September 25, 2024, 10:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIBERTYCOIN][XLB] v1.0.3.0 | X11 | 100% POS | No IPO | No Premine |  (Read 359861 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:51:52 PM

I have been trying to simplify the discussion here related to Libertycoin.  In my opinion, there are two ways to interpret the future of the coin:

1)  The developers skills and vision will bring the coin to ultimate success (think Mark Zuckerberg from Facebook)

2)  The developers skills and vision will not be up to the task and the coin will fail (think 99% of all tech startups)

Either is possible, and the risk will be equal to the potential reward.  Invest accordingly.
Boomslang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:54:44 PM

I have been trying to simplify the discussion here related to Libertycoin.  In my opinion, there are two ways to interpret the future of the coin:

1)  The developers skills and vision will bring the coin to ultimate success (think Mark Zuckerberg from Facebook)

2)  The developers skills and vision will not be up to the task and the coin will fail (think 99% of all tech startups)

Either is possible, and the risk will be equal to the potential reward.  Invest accordingly.
Succinct.  Well put.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Judge Crypto

You and IconicExpert seem to be birds of a feather.  You two should make a coin together, perhaps produce offspring together.  

Did I wake up in the 3rd grade?  That is the last time I have heard an argument like that.  How am I like Iconic?  If you are going to throw around accusations, please support them.

Well, first, I find it hard to believe that anyone of good conscience would want a thieving jackass like IconicExpert to lead this coin.  Second, your name, Judge Crypto, comes across as pretentious, just like IconicExpert.  It betrays an over-the-top effort to command respect on the basis of FIAT, typical of con-artists.

I chose Judge Crypto because I do an internet Psychic show under Judge Neil... so it followed if I was getting into crypto I would take Judge Crypto. www.judgeneil.com.  My show is on iTunes internet radio and windows media guide.  I am also getting ready to do an internet crypto radio show....

Things in life are not black and white.  Polarized views help no one.  I will be watching his thread for progress and write or broadcast accordingly.  Attacking me ad hominem when I was giving an unbiased opinion makes no sense.  Maybe you disagree.  Attack the argument, not the man.

As far as people owning coins.  The premis of an distributed and open source crypto currency is that no one owns it.  Anyone is free to write a new fork of Bitcoin or any other open sourced coin, and if they get enough hash support they could control the fork for a time.  In that way crypto in its nature is democratic.  Asia coin and White coin are examples of community take overs of coins. You should embrace the democratic nature of crypto especially as your name is Liberty coin.

mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

What!? You mean don't gamble the rent money on it?  Dammit!
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

Regarding the Libertycoin statement:
https://libertycoin.co/official-statement-regarding-the-iconic-expert/
"Basically, he said he was leaving Blackcoin and launching his own coin, but never returned the money."
He posted on the BLK forum with a refund schedule and dates and appears to be willing to work with the BLK community.

"We have confirmed so far that he uses other ‘proxy’ accounts, like Barabbas, to post in Bitcointalk and Twitter."
How was this confirmed? Can you post proof. Thanks.

While I'm at it, why is this altcoin 1% APY after 8 hour coin age? Where were the reasons behind this?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:25:10 PM

"Basically, he said he was leaving Blackcoin and launching his own coin, but never returned the money."
He posted on the BLK forum with a refund schedule and dates and appears to be willing to work with the BLK community.

"We have confirmed so far that he uses other ‘proxy’ accounts, like Barabbas, to post in Bitcointalk and Twitter."

While I'm at it, why is this altcoin 1% APY after 8 hour coin age? Where were the reasons behind this?

I can shed some light on this (just from watching this thread when it was all going down)

According to what was posted here:
IconicAmateur had an administrator check the ip addresses that IconicExpert and Barabbas used to log in, and they were exactly the same. (I think from IRC)

He alluded that he found 2 other alias accounts that had that same ip address, but I never saw them posted here.

IconicAmateur can probably explain better.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:25:24 PM

Judge Crypto

You and IconicExpert seem to be birds of a feather.  You two should make a coin together, perhaps produce offspring together.  

Did I wake up in the 3rd grade?  That is the last time I have heard an argument like that.  How am I like Iconic?  If you are going to throw around accusations, please support them.

Well, first, I find it hard to believe that anyone of good conscience would want a thieving jackass like IconicExpert to lead this coin.  Second, your name, Judge Crypto, comes across as pretentious, just like IconicExpert.  It betrays an over-the-top effort to command respect on the basis of FIAT, typical of con-artists.

I chose Judge Crypto because I do an internet Psychic show under Judge Neil... so it followed if I was getting into crypto I would take Judge Crypto. www.judgeneil.com.  My show is on iTunes internet radio and windows media guide.  I am also getting ready to do an internet crypto radio show....

Things in life are not black and white.  Polarized views help no one.  I will be watching his thread for progress and write or broadcast accordingly.  Attacking me ad hominem when I was giving an unbiased opinion makes no sense.  Maybe you disagree.  Attack the argument, not the man.

As far as people owning coins.  The premis of an distributed and open source crypto currency is that no one owns it.  Anyone is free to write a new fork of Bitcoin or any other open sourced coin, and if they get enough hash support they could control the fork for a time.  In that way crypto in its nature is democratic.  Asia coin and White coin are examples of community take overs of coins. You should embrace the democratic nature of crypto especially as your name is Liberty coin.

A psychic, eh?  I guess I wasn't far off!  My name isn't LibertyCoin, but since you're a psychic, you already know that.  In fact IE used the LibertyCoin account to delete a couple of my posts.  Made a thread about it, in fact.  Like to hear it?  Here it goes:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?  As far as things being gray with IconicExpert, what's taking him so long to give back the money?  If it was me I would be giving it back like hot potatoes--unless I'd already blown it on something.  Are things really gray or is the psychic trying to muddy the water?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626365.msg6958554#msg6958554

As for the ad-hominem, I'm attacking the entire package, because there really isn't much in the way of argument to attack.  Second, democracy left to its own is destructive of liberty, as it has been shown time and time again.  America wasn't created as a democracy, but as a republic with democratic representation.  What you are calling "democracy" is called in more accurately, a coup or junta, typical of 3rd World dictatorships.  IconicExpert isn't Thomas Jefferson, he's Benedict Arnold.
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:28:33 PM

https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner/status/472095337016881152

They are saying on Twitter that there are 2 Billion coins, not 16.5million, is this true?

Now if this is true, expect more Yay posts!
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:33:12 PM

They are saying on Twitter that there are 2 Billion coins, not 16.5million, is this true?

Nope not true. There are 16.5 million coins, but as it's POS they just put i line 39 Max coins 2 Billion. This is so there is no errors staking coins. The number could be 10 trillion. Just more rubbish to lower the price.
abcdefg1234

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:44:55 PM

It's always the guys from Blackcoin spreading this shit. I think the BC crew are intent on destroying all other competition to be honest!

Bruce is most definitely not BC. lol
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:49:52 PM

Judge Crypto

A psychic, eh?  I guess I wasn't far off!  My name isn't LibertyCoin, but since you're a psychic, you already know that.  In fact IE used the LibertyCoin account to delete a couple of my posts.  Made a thread about it, in fact.  Like to hear it?  Here it goes:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?  As far as things being gray with IconicExpert, what's taking him so long to give back the money?  If it was me I would be giving it back like hot potatoes--unless I'd already blown it on something.  Are things really gray or is the psychic trying to muddy the water?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626365.msg6958554#msg6958554

As for the ad-hominem, I'm attacking the entire package, because there really isn't much in the way of argument to attack.  Second, democracy left to its own is destructive of liberty, as it has been shown time and time again.  America wasn't created as a democracy, but as a republic with democratic representation.  What you are calling "democracy" is called in more accurately, a coup or junta, typical of 3rd World dictatorships.  IconicExpert isn't Thomas Jefferson, he's Benedict Arnold.

Your arguments make no sense.  I have said my peace.  Good luck.
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:57:46 PM

Libertycoin devs are scammers, get out while you can! I'm not saying this to FUD, i'm out since the crash, be sure you put your own safe exit points, don't let the dev run away with your hard earned money:
Another example of the scam:

https://twitter.com/Bird8880/status/472093983980527616/photo/1

Do you understand how POS works?
mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:58:54 PM

Nope not true. There are 16.5 million coins, but as it's POS they just put i line 39 Max coins 2 Billion. This is so there is no errors staking coins. The number could be 10 trillion. Just more rubbish to lower the price.

Exactly.  Since BlackCoin came up, its code reads the same way.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:13:06 PM

Here is a snippet of the code in question from lines 39 and 40 of LibertyCoin's main.h:

static const int64_t MAX_MONEY = 2000000000 * COIN;
static const int64_t COIN_YEAR_REWARD = 1 * CENT; // 1% per year

and the definition of the constant COIN from line 38 of util.h:

static const int64_t COIN = 100000000;

HERE is a snippet from lines 38 and 39 of BlackCoin's main.h:
static const int64_t MAX_MONEY = 2000000000 * COIN;
static const int64_t COIN_YEAR_REWARD = 1 * CENT; // 1% per year

and the definition of the constant COIN from line 38 of util.h:

static const int64_t COIN = 100000000;

If this makes one coin a scam, then they are both scams.  Methinks the people ringing the alarm on this aren't honest and/or don't understand how the code works.

virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:15:48 PM

I can shed some light on this (just from watching this thread when it was all going down)

According to what was posted here:
IconicAmateur had an administrator check the ip addresses that IconicExpert and Barabbas used to log in, and they were exactly the same. (I think from IRC)

He alluded that he found 2 other alias accounts that had that same ip address, but I never saw them posted here.

IconicAmateur can probably explain better.

I read what was posted here too. But that's not proof. I want at least a picture of IRC admin saying that. That's why I'm surprised that would be in the XLB statement without actually linking to the evidence since that's a pretty big allegation.

virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:20:52 PM

You want to know how I knew the dev was scamming us? Because on Liberty Day XLB was taking off and then all of a sudden 500k+ coins came out of nowhere to fill orders. Who in their right mind would dump 500k+ coins when they know the price is just starting to go up? Whales do not dump for peanuts, so who could it be? You know who? The dev! Why? Because he had to get out quick before we all caught on to the scam. He did not have enough time to let XLB "mature" because eventually someone would have found out about line 39.

Point out to me on the MintPal timeline where there is 500K+ XLB dump since your announcement to when your IRC conversation was posted here.

Stenull

Activity: 585

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:22:40 PM

Bruce is NOT from BC and if you do not know who Bruce is you should not be in crypto. Everyone was so quick to throw me to the wolves when I tried to warn you the Dev was scamming us, but instead you called me a Nigerian scammer. I lost BTC along with all my friends but I was called a liar and a thief. The hateful posts and attacks, posting pics of my family, and not once did anyone think maybe I was telling the truth. I must be the worst con on this planet since I lost money like everyone else. What would I gain by pumping a coin to 13,000 sat and  then dump when I felt the coin was worth so much more?

You want to know how I knew the dev was scamming us? Because on Liberty Day XLB was taking off and then all of a sudden 500k+ coins came out of nowhere to fill orders. Who in their right mind would dump 500k+ coins when they know the price is just starting to go up? Whales do not dump for peanuts, so who could it be? You know who? The dev! Why? Because he had to get out quick before we all caught on to the scam. He did not have enough time to let XLB "mature" because eventually someone would have found out about line 39.

I tried to PM the dev last night to resolve this issue for the investors. I hoped maybe we would fix this mess somehow. I started doubting myself and thinking maybe I was wrong and it was someone else who f..ked us all. You can look at my Tweets to verify I had a Tweet exchange with the dev. I am still waiting for the dev to respond to my private PM.

I know I will never get an apology from you people and that is fine. But in the future before you start posting a person information online, at least make sure he/she is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt because things like the following will happen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You received this e-mail message through your website:

Fname: IconicExpertGetCancer
Lname: Getcancer
Email: getcancer@getcancer.com
Comments: Fuck you, you goddamn scammer.
Wait untill I hurt your family, I'll slowly kill your daughter and after that I'll rape your wife while you can watch.
Submit: Send

IP: 217.123.237.130
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.114 Safari/537.36
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!! You never stop making a fool out of your self! Amazing stuff xD

Change...is in the air.
You know why
TenaciousC

Activity: 608

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:24:47 PM

ok, let's stop this once and for all, I'll make you all a deal:

Let's stop hiding behind fake avatars and nicknames, let's meet! I got nothing to hide, and not the fearing nature... let's meet and talk about it, let's sort this thing out.
Carlos, where and when, Amateur, if not same person, same question, I'll try to change my planning to meet you guys, I could use some fun Smiley
mistress

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:25:30 PM

Iconic, make your coin and let us know
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:26:08 PM

Point out to me on the MintPal timeline where there is 500K+ XLB dump since your announcement to when your IRC conversation was posted here.

It wasn't just Mintpal..it was all 3 exchanges. Go look for yourself. I am done trying to "prove". We all got scammed and even now people do not want to believe it WE WERE SCAMMED
Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: