Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 04:09:52 AM

3. CureCoin will be moving closer to pure POS asap in prep for CureCoin 2.0
Well, at least I know in advance to pull the plug on my $15k investment. :/

You stand to make more from gpus per watt even if you have an s9 or 15k$ worth of them. Also asics are good for a lot of other coins too, like bitcoin. If your serious about your investment you should know this and have thought this out. I highly recommend looking through the asic mining guide on coinwarz if you are serious about asics. I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone else buying asics just for curecoin.

Also, the move is "closer" to pure pos.. next phase for 1.x is still a hybrid. Also Asic hardware gets outdated faster than gpus and then becomes worthless unlike gpus when the next model comes out, so figure in extra hardware deprecation.  Just my 2 cents.

I think last poster bardacuda agrees with this - "I knew I should have bought those nvidia cards back in the fall..."

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:15:48 AM

Not all of that number is ASICs. But much of the appeal to cc was the ability to be on all sides. Like I said, at least now I know in advance the best thing to do is just mine/fold and dump.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 04:38:17 AM

Not all of that number is ASICs. But much of the appeal to cc was the ability to be on all sides. Like I said, at least now I know in advance the best thing to do is just mine/fold and dump.

We are still planning to launch SigmaX which will share a common codebase with cc2.0 and provide pure-PoW functionality. It won't be SHA256D for ASICs, but it will still support "traditional" mining and the accompanying security model.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:51:48 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 03:41:59 PM by ComputerGenie

... I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone else buying asics just for curecoin...
And shit like this is why; 20% of 20% was bad enough to begin with.
Edit: and I guess you forgot:
Would you mine for a "CureCoin" ?
With 100% of your hashing power    45 (47.4%)

...I highly recommend looking through the asic mining guide on coinwarz if you are serious about asics...
If you think that anyone with my altcoin hashrate hasn't already done so, then you're as dumb as anyone willing to stick with this mess. This is almost as bad as the shit the devs did to Neoscoin. Angry

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
assistresearch

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:36:53 AM

... I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone else buying asics just for curecoin...
And shit like this is why; 20% of 20% was bad enough to begin with.

one prevailing criticism of CureCoin -for years- has been its efficiency marred by the 20% SHA-256 miner reward...
so much in fact (cygnusxi indicated in slack) this has been a deal breaker with some recently interested power-player/adopters!

I believe this is the CC devs' attempt to ...

* make CureCoin 99% efficient - where ~all of the computational power goes to research.
   * satisfy legacy CureCoin SHA miners - giving them something equally interesting (SigmaX) in terms of:
       - decentralization
       - quantum resistance
       - mini-blockchain with fast transaction times
       - most importantly; the same interesting security & consensus hooks for future functionality included in both chains

this should ultimately benefit you as a SHA miner through diversification - if it does not, you are likely in a small minority...
lethax

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:24:50 AM

I like the idea of more towards research. Possibly a small POS reward instead of POW. It'd give incentive to hold on to the coin.

▃▃                             ▃▃                [OFFICIAL WEBSITE          ⬇Download MINEUM client⬇
 █     M I N E U M     █                                                                  Windows   Mac   Linux
▔▔                             ▔▔             BITCOINTALK THREAD
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:34:35 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 11:45:01 AM by ComputerGenie

20% of 20% - that "20%" is wallets and miners (average non-wallet miner network difficulty is ~ 1million per/TH)

...consensus...
When the change is put into the wallet and the wallet change is mandatory, "consensus" is a meaningless claim.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:39:20 AM

I like the idea of more towards research. Possibly a small POS reward instead of POW. It'd give incentive to hold on to the coin.
The markets love it that way, because the best "value" comes from trading it off every 60-90 days (since spending isn't an option).

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:04:20 PM

Don't get me wrong, I do realize that there is a reason that CureCoin was/is intended to be ASIC unfriendly. And I mostly agree with that reasoning. I'm just tired of finding coins I can get behind and then it all twists around. This all just seems very reminiscent of what happened to anyone that had a vested interest in NEOS last year (no one has a value > 1/3 of what they had before it went POS).

I'm all for pushing towards folding (and do have substantial investments to that end, both current and future), but I've yet to see a POS coin that has a real value. Personally, I think it'd be better for the coin, and the community, if efforts were made to make it spendable (rather than making the ideal situation one where the "best" outcome is retrading x amount of coins to keep them "less than 90 days old").

From a broad perspective (and anyone feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong), a "winning" plan for full POS is:

• keep coins in wallet for 30 days
  • after 30 days, keep wallet open
  • get "fees" for "lucky" coins
  • after 90 days, dump "unlucky" coins on the market and repurchase (making them "new" again
  • wait another 30 days for prior "lucky" coins and "new" coins to be usable
  • start over

This is a great plan for those at the top, who already have enough coins to revolve daily.
This is a horrible plan for those at the bottom (or getting started), who don't have, or can't afford, enough coins to revolve daily.

Full POS is bad, because it's centralized and only rewards the "rich" for being "rich". <- and that's coming from a guy that has a few million CURE

yavuzc78

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:20:34 PM

Don't get me wrong, I do realize that there is a reason that CureCoin was/is intended to be ASIC unfriendly. And I mostly agree with that reasoning. I'm just tired of finding coins I can get behind and then it all twists around. This all just seems very reminiscent of what happened to anyone that had a vested interest in NEOS last year (no one has a value > 1/3 of what they had before it went POS).

I'm all for pushing towards folding (and do have substantial investments to that end, both current and future), but I've yet to see a POS coin that has a real value. Personally, I think it'd be better for the coin, and the community, if efforts were made to make it spendable (rather than making the ideal situation one where the "best" outcome is retrading x amount of coins to keep them "less than 90 days old").

From a broad perspective (and anyone feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong), a "winning" plan for full POS is:

• keep coins in wallet for 30 days
  • after 30 days, keep wallet open
  • get "fees" for "lucky" coins
  • after 90 days, dump "unlucky" coins on the market and repurchase (making them "new" again
  • wait another 30 days for prior "lucky" coins and "new" coins to be usable
  • start over

This is a great plan for those at the top, who already have enough coins to revolve daily.
This is a horrible plan for those at the bottom (or getting started), who don't have, or can't afford, enough coins to revolve daily.

Full POS is bad, because it's centralized and only rewards the "rich" for being "rich". <- and that's coming from a guy that has a few million CURE
But it is bad for Cure you can only get %1 cure coin so if you have 100000 Cure you can get 1000 coin 1 year isnt it?

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:29:12 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 03:27:24 PM by ComputerGenie

But it is bad for Cure you can only get %1 cure coin so if you have 100000 Cure you can get 1000 coin 1 year isnt it?
Based on that idea, "if you have 1000 Cure you can get 10 coin 1 year". Given that a block bonus is 13, it means that you actually get nothing...

That's not to mention the fact that the devs can't get a basic calculator working correctly (https://curecoin.info/merged-folding-profit-calculator/ doesn't work [or at best doesn't update "difficulty" into reality]) ....

kopija

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:29:21 AM

That's not to mention the fact that the devs can't get a basic calculator working correctly (https://curecoin.info/merged-folding-profit-calculator/ doesn't work [or at best doesn't update "difficulty" into reality]) ....

That needs to be fixed!
I have a bunch of people on local forum ready to switch from ZEC/ETH. I just need a reliable calculator to convince them.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
D8V1D

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:20:06 PM

That needs to be fixed!
I have a bunch of people on local forum ready to switch from ZEC/ETH. I just need a reliable calculator to convince them.

Curecoin is not more profitable than ZEC.
Even worse when you have AMD gpus.

https://whattomine.com/coins/76-cure-sha-256
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:15:38 PM

Curecoin is not more profitable than ZEC.
Even worse when you have AMD gpus....
That site looks at sha mining, not folding.

ryohazuki89

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 01:48:48 AM

A sick excerpt from a PDF that I found (I think you have to pay for the full copy https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233770794_The_Protein-Folding_Problem_50_Years_On
), you guys should tweet or something:

The Protein-Folding Problem, 50 Years On -  23 Nov 2012:
Is the protein-folding problem “solved” yet (69)? We believe it is no longer useful to frame the question this way. Protein folding is now a whole field of research—a large, growing, and diverse enterprise. A field of science—such as physics, chemistry, or biology—is bigger than any individual research question. A field is self-perpetuating; a few old puzzles generate more new puzzles. For the field of protein physical science, the future is at least as compelling as the past. Here are some of the unsolved problems: We have little experimental knowledge of protein-folding energy landscapes. We cannot consistently predict the structures of proteins to high accuracy. We do not have a quantitative microscopic understanding of the folding routes or transition states for arbitrary amino acid sequences. We cannot predict a protein’s propensity to aggregate, which is important for aging and folding diseases. We do not have algorithms that accurately give the binding affinities of drugs and small molecules to proteins. We do not understand why a cellular proteome does not precipitate, because of the high density inside a cell. We know little about how folding diseases happen, or how to intervene. Fifty years ago, the protein-folding problem was born as a grand challenge of basic science. Since then, our understanding has advanced considerably. And, outgrowths of protein folding include the commercial development of new computers, such as IBM’s Blue Gene; new modes of citizen science, including Folding@Home and Foldit; the development of communal scientific competitions, such as CASP; a database of now more than 80,000 protein structures; the Moore’sLaw advancement in biomolecular simulation forcefields; new areas of materials science based on foldable polymers; and a foundation for understanding whole new classes of diseases—such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and type II diabetes, called folding diseases—that were not even known when the protein-folding problem was first identified. In times when there are pressures on science budgets for immediate payoffs, it is worth repeating the well-worn point that untargeted basic science often pays off in unexpected ways.
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 12:45:06 AM

Thank you for your attention.
I understand that it is difficult to alter unomp under curecoin.
Tell me please, are there any other platforms that no improvements will be compatible with curecoin?
For Example CoiniumServ?

rather than altering your current setup, try a google search for "POW/POS hybrid mining pool github" the first couple matches look like they may be helpful. I have not purchased an asic since 2014 though so other than pointing out those tools my other advice would be to try searching peercoin forums, or maybe look for Techbytes or ahmed_ in IRC channels. They can usually be found in digitalcoin irc and myriad coin to name a couple if they are not in curecoin irc. Currently the curecoin team mostly uses the foldingcoin slack since they had a good platform already there and we are now working with the foldingcoin team as much as possible as both coins are pushing the same agenda while offering a different platform for the token itself. If you are solo mining you might**( especially if your wallet and miner are on the same LAN) get better efficiency mining straight to your wallet without stratum. Hopefully that helps.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:10:42 AM

We are still planning to launch SigmaX which will share a common codebase with cc2.0 and provide pure-PoW functionality. It won't be SHA256D for ASICs, but it will still support "traditional" mining and the accompanying security model.

That's the one. I had been trying to remember what it was called.

Any ETA?

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:24:26 AM

.... If you are solo mining you might**( especially if your wallet and miner are on the same LAN) get better efficiency mining straight to your wallet without stratum...
That pretty well doesn't work (especially with "newer" Antminers) because of the "atypical" GBT issue.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 09:19:14 PM

afaik only 6-8 million cure are in fact in circulation
to state u have a few million cure
make me revalue the content written by u

if something smells like bs and it looks like bs then most likely it is bs

absolute nothing is wrong with POS instead investing into mining gear u invest in coins
and in opposite to mining gear the coins dont degrade in earning power and have zero (or lets say a few watt for a 24/7 minting node) electrical power cost

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
D8V1D

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:06:39 AM

afaik only 6-8 million cure are in fact in circulation
to state u have a few million cure
make me revalue the content written by u

if something smells like bs and it looks like bs then most likely it is bs

absolute nothing is wrong with POS instead investing into mining gear u invest in coins
and in opposite to mining gear the coins dont degrade in earning power and have zero (or lets say a few watt for a 24/7 minting node) electrical power cost

Your forgetting the basis for Curecoin, folding protein.

In order to fold protein, you need computer hardware.

There has to be POW. Without people folding protein, there would be no Curecoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: