May 04, 2024, 05:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIBERTYCOIN][XLB] v1.0.3.0 | X11 | 100% POS | No IPO | No Premine |  (Read 359751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:31:22 PM

The dev's mistake was bringing on IE in the first place.  The guy is a liar, a swindler, and a fraud.  The only reputation that was ruined was his and those of his fanboy shills.

The dev knew what IE was, and brought him in anyway (it was public knowlege - if he didnt know, he was negligent or didnt care)

IE, IE's people and the general community were all the victims of the Developer.  Sure, you can be happy that a known scammer got his due (IE), but you can then look to the developer and his actions since then and judge him accordingly.  The way it looks from the outside is that he is either incompetent or malicious or both.

Like I said, bringing him on was a mistake.  They were momentarily conned by a con-artist.  In a year it won't matter.

They handled that removal in an incompetent manner.  They have handled questions and concerns with heavy handed censorship.  They have been uneven and contradictory with their communication.

They have hidden behind the concept of liberty - a concept that has been used throughout history to both inflame passions for good and to take advantage of those whose passions are inflamed by the word.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sakikumo

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:39:10 PM

Ah nice fit
Published bad here
EXCHANGE start dumping

What do you want? After pressure from cheap to buy?
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:40:40 PM

The dev's mistake was bringing on IE in the first place.  The guy is a liar, a swindler, and a fraud.  The only reputation that was ruined was his and those of his fanboy shills.

The dev knew what IE was, and brought him in anyway (it was public knowlege - if he didnt know, he was negligent or didnt care)

IE, IE's people and the general community were all the victims of the Developer.  Sure, you can be happy that a known scammer got his due (IE), but you can then look to the developer and his actions since then and judge him accordingly.  The way it looks from the outside is that he is either incompetent or malicious or both.

Like I said, bringing him on was a mistake.  They were momentarily conned by a con-artist.  In a year it won't matter.

They handled that removal in an incompetent manner.  They have handled questions and concerns with heavy handed censorship.  They have been uneven and contradictory with their communication.

They have hidden behind the concept of liberty - a concept that has been used throughout history to both inflame passions for good and to take advantage of those whose passions are inflamed by the word.
If i made some coin i would also made heavy cencurship..this forum has became just filled like blsh like you doing now..ok you posted about IE so DOES NOT NEED TO REPEAT IT IN 1424124124 POSTS.

Insted off doing something good this forum has became tools for day traiders ..they sell and come here to post apocalypse so that all othere to sell..when they buy then their gone until they sell again

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:43:31 PM

They handled that removal in an incompetent manner.  They have handled questions and concerns with heavy handed censorship.  They have been uneven and contradictory with their communication.

How would you have handled the removal?

The one doing the most heavy-handed censorship was IE--who of course, later cried when his useless spam was deleted.  

I think the communication could be a little better, but I don't understand why some people need so much hand-holding.  People need to learn to think and discern for themselves.  Obvious bullshitters and blowhards are obvious.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:45:39 PM

Ah nice fit
Published bad here
EXCHANGE start dumping

What do you want? After pressure from cheap to buy?

The dev's mistake was bringing on IE in the first place.  The guy is a liar, a swindler, and a fraud.  The only reputation that was ruined was his and those of his fanboy shills.

IE, IE's people and the general community were all the victims of the Developer.  Sure, you can be happy that a known scammer got his due (IE), but you can then look to the developer and his actions since then and judge him accordingly.  The way it looks from the outside is that he is either incompetent or malicious or both.

Like I said, bringing him on was a mistake.  They were momentarily conned by a con-artist.  In a year it won't matter.

If i made some coin i would also made heavy cencurship..this forum has became just filled like blsh like you doing now..ok you posted about IE so DOES NOT NEED TO REPEAT IT IN 1424124124 POSTS.

Insted off doing something good this forum has became tools for day traiders ..they sell and come here to post apocalypse so that all othere to sell..when they buy then their gone until they sell again

I think you guys nailed it! 
voisina

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Boomslang,
Well all of your negativity has worked. Congratulations. The value of the coin has plummeted again. You protected the people on that one. Now anyone invested has lost value again.
Thank you.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:52:43 PM

Boomslang,
Well all of your negativity has worked. Congratulations. The value of the coin has plummeted again. You protected the people on that one. Now anyone invested has lost value again.
Thank you.

Why are you encouraging him?  His self-esteem probably just shot through the roof.
Boomslang

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:53:26 PM

It is in the hands of the devs to manage the output and direction of Libertycoin, not the community, not fudders, not fanboyz and not rational investors.  The one person who was trying to do this management is no longer involved.

Libertycoin is an open source project and centralization is against crypto's principles. I do not recall Satoshi Nakamoto managing the direction of Bitcoin.  

Let me change your sentence to how I see it:

It is not in the hands of the devs to manage the output and direction of Libertycoin, it's in the hands of the community.

I fully agree it is open source.  We may be a lot safer if it wasn't and the code was not so easily picked up by coinmakers and exploited for their own ends.  I am referring to the host of coins that have failed in the past.  

I am NOT accusing Libertycoin devs of this.  I am analysing their statements and deriving information.

But you misunderstand "centralization".

It refers to the currency itself - specifically Bitcoin if you want to be picky, as they were running for 4 years before anyone else even noticed.

It does not, however, refer to the management of that coin or how any de-centralized currencies are managed - only how the coins are mined and held.  It removes the necessity for a centralized bank issuing FIAT currencies.  The creation of wealth is done by the miners themselves, not a mint controlled by governments or private investors  

Take a look at Bitcoin - is their management imploding?  Do they have shit fights in public?  No.

They are not responsible for the market, nor any of the altcoins that have arisen.

Bitcointalk - BITCOINtalk - was set up and is MODERATED.

The altcoin threads are NOT moderated and BCT are not responsible for the output.  

If any coin - ANY COIN - is substantially pre-mined or targetted by gigahash individuals or groups, the de-centralization is destroyed completely because the devs and high-order hashers become, in effect PRIVATE INVESTORS in control of the minting and supply of the coin.

Let me be clear - I am NOT accusing the devs of pre-mining or being in control of high-end hash power.  Others have made these accusations elsewhere, but I have not been one of them.  I have no idea who owns what coins or where they are.

But the fact still exists in cryptos.

Release a coin, pre-mine a few %, point pool miners at them and hammer away until the supply is eaten up.

Get that coin onto an exchange, pump it up, dump the initial pre-mine, tell users there were problems with the pools, have users screaming in the forums for their coins meanwhile collect and dump the poolmined coins and exit.

A few mining pools have been guilty of this, often for many different coins.

If you see a new coin listed and there are a flood of posts from pool operators, you may want to wonder why.

The pool I mined with gave me 100% of my mined coins.

The problems are widespread and systematic.  The exploitation is highly visible if you open your eyes and educate yourself.

And what happens to the household miner who bought a rig hoping to make a few quid who is forced to pool because of the gigahash output and is forced to become a currency trader just to pay for the running costs?

Liberty, it seems, is not for all, but for those with the biggest hammer.

mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:03:27 PM

It is in the hands of the devs to manage the output and direction of Libertycoin, not the community, not fudders, not fanboyz and not rational investors.  The one person who was trying to do this management is no longer involved.

Libertycoin is an open source project and centralization is against crypto's principles. I do not recall Satoshi Nakamoto managing the direction of Bitcoin.  

Let me change your sentence to how I see it:

It is not in the hands of the devs to manage the output and direction of Libertycoin, it's in the hands of the community.

I fully agree it is open source.  We may be a lot safer if it wasn't and the code was not so easily picked up by coinmakers and exploited for their own ends.  I am referring to the host of coins that have failed in the past.  

I am NOT accusing Libertycoin devs of this.  I am analysing their statements and deriving information.

But you misunderstand "centralization".

It refers to the currency itself - specifically Bitcoin if you want to be picky, as they were running for 4 years before anyone else even noticed.

It does not, however, refer to the management of that coin or how any de-centralized currencies are managed - only how the coins are mined and held.  It removes the necessity for a centralized bank issuing FIAT currencies.  The creation of wealth is done by the miners themselves, not a mint controlled by governments or private investors  

Take a look at Bitcoin - is their management imploding?  Do they have shit fights in public?  No.

They are not responsible for the market, nor any of the altcoins that have arisen.

Bitcointalk - BITCOINtalk - was set up and is MODERATED.

The altcoin threads are NOT moderated and BCT are not responsible for the output.  

If any coin - ANY COIN - is substantially pre-mined or targetted by gigahash individuals or groups, the de-centralization is destroyed completely because the devs and high-order hashers become, in effect PRIVATE INVESTORS in control of the minting and supply of the coin.

Let me be clear - I am NOT accusing the devs of pre-mining or being in control of high-end hash power.  Others have made these accusations elsewhere, but I have not been one of them.  I have no idea who owns what coins or where they are.

But the fact still exists in cryptos.

Release a coin, pre-mine a few %, point pool miners at them and hammer away until the supply is eaten up.

Get that coin onto an exchange, pump it up, dump the initial pre-mine, tell users there were problems with the pools, have users screaming in the forums for their coins meanwhile collect and dump the poolmined coins and exit.

A few mining pools have been guilty of this, often for many different coins.

If you see a new coin listed and there are a flood of posts from pool operators, you may want to wonder why.

The pool I mined with gave me 100% of my mined coins.

The problems are widespread and systematic.  The exploitation is highly visible if you open your eyes and educate yourself.

And what happens to the household miner who bought a rig hoping to make a few quid who is forced to pool because of the gigahash output and is forced to become a currency trader just to pay for the running costs?

Liberty, it seems, is not for all, but for those with the biggest hammer.

You almost seem to have a point here.  Are you really criticizing LibertyCoin for the state of the alt-currency world?  Are you criticizing them because those with the most hash/ wealth can get the most coin?  What remedy would you suggest?  Communism? The greatest tragedy of the 20th century?  Regarding your poor daytrader comment, are you trying to justify your FUD?
voisina

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:06:26 PM

Sell your coins cheap. Boomslang will buy them up. Unless the price isn't low enough for him yet. If he keeps talking you'll know he wants a lower price.
voisina

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:13:46 PM

Boomslang, you said the dream of liberty has been used to take advantage of people.
That reminds me of you saying you're here to protect people while spreading your negativity in an attempt to lower the value of a market, lessening people's wealth.
Boomslang keeps saying to educate yourself. If you are persuaded by him then he is right, you are uneducated.
hashpuppy

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:14:46 PM

These fudster are really very good.  They accumulate coins at low price create a gimmick/twitter to support the coin.  When the coins goes up they dump them.  Then create FUD again to buy low.  Then rinse and repeat.  They accumulate BTC in the process and expand their XLB holdings.  Very clever really.  This happens in every coin i get to know that interest them.

Boomslang

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:16:44 PM

You almost seem to have a point here.  Are you really criticizing LibertyCoin for the state of the alt-currency world?  Are you criticizing them because those with the most hash/ wealth can get the most coin?  What remedy would you suggest?  Communism? The greatest tragedy of the 20th century?  Regarding your poor daytrader comment, are you trying to justify your FUD?

I am not criticizing Libertycoin for the state of the alt-currency world.

It is simply one that I wanted to do really well and wanted to be involved with actively.

Because of what happened, I have spent some time assessing the state of cryptos - their birth, growth, evolution and current state.

I am pointing out that cryptos in general are ripe for exploitation and that the core of it is embedded in the original whitepaper by Satoshi.  

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Section 6.

"The incentive may help encourage nodes to stay honest. If a greedy attacker is able to
assemble more CPU power than all the honest nodes, he would have to choose between using it
to defraud people by stealing back his payments, or using it to generate new coins. He ought to
find it more profitable to play by the rules, such rules that favour him with more new coins than
everyone else combined, than to undermine the system and the validity of his own wealth."

This is why mining exists, why the solo miner started to mine in the first place, why they are at the receiving end of exploitation, why pool mining exists and why ASICs were created.

The extract from the whitepaper is often used to explain 51% attacks.

The implications are deeper than that and I will not explain any further.

But look again - what is Satoshi trying to achieve?  He is saying that it should pay more to be honest than to be a thief.

He also says "playing by the rules".  

Those rules no longer exist with ASICs and high-end hashers, because they were written at a time when hashing was done on CPUs.

One person, One vote no longer applies today.
Boomslang

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:19:32 PM

These fudster are really very good.  They accumulate coins at low price create a gimmick/twitter to support the coin.  When the coins goes up they dump them.  Then create FUD again to buy low.  Then rinse and repeat.  They accumulate BTC in the process and expand their XLB holdings.  Very clever really.  This happens in every coin i get to know that interest them.

People come into the forums and only read the last page or two.

They don't read Post #6376
bitbd83

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

Why we appreciate this types of FUD discussion in this forum. This forum should be moderated like UTC forum.
When liberty is rising, this fucking types of FUDER is arriving here and posting theoretical (maniac) posting. This may ruined NOOBS sentiment.  
 I think a new coin rising base its noobs holder despite of all good features & marketing.

KICK DIRECTLY TO ALL FUDER'S & SCAMMERS ASS.

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
voisina

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:24:16 PM

I don't think they're really very clever at all. People with a character like that have lives full of deceit, depression, and insecurities. They are losers. Short term gain followed by long term pain. Any wise person would agree. Anyone believing in liberty would surely agree.
Boomslang

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:29:35 PM

I don't think they're really very clever at all. People with a character like that have lives full of deceit, depression, and insecurities. They are losers. Short term gain followed by long term pain. Any wise person would agree. Anyone believing in liberty would surely agree.

The bitcoin protocol was instigated on a basis of trust and honesty - thieves, at least in theory, should not be able to profit as it is implied that honesty is more profitable than dishonesty and theft.

The history of cryptos is rife with many, many scam stories and very, very few tales of honesty.

greyskies

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:37:58 PM

IE (Boomslang and many others different accounts)

I can confirm that Boomslang is not Christopher Bouzy even though I initially thought he was one of the nigerian scamsters' shill account.

The quote is from May 28, 2014, 05:38:08 PM, not 1974!  Post #5812 in this forum.

Yawn ... IconicAmateur has already confirmed I am NOT IE.

IE has been banned from posting on the forums, I believe.  Grin
mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:38:35 PM

The bitcoin protocol was instigated on a basis of trust and honesty - thieves, at least in theory, should not be able to profit as it is implied that honesty is more profitable than dishonesty and theft.

The history of cryptos is rife with many, many scam stories and very, very few tales of honesty.

Why don't you go start a thread about it?  The only case you make is one for moderating your posts out of existence.  Your off-topic drivel doesn't belong in this thread.
Boomslang

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:42:02 PM

Why don't you go start a thread about it?  The only case you make is one for moderating your posts out of existence.  Your off-topic drivel doesn't belong in this thread.

I was just about to post about that.

I apologise for the tangential nature of my posts and that they were not specifically about Libertycoin.

I was trying to raise people's awarenes so they could be careful, and it got a little bit leftfield.

I'll leave the tangents for another place and time.
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: