Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:50:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93671 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:40:04 AM

Lol. What a fail parade. Can't I take a business trip on the weekend without everyone getting their panties in a bunch?

For the record, I've used the same totally crap starter VPS to host a lot of the websites I manage until Vladimir was able to get his hosting service ready for me. Everything is being moved over (I think I already said that, in this thread even...). bittalk.tv and dcao.org are both on the same server. When one goes down, so does the other.

For those saying things like "I didn't get my email answered", I am not the only one who answers emails. Adam Harding (who is in charge of advertising accounts currently) or Mihai Alisie (our marketing director) will be glad to respond to your inquiries. All of our contact information can be found at http://bitcoinmagazine.net

For those thinking I've "bit off more than I can chew", I have like 3948923 companies. Relax. The first magazine ever has to go through the rigid and highly annoying process of standardization and reformatting. I've brought more and more professionals on board as we have developed to make sure the second issue is even less time consuming.

For those thinking what we are doing is "impossible" and "must be a scam", you bring a smile to my face to know how well we must be doing for anyone to think that.

For those of you (like Goat) who have paid for things like "website design", "advertisements", etc and then run to this thread to yell 'scam' because you completely ignored my initial warnings that A) I am highly expensive, B) the magazine is top priority, not your design, and C) I would make sure to clear the designs with you before we went to print (which I haven't failed to do yet), I'll be sending you a full refund as it's apparent I have misread your maturity.

For those saying that I went AWOL 'without notifying anyone', I'm pretty sure about 50 people or so knew exactly where I was. I'm kind of pissed no one bothered to fucking defend me, but such is bitcointalk.org. On that note, we'll be posting regularly on the website (not his thread) with updates on the progress of the magazine so everyone can get their fill.

Flatplan is finished, designers are taking another look at the photography limitations tonight and the entire design will be recompiled and sent to printers in a few days. For everyone who's paid and has waiting their fair share, I appreciate the steadfast trust. We deserve it and you didn't make a mistake. For everyone else, please go suck a pole while the very first Bitcoin magazine in history gets put together.

Peace

P.S. Bruno, not everyone here knows you're just trolling for shits and giggles. Keep the FUD a little less subtle for the newbies who send 10 emails in a period of 10 minutes expecting a reply to each one.

Matthew

I opt to send you this as a PM opposed to on one of the threads. As you probably clearly read I, as well as Rassah, defended you throughout all this. I was way too busy to stop all the naysayers, but I tried. I'm glad to see you back and hope the business you had to take care of went well.

Your Friend,

Bruno

PS: I won't mention this PM, if you don't.

Sorry mate. I'm PMSing, and your secret is safe with me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:41:31 AM

For those saying that I went AWOL 'without notifying anyone', I'm pretty sure about 50 people or so knew exactly where I was. I'm kind of pissed no one bothered to fucking defend me, but such is bitcointalk.org. On that note, we'll be posting regularly on the website (not his thread) with updates on the progress of the magazine so everyone can get their fill.

Jeez , everybody here is completely paranoid. The guy is "missing" for a few days and you
are about to pickup the torches and pitchforks...  chill down.

+1  Cool

+2

+3
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:42:14 AM

Guess I have to put out a bit of a fire here. False alarm folks.

Matthew had said that he would be on the road until Monday, South Korea time I presume. I think we should expect to hear from him within 24 hours.

Ahem,

Was off by a day but was nothing to panic about. As I tried to make clear early on with this post.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:35:00 AM

We've all just seen the "take everyone's money and disappear without telling anyone" thing go down here too many times, Matthew, that's all.  When you disappeared without making note of it on bitcointalk, and no one bothered to defend you until the last minute (except Phinnaeus, who no one knew if he was joking or not), it started freaking people out.  A quick note that you were going on vaca probably would have avoided all of it.

Anyway, glad to hear things are on track and almost to print!  Thinking about ordering me another...
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:41:22 AM

It would have been cool if it was a publicity stunt as a fake scam. It would have made a good story for the first issue.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 06:50:39 AM

We've all just seen the "take everyone's money and disappear without telling anyone" thing go down here too many times, Matthew, that's all.  When you disappeared without making note of it on bitcointalk, and no one bothered to defend you until the last minute (except Phinnaeus, who no one knew if he was joking or not), it started freaking people out.  A quick note that you were going on vaca probably would have avoided all of it.

Hindsight is 20/20. Now that Mihai has the blog on the site up, crap like this won't happen anymore I suppose.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:05:02 AM

Hindsight is 20/20. Now that Mihai has the blog on the site up, crap like this won't happen anymore I suppose.
Does it tell us when you're sleeping? What if you have a prolonged stay in the restroom - will the blog be updated to prevent future panics?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:10:28 AM

We've all just seen the "take everyone's money and disappear without telling anyone" thing go down here too many times, Matthew, that's all.  When you disappeared without making note of it on bitcointalk, and no one bothered to defend you until the last minute (except Phinnaeus, who no one knew if he was joking or not), it started freaking people out.  A quick note that you were going on vaca probably would have avoided all of it.
Does it tell us when you're sleeping? What if you have a prolonged stay in the restroom - will the blog be updated to prevent future panics?

Vicente told me I should get a streaming webcam for my study, but I have way too much sex in my house to let that happen.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:18:15 AM

No worries.  I think we're all glad that you're back though.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:20:10 AM

We've all just seen the "take everyone's money and disappear without telling anyone" thing go down here too many times, Matthew, that's all.  When you disappeared without making note of it on bitcointalk, and no one bothered to defend you until the last minute (except Phinnaeus, who no one knew if he was joking or not), it started freaking people out.  A quick note that you were going on vaca probably would have avoided all of it.
Vicente told me I should get a streaming webcam for my study, but I have way too much sex in my house to let that happen.
So charge for access? I thought you were a man of business!  Huh
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:24:41 AM

This thread is awesome.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:26:02 AM

No worries.  I think we're all glad that you're back though.

Me too. I had 400 emails to read when I got back, and most of them had "bitcoin magazine" somewhere in the title. -_-;

I'm finalizing the flatplan again right now (things changed over the weekend, including what articles would be included etc).

So charge for access? I thought you were a man of business!  Huh

Sorry, I already have a restrictive contract that limits all broadcasting of my sexual activities to a certain website only. It's called BruceWagnerPattayaDrunkenCruiseExpressOnlyOneCam.com

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:42:31 AM

1 hour free with a 12 month subscription to the magazine!

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 01:46:28 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 02:46:12 PM by paraipan

So charge for access? I thought you were a man of business!  Huh

1 hour free with a 12 month subscription to the magazine!

lool, some seem real determined to see Matthew's balls on cam  Cheesy maybe he could make a video where he "professionally abuses" paxum's mascot just like the scene at the end of the Christmas Special

/joking

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:54:31 PM

Lol. What a fail parade. Can't I take a business trip on the weekend without everyone getting their panties in a bunch?

What you need to do is, EVERY time you go on vacation, take all the Bitcoin magazine sites offline. After a while we'll get used to it, and it'll change from "OMG MATTHEW RAN OFF WITH ALL OUR MONEY!" to "OMG MATTHEW IS ON VACATION!"

Honestly, though, I just thought you got banned for a few days again  Roll Eyes
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:00:37 PM

+1000 Grin
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:38:23 PM

How come you can't order just the digital version with bitcoin?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:52:18 AM

How come you can't order just the digital version with bitcoin?

I can accept that order manually through the website's email contact but for the moment our system isn't set up to allow pre release purchases of downloadable goods.

Update: flatplan was all finished last night. Had some issues with some of the photos for a few of the articles and now it is being handled. Final layouts will take up to 3 days, followed by an additional group verification process of each page. Also changed printers due to a shipping and ordering restriction.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 05:27:18 AM

Jeez , everybody here is completely paranoid. The guy is "missing" for a few days and you

+1  Cool

+2

+3

hahahaa, I loved this.

Also, Matthew, I hope this is earning me some points with the DCAO!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 07:43:03 AM

+1  Cool

+2

+3

hahahaa, I loved this.

Also, Matthew, I hope this is earning me some points with the DCAO!

At least people missed you Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: