May 04, 2024, 02:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIBERTYCOIN][XLB] v1.0.3.0 | X11 | 100% POS | No IPO | No Premine |  (Read 359751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:32:57 AM

What innovations do people feel need to be added, if we list some things then we can work out if its achievable or logical to do. Things can be outsourced if needs be but personally I don’t have a problem with the dev wallet is solid and is staking well which is more than what I can say for other coin experiences iv had lol. When someone plants a seed it doesn’t mean other people cant come along and water it to help it grow

Android wallet that stakes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boomslang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:41:08 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 12:54:48 AM by Boomslang

What innovations do people feel need to be added, if we list some things then we can work out if its achievable or logical to do. Things can be outsourced if needs be but personally I don’t have a problem with the dev wallet is solid and is staking well which is more than what I can say for other coin experiences iv had lol. When someone plants a seed it doesn’t mean other people cant come along and water it to help it grow

This is where radical thinking is going to help us more than anything.

One of the primary problems with cryptos is that they are pretty much all the same, they are all built on the same mechanism and unfortunately, open to exploitation and corruption, hoarding and whaling.

One of the ways I look at this is similar to the idea of "quality".  Quality is not something that you can simply add on when you've completed a product and hope for the best, it is about the entire process from beginning to end.  If quality is addressed from the start and maintained throughout the development and delivery processes, a quality product is almost guaranteed, whatever that product may be.

I'm not sure it's as simple as adding something to Libertycoin to make it different, but reassessing it's very foundations and questioning why it exists and what are it's goals.

Fundamentaly, right now, it is exactly the same as every other coin.

With a solid mission statement that sets it apart from all the other coins, progress can be made to move it away from the current state of all the other cryptos and into new, unexplored territory.

But the disproportionate distribution of wealth at it's very core - regardless of who owns it - will always hold it back.  

In the French Revolution, the Aristocracy were beheaded by the people!

No, I am not saying we need to take the devs to the guillotine!  haha!

Once the Aristocracy were overthrown, their wealth was accessed and redistributed.

The redistribution of the current wealth of Libertycoin is critical to moving forward, IMO.  This is very radical indeed, but gets to the very core of the issue of Liberty and crypto coins in general.  Without this, it may never move forward at all - at least not under the banner of Liberty.  It may need to drop the entire concept of Liberty and just become another coin so that the few wealthy individuals can remain wealthy.  This is the easy way out.

I do not anticipate that this redistribution will occur, however.

The fair distribution needs to be done at the very beginning of a coin's life cycle, it will be almost impossible to do now that those coins are beyond the mining phase and in the hands of a few individuals.

It's not so much about the solidity of the programming or new delivery mechanisms, but the coins that were created and where they are right now.

There needs to be a mechanism by which no individual can ever hold more than, say, 1% or less of all coins in circulation for
example.

Then it becomes the coin of the many, not the few.  Then, as the coin gains value, everyone wins at once.

pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:48:57 AM

This coin definitely has huge potential with its name and the number of people watching it.  Iconic's pump-and-dump only hurt the coin temporarily.  If we can deliver on features, the number of people he made aware of it is actually a benefit.  If we can implement anon, that would be huge.  An android wallet that stakes along with anon and the right marketing angle could take us over $0.50 per coin.

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:22:45 AM

This coin definitely has huge potential with its name and the number of people watching it.  Iconic's pump-and-dump only hurt the coin temporarily.  If we can deliver on features, the number of people he made aware of it is actually a benefit.  If we can implement anon, that would be huge.  An android wallet that stakes along with anon and the right marketing angle could take us over $0.50 per coin.

^^this
acseric

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:33:42 AM

^^this

See Emilio, we can all find constructive common ground related to Libertycoin.

acseric

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:36:31 AM

This is where radical thinking is going to help us more than anything.

One of the primary problems with cryptos is that they are pretty much all the same, they are all built on the same mechanism and unfortunately, open to exploitation and corruption, hoarding and whaling.

One of the ways I look at this is similar to the idea of "quality".  Quality is not something that you can simply add on when you've completed a product and hope for the best, it is about the entire process from beginning to end.  If quality is addressed from the start and maintained throughout the development and delivery processes, a quality product is almost guaranteed, whatever that product may be.

I'm not sure it's as simple as adding something to Libertycoin to make it different, but reassessing it's very foundations and questioning why it exists and what are it's goals.

Fundamentaly, right now, it is exactly the same as every other coin.

With a solid mission statement that sets it apart from all the other coins, progress can be made to move it away from the current state of all the other cryptos and into new, unexplored territory.

But the disproportionate distribution of wealth at it's very core - regardless of who owns it - will always hold it back.  

In the French Revolution, the Aristocracy were beheaded by the people!

No, I am not saying we need to take the devs to the guillotine!  haha!

Once the Aristocracy were overthrown, their wealth was accessed and redistributed.

The redistribution of the current wealth of Libertycoin is critical to moving forward, IMO.  This is very radical indeed, but gets to the very core of the issue of Liberty and crypto coins in general.  Without this, it may never move forward at all - at least not under the banner of Liberty.  It may need to drop the entire concept of Liberty and just become another coin so that the few wealthy individuals can remain wealthy.  This is the easy way out.

I do not anticipate that this redistribution will occur, however.

The fair distribution needs to be done at the very beginning of a coin's life cycle, it will be almost impossible to do now that those coins are beyond the mining phase and in the hands of a few individuals.

It's not so much about the solidity of the programming or new delivery mechanisms, but the coins that were created and where they are right now.

There needs to be a mechanism by which no individual can ever hold more than, say, 1% or less of all coins in circulation for
example.

Then it becomes the coin of the many, not the few.  Then, as the coin gains value, everyone wins at once.

I dont agree with restrictions on ownership.  Coins can get redistributed over time because anyone can buy them at any time.  There is no way to fairly distribute coins, it is the nature of the crypto beast.

If everything goes well, as more people buy the coins, the price will rise, and the coins will be redistributed to the buyers.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:12:06 AM

Aceric boomslang....why dont you just develop your own coin? You do realize that you are free to build your coin as u see fit... just as the xlb dev did.
Then u can build it to suit u and others will bitch and complain and drive ur coin into oblivion.. Cheesy
Boomslang

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:25:03 AM

I dont agree with restrictions on ownership.  Coins can get redistributed over time because anyone can buy them at any time.  There is no way to fairly distribute coins, it is the nature of the crypto beast.

If everything goes well, as more people buy the coins, the price will rise, and the coins will be redistributed to the buyers.

I'm not sure that came across properly, I'll try again!  The 1% thing was just a starting point for discussion.

What I was trying to say was that if the initial distribution is fairer, then the acquisition can develop over time, but at a much slower rate than it does now.  The wealth acquisition and the potential for manipulation right now is out of control, and the rich get richer, the poor get poorer.  The solo miner is disenfranchised.

When that initial distribution favours only a few, then they will be in control of the coins and in a position to potentially manipulate the market to their advantage.  This is the current state of cryptos and a lot of the problems surrounding P&D, hype & FUD.

I can see 3 possible solutions for the future :-

1) Create a new mechanism that distributes coins more fairly and evenly across many, many more miners so that market manipulation is drastically reduced - at least at the launch - and large-scale wealth hoarding becomes more difficult.

2) Take the current coin distribution and re-allocate it more fairly and go forward from there with much more people actively involved.

3) Rebrand Libertycoin and drop the concept of Liberty and remain the same as every other coin.

I can't see a way where Liberty can exist when the coins are controlled by a ruling Aristocracy of a few wealthy owners.

The two are diametrically opposite to each other, you can't have both at the same time, within the same system.

It's one or the other.  

Only solutions 1 & 2, or variations thereof, can release control so that Liberty can evolve.

There will always be the urge to acquire more wealth.  That is human nature.

In a marathon race, there are always fast runners, charity runners, people dressed as lions, olympic gold medalists.

However, they all start from the same start line and they run the same race, regardless of where they end up once the marathon is under way.  At the beginning, everyone has an equal starting position.

It's not really fair if someone jumps into a car to get to the end (ASIC), someone else takes shortcuts (pre-mine) or people throw rocks into the road  to stop the runners at the back from moving forward (DDoS).

It needs to be a level playing field from the outset, to give everyone the same chance, and the current state of cryptos is not.

What is likely to happen is the name stays as Libertycoin, the concept of Liberty is ignored or oversold, the coin distribution remains asis and it will be lost amongst the other cryptos without the innovation it requires to evolve.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:35:53 AM

Aceric boomslang....why dont you just develop your own coin? You do realize that you are free to build your coin as u see fit... just as the xlb dev did.
Then u can build it to suit u and others will bitch and complain and drive ur coin into oblivion.. Cheesy

Hehe, we're back to the "one with the biggest hammer wins" again, using it to destroy rather than create!

This isn't Liberty.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:42:15 AM

No, its just the name of a coin...get it?
Boomslang

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:49:47 AM

Yes, that is what it will become - just a name.

If all people want is a fancy name, ok, job done.

Just another crypto, no innovation, no real desirability, no real value, no uptake outside of the exchanges.

However, the devs think bigger than this and so do most of the community.

acseric

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:55:00 AM

This is what a pump and dump advocate would say.  I want to have innovation that brings liberty to the moon.

You can also create your own coin if you dont feel like trying to improve this one.
Coinasaur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:26:01 AM

You guys see that they are trying to antagonize you into responding to them and you guys are taking the bait, right? Just don't respond to them and they will go away again.
Stenull

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:59:34 AM

A few interesting observation iv seen over the last couple days... yer sorry im one of thos boring people that watch what’s going on lol

1: What happened with IE and his cronies dumping on his own promise of bringing good news then blaming it on the dev (which was clearly what went on) was a very big hit and “most” coins would not of stabilized after that.

2: Iv never seen a coin hold out for so long after all this without people dumping it as the buy wall goes down, 3000 looks very solid to anybody with half a eye lol.

3: Because people wont sell lower then 3000k most of the movement up have been from red sells which iv never seen either.

4: Really small buy and sell stacking switching back and forth on mintpal for days, there that small im not sure which way there trying to move it but I have notice the bid wall being pulled out to a much lower price a good few times, saying that I aint seeing any panic to sell when it does then the price slowly goes back up again.

All in all its kinda interesting really and im not sure what going on but for a coin with a great name only a 17 million supply and such resiliency among the holders 3000k isn’t a price Iv been turning down with the profit from my other coins the last few days.
I haven’t been here from the start and I do feel bad for the peeps that lost with IE but I think this coin has real promise from 3000k onwards. You got my total respect and support for bagging that thief, im mainly a blackcoin holder so needless to say I think this community did the the hole cryptocurrency world and great service.

THIS ^

+10000000

Bump Smiley

Change...is in the air.
You know why
acseric

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:19:17 AM

You guys see that they are trying to antagonize you into responding to them and you guys are taking the bait, right? Just don't respond to them and they will go away again.

Why are you trying to make us go away?  Arent you interested in the betterment of Libertycoin?

If that isnt your goal, why are you here?
voisina

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

To all those who are calling for change:
Libertycoin was doing great until people began to call for change. Bashing the developer and by default expressing that the coin is not good enough. You people are either ill intentioned or complete idiots. You say you want libertycoin to succeed while you kill it. I find it hard to believe you are that stupid, but maybe you are. I'm betting you have ill intentions.
So stop one of two things: acting ridiculously ignorant, or acting with bad intent
hashpuppy

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:49:06 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 02:01:37 PM by hashpuppy

This concentration of wealth on a coin is nonsense. What is the difference between Liberty and Bitcoin and other alts that are dead now?  I am one of the bagholder of alts that are 5 million in circulation and less than 1 litoshi in value. Now can you call that concentration of wealth.  The value of the coin is in its usefulness, liquidity and community.  If more people will use it, it will become more valuable.  I can hardly imagine now, why Bitcoin have that immense value when it burns a lot of electricity to maintain its network and have 10 minute confirmation when proof of stake coins (POS) like Liberty can do 30 second transaction and without the need of mining.  If you want to create value on this coin, build communities and businesses around it so it become useful.  So people will demand the coin thereby justifying its value.
hotflame

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:18:46 PM

is there any good news about the price

SMith777

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 02:50:16 PM

Someone place order in mintpal to buy 451842.33749033 at a price 0.00002910 = total 13.14861202 BTC   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Boomslang

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:55:11 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 04:09:05 PM by Boomslang

This concentration of wealth on a coin is nonsense. What is the difference between Liberty and Bitcoin and other alts that are dead now?  I am one of the bagholder of alts that are 5 million in circulation and less than 1 litoshi in value. Now can you call that concentration of wealth.  The value of the coin is in its usefulness, liquidity and community.  If more people will use it, it will become more valuable.  I can hardly imagine now, why Bitcoin have that immense value when it burns a lot of electricity to maintain its network and have 10 minute confirmation when proof of stake coins (POS) like Liberty can do 30 second transaction and without the need of mining.  If you want to create value on this coin, build communities and businesses around it so it become useful.  So people will demand the coin thereby justifying its value.

The wealth is only a perceived wealth, seperate from it's value.

Diamonds, outside of industry, have no practical value whatsoever, yet they remain deisrable because they have perceived rarity.

The strict control of how many diamonds are released onto the open market maintains the perception of rarity and value.  

Only about 1% of all the jewelry diamonds mined make it to the public.  The price is maintained by deliberately limitting the supply.

Ultimately, they are worthless - but people still see value in them because they are shiney.

https://mises.org/Econsense/ch91.asp

The concentration of wealth with altcoins is the same as they are fundamentally useless, but their perceived value is based on limitting the supply to control market value.

It is not how much a particular coin is worth, it is how they are distributed and who controls the movement of flow.

Any coin where large proportions are held in very few hands means that the owners of those coins can control supply and try to increase demand, thereby increasing prices and perceived value.  This is a cartel, no different to diamonds or the privately run banks.

It doesn't matter if a coin is worth 1 cent or 100 dollars - it's just managed perception.  

If, for example, 60% of all coins or more are held in 10 accounts or less, you have a cartel-type structure, not the free movement of money.   The concentration of a given resource is in the hands of a small number of people.

Satoshi, in creating a methodology for everyone, wanted to do away with cartels and strict control of supply.

That no longer exists in cryptos.  They are being run, knowingly or unknowingly, by cartels - and investors are at their mercy.

It's our money they are taking.  And they laugh all the way to the next coin.

Don't blame the coins, blame the mechanism they are all built on and the persuit of greed over fairness.
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: