Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:02:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:05:06 PM

I think by sticking only to one area we are limiting scope and growth

If you want to become the powerhouse of distributed computing we need to allow people to dedicate their resources on array of projects that they find worthwhile, interesting or even profitable.

So all those wanting to just go with "curing" can still do that but we allow others to join the project too.

Then again volksholk was saying there is a companion coin coming so perhaps that is what that is for, other things not related directly to curing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
east-wrest

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 03:47:17 PM

I think by sticking only to one area we are limiting scope and growth

If you want to become the powerhouse of distributed computing we need to allow people to dedicate their resources on array of projects that they find worthwhile, interesting or even profitable.

So all those wanting to just go with "curing" can still do that but we allow others to join the project too.

Then again volksholk was saying there is a companion coin coming so perhaps that is what that is for, other things not related directly to curing.

I firmly agree. Given the resources available to the project, I could see the potential for a pivot into other distributed computing applications that could complement Curecoin.

As far as other questions go being raised here, I would need someone with more insight into the technical aspects of Curecoin 2.0 to respond to that comment.
Rikim4ru

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:50:46 PM

Well don't trust CURECOIN with your money if you like it....

don't get burned. So many lost money on this shitshow and now they have to seek a cure for their depression.

Despite the good 'idea', too many fundamentals are not present. You are 'folding' for a bitch that get it for free. Miners dumps at every occasion, or hold in despair. Large hand pump to make some FOMO bagholders  thats don't even read past the coin nickname, just to dump harder. No big fish will buy something that the 'consumer' dont need to buy WITH MONEY.

Who are you folding for already?

Get a reality check CURECOIN.

east-wrest

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 11:16:03 PM

don't get burned. So many lost money on this shitshow and now they have to seek a cure for their depression.

Despite the good 'idea', too many fundamentals are not present. You are 'folding' for a bitch that get it for free. Miners dumps at every occasion, or hold in despair. Large hand pump to make some FOMO bagholders  thats don't even read past the coin nickname, just to dump harder. No big fish will buy something that the 'consumer' dont need to buy WITH MONEY.

What fundamentals would you like to see? Are miners holding or dumping? You can't have both.

I'm aware there has been some issues with meeting stated estimates in the past, which is why we are not going to release any specific information as to when Curecoin 2.0 is being released.

As with most academic projects, society in general will benefit from the research, not just the Curecoin team or the schools behind the project. My personal investment of time in the project is due to my belief in the underlying mechanism which provides a net-positive social benefit. If you're buying Curecoin for profit, maybe we're not the best choice.

As with any coin, do your research and invest wisely.
Rikim4ru

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:18:55 AM

What fundamentals would you like to see? Are miners holding or dumping? You can't have both.

I'm aware there has been some issues with meeting stated estimates in the past, which is why we are not going to release any specific information as to when Curecoin 2.0 is being released.

As with most academic projects, society in general will benefit from the research, not just the Curecoin team or the schools behind the project. My personal investment of time in the project is due to my belief in the underlying mechanism which provides a net-positive social benefit. If you're buying Curecoin for profit, maybe we're not the best choice.

As with any coin, do your research and invest wisely.

Well let's just start with Folding Curecoin,

1 - Who is using the folding.
2 - Do they(Answer #1) need to purchase Curecoin on a exchange or from an individual to be able to use the Folding process('folded' from miners, with an electricity/hardware cost) for 'the proteins answer' they are looking for?

I'll try to illustrate the issue without your answer first ;

Big miner 'A1' decide to mine curecoin for a good cause.
Big Miner 'A1' receive 1 000 000 Curecoin for his folding effort, but need to pay X1 electricity bills, and Z1 Hardware investement cost.
Big Pharma 'B1' need the result of 1 000 000  Curecoin effort. Big Pharma Never heard of Curecoin, and receive the result for free just for listing a project for a curecoin miner to fold on.
Big Pharma 'B1' make 1 billions USD for this cancer cure that they were looking for , and will sell it a high price to your dying mom/heritage.
Big Miner 'A1' hold 1 000 000 curecoin, but no one except speculator wants it.
Curecoin life circle is only Mine -> sell to support mining expanse ; at miners dumping price

What it should be really be if this project had logic fundamentals;

Big pharma A1 buy curecoin to fold more or less quickly for their project/problem -> Miners gets paid to fold it for them -> sell to support mining expanse ; at Project value/competitive levels.

THERES MORE THAN BITCOIN MARKET CAP SITTING IN BIG PHARMA AND THERE YOU ARE GIVING AWAY YOUR FOLDING POWER FOR FREE TO THEM TO SELL BACK THE CURE TO YOU OR YOUR RELATIVE.

Rikim4ru

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:22:38 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 12:38:01 AM by Rikim4ru

FIX IT OR DIE(get delisted) TRYING CURECOIN

No one will care about Curecoin  2.0 except curecoin bagholder if you can't fix that simple equation.
Rikim4ru

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:32:38 AM

' Are miners holding or dumping? You can't have both. '

What about just like ETH, LTC, XRP, BTC? (how many of those coins did you mine? How many do you hold? Ask yourself.  How many curecoin folders hold curecoin? How many non-curecoin folders hold curecoin? Ask yourself again. Oops?)

Mining and holding because the value will go up, because bank, corporate, private USAGE/CONSUMPTION will  move up with time? AND dumping because actually someone WANT TO USE OR HOLD IT EVEN LONGER?

So yeah we can have both, useless the coin is missing Fundamentals.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:39:10 AM

...[stuff]...
While I'm the 1st to condemn CC for lack of advancements (and their general disdain for ASICs), it seems that you have a misconception about the purpose of the coin and the logic behind it.

Setting aside the fact that you still can't grasp the difference between mining CureCoin(something that less than 20 people do) and folding....

CC and FLDC are meant to be an altruistic form of "reward" for altruistic folders. From the perspective of devs, the fact that such rewards can be monetized is an ancillary bonus. At the core of the Stanford project is the idea of shared, distributed computing power (and the fact that for every 10 participants involved, the workload is 1/10th that of processing on 1 computer). While I do agree (and have stated so on more than one occasion) that the devs should be actively seeking to monetize the coin to the extent of giving it buying power when it comes to the equipment used, I think you're way off base when it comes to intent and purpose.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Rikim4ru

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:42:09 AM

'If you're buying Curecoin for profit, maybe we're not the best choice.'

So with the same hardware power I can just mine DCR and expect some profit? And with curecoin I should forget the idea of ROI??

As for the net-positive social benifits? Will the cure I found would be available to me or a PAY WALL WILL BE SET AND LET ME AND MY FAMILLY DYING of that VERY SAME CURE?
Rikim4ru

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:46:30 AM

...[stuff]...
While I'm the 1st to condemn CC for lack of advancements (and their general disdain for ASICs), it seems that you have a misconception about the purpose of the coin and the logic behind it.

Setting aside the fact that you still can't grasp the difference between mining CureCoin(something that less than 20 people do) and folding....

CC and FLDC are meant to be an altruistic form of "reward" for altruistic folders. From the perspective of devs, the fact that such rewards can be monetized is an ancillary bonus. At the core of the Stanford project is the idea of shared, distributed computing power (and the fact that for every 10 participants involved, the workload is 1/10th that of processing on 1 computer). While I do agree (and have stated so on more than one occasion) that the devs should be actively seeking to monetize the coin to the extent of giving it buying power when it comes to the equipment used, I think you're way off base when it comes to intent and purpose.

Setting aside the fact that you still can't grasp the difference between mining CureCoin(something that less than 20 people do) and folding.... Huh?

Just wow. I use the term mining so much  because of its Electricity/Hardware/ROI connotation it have on a BITCOIN FORUM. I grasp the concept very well, hash vs folding  protein for a project. But maybe the dev didnt when they tried to MONETIZE this over 'FOLDERS' with A CRYPTOCURRENCY.  I mean, just pay back the folders with pokemon cards as  an ancillary bonus! why a cryptocurrency for this thin air 'money/curecoin'? Curecoin is just distributed like toiletpaper with a special sign on it. Get real.

Altruistic doesnt exist when someone else MONETIZE YOUR ALTRUIST. Grow up. or maybe you just dont like money so keep going boi.
Rikim4ru

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:53:43 AM

What curecoin needs is get the top 10 bigpharma fight for the folding power they need to find a cure they can sell.

Thats it. No more no less.
Not happening?

Curecoin =  Roll Eyes
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:59:25 AM

Why would big pharma pay for the folding that the curecoin team does when they can get the evga team's and every other team's folding for free?

It doesn't work the way you want it to because it can't unless you can convince Stanford of your arguments, not the curecoin devs.

Curecoin is worth what people are willing to pay for it, just like every other coin. If it's a problem for you, then why not point your rigs at something else and dump that instead?

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:21:36 AM

Setting aside the fact that you still can't grasp the difference between mining CureCoin(something that less than 20 people do) and folding.... Huh?

Reality check - there are HUNDREDS of folks doing folding on Team Curecoin, not "less than 20"

There are something like 20 of us AMONG THE TOP 50 "24 HOUR AVERAGE" FOLDERS ALONE as a general rule.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/individual_list.php?s=&srt=1

IMO CureCoin would be better off if we could get the Gates foundation interested in buying CureCoin (and probably FoldingCoin as well), as both would promote getting more hardware pointed at a proven "find new drugs to cure/treat diseases" project which would be at least somewhat in line with the stated objectives of that particular foundation.

"Big Pharma" isn't who's backing Standford's F@H efforts.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:44:22 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 08:50:24 AM by ComputerGenie

Reality check - there are HUNDREDS of folks doing folding on Team Curecoin, not "less than 20"
Seems you can't grasp the difference either. Undecided
There are less than 20 people than mine CureCoin on a regular weekly basis (even less that do it on a daily basis).
99.98% of the people that mine (which is everyone that mines except me and 1 other person) mine here: http://cure.cryptopools.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

"Reality check" - Mining, which is a POW (and not POS) version of adding to the Curecoin blockchain, is not folding.

Edit: For clarity, I refer you to the damn OP and the 3 screens dedicated to explaining the difference...
...As someone with ASIC mining power, you can help increase the network security of Curecoin, earn good money from your work (through the proof-of-work block reward of Curecoin), and indirectly support folding efforts through network rebalancing ...
[emphasis added]

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
adam yung

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:48:39 AM

No one, much less the whole community, needs to spend that much time trying to convince an exchange to stay a delisting. The fact that they are delisting a "cause coin" is, in fact, representative of the fact that they have already made up their mind and pages of a forum thread aren't going to matter
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:52:43 AM

look at these other distributed computing projects

gns
golem
rls

these are hot right now, even grid has started saying they will follow their path to more monetized distributed computing projects hence the rise in gridcoin.

curecoin has had terrible terrible involvement from the devs since inception.

volksholk is mostly found on every other project thread occasionally remembers curecoin
cygnusxi are they actually a developer? not sure what they do

if it is always going to be an altruistic project let's slash the rewards back hard for now. I mean people want to fold for free then let's let them do that but give them some small reward.

Investors in curecoin have been ruined by slack developers who are more interested in other projects than their own and falure to look forward and adapt this project to something more useful for the investors.

Lets follow gridcoin into more monetised distributed computing models they seem to have a better idea of where things are heading.

Leave the free altruistic folding to those that want to do it for free. It would be good to find a balance for investors and those wanting to do some good but really this has not been possible due to devs doing practically nothing for all these years.

This has been a HUGE loss to all that supported this project from the start.

For now I would cut back folding rewards hard and improve the spec of this coin so that it is interesting to investors for other reasons..

Later look into monetising distributed computing power.

The coins tech is basic outdated crap let's look at making that interesting and novel. So that at least investors are interested in it from that perspective then we can slash the cure payouts to folders hard and they will still do ok out of it financially.

DevShuster

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 08:44:16 AM

Several people have volunteered to help out with Curecoin.  Feel free to connect with us at http://slack.curecoin.net:30000 Thanks!
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:15:41 AM

Seems you can't grasp the difference either. Undecided
There are less than 20 people than mine CureCoin on a regular weekly basis (even less that do it on a daily basis).
99.98% of the people that mine (which is everyone that mines except me and 1 other person) mine here: http://cure.cryptopools.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

"Reality check" - Mining, which is a POW (and not POS) version of adding to the Curecoin blockchain, is not folding.

Edit: For clarity, I refer you to the damn OP and the 3 screens dedicated to explaining the difference...
...As someone with ASIC mining power, you can help increase the network security of Curecoin, earn good money from your work (through the proof-of-work block reward of Curecoin), and indirectly support folding efforts through network rebalancing ...
[emphasis added]

As a reminder. the PRIMARY FUNCTION of Curecoin - AND MOST OF THE REWARDS - are directed to the folders that ARE THE ENTIRE POINT OF HAVING CURECOIN.

Without us FOLDERS, THERE WOULD BE NO CURECOIN AND NO REASON FOR IT.

This is not to say the work done by the miners is useless, but it is not the focus for Curecoin, it is not why Curecoin exists, and there are ways to not NEED the miners at all that Curecoin hasn't chosen to use (as much as I hate bringing up FoldingCoin, they don't use miners - though I don't class their use of that ripoff Counterparty platform as being a better option - nor does GridCoin use miners though I'm not fond of their particular implimentation of Proof of Stake either).

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
shaka256

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:16:19 AM

I think that what Rikim says isn't total nonsense...

Curecoin has been created way after F@H to offer some financial reward for folders. The Devs have reached their goal as we will soon be #1 Folding Team and some of the very big folders that have joined the team did it after the CURE/FLDC significant price increases last year and this year.

But the main problem is that folders work for a University (Stanford) who's main (if not only) aim (as for all research teams around the world) is to publish some papers in famous scientific magazines (Science, Nature...). So don't expect Stanford to change their "business" model. They will continue to have a few PHD students setting up a few projects with the aim to publish papers, not trying to raise CURE and FLDC value.

And this is a pity because taking into account the HUGE number of GPUs that are mining useless altcoins all around the World, having a smarter "business" model involving CURE/FLDC could bring many of those miners into Folding and therefore increase the folding power by a factor of several tens or hundreds.

But Stanford prefers wasting time on crap like bringing Android smartphones to Folding. They obviously didn't realize that a bunch of 1080TI's working 24/7 will do more work than ALL the Android clients working from time to time...

So maybe one idea would be to find a bunch of researchers and create a "competing" Folding research lab that would be in tight contact with Big Pharma and do the folding according to Big Pharma needs not with the only aim to publish papers. And of course have Big Pharma pay with CURE/FLDC the research done. Big Pharma money would heavily increase CURE/FLDC value and tons of miners would join the Folding Team. That would lead to more research, more health results and more money for Folders...
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:22:54 AM

Does Stanford even know CURE and FLDC exist?

Also, the bulk of those "GPUs mining useless altcoins" would be AMD, and AMD GPUs don't do well at Folding (Vega might change that some, but the RX series isn't competative on a PPD/$ basis much less a PPD/Watt basis).

Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: