May 04, 2024, 02:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIBERTYCOIN][XLB] v1.0.3.0 | X11 | 100% POS | No IPO | No Premine |  (Read 359751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
voisina

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:28:06 PM

It's not so much the strengths of the devs or the community, but the principles on which they stand and adhere to.

No amount of promotion will help without a solid foundation.  You cannot polish a turd.

I am not a dev. Please explain precisely what makes it a "turd"

All cryptos are copy/paste of previous coins - all are subject to the problems I have highlighted.  All of them are potentially turds.  Just an anology, I'm not saying Libertycoin is specifically a turd amongst good cryptos, that's a misinterpretation.

In order to move forward, a new philosophy needs to be created.  

Reference : Thatcherism, 1980's.

The old order needed to be uprooted, examined and re-assessed.  A new foundation was required for the future.

Does Libertycoin want to follow the old ways or create something new?

Anonimity is not a new way forward, it is merely another coat of paint on the crumbling wall of cryptos.

I think Bitcoin is great accept for two things: its speed, and the infinite hashing power needed. Libertycoin eliminates these problems. Anonymity is great in a society based on solid moral footing. Or is it?  I don't know how solid our morality is these days. I think some serious study is needed to conclude anonymity to be, overall, beneficial or not. The only real way to figure out if it's good is to try it. Whether that will ever happen for money is anyone's guess.
However, remember to think big. To think big means an alternative to fiat currencies. A happy and cohesive society is not full of dark secrets. If the society is based on liberty, good moral ground, and natural law, why do we really need to hide our money movements. The largest benefit I see with anonymous money is to avoid the fraud and money controls set in place by the government. In a lawful society, these controls would not exist.
I'm not firm yes or no to anonymity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boomslang

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:33:27 PM

It's not so much the strengths of the devs or the community, but the principles on which they stand and adhere to.

No amount of promotion will help without a solid foundation.  You cannot polish a turd.

All cryptos are copy/paste of previous coins - all are subject to the problems I have highlighted.  All of them are potentially turds.  Just an anology, I'm not saying Libertycoin is specifically a turd amongst good cryptos, that's a misinterpretation.

The old order needed to be uprooted, examined and re-assessed.  A new foundation was required for the future.

Anonimity is not a new way forward, it is merely another coat of paint on the crumbling wall of cryptos.

I think Bitcoin is great accept for two things: its speed, and the infinite hashing power needed. Libertycoin eliminates these problems. Anonymity is great in a society based on solid moral footing. Or is it?  I don't know how solid our morality is these days. I think some serious study is needed to conclude anonymity to be, overall, beneficial or not. The only real way to figure out if it's good is to try it. Whether that will ever happen for money is anyone's guess.
However, remember to think big. To think big means an alternative to fiat currencies. A happy and cohesive society is not full of dark secrets. If the society is based on liberty, good moral ground, and natural law, why do we really need to hide our money movements. The largest benefit I see with anonymous money is to avoid the fraud and money controls set in place by the government. In a lawful society, these controls would not exist.
I'm not firm yes or no to anonymity.

With the amount of effort put into speeding up the internet, it's surprising that Bitcoin is so slow.

It feels like riding a bike on a 6 lane motorway.

If you have a solid, moral foundation, no amount of mudslinging can harm you.

There are no trade unions in crypto, maybe the investors need one.
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:35:21 PM

New or old?
Libertycoin makes the old new again. There is no  greater dream for working class people then liberty.

Boomslang you are far too narrow minded. Like I said, we need money. Good money. Not coins that shoot lasers.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:39:55 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 10:51:53 PM by Boomslang

In it's current state, Libertycoin is not Liberty - it is Aristocracy, hiding behind a name, no different like any other coin, ruled by an elite.

Boomslang why do you keep using 1980's thatcherism for your analogies? Are you English? Because I am from the industrial North, and I've been directly affected by the shit you are talking about. You mentioned the coal mines earlier and now this, and my problem is that you are making really bullshit statements, "The old order needed to be uprooted, examined and re-assessed.  A new foundation was required for the future." This is nonsense, the old order was not replaced by a new and improved order, the new order was installed so as to only benefit the elite - Thatcher's friends and sponsors, so how the hell is this a relevant analogy?? It's the complete opposite way around, before Thatcher there were trade unions and community spirit, after Thatcher there was rife unemployment, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. You are making sloppy generalised statements and not even thinking about your words, something you have constantly been accusing others of.
Why are you still here anyway?...

I never said I supported Thatcherism, nor did I say it was an improvement.  I just said it was new - very new in fact.

I also have family in the North who were affected.

My mention of coal mining was based on it's current usefulness as a commodity, and was not a commentary on the places or people that mined it.

The analogy was making a point that until one system is overthrown, a new one cannot evolve.

Does Libertycoin want to be "new" or "old" ?

Well are you here because you want to help Libertycoin be more innovative? Otherwise what is your reason for posting here so much? Are there not other coins out there that you are concerned about ~ why Libertycoin? If you want to help steer Libertycoin in the right direction then I welcome you with open arms because I think you are right that it needs to set itself apart from the rest and create something new. I don't want it to be just another altcoin, just another pump and dump. I want it to actually have meaning behind its name: Liberty. At present I have to admit it doesn't. I would like to see it have principles based on Liberty that are known to the community, a movement that people know when they hear the name Libertycoin. It should at the very least, do something in the real world that liberates people, otherwise it's just another coin with a fancy name. And the devs need to realise that.

I am still for Libertycoin, even though I hold no investment in it.

The cry of liberty in the French Revolution was a throwing away of the old order (Aristocracy, wealth in the hands of the few) and a new beginning (power to the people, redistribution of wealth).

Until a radical upheavel of the "old order" is implemented, Libertycoin will simply follow the rest of the rich into ever-expanding ivory towers.

A fancy anon feature is not innovation if all it does is protect the rich and make them richer by hiding their wealth even further.

Right now, the crypto world is no different to private banks.

If anonimity is taken up, the future will be trillions of dollars of the ruling elite's money going crypto so that no-one knows who has what.  It will be even worse than the current state of the banks and their owners. 

The populace, instead of being liberated, are held in check and controlled (slavery) by the very people they have entrusted to emancipate them.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:44:32 PM

New or old?
Libertycoin makes the old new again. There is no  greater dream for working class people then liberty.

Boomslang you are far too narrow minded. Like I said, we need money. Good money. Not coins that shoot lasers.

No it doesn't - it hides behind the face of Liberty, controlled by a ruling elite.  Just like all the other coins.  Just like the banks.

The very banks we are trying to get away from.  It's bankers dressed up as geography teachers.

It's not new; it's not a new foundation - it is another coat of paint on an old wall.

"Look! it's Shiney, buy me!"

I'm not sure where narrow-minded comes into it in my posts.  I want openness and Liberty.

Some of the responses are, however, very narrow-minded. 
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:48:49 PM

People unite naturally with like minds. Like minds are a force to be reckoned with. "Unions" however, are lead by mafias.
I know you think your smart always avoiding what is pointed out when you are accused of being false. False in your motives, false in your statements. Like I said before, your intentions are obvious. I can see right threw your game. You really should check this flaw in your character before carrying on. You can escape what others say but you'll never escape your own thoughts.
I'm discussing things civilly with you. But it's like having tea with the enemy.
I'll give you one thing though, you sure are relentless
jt7382

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:54:35 PM

Nobody is ever going to take this coin seriously with a thread like this. Ignore the trolls or XLB is going to die. Devs need to take control, this is so stupid.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:55:38 PM

In it's current state, Libertycoin is not Liberty - it is Aristocracy, hiding behind a name, no different like any other coin, ruled by an elite.

Boomslang why do you keep using 1980's thatcherism for your analogies? Are you English? Because I am from the industrial North, and I've been directly affected by the shit you are talking about. You mentioned the coal mines earlier and now this, and my problem is that you are making really bullshit statements, "The old order needed to be uprooted, examined and re-assessed.  A new foundation was required for the future." This is nonsense, the old order was not replaced by a new and improved order, the new order was installed so as to only benefit the elite - Thatcher's friends and sponsors, so how the hell is this a relevant analogy?? It's the complete opposite way around, before Thatcher there were trade unions and community spirit, after Thatcher there was rife unemployment, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. You are making sloppy generalised statements and not even thinking about your words, something you have constantly been accusing others of.

I never said I supported Thatcherism, nor did I say it was an improvement.  I just said it was new - very new in fact.

My mention of coal mining was based on it's current usefulness as a commodity, and was not a commentary on the places or people that mined it.

The analogy was making a point that until one system is overthrown, a new one cannot evolve.

Well are you here because you want to help Libertycoin be more innovative? Otherwise what is your reason for posting here so much? Are there not other coins out there that you are concerned about ~ why Libertycoin? If you want to help steer Libertycoin in the right direction then I welcome you with open arms because I think you are right that it needs to set itself apart from the rest and create something new. I don't want it to be just another altcoin, just another pump and dump. I want it to actually have meaning behind its name: Liberty. At present I have to admit it doesn't. I would like to see it have principles based on Liberty that are known to the community, a movement that people know when they hear the name Libertycoin. It should at the very least, do something in the real world that liberates people, otherwise it's just another coin with a fancy name. And the devs need to realise that.

The cry of liberty in the French Revolution was a throwing away of the old order (Aristocracy, wealth in the hands of the few) and a new beginning (power to the people, redistribution of wealth).

Until a radical upheavel of the "old order" is implemented, Libertycoin will simply follow the rest of the rich into ever-expanding ivory towers.

A fancy anon feature is not innovation if all it does is protect the rich and make them richer by hiding their wealth even further.

The populace, instead of being liberated, are held in check and controlled (slavery) by the very people they have entrusted to emancipate them.

Yes, there is too much greed and selfishness in crypto, every coin seems to just be for the benefit of its creator
Why are you for Libertycoin if you see it as no different to the others? And I don't believe the devs have an unfair amount of Libertycoins so I don't see this as the main problem with xlb. I do think it's missing an ideology at the moment, and I wish there was more commitment to it as an idea, rather than just a money making coin.

Very true.

There is a big disparity between theory and practice in cryptos - both in the Satoshi methodology (technology outstripping an idea) and the ideology behind the implementation (cryptos imply freedom from banks, but creates more banks).
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:56:57 PM

Nobody is ever going to take this coin seriously with a thread like this. Ignore the trolls or XLB is going to die. Devs need to take control, this is so stupid.

Then you are advocating secrecy and censorship over Liberty and common good.   Hmmmm.
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:57:12 PM

New or old?

No it doesn't - it hides behind the face of Liberty, controlled by a ruling elite.  Just like all the other coins.  Just like the banks.

The very banks we are trying to get away from.  It's bankers dressed up as geography teachers.

It's not new; it's not a new foundation - it is another coat of paint on an old wall.

I'm not sure where narrow-minded comes into it in my posts.  I want openness and Liberty.

The current market cap of libertycoin is near $335,000. Do you think that's a lot of money? Do you not see that with a market cap like that, the coins can very easily and evenly spread throughout the community. These were mined long enough ago to all be bought and sold many times over.
I don't consider myself a ruling elite and the entire market cap is within my reach.
"Ruling elite" - $335,000. Really?  Ridiculous!!
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:00:39 PM

New or old?

The current market cap of libertycoin is near $335,000. Do you think that's a lot of money? Do you not see that with a market cap like that, the coins can very easily and evenly spread throughout the community. These were mined long enough ago to all be bought and sold many times over.
I don't consider myself a ruling elite and the entire market cap is within my reach.
"Ruling elite" - $335,000. Really?  Ridiculous!!

The "ruling elite" is a reference to the fact that the vast majority of the wealth is in the hands of a small amount of people.

It doesn't have to be about palaces and champagne, it can be about minimum wage and equality.

The power should be in the hands of the many so small groups of people cannot take control.
mistersushi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:02:41 PM

Yes, there is too much greed and selfishness in crypto, every coin seems to just be for the benefit of its creator.
Why are you for Libertycoin if you see it as no different to the others? And I don't believe the devs have an unfair amount of Libertycoins so I don't see this as the main problem with xlb. I do think it's missing an ideology at the moment, and I wish there was more commitment to it as an idea, rather than just a money making coin.emphasis added

Here's some ideology for all of us:

Quote from: Samuel Adams
If you love Wealth better than Liberty, the tranquility of Servitude than the animating contest of Freedom, go home from us in peace.  We ask not your counsel or your arms.  Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.  May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:10:51 PM

Yes, there is too much greed and selfishness in crypto, every coin seems to just be for the benefit of its creator.
Why are you for Libertycoin if you see it as no different to the others? And I don't believe the devs have an unfair amount of Libertycoins so I don't see this as the main problem with xlb. I do think it's missing an ideology at the moment, and I wish there was more commitment to it as an idea, rather than just a money making coin.emphasis added

If you love Wealth better than Liberty, the tranquility of Servitude than the animating contest of Freedom, go home from us in peace.  We ask not your counsel or your arms.  Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.  May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

This is the kind of promotion libertycoin needs. This guy mows what he's quoting. If libertycoin is to be "something new" let it serve the true, intended purpose of cryptocurrency. Not another gimmick. Rather REAL MONEY!
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:13:45 PM

Yes, there is too much greed and selfishness in crypto, every coin seems to just be for the benefit of its creator
Why are you for Libertycoin if you see it as no different to the others? And I don't believe the devs have an unfair amount of Libertycoins so I don't see this as the main problem with xlb. I do think it's missing an ideology at the moment, and I wish there was more commitment to it as an idea, rather than just a money making coin.

Very true.

There is a big disparity between theory and practice in cryptos - both in the Satoshi methodology (technology outstripping an idea) and the ideology behind the implementation (cryptos imply freedom from banks, but creates more banks).

You're not answering any of my questions. You are just talking at us and selecting sentences to comment on. Please tell us why you are choosing to come here to this community and lay all the problems of crypto on this one coin?

If Libertycoin wants to stand out from the crowd, it must do that by understanding the past, getting a grip on the present and creating a new future.  I know people may think I am being obnoxious, but if a doctor diagnoses cancer, maybe treatment can be sought.

Hiding that cancer away and not seeking help means an early death.

Exposing the problems of cryptos in general (cancer) will give this community a chance to try something new with Libertycoin in particular (chemotherapy).

I'm still here because I'm fighting for Liberty - where very few people are - in an arena of defamation, flaming and ridicule.

Many people here don't want Liberty, they want money.   They will become a new aristocracy - a digital ruling elite - at the expense of the weak and unwary.  Cryptos, currently, are disenfranchising - the very opposite of Liberty.  They are exclusive, not inclusive.  

What will Libertycoin do to become all-inclusive and break away from all the other cryptos that are based on exclusion while shouting "everyone join"?  They only shout this to fleece them of their wealth and laugh at them.

They seem to be blinded by greed and do not care one iota for their fellow man.

Long Live Liberty!
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:26:20 PM

That is the foundation of Liberty!

Liberty is not wealth in the hands of the few, but generosity in the hands of the many.

Liberty is based on sharing and giving, not selfishness and taking.

Are you here to feed your brothers, or just to feed yourself?
acseric

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:31:28 PM

That is the foundation of Liberty!

Liberty is not wealth in the hands of the few, but generosity in the hands of the many.

Liberty is based on sharing and giving, not isolation and taking.

Now you are hitting on why I am here (no, I am not the same person as boomslang)

I think the concept of liberty that is wrapped in the philosophy of this coin is truly unique and powerful.  But Libertycoin needs to be more than a concept.  It needs to be functional.  It needs to be secure.  It needs to adapt to the challenges the world presents it.  It needs a real backbone.   Without a strong development team, it will only be words and concepts.  With a strong development team that has a vision and the skills to bring their vision to fruition, the coin could ascend to make real of the philosophy of Liberty.

I want the vision to be true, not just a vision.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:41:28 PM

Open source, by it's very nature, is based on Liberty.

It places control and decision maiking in the hands of the many.

For Liberty to work, the people need input.

Slavishly conforming to a devs ideas without critical analysis and without public approval is just more slavery in a fancy package.

So the devs themsleves really need to get involved, listen to the people, so they can accomodate the viewpoints of others and produce a shining star.

No system is ever going to be perfect, that's silly.  

Perfect societies, ie Utopias, are doomed to extinction because they have no room to evolve and grow because perfection has already been acheived and can't be improved upon.

Nature, even after 4.5 billion years,  is still working out where the hell to go!  Because nature does not seek perfection, it seeks growth.

Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:57:54 PM

Very true.

You're not answering any of my questions. You are just talking at us and selecting sentences to comment on. Please tell us why you are choosing to come here to this community and lay all the problems of crypto on this one coin?

If Libertycoin wants to stand out from the crowd, it must do that by understanding the past, getting a grip on the present and creating a new future.  I know people may think I am being obnoxious, but if a doctor diagnoses cancer, maybe treatment can be sought.

Hiding that cancer away and not seeking help means an early death.

Exposing the problems of cryptos in general (cancer) will give this community a chance to try something new with Libertycoin in particular (chemotherapy).

I'm still here because I'm fighting for Liberty - where very few people are - in an arena of defamation, flaming and ridicule.

Many people here don't want Liberty, they want money.   They will become a new aristocracy - a digital ruling elite - at the expense of the weak and unwary.  Cryptos, currently, are disenfranchising - the very opposite of Liberty.  They are exclusive, not inclusive.  

What will Libertycoin do to become all-inclusive and break away from all the other cryptos that are based on exclusion while shouting "everyone join"?  They only shout this to fleece them of their wealth and laugh at them.

They seem to be blinded by greed and do not care one iota for their fellow man.

Long Live Liberty!

Chemotherapy is not really what I would want to associate with trying something new here... There are many natural cures for cancer you know? But cancer is big business and they make a lot of money from expensive treatment that doesn't work, and they suppress and discredit known cures that have been practiced and proved worldwide. Another example of the blind greed in our world.
Anyway.. I'm all for Liberty and I have some ideas of projects we could do as a community, I see this coin as being quite community led, out of necessity I suppose, and I think we could turn crypto on it's head if we learn to think less selfishly.
I know Boomslang is an obnoxious soap-box preacher, but he is right about this. I don't want to be involved in another pyramid scheme. I want us to come up with ideas that slap in the face of the rest of greedy cryptoland. There are a lot of good people in IRC that I'm getting to know and I think together we're more than capable of creating a new direction for cryptocurrency, I'm looking forward to our team talk so we can get down to thinking!
Boomslang, please try to be more conversational if you are going to keep posting here, you seem to be talking down from up high a lot and it's not really in the community spirit if you know what I mean. If you are all for Libertycoin, then please appeal rather than condemn and maybe people would accept your words more easily.

Thanks for that.

The comparison to doctors & disease may have been too specific when I mentioned cancer.  But the anology still remains.

I have become a little defensive in the face of all of the personal attacks, but I also could have just walked away and left Libertycoin to rot in the gutter with all the other cryptos.  

It has been asked "why am I still here"?

It is not to defend a personal, skewed viewpoint, but to clarify what Liberty is about and to expose some painful truths in cryptos that not many people want to hear.  In my attempts to lift the wool from people's eyes, I have come across in an unintended way.

@Community :-

I apologise for coming across as a bit preachy.

It is often hard to be heard in a roomful of people if everyone is shouting "piss off!"

I will try to temper my posts so they are more constructive and going in a more positive direction.

The wounds in crypto needed to be opened first so they can be understood, cleaned, dressed and the healing process begin.

I have the right to defend myself, but I will try to do it in a better way.

Personal attacks don't help in any way whatsoever and I would appreciate it if people concentrated on the message and not kicking the messenger!  I haven't personally attacked anyone, I have responded to what they have written.

I stand by everything I have previously posted and a lot of it does not need to be said again.

Long Live Liberty!
acseric

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:15:10 AM

Just want to say everyone, this is exactly the conversation we need to be having and I'm happy we are. We need to keep this fire lit, this thread should continue like this!
Let's keep this going and bring our ideas to fruition!

Preach it brother!  This is exactly the kind of open discourse that I have been pushing for.

Keep the fire lit.  Keep it positive and constructive.

Dont shout down other ideas, discuss and explore them.  See if we can improve them as a community.

ljm81

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:16:14 AM

What innovations do people feel need to be added, if we list some things then we can work out if its achievable or logical to do. Things can be outsourced if needs be but personally I don’t have a problem with the dev wallet is solid and is staking well which is more than what I can say for other coin experiences iv had lol. When someone plants a seed it doesn’t mean other people cant come along and water it to help it grow
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: