Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150753 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 03:53:11 AM

qwed,  Try the wallet again.

Feel free to post in our thread as well if you'd like.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1680953.0

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qwed
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:27:35 AM

I believe that 10 wallet dig would be this one:  https://freebitcoins.com/clamchecker/wallets/id/35/

The system dug 10 addresses and it was paid together with dig number 33, which had 4 wallets.

I'm checking on the error right now.
t was a fictional example. In that link https://freebitcoins.com/clamchecker/wallets/id/35/ i have more than 100 address. From this  wallet dig found 10 addresses  and I found 14 more.
 I tried the wallet again and there is the same error (
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 10:12:13 AM

I believe that 10 wallet dig would be this one:  https://freebitcoins.com/clamchecker/wallets/id/35/

The system dug 10 addresses and it was paid together with dig number 33, which had 4 wallets.

I'm checking on the error right now.
t was a fictional example. In that link https://freebitcoins.com/clamchecker/wallets/id/35/ i have more than 100 address. From this  wallet dig found 10 addresses  and I found 14 more.
 I tried the wallet again and there is the same error (

Hmmm so you think your wallet dig #35 still had over 90 addresses that need to be dug?

You manually dug 14 more addresses from that wallet that you dropped the .dat into the site?

Ya that's a bit odd... would you mind emailing both of the .dat to kef@freebitcoins.com.  (The .dat that won't upload and the .dat with the 90 more digable addresses.)

This will seriously help us chase down the problems and see what the digger is having issues with <3.

Our drop and dig step up should harvest ever CLAM from every address and change address on it.  Even if you have 100,000 addresses... it should grab everything.  

We need to look a little deeper into what is going on when you use our site, so that email with those two .dat's would be great.  Be sure you remove all your coins prior to sending that type of stuff & be sure you never use those wallets again (but save them just in case!)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:14:19 PM

Hi,
What happens when you stake with the same wallet on two different computers?
I am currently investigating possibility to have geographically separated computers to have backed up mining in case of blackouts/Internet connection issues.
Could it cause some issues?

I tried this a few times but it didn't work well. I think the two wallets would always stake at the same time, but in different ways, resulting in each one trying to orphan the other one's new block.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:15:29 PM

i imported my wallet from bitcoin to clam and i received 18 clam, but i had only one transaction in the 12 of may in 2014, why 4 claimin? does the hidden addresses count too?

It doesn't matter when your transaction was.

All that matters is how many addresses you have which had a non-dust balance when the snapshot happened. So long as an address had a balance on that date it received 4.6 CLAMs.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:19:30 PM

I think this coin would be more decentralized, if Proof-of-Working-Stake has a limit 1000 or maximum 10000 Clams,

What do you mean by that? 1000 CLAMs per address? Wouldn't people just split their coins into multiple addresses? I don't see how you are going to be able to limit the amount of CLAMs any person can stake when you have no way of knowing which addresses are owned by which people.

because Just-Dice have almost all coins and it is centralized.

Just-Dice has less than 50% of the CLAMs that have been dug up, and way less than 50% of all the CLAMs.

There is no incentive for users to stake, if exists so big PoSW miner.

The incentive is that you earn CLAMs for staking. Just-Dice takes a 10% commission on staking in order to make using Just-Dice less attractive than solo-staking.

It shouldn't affect your incentive whether a single entity is staking 1 million CLAMs or if 1000 entities are staking 1000 CLAMs each. Your wallet will be the same percentage of the total in either case.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 04:23:46 PM

because Just-Dice have almost all coins and it is centralized.

Just-Dice has less than 50% of the CLAMs that have been dug up, and way less than 50% of all the CLAMs.

It's a fucking shame that the other half of the CLAM holders/services are to stupid to stake their coins... Fucking bastards.  Roll Eyes

antaresus

Activity: 117
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:58:44 PM

What do you mean by that? 1000 CLAMs per address? Wouldn't people just split their coins into multiple addresses? I don't see how you are going to be able to limit the amount of CLAMs any person can stake when you have no way of knowing which addresses are owned by which people.

One node only must choose one biggest address for staking.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:28:53 AM

If you limit staking to one address per node and 10k CLAMs per address then large holders would simply set up multiple nodes.

I don't see how your scheme is either workable or desirable.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
antaresus

Activity: 117
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:51:15 AM

If you limit staking to one address per node and 10k CLAMs per address then large holders would simply set up multiple nodes.

That is better for the network. The more nodes there are, the more secure the network is.
kedyoon

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:49:12 PM

So how to prevent people from cheating?
Tarz

Activity: 237
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:40:58 PM

That is better for the network. The more nodes there are, the more secure the network is.

A possible solution to limiting the amount of nodes one person can run is to blacklist or ban nodes with digitalocean and amazon aws IPs. These two services are among the cheapest VPN providers and the chances are that people will use them for setting up extra nodes. Or you can lift the CLAM price and that will make running a node unaffordable for many clamers.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 03:37:44 PM

A possible solution to limiting the amount of nodes one person can run is to blacklist or ban nodes with digitalocean and amazon aws IPs. These two services are among the cheapest VPN providers and the chances are that people will use them for setting up extra nodes. Or you can lift the CLAM price and that will make running a node unaffordable for many clamers.

While it is 'possible' to blacklist specific nodes, this type of 'solution' is not only fragile, but violates a core principle of the project.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:05:46 PM

What Wallet Import Format (WIF) does CLAM use? I'm trying to import private keys generated by pycoin - in Bitcoin WIF format - but they don't seem to be recognised.

A rescan finds keys that were imported via importwallet (entire wallet), but ignores keys imported via importprivkey (single key, Bitcoin WIF, no error reported.)
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 08:08:10 PM

Joined the CLAM train today through BTCPop... I look forward to working with the community a little more Smiley

Kefkius

Activity: 64
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:35:13 PM

What Wallet Import Format (WIF) does CLAM use? I'm trying to import private keys generated by pycoin - in Bitcoin WIF format - but they don't seem to be recognised.

A rescan finds keys that were imported via importwallet (entire wallet), but ignores keys imported via importprivkey (single key, Bitcoin WIF, no error reported.)

WIF prefix is 133 instead of Bitcoin's 128. I have this change for pycoin:

Code:
diff --git a/pycoin/networks/legacy_networks.py b/pycoin/networks/legacy_networks.py
index 98132a9..1770689 100644
--- a/pycoin/networks/legacy_networks.py
+++ b/pycoin/networks/legacy_networks.py
@@ -81,5 +81,7 @@ NETWORKS = (

# DCR Decred testnet : tprv/tpub
     NetworkValues("Decred", "testnet", "DCRT", b'\x23\x0E', b'\x0F\x21', b'\x0E\x6C', h2b('04358397'), h2b('043587D1')),
+
+    NetworkValues("Clams", "mainnet", "CLAM",  b'\x85', b'\x89', b'\x0d', h2b("0488ADE4"), h2b("0488B21E")),

)

Then do
Code:
$ ku <Bitcoin WIF> --override-network CLAM
to output the CLAM WIF given a BTC WIF.

Developer of FreeBitcoins.com Clamcoin faucet.
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:49:03 PM

WIF prefix is 133 instead of Bitcoin's 128. I have this change for pycoin:

Thanks. I have added another coin to pycoin before, but in this instance I was scratching my head trying to figure out the BTC/LTC/DOGE defines in the CLAM source. Much appreciated!
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:49:06 AM

Hmm, still having problems with importing a raw key into the wallet, via WIF.

One thing I've noticed is that CLAM (and probably most coins that share its codebase) doesn't seem to complain if the key you import doesn't have the correct prefix. Slightly convoluted example:

1. Export bitcoin private key to raw format:

> bitcoin-cli getnewaddress
1DNMvoz7q3QMEnUWwctqXNSWBcnf7JJC1J

> bitcoin-cli dumpprivkey 1DNMvoz7q3QMEnUWwctqXNSWBcnf7JJC1J
KxnTzDFWtCGwZZVosS8RMZpsbDZ1GChqhK5tHrNkTZgihZXYymin

> ku KxnTzDFWtCGwZZVosS8RMZpsbDZ1GChqhK5tHrNkTZgihZXYymin
 hex                         : 2eb01b9cdbc459b141d9a31e618cab20f938d95be3544bf038eeb3e50083acf9  <- private key in hex

2. Convert raw format to WIF and import:

> ku -n CLAM 2eb01b9cdbc459b141d9a31e618cab20f938d95be3544bf038eeb3e50083acf9
wif                        : Lhgcr241kxrdS9Zedp6tLSJJqPZGSJ4UWXCY687DuxTH7DZj8Rf7
> clamd -importprivkey Lhgcr241kxrdS9Zedp6tLSJJqPZGSJ4UWXCY687DuxTH7DZj8Rf7 "" false  <- this is the key in CLAM WIF format

> ku -n BTC 2eb01b9cdbc459b141d9a31e618cab20f938d95be3544bf038eeb3e50083acf9
wif                          : KxnTzDFWtCGwZZVosS8RMZpsbDZ1GChqhK5tHrNkTZgihZXYymin
> clamd -importprivkey KxnTzDFWtCGwZZVosS8RMZpsbDZ1GChqhK5tHrNkTZgihZXYymin "" false  <- this is the same key in BTC WIF format - no error reported!

I already have the keys in raw hex format (I'm extracting them from files/raw disks by looking for appropriate header bytes) so what I want to do is part 2, but for some reason CLAM doesn't seem to be picking up the keys/addresses on a rescan.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:37:53 AM

Hey guys, glad to see CLAM s doing well. Anything new and interesting causing this price pump?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:36:20 AM

Hey guys, glad to see CLAM s doing well. Anything new and interesting causing this price pump?

CLAM segwit? Wink lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: