Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2019, 08:55:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1137357 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rodrick12

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 08:45:50 PM

I'm also starting to get no replies from the support. And my CLAMs are still in the limbo. I don't think any help can come if not from Poloniex itself, but they seem not to care much.

But maybe the experts here could provide some speculation on how it can happen that Poloniex got and provided us with a txid, but the transaction doesn't even appear on the explorer: That's a complete mystery to me!

I speculated earlier in this thread that the CLAM client's wallet could be corrupt in some way, so the client was occasionally generating transactions that appear to be good from Poloniex's side, but in reality are double spending. Such transactions will be immediately rejected by the network, and will never confirm.

After experiencing my own stuck withdrawal, I'm less inclined to think it's that, because the txid they provided at withdrawal time is the exact same transaction that made it to the network (eventually).

I wonder if it could be related to the problems that CLAM has with syncing from the network.

Frontend support is polite but effectively useless for more complicated issues. There doesn't seem to be any interest in discussing the problem, let alone fixing it. I reported a minor issue with the API and the reply basically just reiterated the problem without committing to a fix.

Thanks, that's informative. So at the root it might be an issue with the CLAM network, or, as one could infer from Poloniex reported answer on this Reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/poloniex/comments/ax03k0/clam_withdrawal/), a lack of miners??
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1053

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 09:03:31 PM

Thanks, that's informative. So at the root it might be an issue with the CLAM network, or, as one could infer from Poloniex reported answer on this Reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/poloniex/comments/ax03k0/clam_withdrawal/), a lack of miners??

No. "As soon as a miner picks up the transaction" seems like a generic response, and is false anyway, since the stuck transactions do not seem to appear on the network. (All CLAM clients, including block explorers, can see pending mempool transactions which have not yet been incorporated into a mined block). On top of that, since CLAM is a PoS only coin, anyone who has the client open with a balance can mine blocks, so there's certainly no issue with block generation.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1178

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 12:37:47 AM

Have them copy/paste the raw hex transaction into the form here:

https://just-dice.com/pushtx

Then it will confirm very quickly.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Rodrick12

Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 01:22:27 PM

Thanks for the advice! I'm not expert, but if we have the txid, couldn't we do that ourselves? I guess we would just need to convert the txid into hex (I'm not sure how/if it is possible, though...), right?
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1053

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 09:56:48 AM

From some quick hunting around, it seems that Bitcoin Core may accept but not broadcast a valid (signed) raw transaction until it is fully synced. I haven't been able to fully confirm this yet, but did observe this myself when trying to broadcast a Bitcoin transaction from two non-synced clients (nb both were synced well past the input transaction).

If this same behaviour is present in the CLAM client, this may explain why real txids are being shown to Poloniex customers, but the transactions don't immediately make it out to the network: the Poloniex CLAM client is not reliably syncing.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 417
Merit: 10

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 10:04:33 AM

To get clams, do I need to make PoC or PoWS in your wallet?
or anywhere else in the wallet? Please guide me.

seoincorporation
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1486

BtcBoss

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 07:39:05 PM
Merited by BayAreaCoins (1)

To get clams, do I need to make PoC or PoWS in your wallet?
or anywhere else in the wallet? Please guide me.

Clam is a PoS (proof of stake) coin, you can mine with your wallet and this process is known as staking. But the main rule to make staking is to hold some clams in your wallet, the number of the stacking clams you hold VS the number of staking clams in the network is like the hash rate you have in the network.

If you want to learn more about staking please read the next link: https://gist.github.com/abmohan/f7c3dfecbffb996e37dea052fac0fb9e

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 09:57:31 PM

Hello Clams Community.

I'm DavinciJ15 I´m developing Pandora´s Wallet and I am planning on adding Clams to our wallet and test out the send and receive.

Can you please contribute a small amount to get the testing running.
Clams Address: xLHq4nkg4x9acQn3vFJ1SaV7FqYYBsCmhV

Thanks for the help.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1042

FreeBitcoins.com Boss

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 12:28:31 AM

Hello Clams Community.

I'm DavinciJ15 I´m developing Pandora´s Wallet and I am planning on adding Clams to our wallet and test out the send and receive.

Can you please contribute a small amount to get the testing running.
Clams Address: xLHq4nkg4x9acQn3vFJ1SaV7FqYYBsCmhV

Thanks for the help.

http://khashier.com/tx/d4371d93826395dbcdb8971a8165d124b4363cf18b7cc68e25df12bd6291a6ae

From FreeBitcoins.com!

Good luck!

Broko82

Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:19:20 PM

Poloniex: "CLAM is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled as we work to find, test, and audit a solution. Thank you for your patience in the meantime."

Are they maybe finally working on a fix?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

FreeBitcoins.com Boss

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 06:54:46 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2019, 10:17:54 PM by BayAreaCoins

Poloniex: "CLAM is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled as we work to find, test, and audit a solution. Thank you for your patience in the meantime."

Wishful thinking.

However, Poloniex did cancel our failed withdraw... so we got the coins back in our balance to trade with and have access to.

Right now, the only place to buy and sell CLAMS is my Swap website.  We are still operational even with Poloniex down.  Just-dice also offers a free /escrow service for people trading OTC.

FreeBitcoins.com is VERY close to having our exchange for BTC/CLAM complete as well. *knocks on wood*

Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

www.patreon.com/blockmechanic

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2019, 03:27:53 AM

Wishful thinking.

However, Poloniex did cancel our failed withdraw... so we got the coins back in our balance to trade with and have access to.

Right now, the only place to buy and sell CLAMS is my Swap website.  We are still operational even with Poloniex down.  Just-dice also offers a free /escrow service for people trading OTC.

FreeBitcoins.com is VERY close to having our exchange for BTC/CLAM complete as well. *knocks on wood*

I am very behind in development but will be listing CLAM pairs as well. Wallet fell out of sync last night for some reason.

Wallet Status

Exchange

Dont mind the warning, the ssl certificate is just for development.

Once testing is complete , I'll open for trading.

Equality vs Equity...
lovewiki

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Share Love

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2019, 04:12:46 PM

Wishful thinking.

Look forward to seeing the exchange for BTC/CLAM from FreeBitcoins.com. Any ETA how soon it will be ready?

Register for FREE Bitcoin or Dogecoin!
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

FreeBitcoins.com Boss

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 10:06:14 PM

Look forward to seeing the exchange for BTC/CLAM from FreeBitcoins.com. Any ETA how soon it will be ready?

I'm praying by OCT, but our team thinks it will be sooner.

It'll be a fucking decent day and a load of stress off my plate.

Broko82

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 08:17:05 PM

Wishful thinking.

https://freebitcoins.com/swap/affiliates/img/Try-Free-Bitcoins-2_728x90.jpg

Is there any possibility to help them out? They are playing the waiting game, not caring much about deposit/withdrawal functionality. A delisting will be the logical outcome to this sooner or later :-(...
No_2

Activity: 857
Merit: 1006

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 08:14:36 PM

Does anyone have any more news on Poloniex's plans with reactivating or removing Clams?

Crytponomy: a blockchain and cryptocurrency consultancy
Twitter: @CryptonomyCo | Facebook | Telegram
gembitz

Activity: 1050
Merit: 356

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 10:12:32 PM

Does anyone have any more news on Poloniex's plans with reactivating or removing Clams?

https://freiexchange.com/market/CLAM/BTC

CLAMZZZ IS PUMPING TO THE MOONS OF JUPITER ^^^

Sad Sad Sad Cool Cool Cool Grin Grin Grin Kiss Kiss Kiss Shocked Shocked Shocked

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#makebitcointalkgreatagain-_-*my posts are strictly for entertainment purposes only. It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
tbct_mt2

Activity: 644
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 10:49:35 PM

What's wrong with CLAM on Poloniex? I did not know that Poloniex has plan to remove CLAM on their platform. They only announced they remove CLAM from margin trading list due to very low volume, besides others like Bitshares, MAID, etc. I checked the Poloniex website minutes ago, and did not see any new announcement about delist.
CLAM has lots of advantages: long history, reliability (not scam project), passive income by staking, etc.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

FreeBitcoins.com Boss

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 12:10:28 AM

I think I may have accidentally misinterpreted their troll box when I said I thought Poloniex was going to delist CLAM.  Sorry about that.  

I've never heard anything official about Poloniex delisting CLAM.

Broko82

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 12:43:54 PM

Clam block explorer is not working.
Pages: « 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.