Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:14:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:13:48 PM

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but will the mobile wallet need to download the whole blockchain?

Yup.
As I said before but didn't get an answer to, isn't it possible to make a Multibit for XCurrency?

yeah other coins have done so

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:14:40 PM

what is a multibit?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 07:17:41 PM

what is a multibit?
https://multibit.org

It doesn't need to sync the whole blockchain.
cryptico

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:29:37 PM

what is a multibit?
https://multibit.org

It doesn't need to sync the whole blockchain.

XC app will need to download the blockchain for the mesh net correct?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
akula999

Activity: 509

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:38:46 PM

Hey Everyone!

I have sad news. I was scammed. And being naive and not knowing enough played a role at this. Also greed was in this.
There is a user named BobbyL and he also goes by Michail1. He was looking to buy a large quantity of XC. We talked and he agreed to buy everything I had because he was offering me 3.5BTC for 1500 XC. 1500XC was my total amount I had been saving since June. I've been buying a few here and there every week (especially when it was cheap back in June).

He setup a wallet on blockchain.info with a username and password with 3.5 BTC in it. When I logged into the wallet to check, I saw the BTC. I didn't get the private key to transfer funds out. He told me to send him the XC and I will get the private key. Well, I sent the XC, but he never sent anything and changed the password very quickly. This person wont return my emails. His email is passat.ltc@gmail.com - He goes by Michail Hoffman.

I lost my life savings. 4 months of saving XC and it's all gone due to greed for some quick turn around cash. I feel bad. If anyone knows how to get my XC back, please help.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
cryptico

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:44:51 PM

Hey Everyone!

I have sad news. I was scammed. And being naive and not knowing enough played a role at this. Also greed was in this.
There is a user named BobbyL and he also goes by Michail1. He was looking to buy a large quantity of XC. We talked and he agreed to buy everything I had because he was offering me 3.5BTC for 1500 XC. 1500XC was my total amount I had been saving since June. I've been buying a few here and there every week (especially when it was cheap back in June).

He setup a wallet on blockchain.info with a username and password with 3.5 BTC in it. When I logged into the wallet to check, I saw the BTC. I didn't get the private key to transfer funds out. He told me to send him the XC and I will get the private key. Well, I sent the XC, but he never sent anything and changed the password very quickly. This person wont return my emails. His email is passat.ltc@gmail.com - He goes by Michail Hoffman.

I lost my life savings. 4 months of saving XC and it's all gone due to greed for some quick turn around cash. I feel bad. If anyone knows how to get my XC back, please help.

Maybe someone in here can hack them back from him. there should be big nerdy type of guys in here hope someone will pm you if it is possible...anyway wtf dude...why sell yuor xc right now I have even sent you 50 xc as donation as you were struggling with your family prob and everything..

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 07:46:05 PM

Hey Everyone!

Why did you do an off-exchange exchange? You could have seen this coming.

I hope you get your XC back, I can't help you with it though, sorry.
cryptico

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

Hello, someone can tell me where I can download the sources for compile the daemon in Linux ?

Thank you

http://xc-official.com/xc-downloads/

This not the last release though

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:56:04 PM

Hey Everyone!

Woah. Sorry, brosef. I'm not savvy enough to help you get your coins back. I hope someone reading this is though.

Anytime someone is willing to offer almost 2x the current market value off exchange, well, you might consider the possibility it might be a scammer.

Best of luck to you, sir.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 07:57:13 PM

Hey Everyone!

Argh. That's awful. So sorry to hear that.

What a bastard.

Next time use an escrow service you trust (localbitcoins.com?) or make the other party take the risk.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
akula999

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:57:45 PM

Hey Everyone!

Maybe someone in here can hack them back from him. there should be big nerdy type of guys in here hope someone will pm you if it is possible...anyway wtf dude...why sell yuor xc right now I have even sent you 50 xc as donation as you were struggling with your family prob and everything..

It was my stupidity and greed. I saw dollar signs. 1500 XC for 3.5 BTC. My thought would be to sell my total worth and rebuy more with the extra BTC, but that backfired and i'm so saddened by it. I hear stories about this sort of stuff, never thought it would happen to me. Yes you donated 50XC and now it's gone. Im sorry.

XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:58:28 PM

Hey Everyone!

Or he is trying to scam the XC community for donations claiming he was scammed out of his XC.  Who knows?  It all sounds fishy to me.
akula999

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:59:24 PM

Hey Everyone!

Or he is trying to scam the XC community for donations claiming he was scammed out of his XC.  Who knows?  It all sounds fishy to me.

I have the entire email chain if anyone wants it.

laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:01:20 PM

Hey Everyone!

It was my stupidity and greed. I saw dollar signs. 1500 XC for 3.5 BTC. My thought would be to sell my total worth and rebuy more with the extra BTC, but that backfired and i'm so saddened by it. I hear stories about this sort of stuff, never thought it would happen to me. Yes you donated 50XC and now it's gone. Im sorry.

Come on, really?  Sorry for your loss (if there was one), but why buy 1500 XC from you for 3.5 BTC when they could go to an exchange and get 2500 XC for the same 3.5 BTC?

This is just common sense.  If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:02:26 PM

Hey Everyone!

That's a horrible story bro - I really feel for you. I hope someone can help you get them back. But I think it may be tough - it sounds like he was set up
to pretty well disappear.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:02:46 PM

Hey Everyone!

Or he is trying to scam the XC community for donations claiming he was scammed out of his XC.  Who knows?  It all sounds fishy to me.

Lets not try to the blame the victim here. On the record he sent me a message in PM privately, I suggested my reason to what had happened and explained that it might be best to post here or on reddit.
cryptico

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:04:16 PM

oh my god its live!!

https://www.mintpal.com/

and they raped XC theme for the site hahahahaha

no fiat pairs but XC/LTC

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:05:41 PM

I think the mobile wallet should have XChat included, but I also think you should be able to download XChat separate from the wallet so that people who don't want the wallet can still be anonymous on the Internet.

Why not keep the wallet section anyway. people dont have to use it, but one day it might come in handy for them and they might go and buy some XC.  Wink

Some people might not want it for some reason and I think XC should respect that.

But that is just my opinion.

I agree completely.

Having a random wallet in a chat app will also be confusing.

But an empty tab or info page with text along the lines of "make payments as privately as you chat: get Xpay/whatever" would mmake a lot of sense.

Then, once the payments app is installed, ideally it would seamlessly integrate into a tab on the XChat app.

so you like the Xpay? nice  Wink. i like the one line additions to every XC application with the trademark Xc logo X as binding element. Like Xweb also.
is it possible to use chat with a locked wallet. if not the idea of to seperate apps is appealing.
on the other hand there should still be an all in one solution for desktop.
akula999

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:06:40 PM

I'm sorry guys. I was naive (evian backwards Smiley ) and I saw dollar signs. I thought I could sell and then buy back more with the extra BTC. Don't fall victim like I did.

savagesam

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:07:20 PM

Mintpal is up it looks like!!! finally!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: