Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:11:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93671 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

Well, at least I got my Coineer magazine now.

So it did end up being the first physical bitcoin magazine after all...
No pics? Do tell. When will mine arrive?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 08:41:36 PM

The Bitcoin Magazine should be far better then Coineer's

but when will it come out?  Sad

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 09:00:10 PM

If all you wanted was toilet paper, I could have sent you a roll.

The week.  It is almost up.

I'll have the announcement tomorrow everyone is waiting for.  Cheesy

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 09:21:22 PM

Is the announcement going to be that there's going to be a big announcement next week? Roll Eyes

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 09:22:03 PM

Is the announcement going to be that there's going to be a big announcement next week? Roll Eyes

Is that the announcement everyone is waiting for?

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 09:56:47 PM

Yes

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 01:55:58 AM

Speaking of announcements:

Meanwhile, nothing is being kept secret ( except some big announcements being saved for the event ).....  We're just VERY busy.    And as for the numbers of registrations...  that is a moving target.

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 11:02:56 AM

And here's the promised big announcement!

I am Matthew's sockpuppet!

Didn't see that one coming, did you?

As Matthews sockpuppet, I can of course do announcements in the name of Matthew, of which the previous announcement was one. As well as this:

Bitcoin magazine will be shipped to you through a wormhole going back in time! I mean, we don't have that technology yet, but we will at some point in the future, at which point we will ship the bitcoin magazine through it, making sure it arrives today to each of you! Also, it will be >9000 pages thick and will contain a complementary copy of The Youtube Collection for people who have bought or will buy a subscription. So all you need to do now is wait until we have wormhole technology, and then un-wait back to today!

Thank you. That will be all.

Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 12:07:04 PM

Let me be the first to say: Even if you do ship the mazine out today, you still fucked up and owe us all an apology and interest on all the money you held for all this time.

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 12:34:43 PM

I don't think he owes us anything if the magazine is as good as it should be. The expectations could not possibly be any higher, anything less than superb after this delay, would be a disappointment.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 12:44:23 PM

Let me be the first to say: Even if you do ship the mazine out today, you still fucked up and owe us all an apology and interest on all the money you held for all this time.

Hasn't he been telling you people to ask for refunds since forever ago? And since when does bitcoin earn interest? That's a fiat concoction.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 12:54:11 PM

Hasn't he been telling you people to ask for refunds since forever ago? And since when does bitcoin earn interest? That's a fiat concoction.

At bitcoinica you can get interest on your BTC deposits Wink Actually 6.21% per year is today's rate.

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 12:57:39 PM

At bitcoinica you can get interest on your BTC deposits Wink Actually 6.21% per year is today's rate.

That's not interest, it's stealing from stupid people.

...Ok, that's probably the same thing.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:07:43 PM

That's not interest, it's stealing from stupid people.

...Ok, that's probably the same thing.

Sorry, companies don't give interest to customers who purchase pre-orders of things. Everyone is welcome to a refund though if they don't want to purchase the magazine. I'll be back in a few hours with the announcement.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 01:26:40 PM

You can earn interest and dividends on your BTC in many ways.  

There is an entire sub forum for the lending of BTC for interest here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0
There is an entire sub forum for buying assets (including bonds) that pay dividends and/or interest here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=78.0  

Sure there may be some stupid people doing this but they are not all stupid.

And since when does bitcoin earn interest? That's a fiat concoction.

What the heck are you talking about?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:30:25 PM

I'm sure we're all waiting in breathless anticipation. Shall I alert the media? I mean the ones that publish magazines.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:32:52 PM

I'm sure we're all waiting in breathless anticipation. Shall I alert the media? I mean the ones that publish magazines.

http://www.instantrimshot.com

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 01:38:35 PM

http://www.instantrimshot.com

I've been served snared!
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:45:21 PM

Actually, there is no problem with bitcoins (or sound money) earning interest. Personally, I don't like interest, especially anything over say 1%, but from a purely monetary perspective a non-inflationary currency can support interest and still induce a sound economy.

People might ask: well, where does new money come from to pay the interest? The money to support the interest comes from within the existing system. This means as more interest bearing loans are created the economy does become deflationary as interest payments are made. In a true free market economy this slows the creation/availability of jobs. At this point new interest bearing loans should be lessened as well, since default risk rises. In other words, the job market should act as a cut off valve for such loans at the point which the economy can no longer sustain them, or banks risk default. The economic problem (and added moral hazard) with interest arises when banks don't accurately fear default, due to either creative financial mechanisms (like CDOs, or credit default swaps), or assurance of being rescued (by bailouts). A true free market allows lenders to go bankrupt when they run afoul of the actual tolerance of the free market.
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 01:51:44 PM

Actually, there is no problem with bitcoins (or sound money) earning interest. Personally, I don't like interest, especially anything over say 1%, but from a purely monetary perspective a non-inflationary currency can support interest and still induce a sound economy.

People might ask: well, where does new money come from to pay the interest? The money to support the interest comes from within the existing system. This means as more interest bearing loans are created the economy does become deflationary as interest payments are made. In a true free market economy this slows the creation/availability of jobs. At this point new interest bearing loans should be lessened as well, since default risk rises. In other words, the job market should act as a cut off valve for such loans at the point which the economy can no longer sustain them, or banks risk default. The economic problem (and additional moral hazard) with interest arises when banks don't accurately fear default, due to either creative financial mechanisms (like CDOs, or shaky credit default swaps), or assurance of being rescued (by bailouts). A true free market allows lenders to go bankrupt when they run afoul of the true tolerance of the free market.

No such thing.

Since money is an idea, you can create as much as you want from nothing, so it makes sense for interest to exist there. Bitcoin isn't just an idea, but a digital implementation of a finite resource, barring fundamental changes to the system, there won't be more than originally designed, so the idea of interest in such a system is incompatible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: