Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:21:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186889 times)
triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 10:52:51 PM

i think there are definitely things people have a good position to grip against, but making a couple bucks on shipping isn't really one of them.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 11:29:07 PM

kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 11:35:25 PM

Ahh yes, the ButterLab Flys.

cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 11:37:05 PM

I DEMAND A COST ANALYSIS OF BFL SHIPPING MATERIALS IMMEDIATELY

just send them a stamped envelop with your return address on it!

P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 11:37:26 PM

oops! Cheesy
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 11:44:47 PM

Epic.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 12:42:04 AM

Has anybody on this board ordered a rig box?  I thought I saw somebody say something about a deposit, but I can't seem to find that particular post.  I'd be a lot more comfortable with a deposit.

I'm thinking about ordering one, but it's scary that there's the possibility that I'd give them $30k and then find out in four months that it was a long con the whole time and there's nothing I can do.  *shrug*
Buckwheet

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 02:48:56 AM

I want to know why their shipping is $34. They sent them out in USPS boxes(but didn't use USPS as the shipper), and based on the dimensions USPS flat rate large boxes could be used for a flat cost of $15.50. This does not include the online purchase price discount or if they actually implemented using the new USPS regional rate boxes which are just as large and can cost quite a bit less then the flat rates depending on where the end location is and how heavy the overall package is.

If they are willing to sudo abuse the postal service for free boxes, then they should purchase a used UPS zebra printer for $99 and then order the free thermal labels from UPS to print your USPS postage on. Not to mention, you can then use Paypal's shipping software to print in bulk to the thermal printer.

I just can't believe they would stuff $20 worth of shipping materials into the boxes.

lol, no offense but you are a cheap, cheap man arent you? Wink

I guess cheap is the correct phrase if you mean, not just throwing my money around at stuff when I know it doesn't cost what someone wants to charge me. Its 2.5% of the sale price. How about everything you buy from now on you just send me 2.5% of the total cost in BTC? Since you don't mind paying 2.5% more for something. Do you just pay face value for a car when you know the list price is a thousand bucks cheaper? Most people don't. So yes, I am "cheap" and I am proud as hell of it.

I got to where I am today by holding on to the money I have, and if I just said oh well it's "just" $20 every time something was blatantly marked $20 higher than it needed to be, I wouldn't be a millionaire by 31. I am not trying to throw that in your face, and I did admit that I am an online retailer. I ship hundreds of items daily and I know what stuff costs to send through the postal service. Anyways enough from me cause clearly I am being absurd.

Feel free to send your 2.5% to the following address:

1LTQFffbFzVu8CqtZVeRgSSuKpdNnim6kK

Edit: And the beer comment is pretty funny.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 05:27:22 AM

Has anybody on this board ordered a rig box?  I thought I saw somebody say something about a deposit, but I can't seem to find that particular post.  I'd be a lot more comfortable with a deposit.

I'm thinking about ordering one, but it's scary that there's the possibility that I'd give them $30k and then find out in four months that it was a long con the whole time and there's nothing I can do.  *shrug*

The post I saw mentioned something about the rig being available by May or June timing.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 05:55:43 AM

The post I saw mentioned something about the rig being available by May or June timing.
Someone mentioned offering to drive the money out there, instead of mailing it to them. Don't think butterfly returned the email request.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 08:31:09 AM

I want to know why their shipping is $34. They sent them out in USPS boxes(but didn't use USPS as the shipper), and based on the dimensions USPS flat rate large boxes could be used for a flat cost of $15.50. This does not include the online purchase price discount or if they actually implemented using the new USPS regional rate boxes which are just as large and can cost quite a bit less then the flat rates depending on where the end location is and how heavy the overall package is.

If they are willing to sudo abuse the postal service for free boxes, then they should purchase a used UPS zebra printer for $99 and then order the free thermal labels from UPS to print your USPS postage on. Not to mention, you can then use Paypal's shipping software to print in bulk to the thermal printer.

I just can't believe they would stuff $20 worth of shipping materials into the boxes.

lol, no offense but you are a cheap, cheap man arent you? Wink

I guess cheap is the correct phrase if you mean, not just throwing my money around at stuff when I know it doesn't cost what someone wants to charge me. Its 2.5% of the sale price. How about everything you buy from now on you just send me 2.5% of the total cost in BTC? Since you don't mind paying 2.5% more for something. Do you just pay face value for a car when you know the list price is a thousand bucks cheaper? Most people don't. So yes, I am "cheap" and I am proud as hell of it.

I got to where I am today by holding on to the money I have, and if I just said oh well it's "just" $20 every time something was blatantly marked $20 higher than it needed to be, I wouldn't be a millionaire by 31. I am not trying to throw that in your face, and I did admit that I am an online retailer. I ship hundreds of items daily and I know what stuff costs to send through the postal service. Anyways enough from me cause clearly I am being absurd.

Feel free to send your 2.5% to the following address:

1LTQFffbFzVu8CqtZVeRgSSuKpdNnim6kK

Edit: And the beer comment is pretty funny.

Cheap isn't the right word. It's more like "mildly retarded". Going around asking why a business charges more for shipping then it actually costs - is mildly retarded. There are costs involved in shipping something. Yes more then just what the shipper charges. Packaging, transporting it to be shipping or scheduling a shipment, getting the tracking information, updating the tracking information into their own system, the little plastic shit they put inside so it doesn't break. Just because you used your trusty measuring tape and got the little dimensions punched into USPS.com doesn't mean that's the true cost of shipping a product to a customer. If you ship 5,000 boxes a month and USPS charges you $50,000, get ready, it's likely to cost you MORE then $50,000 to ship those boxes. Mind. Blown.

And like someone else pointed out, you mark up the shipping to make money. It's a business. The goal is to make money. You shift some of the cost into shipping because then it looks cheaper. Most people say it's $599. It's actually $633. But most people say $599 (or $600). So they shifted $10-$15-$20 into shipping and made it look cheaper. That's the old "business shit" cropping up again. When your goal is to make money, you do shit like this. Don't worry, when you're a freshmen at highschool this fall you'll learn all kinds of stuff like this. In the meantime, I was happy to explain it for you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 12:03:35 PM

I knew a guy a few years back who had a little side business selling baseball cards on eBay.  All he did was buy those large boxes of cards and then sell them individually.  Almost all his profit came from the $2 shipping/handling he charged.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 12:21:26 PM

I knew a guy a few years back who had a little side business selling baseball cards on eBay.  All he did was buy those large boxes of cards and then sell them individually.  Almost all his profit came from the $2 shipping/handling he charged.
^^
This reminds me of an epic eBay song  Grin

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
heavyb

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 12:58:38 PM

i think there are definitely things people have a good position to grip against, but making a couple bucks on shipping isn't really one of them.

abbeytim

Activity: 438

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:18:57 PM

you must also remember that the shipping probably includes insurance
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:38:29 PM

Someone mentioned offering to drive the money out there, instead of mailing it to them. Don't think butterfly returned the email request.

I live in Des Moines and have access to a decent amount of capital. If they offer the Rig Box for real I'd drive two hours and buy at least one of them directly.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 11:36:01 PM

I live in Des Moines and have access to a decent amount of capital. If they offer the Rig Box for real I'd drive two hours and buy at least one of them directly.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the rig box probably doesn't exist yet. Perhaps in 4-6 weeks?
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 12:52:12 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the rig box probably doesn't exist yet. Perhaps in 4-6 weeks?

If it does, thats sure as hell not the real picture. That thing has to be much bigger.

heavyb

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 04:19:20 PM

I received an email that I can expect to receive my singles around the end of March.  Based on this prediction it looks as if production is closer to 6 weeks than 4 right now.

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 04:41:33 PM

I received an email that I can expect to receive my singles around the end of March.  Based on this prediction it looks as if production is closer to 6 weeks than 4 right now.

Heavyb, when did you place that order? My understanding is that people who have orders back in December still haven't received them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: