing you all along?
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:21:36 AM

Fixed problem.  Updated windows, defragged reg, deleted appdata and downloaded qt from top of thread.   Everything works perfect now.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
R2-D2R2

Activity: 269

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:22:21 AM

Which multipool you referring to?

I always wait a little bit before getting the latest wallet, unless there is a fork involved.

In other news, when are we getting our multipool? The market could use the buy pressure and I don't want BTC at the moment.

AnaSardinha

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:22:39 AM

I would like to ask for some help pls.  Grin
I'm trying to mint some SC but I don't know if I'm forgetting something.
I hover over the lighting type icon and it says the days left for reward, I've been patiently waiting to see, came down to a day, had to restart the PC, the expected time for reward now went up again, this time to 4 days. At this rate, (and maybe of fault of accustomed to faster minting) I'm starting to think I'll never see it minting. Anything I can do to improve this? Any tips?

Razorcoin : RHWYvxwYtymjxWnZLcHumxma84RDUGEUqq
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:25:31 AM

True yeah. Especially when the premine is already gone. I mean he has spent AT LEAST 40 hours working on this and has only made about 125 BTC dumping the premine and instamine. I think it's only fair you guys cough up more money. 40 hours of work and all he made was a measley $100,000 USD? I mean doctors make that much in a year and all they do is save lives - this poor guy released a premined Blackcoin clone - he deserves more money for that. You think it's easy to keep stringing you all along?

It's fine, I trust the team will do the right things with the project and understand it does take some time to get things right. If they spent all their time posting on this forum I doubt I would take them serious. Especially responding to folks that are rude and lack social skills. I hope you got your order filled, that was the last chance.

arteleis

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:28:46 AM

Prices moving up on all exchanges.

arteleis

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:30:06 AM

Silkcoin is pure Proof of Stake coin, except in the 2 stages of initial distribution where POS and POW are mixed. First stage lasted 5 days, we're now in the second POS phase, next phase will be the last POW phase.
There will be 3 phases of distribution, a week (10 000 blocks) of POW/POS followed by a full month of pure POS; Then when Silkcoin gained some popularity a last phase of POW/POS similar to the first one will happen, helping distributing silkcoins to the maximum number of people before full POS stage. The fixed interest rate is 2% and coin start earning coin-age after 12 hours.

Built-in market explorer (soon exchanger), block explorer, statistics, coin control, QR code, beautiful UI, reserve balance, easy unlock/lock for staking, built-in IRC chat, and a lot more to come! We will be releasing new updates every week, and in 10 days since launch we already released 2 updates greatly improving users experience.

We're also working on a big project we call silkcoin eco-system where all will de decentralized more infos here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599438.msg6829311#msg6829311 it will be released shorty after we reach the last full POS phase.

Specifications
  • Block time: 1 minute
  • Maximum POW supply: ~45 million
  • Difficulty retarget: every block
  • Stake interest: 2% annually
  • Min transaction fee: 0.0001 SC
  • Fees are paid to miners
  • Confirmations: 10, maturity: 350
  • Minimum stake age: 12 hours - No max age
  • P2P port: 16666, RPC port: 16667

Stages and Proof of Work
  • Algorithm: scrypt
  • Block reward: 5000 SC in first stage and 2500 in third stage
  • First stage POS-POW : block 1 to 10 000 (~5 days & ~30 million coins because of POS blocks)
  • Second stage Full POS : block 10 000 to 50 000 (~30 days)
  • Third stage POS-POW : block 50 000 to 60 000 (~5 days & ~30 million coins because of POS blocks)
  • Third stage POS-POW : block 50 000 to 60 000 (~5 days & ~15 million coins because of POS blocks)
- HARD FORKED to please everyone Smiley
  • Last stage - Full POS at 2% per year and 12 hours maturity

Exchanges -- Exchanges PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CLIENT AND POST IN THE THREAD TO BE RE-ADDED --

Pools -- POOLS PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CLIENT AND POST IN THE THREAD TO BE ADDED --

Pools with payouts in SC
  • www.hashco .ws
  • Dedicated SC multipool coming for last phase on the community demand

Here is the paper, and the whole theory revolving around silkcoin eco-system.

Now let's talk about this eco-system. We didn't want to unveil it this soon but since we talked a bit about I will tell you a few things. First of all it's in very early stages, so don't get too excited it won't be out before at least 2-3 months.
The whole system works with torrents and the blockchain, Satoshi's greatest invention wasn't the bitcoin currency it was the blockchain. He invented the first way to really decentralize anything, on a freedom point of view there's so much more to be done than a currency.

So here's how it works, once you're connected through your wallet, you will be able to access a local website on your computer at 127.0.0.1:1666, this hub will regoup a lot of different functions all decentralized and based on the blockchain.
And yes this means no censoring and freedom of speech. We're pretty sure we can succeed in time to make all the planned functionalities, but they will be added progressively. I'll detail later what the first integrations will be.
This hub works a bit like a social network, with profiles, friends, post boards etc.. You'll generate a unique user that will be tied to your secret key, if you lose the secret key there's no way to retrieve your account. To interact with someone (make an exchange, send a message etc..) you'll have to be friends with each other, this is a limitation we can do nothing about.
At the moment we think we'll launch social network features and file sharing first since they are already working pretty great on full POS. Exchanger will follow, we're still having a few unresolved issues. And we thought of a marketplace but we're still discussing the implications and we don't think it will be feasible because of a lot of obvious concerns. These are the main primary objectives at the moment, but of course there's plenty of possibilities and ideas who knows how all this will evolve.

Design is also in very early stages, don't be shocked if it doesn't look very sexy!

Here's a screen of the network status when you open the wallet & connect to the website. You can't do anything until the blockchain is up to date and data downloaded. Then of the profile, most functions you see are already working pretty well. We'll show you a screenshot of the exchanger once it's a bit more advanced, at the moment it's not looking like anything Smiley.

Of course we welcome any dev who wants to help us, just contact us with your skills we need all the help we can get. And no, if you copy-pasted a coin you're not a dev Smiley.
We'll answer all questions in time, I know there must be a lot of questions arising but look at the size of this post hehe and at first we didn't want to talk about it so soon Shocked again, it's still in very early stages but the system we use seems to be working great.

As you can see, if this eco-system comes out it's going to be huge. It's a decentralized censorfree world, you'll be staking, securing the network and winning money while browsing the eco-system. And Silkcoin will be the main currency here, we'd actually be the first to really solve the issue of most cryptos "what to do with my coins other than speculate" and manage to keep a lot of users with the wallet open to secure even more the network.

Services
Stores

Medias & Press

FAQ
  • No, Silkcoin is not affiliated in any way with silkroad, "silk = the very fine soft lustrous fibre produced by a silkworm to make its cocoon"
  • What is Proof Of Stake and how can i mine?
    Proof of stake is another way of mining, which involves holding coins. Coins staying still for more than 12 hours start generating what we call coin age, once it has started you may hit a stake block and win an interest on staked coins. Like in POW, hitting blocks is a bit random so don't be alarmed if you *should* hit a block soon and you don't. You don't have to keep your wallet open to generate coin age but you have to let it open to hit a stake block.
  • How compound interest is calculated?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compound_interest#Compound_Interest
  • Is the number of coins limited?
    100 million coins will be generated throught POW and POS generation is not limited.
  • Why the 4% premine? (supposed to be 2% of 100 million at first but evolved due to Fork & POS blocks)
    We thought about it for a while and decided a premine was mandatory for the success of the coin. First it helps distribution as does the 2 POW phases, a fact that is widely criticized with POS cryptos featuring 1 distribution stage, 50% premine, ipos...
    Then have a look at all the dying 0 premine coins trying in vain to raise community bounties (yes blackcoin is an exception and a amazing coin and we wish all the best for them).
    Our decision is final so please don't complain about it, you are free to go mine another coin, and also free to claim your part of the premine by helping the coin and our community.
    About 1 100 000 SC is left from the premine today 15 june 2014.

• When will the built-in block explorer be fully finished?
    Main functions are here so currently it is not in progress. But expect a lot of changes in the new version coming out before the second POW phase.
  • How do i keep some money from staking? Why would i do that?
    Just go in settings and set the "reserve balance" field which stands for the amount of money you DON'T want to stake, your money is stuck while it is staking that's why you may want to keep a determined amount available.

Bounties
  • 1 000 SC - Write an article about Silkcoin (available before launch also)
  • 2 500 SC for any basic service (contact us)
  • Contact us for translations bounty depends on how much you translate
  • 5 000 for any major service
  • 10 000 if you solve the runtime error triggered by the debug console
  • 10 000 for first minor exchange
  • 30 000 for first major exchange
  • 5 000 SC for any pool with SC payout
  • Ongoing objective bounties for a Facebook manager
  • Ongoing objective bounties for a Reddit manager
  • Ongoing objective bounties for all developers
  • Contact us with your services we will offer you a bounty

- If wallet crashes, relaunch it happens ONLY on  first launch.

silkcoin.conf
rpcport=16667
server=1
addnode=107.170.61.197
addnode=107.170.73.238

Please share your thoughts about Silkcoin and your vision for our future, tell us what you want for this coin and we'll make it happen.
Don't hesitate to ask any question, we are here to enlighten you.

http://www.silk-coin.com/
QQ Group : SilkCoin中国 361119649

So everyone is up to date on what's going on.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:30:39 AM

I would like to ask for some help pls.  Grin
I'm trying to mint some SC but I don't know if I'm forgetting something.
I hover over the lighting type icon and it says the days left for reward, I've been patiently waiting to see, came down to a day, had to restart the PC, the expected time for reward now went up again, this time to 4 days. At this rate, (and maybe of fault of accustomed to faster minting) I'm starting to think I'll never see it minting. Anything I can do to improve this? Any tips?

you can compare staking with the mining process in proof of work (PoW) coins like bitcoin.
just that hashing power in bitcoin would equal the amount of silkcoin you are staking.

higher amount of silkcoin staked-> higher interest (blockrewards) and more frequently

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
MEGAman

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:30:59 AM

It's fine, I trust the team will do the right things with the project and understand it does take some time to get things right. If they spent all their time posting on this forum I doubt I would take them serious. Especially responding to folks that are rude and lack social skills. I hope you got your order filled, that was the last chance.

Oh no I think you are confused - I never bought this piece of shit and never will. Did you miss everything I said? Also the dev dumped everything - premine, instamine, and all - I wouldn't expect too much more activity from him. He's busy on his next scam already. He will surely post again to string you along even more even though he no longer benefits. Why would he work hard for you guys for free? He sold his shares - he's done. A guy that premines 4.5% and then dumps it on the market isn't looking out for your best interests - I promise.
MEGAman

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:32:58 AM

This is a new record of pathetic when retards are still polluting and bumping this thread with the original post - my god. Horrible scam and worse community. Fucken dipshits - this is the messiest thread I've ever seen. 300+ pages of horseshit, lies, and reposts sprinkled with a handful of sane people like myself.
Rainer4256

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:37:57 AM

There is already a multipool. Go to https://hashco.ws/
You can choose to be paid in SC.

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:38:54 AM

It is sad how a single troll with waaaaay too much time on his hands can take over an entire thread on this forum.
I thought your boss came on here and told you to take a xanax and chill? What happened with that?
Maybe you should go check out all those coins promising anon- you might be able to use them to buy more drugs (if they ever actually have working anon).
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:44:59 AM

MEGAman a.k.a fat mike , MEGA vs fat, hmmm probably all day eating and sleeping and living on state benefits....
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: