|
DrkLvr_
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 06:53:53 PM |
|
This kind of BS reply can write only the digger himself or someone who uses the same tactics. What s the problem in selling slowly? He d make more money and the rest of the CLAM community would make more money. The only ones who would pay more are new CLAM entrants and event them would make money from staking a highly valueble coin.
Instead of that, let us see what we have now.
The digger has obviously lost money cause he dumped so many coins and crushed the price. His current stash of 350k coins s worth significantly less compared to what he could have received if he opted for slow selling. So the digger lost.
The rest of the community lost cause we purchased at higher price and sold at lower price to avoid being stuck with an asset with constantly decreasing price. Worst case scenario are people who have not been able to sell and they lost big time. So the community lost.
New entrants. Who? Where re those? Who the fuck is insane to get into CLAM now when the trend is clear, dumping, dumping, dumping. So who s gonna be smart enough to get into CLAM now? In conclusion, new entrants lost cause they never had the opportunity to become part of a nice project which CLAM was before the digger arrived.
So, Albert Einstein, who actually gained from this moronic digger tactics? Pls do explain it to me since I m so dumb. When you get to home more then 56 posts, maybe you ll understand crypto. It s all about community and join efforts. If the entire CLAM is about the digger, then this is what we get.
OK, but i still don't get what you're trying to accomplish. Yes you think the digger is stupid. So what now? Are you going to continue to repeat this indefinitely? Where are you staking your CLAMS?
|
|
|
|
|
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 06:57:53 PM |
|
Instead of bickering about the digger, I wish we would focus on the petition system and look forward to what is going to be done *or* options to be voted on / offered available.
My point is the digger happened, get over it. Can we move on?
|
|
|
|
|
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 07:41:30 PM |
|
Is there an API to retrieve the current active supply? This has become an issue for coinmarketcap. Please reply there: Looks like there is also a problem with the active supply of CLAMs I wonder how often they update the active supply. They show 1,079K and there is currently 1,460K. Digger just finished digging in the last few days. So they are off ~400K. Which is quite a bit with such a low starting point.
Where do you get 1460K number? The explorer used to have the number of claimed clams, but now I can't find it. getinfo shows "moneysupply" : 15418603.13048927, "digsupply" : 818675.02325388, "stakesupply" : 644201.72641731, "activesupply" : 1462876.74967119,
|
|
|
|
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1203
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 07:44:08 PM |
|
Is there an API to retrieve the current active supply? This has become an issue for coinmarketcap. Please reply there: Looks like there is also a problem with the active supply of CLAMs I wonder how often they update the active supply. They show 1,079K and there is currently 1,460K. Digger just finished digging in the last few days. So they are off ~400K. Which is quite a bit with such a low starting point.
Where do you get 1460K number? The explorer used to have the number of claimed clams, but now I can't find it. getinfo shows "moneysupply" : 15418603.13048927, "digsupply" : 818675.02325388, "stakesupply" : 644201.72641731, "activesupply" : 1462876.74967119, I gave that answer on the coinmarketcap thread. But he doesn't run wallets, he needs to get the info from an web API.
|
|
|
|
|
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 07:52:34 PM |
|
Is there an API to retrieve the current active supply? This has become an issue for coinmarketcap. Please reply there: Looks like there is also a problem with the active supply of CLAMs I wonder how often they update the active supply. They show 1,079K and there is currently 1,460K. Digger just finished digging in the last few days. So they are off ~400K. Which is quite a bit with such a low starting point.
Where do you get 1460K number? The explorer used to have the number of claimed clams, but now I can't find it. getinfo shows "moneysupply" : 15418603.13048927, "digsupply" : 818675.02325388, "stakesupply" : 644201.72641731, "activesupply" : 1462876.74967119, I gave that answer on the coinmarketcap thread. But he doesn't run wallets, he needs to get the info from an web API. Ah, I don't know of any, but presstab runs an explorer for clams. http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/CLAM/index.php He might have something already in place there.
|
|
|
|
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 09:39:46 PM |
|
Oh wow. Interesting. Did he provide proof? Where's the wallet coming from and why did he chose to crash the price the way he did instead playing the game calmly and earning more that way?
Guess the recent talk of stopping the digging ability of clams was the next bad result coming from that wooden hammer method he used.
I did not choose to crash the price. The unfortunate revealing of my large potential dig caused the price to crash, because everyone sold fearing that I will crash the price. That's how market works. It will find the true price based on available information. So you say it wasn't you who sold but the fear of other clam owners? I thought they checked things and found that the digged coins were sold. Though i did not observe it closely. If you are right then i imagine it is no fun watching the price for you. Especially the current discussion about stop of claiming. I think it would have been way wiser to come clear in the beginning, you could have brought confidence to the market and stop the price drop when you would have claimed that you won't sell or that, when you want to sell, you will make a public auction.
|
Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
|
|
|
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1115
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 09:51:12 PM |
|
Oh wow. Interesting. Did he provide proof? Where's the wallet coming from and why did he chose to crash the price the way he did instead playing the game calmly and earning more that way?
Guess the recent talk of stopping the digging ability of clams was the next bad result coming from that wooden hammer method he used.
I did not choose to crash the price. The unfortunate revealing of my large potential dig caused the price to crash, because everyone sold fearing that I will crash the price. That's how market works. It will find the true price based on available information. So you say it wasn't you who sold but the fear of other clam owners? I thought they checked things and found that the digged coins were sold. Though i did not observe it closely. If you are right then i imagine it is no fun watching the price for you. Especially the current discussion about stop of claiming. I think it would have been way wiser to come clear in the beginning, you could have brought confidence to the market and stop the price drop when you would have claimed that you won't sell or that, when you want to sell, you will make a public auction. Do you think that if he had announced before he sold a single CLAM that he had 500k CLAMs to dig but would be selling slowly that the price would not have dropped dramatically? I think that whether he announced or whether he was found out, the price drop was inevitable and unavoidable. Thinking that selling slowly wouldn't have crushed the price once we all knew how many extra CLAMs were being dug is not a view that makes a whole lot of sense to me.
|
|
|
|
|
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1203
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 10:08:03 PM |
|
Oh wow. Interesting. Did he provide proof? Where's the wallet coming from and why did he chose to crash the price the way he did instead playing the game calmly and earning more that way?
Guess the recent talk of stopping the digging ability of clams was the next bad result coming from that wooden hammer method he used.
I did not choose to crash the price. The unfortunate revealing of my large potential dig caused the price to crash, because everyone sold fearing that I will crash the price. That's how market works. It will find the true price based on available information. So you say it wasn't you who sold but the fear of other clam owners? I thought they checked things and found that the digged coins were sold. Though i did not observe it closely. If you are right then i imagine it is no fun watching the price for you. Especially the current discussion about stop of claiming. I think it would have been way wiser to come clear in the beginning, you could have brought confidence to the market and stop the price drop when you would have claimed that you won't sell or that, when you want to sell, you will make a public auction. Do you think that if he had announced before he sold a single CLAM that he had 500k CLAMs to dig but would be selling slowly that the price would not have dropped dramatically? I think that whether he announced or whether he was found out, the price drop was inevitable and unavoidable. Thinking that selling slowly wouldn't have crushed the price once we all knew how many extra CLAMs were being dug is not a view that makes a whole lot of sense to me. Were it not for the fact that the CLAMs were dug in a particular order (probably a mistake by the digger), it never would have been clear how many there were to dig by one person. He could have simply dug slowly and essentially invisibly for a long time. Whether that would have netted a larger payoff or not is not clear to anyone, but that doesn't stop people from having opinions on it.
|
|
|
|
|
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 10:13:34 PM |
|
Oh wow. Interesting. Did he provide proof? Where's the wallet coming from and why did he chose to crash the price the way he did instead playing the game calmly and earning more that way?
Guess the recent talk of stopping the digging ability of clams was the next bad result coming from that wooden hammer method he used.
I did not choose to crash the price. The unfortunate revealing of my large potential dig caused the price to crash, because everyone sold fearing that I will crash the price. That's how market works. It will find the true price based on available information. So you say it wasn't you who sold but the fear of other clam owners? I thought they checked things and found that the digged coins were sold. Though i did not observe it closely. If you are right then i imagine it is no fun watching the price for you. Especially the current discussion about stop of claiming. I think it would have been way wiser to come clear in the beginning, you could have brought confidence to the market and stop the price drop when you would have claimed that you won't sell or that, when you want to sell, you will make a public auction. Do you think that if he had announced before he sold a single CLAM that he had 500k CLAMs to dig but would be selling slowly that the price would not have dropped dramatically? I think that whether he announced or whether he was found out, the price drop was inevitable and unavoidable. Thinking that selling slowly wouldn't have crushed the price once we all knew how many extra CLAMs were being dug is not a view that makes a whole lot of sense to me. No, he sounded like he did not make the price crash by selling. So if he did not want to crash i would have posted in this thread that iam to dig a certain amount of clams and that i will invest them in jd or so. And i would ensure that i would do a public auction when i would want to sell clams. Because i would have no interest in crashing the price and devalueing my asset. That would clammers set at peace and the biggest price drops would not have happened.
|
Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
|
|
|
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 10:26:21 PM |
|
- snip -
Were it not for the fact that the CLAMs were dug in a particular order (probably a mistake by the digger), it never would have been clear how many there were to dig by one person. He could have simply dug slowly and essentially invisibly for a long time. Whether that would have netted a larger payoff or not is not clear to anyone, but that doesn't stop people from having opinions on it.
I own CLAM. I am sitting on a paper loss. I am not the whale digger. I've been following the discussion. What i dont really get is why such an issue because it's "one person". Why does 500k being dug/owned buy one person differ from 100k people digging/owning 5 each? We all knew what the possible total available of supply of clams were. As luck would have it, one guy hit the lottery (assuming of course that there wasn't any pre-seeding).
|
|
|
|
|
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
|
 |
November 27, 2015, 11:23:03 PM |
|
Oh wow. Interesting. Did he provide proof? Where's the wallet coming from and why did he chose to crash the price the way he did instead playing the game calmly and earning more that way?
Guess the recent talk of stopping the digging ability of clams was the next bad result coming from that wooden hammer method he used.
I did not choose to crash the price. The unfortunate revealing of my large potential dig caused the price to crash, because everyone sold fearing that I will crash the price. That's how market works. It will find the true price based on available information. So you say it wasn't you who sold but the fear of other clam owners? I thought they checked things and found that the digged coins were sold. Though i did not observe it closely. If you are right then i imagine it is no fun watching the price for you. Especially the current discussion about stop of claiming. I think it would have been way wiser to come clear in the beginning, you could have brought confidence to the market and stop the price drop when you would have claimed that you won't sell or that, when you want to sell, you will make a public auction. Do you think that if he had announced before he sold a single CLAM that he had 500k CLAMs to dig but would be selling slowly that the price would not have dropped dramatically? I think that whether he announced or whether he was found out, the price drop was inevitable and unavoidable. Thinking that selling slowly wouldn't have crushed the price once we all knew how many extra CLAMs were being dug is not a view that makes a whole lot of sense to me. No, he sounded like he did not make the price crash by selling. So if he did not want to crash i would have posted in this thread that iam to dig a certain amount of clams and that i will invest them in jd or so. And i would ensure that i would do a public auction when i would want to sell clams. Because i would have no interest in crashing the price and devalueing my asset. That would clammers set at peace and the biggest price drops would not have happened. Depends on what your definition of 'crash' is. I may have it wrong, but i was actively trading clam on Poloniex at the time. There came wave after wave of selling. The price was on its way down because of the selling pressure. Doog subsequent to that picked up on the digging and detailed his analysis. The selling pressure coupled with the 'outing' of there being a whale digger, is what imo crashed the price. There would not have been a crash but for the initial selling.
|
|
|
|
|
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 12:04:31 AM |
|
Is there an API to retrieve the current active supply? This has become an issue for coinmarketcap. Please reply there:
I replied: Where do you get 1460K number? The explorer used to have the number of claimed clams, but now I can't find it.
You can use this: https://just-dice.com/api/supply{"moneysupply":1541886313048927,"digsupply":81867962870962,"stakesupply":64446172641730,"activesupply":146314135512693} You probably want activesupply/1e8.
|
| Just-Dice | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | Play or Invest | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | 1% House Edge |
|
|
|
shawn2025
Jr. Member

Activity: 47
Merit: 1
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 12:44:27 AM |
|
Is there an API to retrieve the current active supply? This has become an issue for coinmarketcap. Please reply there:
I replied: Where do you get 1460K number? The explorer used to have the number of claimed clams, but now I can't find it.
You can use this: https://just-dice.com/api/supply{"moneysupply":1541886313048927,"digsupply":81867962870962,"stakesupply":64446172641730,"activesupply":146314135512693} You probably want activesupply/1e8. Listen, I believe in this product. Every time it halvs, I double or tripple down. I hate this bickering, it's like the old Dogecoin days. I won't tell you how much I hold, but I will tell you I will buy more if you fuckers halv it again. I'm down for the long run. I only keep taps for updates and your damn drama... you have a solid product if you don't allow the votes or polls to fuck it up. I look to CLAMS as a long term investment. The others IMHO fuck a good thing up. Don't change a thing. Let the diggers dig. Just stay solid for fucks sake. If you don't like it, buy something else. Respectfully. /s/
|
|
|
|
|
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1203
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 01:11:44 AM Last edit: November 28, 2015, 01:54:32 AM by smooth |
|
Oh wow. Interesting. Did he provide proof? Where's the wallet coming from and why did he chose to crash the price the way he did instead playing the game calmly and earning more that way?
Guess the recent talk of stopping the digging ability of clams was the next bad result coming from that wooden hammer method he used.
I did not choose to crash the price. The unfortunate revealing of my large potential dig caused the price to crash, because everyone sold fearing that I will crash the price. That's how market works. It will find the true price based on available information. So you say it wasn't you who sold but the fear of other clam owners? I thought they checked things and found that the digged coins were sold. Though i did not observe it closely. If you are right then i imagine it is no fun watching the price for you. Especially the current discussion about stop of claiming. I think it would have been way wiser to come clear in the beginning, you could have brought confidence to the market and stop the price drop when you would have claimed that you won't sell or that, when you want to sell, you will make a public auction. Do you think that if he had announced before he sold a single CLAM that he had 500k CLAMs to dig but would be selling slowly that the price would not have dropped dramatically? I think that whether he announced or whether he was found out, the price drop was inevitable and unavoidable. Thinking that selling slowly wouldn't have crushed the price once we all knew how many extra CLAMs were being dug is not a view that makes a whole lot of sense to me. No, he sounded like he did not make the price crash by selling. So if he did not want to crash i would have posted in this thread that iam to dig a certain amount of clams and that i will invest them in jd or so. And i would ensure that i would do a public auction when i would want to sell clams. Because i would have no interest in crashing the price and devalueing my asset. That would clammers set at peace and the biggest price drops would not have happened. Depends on what your definition of 'crash' is. I may have it wrong, but i was actively trading clam on Poloniex at the time. There came wave after wave of selling. The price was on its way down because of the selling pressure. Doog subsequent to that picked up on the digging and detailed his analysis. The selling pressure coupled with the 'outing' of there being a whale digger, is what imo crashed the price. There would not have been a crash but for the initial selling. What the digger said was: Yes, it is true that I am digging and selling my CLAMs for BTC. Though I am not dumping hard. I usually just put asks above the market price. I rarely ever do a market sell order. So although I am adding sell pressure to the price by adding asks to the orderbook, I am not "dumping" technically.
So if you saw "waves of selling" either: A. Digger isn't telling the truth about not dumping B. Digger is telling the truth and the dumper was: 1. Unrelated 2. Someone else who figured out the same thing dooglas figured out before he posted it 3. Someone dooglas told about his findings before posting them 4. Dooglas 5. Someone spooked by the increase in above market sell orders.
|
|
|
|
|
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 01:31:35 AM |
|
Oh wow. Interesting. Did he provide proof? Where's the wallet coming from and why did he chose to crash the price the way he did instead playing the game calmly and earning more that way?
Guess the recent talk of stopping the digging ability of clams was the next bad result coming from that wooden hammer method he used.
I did not choose to crash the price. The unfortunate revealing of my large potential dig caused the price to crash, because everyone sold fearing that I will crash the price. That's how market works. It will find the true price based on available information. So you say it wasn't you who sold but the fear of other clam owners? I thought they checked things and found that the digged coins were sold. Though i did not observe it closely. If you are right then i imagine it is no fun watching the price for you. Especially the current discussion about stop of claiming. I think it would have been way wiser to come clear in the beginning, you could have brought confidence to the market and stop the price drop when you would have claimed that you won't sell or that, when you want to sell, you will make a public auction. Do you think that if he had announced before he sold a single CLAM that he had 500k CLAMs to dig but would be selling slowly that the price would not have dropped dramatically? I think that whether he announced or whether he was found out, the price drop was inevitable and unavoidable. Thinking that selling slowly wouldn't have crushed the price once we all knew how many extra CLAMs were being dug is not a view that makes a whole lot of sense to me. No, he sounded like he did not make the price crash by selling. So if he did not want to crash i would have posted in this thread that iam to dig a certain amount of clams and that i will invest them in jd or so. And i would ensure that i would do a public auction when i would want to sell clams. Because i would have no interest in crashing the price and devalueing my asset. That would clammers set at peace and the biggest price drops would not have happened. Depends on what your definition of 'crash' is. I may have it wrong, but i was actively trading clam on Poloniex at the time. There came wave after wave of selling. The price was on its way down because of the selling pressure. Doog subsequent to that picked up on the digging and detailed his analysis. The selling pressure coupled with the 'outing' of there being a whale digger, is what imo crashed the price. There would not have been a crash but for the initial selling. What the digger said was: Yes, it is true that I am digging and selling my CLAMs for BTC. Though I am not dumping hard. I usually just put asks above the market price. I rarely ever do a market sell order. So although I am adding sell pressure to the price by adding asks to the orderbook, I am not "dumping" technically.
So if you saw "waves of selling" either: A. Digger isn't telling the truth about not dumping B. Digger is telling the truth and the dumper was: 1. Unrelated 2. Someone else who figured out the same thing dooglas figured out before he posted it 3. Someone doggias told about his findings before posting them 4. Dooglas 5. Someone spooked by the increase in above market sell orders. 6. BayAreaCoins 7. KeyserSozeMC 
|
|
|
|
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 04:50:37 AM |
|
What the digger said was: Yes, it is true that I am digging and selling my CLAMs for BTC. Though I am not dumping hard. I usually just put asks above the market price. I rarely ever do a market sell order. So although I am adding sell pressure to the price by adding asks to the orderbook, I am not "dumping" technically.
So if you saw "waves of selling" either: A. Digger isn't telling the truth about not dumping B. Digger is telling the truth and the dumper was: 1. Unrelated 2. Someone else who figured out the same thing dooglas figured out before he posted it 3. Someone dooglas told about his findings before posting them 4. Dooglas 5. Someone spooked by the increase in above market sell orders. Even if the digger never did anything other than selling into existing buy orders, the price would still drop. Selling into buy orders removes buy orders from the market without removing sell orders, leaving an imbalance. The price will adjust downwards as new sellers find less attractive buy orders remaining. I did sell some CLAMs immediately before making my first post and didn't tell anyone else about it. I think it was around 5000 CLAMs that I sold. The price had already fallen from ~0.012 to ~0.0075 before I sold anything as I remember it, so it wasn't 3 or 4 in your list that started the price collapse.
|
| Just-Dice | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | Play or Invest | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | 1% House Edge |
|
|
|
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1203
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 04:54:56 AM |
|
What the digger said was: Yes, it is true that I am digging and selling my CLAMs for BTC. Though I am not dumping hard. I usually just put asks above the market price. I rarely ever do a market sell order. So although I am adding sell pressure to the price by adding asks to the orderbook, I am not "dumping" technically.
So if you saw "waves of selling" either: A. Digger isn't telling the truth about not dumping B. Digger is telling the truth and the dumper was: 1. Unrelated 2. Someone else who figured out the same thing dooglas figured out before he posted it 3. Someone dooglas told about his findings before posting them 4. Dooglas 5. Someone spooked by the increase in above market sell orders. Even if the digger never did anything other than selling into existing buy orders, the price would still drop. Selling into buy orders removes buy orders from the market without removing sell orders, leaving an imbalance. The price will adjust downwards as new sellers find less attractive buy orders remaining. He claimed not to sell into existing buy orders. I did sell some CLAMs immediately before making my first post and didn't tell anyone else about it. I think it was around 5000 CLAMs that I sold. The price had already fallen from ~0.012 to ~0.0075 before I sold anything as I remember it, so it wasn't 3 or 4 in your list that started the price collapse.
That could have been one of the "waves" of selling being reported though. If I recall correctly, at the time most alts were being battered (as they are now) by an inverse correlation with the BTC price rise. So the original (much smaller) drop could possibly have had nothing to do with the digger at all (#1 above), but then one thing led to another. Coincidences do happen.
|
|
|
|
|
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1335
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 05:31:21 AM |
|
He claimed not to sell into existing buy orders.
Yeah, I got that exactly backwards, sorry. Either way, he's adding to the sell pressure which will tend to push the price down. I did sell some CLAMs immediately before making my first post and didn't tell anyone else about it. I think it was around 5000 CLAMs that I sold. The price had already fallen from ~0.012 to ~0.0075 before I sold anything as I remember it, so it wasn't 3 or 4 in your list that started the price collapse.
That could have been one of the "waves" of selling being reported though. If I recall correctly, at the time most alts were being battered (as they are now) by an inverse correlation with the BTC price rise. So the original (much smaller) drop could possibly have had nothing to do with the digger at all (#1 above), but then one thing led to another. Coincidences do happen. Yeah, I don't know. I've had one person accuse me of using "inside information", and that it was unfair that I sold some CLAMs before publishing my findings. I'd counter that the information I found was on the public blockchain, and so wasn't "inside information" at all.
|
| Just-Dice | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | Play or Invest | ██ ██████████ ██████████████████ ██████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████ ██████████████ ██████ | 1% House Edge |
|
|
|
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 05:41:01 AM |
|
What the digger said was: Yes, it is true that I am digging and selling my CLAMs for BTC. Though I am not dumping hard. I usually just put asks above the market price. I rarely ever do a market sell order. So although I am adding sell pressure to the price by adding asks to the orderbook, I am not "dumping" technically.
So if you saw "waves of selling" either: A. Digger isn't telling the truth about not dumping B. Digger is telling the truth and the dumper was: 1. Unrelated 2. Someone else who figured out the same thing dooglas figured out before he posted it 3. Someone dooglas told about his findings before posting them 4. Dooglas 5. Someone spooked by the increase in above market sell orders. Even if the digger never did anything other than selling into existing buy orders, the price would still drop. Selling into buy orders removes buy orders from the market without removing sell orders, leaving an imbalance. The price will adjust downwards as new sellers find less attractive buy orders remaining.I did sell some CLAMs immediately before making my first post and didn't tell anyone else about it. I think it was around 5000 CLAMs that I sold. The price had already fallen from ~0.012 to ~0.0075 before I sold anything as I remember it, so it wasn't 3 or 4 in your list that started the price collapse. This imo is what was happening. I know what the digger has said. But initially his sizeable sells were causing the price to drop. Definitely caused an imbalance. I think it was only after he got a decent fill of btc and the price dropped significantly did he ease up. He may not have intended to cause what he did, but he did initiate the downward spiral. I still believe in CLAM and i do use it on JD. In my mind i just pretend the whale digger hit it big on JD. He cashes out some, the price drops some, then we move on and CLAM survives and thrives. It's way oversold and more valuable than current price suggests. Just my own thoughts. (Disclaimer: i own xxxx CLAM) People are welcome to have their own. 
|
|
|
|
|
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1203
|
 |
November 28, 2015, 05:44:39 AM |
|
He claimed not to sell into existing buy orders.
Yeah, I got that exactly backwards, sorry. Either way, he's adding to the sell pressure which will tend to push the price down. I did sell some CLAMs immediately before making my first post and didn't tell anyone else about it. I think it was around 5000 CLAMs that I sold. The price had already fallen from ~0.012 to ~0.0075 before I sold anything as I remember it, so it wasn't 3 or 4 in your list that started the price collapse.
That could have been one of the "waves" of selling being reported though. If I recall correctly, at the time most alts were being battered (as they are now) by an inverse correlation with the BTC price rise. So the original (much smaller) drop could possibly have had nothing to do with the digger at all (#1 above), but then one thing led to another. Coincidences do happen. Yeah, I don't know. I've had one person accuse me of using "inside information", and that it was unfair that I sold some CLAMs before publishing my findings. I'd counter that the information I found was on the public blockchain, and so wasn't "inside information" at all. And for the same reason it isn't implausible that someone else (not you and not the digger) figured out the same thing and started the selling. It is very hard to know what really happened.
|
|
|
|
|
|