June 26, 2024, 04:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIBERTYCOIN][XLB] v1.0.3.0 | X11 | 100% POS | No IPO | No Premine |  (Read 359767 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:15:14 PM

Is there news about the anon feature? It should be ready tomorrow no?

No, but no one here wants to hear that.  The anon feature is all smoke and mirrors, or a rehash of fedora technology that isnt decentralized.

Just so everyone knows, FUD is spreading false claims.  When the claims are true, it isnt FUD.

Boomslang doesnt want your coins, the daytraders do.  Buckle up, because until everyone gets fed up and leaves, you have a string of mini pumps and mini dumps ahead of you.  You can blame the people spreading facts all you want, but it doesnt make these facts FUD. 
As the dev said, Im sorry to tell you Darkcoin and x11coin are centralized solutions too. The only decentralized anon solutions are ring signatures but cannot be implemented in Bitcoin.

That is oversimplified.  The Darkcoin anon function is better than the one that is being implemented for liberty, but it is still too limited.  x11coin has a slew of technical problems - and they have been working on it for a while.  I am not sure when and if x11coin will get it fully working.
Coinasaur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:42:25 PM

You almost seem to have a point here.  Are you really criticizing LibertyCoin for the state of the alt-currency world?  Are you criticizing them because those with the most hash/ wealth can get the most coin?  What remedy would you suggest?  Communism? The greatest tragedy of the 20th century?  Regarding your poor daytrader comment, are you trying to justify your FUD?

I am not criticizing Libertycoin for the state of the alt-currency world.

It is simply one that I wanted to do really well and wanted to be involved with actively.

Because of what happened, I have spent some time assessing the state of cryptos - their birth, growth, evolution and current state.

I am pointing out that cryptos in general are ripe for exploitation and that the core of it is embedded in the original whitepaper by Satoshi.  

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Section 6.

"The incentive may help encourage nodes to stay honest. If a greedy attacker is able to
assemble more CPU power than all the honest nodes, he would have to choose between using it
to defraud people by stealing back his payments, or using it to generate new coins. He ought to
find it more profitable to play by the rules, such rules that favour him with more new coins than
everyone else combined, than to undermine the system and the validity of his own wealth."

This is why mining exists, why the solo miner started to mine in the first place, why they are at the receiving end of exploitation, why pool mining exists and why ASICs were created.

The extract from the whitepaper is often used to explain 51% attacks.

The implications are deeper than that and I will not explain any further.

But look again - what is Satoshi trying to achieve?  He is saying that it should pay more to be honest than to be a thief.

He also says "playing by the rules".  

Those rules no longer exist with ASICs and high-end hashers, because they were written at a time when hashing was done on CPUs.

One person, One vote no longer applies today.

Boomslang, your arguments can be made for ANY coin out there. Why focus on spreading negativity about XLB? I've read your last 10 posts or so and there is nothing constructive in them at all. It is only you posting negativity with no proof other than hearsay and opinions, very very broad opinions that apply to pretty much everything out there in the market. Get out of here with that crap please. We need positive posts, I know you say youre trying to protect people, but Even tho you say that, you are hurting all of us that hold XLB. Your FUD makes prices drop, and we all lose money. Your "advice" is counter-productive.
shogun47

Activity: 1806
Merit: 555

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:51:19 PM

Multipool miners have been paid out about an hour ago!!

Join The Official Liberty multi-pool
we need more hash, since we would like to add LitecoinX (LTCX) as a coin to mine as well (its very profitible but diff is too high for our multipool right now!)

All you need to mine LIBERTY is a VALID Libertycoin wallet address!

You can join our site now at http://multipoolmining.com or when you are already familiar with multipoolmining you can go straight to the Libertycoin pages at http://xlb.multipoolmining.com

Some important figures:
  • Mining with just your Libertycoin wallet address.
  • Mining at low diff.
  • Push LibertyCoin price even higher on exchanges.
  • Mine always the most profitable coin around.
  • Global Stats.
  • Personal miner stats.
  • Payments straight to your LibertyCoin wallet.

Multipoolmining.com gives you
  • Solid cloud based servers on fast SSD discs.
  • DDOS protection on website AND stratum servers (Layer 3, 4, and 7 Protection).
  • Experienced devs.
  • High tech node.js platform.
  • IRC support channel: #multipoolmining
  • Payouts at least every 48 hours, interval is relative long, but only to give the best trades for you!
  • 2% fee, to cover trade & server costs.

Hope to see you around soon at http://multipoolmining.com

Your official LibertyCoin Multi-pool DEV team,

X11: stratum+tcp://stratum.multipoolmining.com:5555
Scrypt:  stratum+tcp://stratum.multipoolmining.com:4444

We now have a support forum as well:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632631
Please leave your questions (and compliments! Roll Eyes) here. We might miss them in this crowdy topic

Happy LIBERTY mining!

Maccie & Youngwebs

Quote from: Shogun47
This is the best time to mine on the multipool. They mine coins that are SOLD on exchange and then they BUY the cheapest  Libertycoins available. That means you get way more coin for the same hash power. This coin will rise in value from what it is now. So get a lot of libertycoins for your mining hash power.

More miners are getting XLB. With the price so cheap the pool buys more coins for the ones sold and it results in fatter payout for the miners! If you hvent yet please point your hash at this pool. It was made just for us. It payed out real nice and fat yesterday and will again tomorrow! Support Libertycoin with your hash. Smiley

OK lets do it!

Pointing 7 MHs to this pool now  Grin

led. Everyone that likes Libertycoin should. This pool is ours for the very purpose of support out coin and getting some for our mining efforts!  Thank you for helping out.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Boomslang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:05:06 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 10:17:55 PM by Boomslang

You almost seem to have a point here.  Are you really criticizing LibertyCoin for the state of the alt-currency world?  Are you criticizing them because those with the most hash/ wealth can get the most coin?  What remedy would you suggest?  Communism? The greatest tragedy of the 20th century?  Regarding your poor daytrader comment, are you trying to justify your FUD?

It is simply one that I wanted to do really well and wanted to be involved with actively.

Because of what happened, I have spent some time assessing the state of cryptos - their birth, growth, evolution and current state.

I am pointing out that cryptos in general are ripe for exploitation and that the core of it is embedded in the original whitepaper by Satoshi.  

Section 6.

"The incentive may help encourage nodes to stay honest. If a greedy attacker is able to
assemble more CPU power than all the honest nodes, he would have to choose between using it
to defraud people by stealing back his payments, or using it to generate new coins. He ought to
find it more profitable to play by the rules, such rules that favour him with more new coins than
everyone else combined, than to undermine the system and the validity of his own wealth."

This is why mining exists, why the solo miner started to mine in the first place, why they are at the receiving end of exploitation, why pool mining exists and why ASICs were created.

But look again - what is Satoshi trying to achieve?  He is saying that it should pay more to be honest than to be a thief.

Those rules no longer exist with ASICs and high-end hashers, because they were written at a time when hashing was done on CPUs.

Boomslang, your arguments can be made for ANY coin out there. Why focus on spreading negativity about XLB? I've read your last 10 posts or so and there is nothing constructive in them at all. It is only you posting negativity with no proof other than hearsay and opinions, very very broad opinions that apply to pretty much everything out there in the market. Get out of here with that crap please. We need positive posts, I know you say youre trying to protect people, but Even tho you say that, you are hurting all of us that hold XLB. Your FUD makes prices drop, and we all lose money. Your "advice" is counter-productive.

I've boldened and underlined the part of my post that you obviously missed.

My argument is that not that ANY one coin can be exploited, but that ALL coins can be exploited.  

It is built into the original Bitcoin protocol.

"That crap" you refer to is a fundamental flaw in ALL cryptos.  There is a bug in the Bitcoin methodology.

No amount of anonimity or new coins based on the protocol are safe, because the underlying mechanism is fundamentally flawed.

It is comparable to the Heartbleed bug, in some ways - because it has been there since inception and until it is fixed the exploits will continue.

Go look yourself, don't take my word for it.  Do your research.  Due diligance.

I am not singling out XLB.

The exploitation did not start until pool mining started and ASICs hit the market.

I am not saying that coin creators are deliberately exploiting miners - though some of them are - but that whenever a new coin is created based on the Bitcoin methodology, the new coin is open to exploitation from outsiders.  Not the devs who may very well have the best intentions.

Coinasaur

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

Section 6.

My argument is that not that ANY coin can be exploited, but that ALL coins can be exploited.  

"That crap" you refer to is a fundamental flaw in ALL cryptos.  There is a bug in the Bitcoin methodology.

No amount of anonimity or new coins based on the protocol are safe, because the underlying mechanism is fundamentally flawed.

It is comparable to the Heartbleed bug, in some ways - because it has been there since inception and until it is fixed the exploits will continue.

The exploitation did not start until pool mining started and ASICs hit the market.

I am not saying that coin creators are deliberately exploiting miners - though some of them are - but that whenever a new coin is created based on the Bitcoin methodology, the new coin is open to exploitation from outsiders.  Not the devs who may very well have the best intentions.

thanks for reinforcing  my point. Go post in the altcoins section. Or perhaps take your "bug report" to the bitcoin thread. This thread is no place to discuss the flaws of altcoin tehcnology as a whole.
Boomslang

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:22:58 PM

Section 6.

My argument is that not that ANY coin can be exploited, but that ALL coins can be exploited.  

Go look yourself, don't take my word for it.
 Do your research.  Due diligance.

thanks for reinforcing  my point. Go post in the altcoins section. This thread is no place to discuss the flaws of altcoin tehcnology as a whole.

... "one side can accuse the other of using FUD to obscure the issues."
voisina

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:31:33 PM

Section 6.

thanks for reinforcing  my point. Go post in the altcoins section. Or perhaps take your "bug report" to the bitcoin thread. This thread is no place to discuss the flaws of altcoin tehcnology as a whole.

+1
I'm starting to think bommslang is employed by central bankers
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:39:39 PM

Boomslang is a cowardly troll, 10 day old account. afraid  Lips sealed
Ignore button on

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Boomslang

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:51:04 PM

Boomslang is a cowardly troll, 10 day old account. afraid  Lips sealed
Ignore button on

The methodology was based on "1 cpu, 1 vote" in order to distribute blocks fairly.

With the introduction of pools and ASICs that distribution is no longer fair, because the hashing has moved away from cpu's to graphics cards and ASICs.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the exploiters win in the end.

Do NOT take my word for it.  

Go and read it yourself and understand the implications of changes in technology to a methodology that has become outdated and exploitable.

READ!

Don't assume.

READ!

Yes, I am new to the forums, but if I'd joined in January I would be saying the same thing but a lot earlier.

Cryptoolate

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:56:54 PM

Boomslang's comments are subjective (and bares truth), everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  He's not necessarily attacking this forum.  Some of you feel entitled to showcase your own opinions and posting them (not always positive) but you also feel you don't have to listen to other people's opinions.  This is crypto, open sourced, and decentralized.  And debate and activity is good for any coin.  Sure is better than inactivity and as we all say, if you don't like it, just ignore it.    

FYI, Boomslang has been a vocal supporter of XLB way before most of the current people who are posting here, joined.  I know it's difficult to respect other people's contrasting outlook/views but we should treat others the way we want to be treated.  

And before anyone want to say anything to me, I've also been in XLB from the beginning.  I continue to hold some.  Tomorrow will be significant for any developments and/or updates from the DEV.  And if nothing else, then concluded as a total loss.  

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
shogun47

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:57:31 PM

Good god. BoomSlang please stop spewing this nonstop endless horseshit. This is the Libertycoin thread. Talk about it support it or hate it but please stop the endless trolling. IE is gone as are any issue he cause or didn't cause. So leave us be. We want this coin to succeed even in face of all the horseshit flung at it. Got a burning issue the requires endless diatribe go create a new thread and point it out. Then debate/troll it endlessly all you like in that thread. I am asking that you move the horseshit to a new thread so we can get on with Libertycoin. Enough damage has been caused. Please move on. Most of us who remain had nothing to do with IE or the disgruntled BC community folks that he upset or this new bag of shit you have been ranting on about.

FYI everyone I've been in Libertycoin since day one mining it. I've spent BTC on creating the multipool. I had nothing to do with those folks that most of the trolls are going on about. I don't want to see the efforts here go to waste over horseshit.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Boomslang

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 11:19:50 PM by Boomslang

Good god. BoomSlang please stop spewing this nonstop endless horseshit. This is the Libertycoin thread. Talk about it support it or hate it but please stop the endless trolling. IE is gone as are any issue he cause or didn't cause. So leave us be. We want this coin to succeed even in face of all the horseshit flung at it. Got a burning issue the requires endless diatribe go create a new thread and point it out. Then debate/troll it endlessly all you like in that thread. I am asking that you move the horseshit to a new thread so we can get on with Libertycoin. Enough damage has been caused. Please move on. Most of us who remain had nothing to do with IE or the disgruntled BC community folks that he upset or this new bag of shit you have been ranting on about.

FYI everyone I've been in Libertycoin since day one mining it. I've spent BTC on creating the multipool. I had nothing to do with those folks that most of the trolls are going on about. I don't want to see the efforts here go to waste over horseshit.

I understand.  I did stop and then I only responded to people who were attacking me in my own defence.

I was being personally attacked - not what I wrote, that seemed to pass people by.  It was an attack on ME not what I WROTE.

Trolling : "Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks, because it's the internet and, hey, you can. "

I was being trolled, I was not doing the trolling.

I actually said if you want to stay in Libertycoin, good luck.  Have fun, enjoy yourselves.

It's not Libertycoin's fault the problem exists, it runs far deeper than that.

But if you want to avoid being open to potential exploitation in the future, please understand the disparity between the theory and the practice that technological advancements has created.

mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:20:29 PM

Boomslang, are you this much of an insufferable boor in real life?
duanxin860809

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:22:25 PM

What time is added to XLB anonymous
Boomslang

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:23:43 PM

If you mean I value knowledge and analysis over assumption and blind faith, then yes, I am.

It took me 30 minutes to read the Satoshi whitepaper and understand the flaw.

The alt market is 6 months old and no-one else seems to have mentioned it. 

I wonder why.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:24:22 PM

Not sure anyone knows just yet.  You in a big hurry?
mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:26:11 PM

If you mean I value knowledge and analysis over assumption and blind faith, then yes, I am.

You're either a complete moron, or deliberately obtuse.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:28:29 PM

It took me 30 minutes to read the Satoshi whitepaper and understand the flaw.

The alt market is 6 months old and no-one else seems to have mentioned it.  

I wonder why.

Oh please, STFU.  Post a thread about it, I'm sure everyone will be slapping themselves saying "I never thought of that!"  Actually it has been discussed in articles online and here on BCT.  You are off-topic.
shogun47

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:42:13 PM

Not sure anyone knows just yet.  You in a big hurry?

I know its being worked on. It will take time. Like fine wine and cheese good things come to those who are patient and wait. The coin is the exact same thing it has been since day one save for a new coin image. Same version in fact. same wallet. It's very stable. It's fundamentals are rock solid. It has working wallets and staking ones at that. Several coins don't have even that much or took a lot of grief to just get up to par. So i am sure they are not going to rush code and jeopardize that. When the ano feature comes out it will work and work correctly. It will do as advertised. When it's developers have it tweaked out to their satisfaction they will announce an implementation date and what needs to be done to have and use it.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Coinasaur

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:42:51 PM

Just ignore them. They will go away if nobody is paying attention to them. The more you guys respond to them, the longer they will stick around.
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: