Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:48:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:56:34 AM

Goals
a. To setup a Distributed Urea Exchange for the efficient international trade of the world's most important fertilizer for food production: Urea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urea [Domain=en.wikipedia.org] )
b. To provide a medium of exchange stabilized via backing to the true and undeniable international value of Urea, the world's most important fertilizer commodity that is responsible for 50%+ of total world food production.  
Wait...
Why do you need to do a copycoin to make an exchange ?
Wait...
How do you backup the coin exactly ?
Q: Why do you need to do a cryptocurrency to make an exchange ?
A: The concept here is unique - the Uro network is a UREA exchange - not a BTC exchange. There was no way to achieve a decentralized Urea exchange as cleanly and as elegantly as Uro has done it. With Uro - you do not need a website to run the exchange - the Uro network itself trades Uro futures natively via the wallet. This means no downtime and no risk of fraud.
How do you exchange USD <-> URO ?
At the moment, you can purchase Bitcoins from your local country, then buy Uro on Bittrex and other upcoming exchanges.
In the future, you will be able to collect Uro (instead of Urea straight away) when buying Urea from participating wholesalers (Uro are effectively Urea futures). This way - farmers can easily mitigate the risk of Urea price volatility in the future by holding Uro when the going is good and exchanging it for Urea when they really need to.
Only a few nations officially use USD anyway - so even if we had a USD/URO exchange it would not be that useful for the parts of the world Uro will benefit the most (developing nations with a shortage of fertilizer).

How do you protect against massive pump&dump from greedy GPU miners and traders ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maxsinner

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:10:26 AM

I really don't get this:

1URO=1 mtonne Urea=$300

1BTC=1000URO=$300000

Why would the companies involved simply not buy up URO?

Because the whole thing is a scam. There are plenty of BTC thrown away on scam coins being done by kids, it was expected that professional scammers will arrive in this space sooner rather than later. Expect them to come up with more and more sophisticated ideas on how to rip people off.
victorski

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:31:34 AM

Stranger things have happened. As I see it, I can invest a $0.71 and get a potential $300. I am happy to sink a small amount of money into this coin on the off chance that it is true  Grin
MinerP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:42:31 AM

Stranger things have happened. As I see it, I can invest a $0.71 and get a potential $300. I am happy to sink a small amount of money into this coin on the off chance that it is true  Grin
this has scam written all over it but lol i just bought 300 URO. for each one to go to $300 it would be a miracle and very unlikely..
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:25:12 AM

Red flags:

Entries on partner's website predate existence of website:

Article quoted on same website is the same as quoted by OP:

linked67

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:26:52 AM

P2PoolCoin.com
P2pool node for Uro

EU server: http://p2poolcoin.com:35347
Canada Server: http://ca.p2poolcoin.com:35347

Dedicated server
Xeon cpu
32Go ram
SSD
1Gbps

Fee: 1% ONLY !!!!
Wallet is updated !

P2Pool EU:http://p2poolcoin.com 1 % fees - Server dedicated Xeon, 32 Go Ram, Ssd, 1 Gbps - DarkCoin - HiroCoin - ExeCoin - GpuCoin - MyriadCoin Qubit - Muniti - RotoCoin - VertCoin - etc
Free Middlecoin Stats for Iphone on Apple Store:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/middlecoin/id795238640?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

Its always the same with coin trading. I invest in coins with longterm goals, not shortterm technology.

Uro has a longterm goal, thats attractive as there will remain to be a reason to invest in it.

My potential loss would be 100%, my potential gains is far bigger than 100%, especially with a current market cap of just 28k...

I'm taking the risk.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:40:16 AM

Its always the same with coin trading. I invest in coins with longterm goals, not shortterm technology.

Uro has a longterm goal, thats attractive as there will remain to be a reason to invest in it.

My potential loss would be 100%, my potential gains is far bigger than 100%, especially with a current market cap of just 28k...

I'm taking the risk.
+1 this project is interesting, i am in.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:52:28 AM

Red flags:

but
1. http://greenearthsystems.com.au/ges-honored-to-be-the-first-member-of-the-uro-foundation/
2. http://au.linkedin.com/pub/nilesh-c-nair/60/548/634
3. https://twitter.com/GESystemsgroup/status/476267931064487936
4. http://www.xing.com/profile/Nilesh_Nair
5. http://www.gescommodity.com/pages-L2/gesaust.html
true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:12:49 PM

Goals
a. To setup a Distributed Urea Exchange for the efficient international trade of the world's most important fertilizer for food production: Urea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urea [Domain=en.wikipedia.org] )
b. To provide a medium of exchange stabilized via backing to the true and undeniable international value of Urea, the world's most important fertilizer commodity that is responsible for 50%+ of total world food production.  
Wait...
Why do you need to do a copycoin to make an exchange ?
Wait...
How do you backup the coin exactly ?
Q: Why do you need to do a cryptocurrency to make an exchange ?
A: The concept here is unique - the Uro network is a UREA exchange - not a BTC exchange. There was no way to achieve a decentralized Urea exchange as cleanly and as elegantly as Uro has done it. With Uro - you do not need a website to run the exchange - the Uro network itself trades Uro futures natively via the wallet. This means no downtime and no risk of fraud.
How do you exchange USD <-> URO ?
At the moment, you can purchase Bitcoins from your local country, then buy Uro on Bittrex and other upcoming exchanges.
In the future, you will be able to collect Uro (instead of Urea straight away) when buying Urea from participating wholesalers (Uro are effectively Urea futures). This way - farmers can easily mitigate the risk of Urea price volatility in the future by holding Uro when the going is good and exchanging it for Urea when they really need to.
Only a few nations officially use USD anyway - so even if we had a USD/URO exchange it would not be that useful for the parts of the world Uro will benefit the most (developing nations with a shortage of fertilizer).

How do you protect against massive pump&dump from greedy GPU miners and traders ?

We believe the free market will prevail because there is true value in Uro. Eventually, people will start to understand the whole concept.

We always knew that it would be difficult to bring a fresh concept to market that people have not seen before - but remember it is these fresh ideas the make breakthroughs and drive society forwards.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
danonthehill

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:14:30 PM

He could be in on it, behind it, or duped by it.  Besides, forgive me, but do we know exactly what these company's have contractually agreed?
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:17:20 PM

Red flags:

The events pre-date the website simply because the website was created after the events occurred. There is nothing wrong with this. There are websites on history all over the web.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:18:46 PM

He could be in on it, behind it, or duped by it.  Besides, forgive me, but do we know exactly what these company's have contractually agreed?

Yes, everybody does - its clearly written in the Uro Protocol, which you can read on the Uro Foundation website at http://uro.io

danonthehill

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:23:49 PM

Got it.  Thanks Didn't see that, very helpful.
danonthehill

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:46:04 PM

I don't understand why the dev remains anonymous when the other parties are named.  If legit, this would be considered an important initiative, why wouldn't you be proud to put your name to it?  Also, this is a very specific field of commerce, why not give a bit of personal narrative about how you became involved?  This would dissolve all FUD and ensure success.
davisgreen

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:13:54 PM

While all of you figure out if its a scam no scam..urea..uro...$0.71 or $300 and all that...

Meantime lets vote for URO on mintpal    https://www.mintpal.com/voting

It's right close to the bottom...and has my 1 vote as of now.

Cheers

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 01:38:02 PM

We fully expected people to be sceptical and welcome the criticisms. Your comments help us improve our communication and improve the level of knowledge for the whole community.

Remember this: Uro has no pre-mine, no IPO, no attempt whatsoever at requesting funds from anyone. The thread is not self-moderated and nothing of any significance has been deleted from any page.

This community has been scammed many times before. I myself was affected heavily by Markets.cx, Asiacoin and Whitecoin. I know how it feels to be lied to, how everything that comes afterwards seems like a lie.

Unfortunately, faith is the only ultimate factor that keeps a community together. I am part of the Uro team, I know its not a scam, I know its one of the only unique long term plays in the cryptocurrency space so far. I know the people and organisations involved, and I know they are serious and well funded.

Everything we have announced thus far has been delivered on or ahead of schedule - and we plan to keep it that way.

To those of you that want to stay with us and help us: this is our community - and there is no limit to what we can accomplish - we are here to guide you, to listen to you, and to advance the Uro cause with you.

To those of you that think we are a scam: we will respond to genuine concerns appropriately, and thank you for contributing to improving the completeness and quality of our future communication.

true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 01:46:37 PM

Guys more votes are needed on the interview poll. Stan from CoinDesk is monitoring this thread. I can see an interview offer being made soon if we can get that vote count high enough. Spread the interest in Uro people - get those votes in.

We all want these interviews so lets work together to get them! We need to give Stan some ammunition he can take to the editor to make a case for us!

Same goes for those that want the interviews on The Keiser Report or others - express your opinion and get those votes in - don't just sit there!

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:53:00 PM

The point is not to know if OP can be a horse behind a computer or not.

I want to understand the idea behind the project.
I don't see how the project is helping the farmers using urea.
Cryptocurency lead to massive pump and dump. How can we expect people to rely on it ?
What if millions of people lose all their wealth and are forced to starvation because of a dump from a nerd with a massive GPU farm ?
This is a caricature but do someone see the point ?
MindGrenade

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:14:08 PM

Guys more votes are needed on the interview poll. Stan from CoinDesk is monitoring this thread. I can see an interview offer being made soon if we can get that vote count high enough. Spread the interest in Uro people - get those votes in.

We all want these interviews so lets work together to get them! We need to give Stan some ammunition he can take to the editor to make a case for us!

Same goes for those that want the interviews on The Keiser Report or others - express your opinion and get those votes in - don't just sit there!

Will be great to see if this follows through. People have poo-pooed and naysayed, even people can't make $300 per URO they now hold, if this project is honest it will change things in a pretty huge way.

I personally think Keiser Report being a video format will gain more trust but CoinDesk probably has a further reach within the community.

Why not both?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: