Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:41:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 [1413] 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:13:50 PM

so before two weeks..in theory will it be ready as well for cloud storage and every other content delivery that someone wants to built on top of the Mesh Network??

I thought this was coming after Rev3 ..this will be Huge.

anyway we need Mac and Linux release out ASAP.

We haven't given a deadline for Rev 2.5, so not 2 weeks.

XC's web 3.0 functionality may come in a few stages, since web architecture has several layers. At first it'll have the capacity to allow third parties to buy ad space (and possibly other services) through a traditional website, and will be served on Qibuck wallets and pretty much anywhere else. As things progress, we could add distributed personal file storage, decentralised "email", a generalised web app API, distributed website hosting, etc. etc.

As you can imagine, that'll take some time, and is probably best done as several separate services - with an appropriate layering of code.

Dan Said new UI and mobile wallet in two weeks I understood that that was rev 2.5..

What about Mac and Linux release? a snr member was asking for the linux release yesterday to compile but we had no links to direct him to same situation will be for a mac wallet new release.

Can you give us info about what is the situation with reviews by Atlas and other Crypto members? has been a while now since they were announced.

Thx

REV2.5 has always been about finalizing the XChat feature.  Where in the announcement Dan gave about the new UI + mobile wallet did he mention XChat?

New UI + Mobile wallet are no doubt aspects of REV 2.5, but they do not make up the entire package.  We need a polished XChat.  
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

To be honest, I think XC is on par as the cryptonote coins(now), later it should be much better. It's exciting watching XC develop. Might be the next, new, and improved NXT.

In my opinion its feature set is a fair way beyond Cryptonote, with less bloat. Cryptonote's anonymity is not flexible, and this is the make-or-break factor when it comes to real-world use cases.

That said, XC's testing, reviews, and bounties have not happened yet, and Cryptonote is open source and quite well documented.

Can you explain to me what bloat is?

Every time a transaction is made, a copy of it is stored in the blockchain. The blockchain is stored on every single computer that runs a wallet. If transactions take up a lot of space, or if a coin's technology requires a whole lot of transactions, then the blockchain becomes huge.

Blockchains can't be huge if they're to be stored on a mobile phone. So for real-world usability, a bloat-free blockchain is a central concern.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:16:17 PM

I am sick of this fuking terrorist illuminati propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEwfpqMOic

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:18:18 PM

To be honest, I think XC is on par as the cryptonote coins(now), later it should be much better. It's exciting watching XC develop. Might be the next, new, and improved NXT.

In my opinion its feature set is a fair way beyond Cryptonote, with less bloat. Cryptonote's anonymity is not flexible, and this is the make-or-break factor when it comes to real-world use cases.

That said, XC's testing, reviews, and bounties have not happened yet, and Cryptonote is open source and quite well documented.

Every time a transaction is made, a copy of it is stored in the blockchain. The blockchain is stored on every single computer that runs a wallet. If transactions take up a lot of space, or if a coin's technology requires a whole lot of transactions, then the blockchain becomes huge.

Blockchains can't be huge if they're to be stored on a mobile phone. So for real-world usability, a bloat-free blockchain is a central concern.

Did you read what I said about making the images .jpg?

It would help the load time a lot.
cryptico

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:18:27 PM

Dan Said new UI and mobile wallet in two weeks I understood that that was rev 2.5..

What about Mac and Linux release? a snr member was asking for the linux release yesterday to compile but we had no links to direct him to same situation will be for a mac wallet new release.

Can you give us info about what is the situation with reviews by Atlas and other Crypto members? has been a while now since they were announced.

Thx

REV2.5 has always been about finalizing the XChat feature.  Where in the announcement Dan gave about the new UI + mobile wallet did he mention XChat?

New UI + Mobile wallet are no doubt aspects of REV 2.5, but they do not make up the entire package.  We need a polished XChat.  

Xchat is pretty damn polished already Dan announced mobile chat with the mobile wallet. right now we are ironing group chat that was supposed to be a REV3 release

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
battbot

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:20:17 PM

Thx

Xchat is pretty damn polished already Dan announced mobile chat with the mobile wallet. right now we are ironing group chat that was supposed to be a REV3 release

Well, I don't know then! Smiley
savagesam

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:21:30 PM

When are the code reviews going to be coming as well, I swear i read earlier this week in the thread that someone said Kristov Atlas would be doing a code review for XC. Are you guys wating for final 2.5 REV or what is the timeline on the code reviews. They would help immensely to get skeptics on board with XC.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:22:06 PM

Did you read what I said about making the images .jpg?

It would help the load time a lot.

Yes I did, but you are mistaken :-)

At the same (or higher) level of compression, PNG is smaller.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:23:24 PM

When are the code reviews going to be coming as well, I swear i read earlier this week in the thread that someone said Kristov Atlas would be doing a code review for XC. Are you guys wating for final 2.5 REV or what is the timeline on the code reviews. They would help immensely to get skeptics on board with XC.

Fully agree.  Code reviews by reputable sources should be a #1 priority right now.  Fortunately, I believe it is a #1 priority. 
cryptico

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:24:30 PM

I swear waiting for XC updates feels like giving birth to a child sometimes Cheesy

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:24:39 PM

Fully agree.  Code reviews by reputable sources should be a #1 priority right now.  Fortunately, I believe it is a #1 priority.  

You're right, code reviews will definitely bolster XC's reputation.

I don't have any dates for you at the moment, and neither can I confirm any reviewers. But the process is most likely to be:
- internal consultation and testing
- public reviews
- bounties
- open sourcing code

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

Arlyn you have sayd yourself Atlas was reviewing it on reddit arrrrghhhhhhhh

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:26:15 PM

Huh?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:27:28 PM

Fully agree.  Code reviews by reputable sources should be a #1 priority right now.  Fortunately, I believe it is a #1 priority.  

You're right, code reviews will definitely bolster XC's reputation.

I don't have any dates for you at the moment, and neither can I confirm any reviewers. But the process is most likely to be:
- internal consultation and testing
- public reviews
- bounties
- open sourcing code

Two things.
1. I think that if REV 3 gets released it should be done in one go, not like REV 2 take 1 week to do so.
2. Please explain to me what Blockchain bloat is.
cryptico

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:28:51 PM

Huh?

well you have said that review was in the cards and you were in touch with him

"We've been in touch with Kristov and a review is on the cards. He seems excited about XC."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2i3ksa/xcurrencys_revolutionary_privacy_advancement/

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:30:08 PM

My explanation is embedded in your post. Ha ha.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:31:01 PM

Huh?

well you have said that review was in the cards and you were in touch with him

"We've been in touch with Kristov and a review is on the cards. He seems excited about XC."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2i3ksa/xcurrencys_revolutionary_privacy_advancement/

That's a very different thing to saying that Kristov is going to review XC. ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:33:08 PM

My bad, thanks for explaining it.

Yesterday I said something about Multibit, but nobody of the XC team responded to it I am pretty sure.

Why not make something similar?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:38:04 PM

My bad, thanks for explaining it.

Yesterday I said something about Multibit, but nobody of the XC team responded to it I am pretty sure.

Why not make something similar?

Maybe. I don't know. Seems to be less secure. And ugly.

Best to do a light client that'll preserve security, and even run on dumbphones. That, to me, would make a lot more sense.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:41:24 PM

Xchat is pretty damn polished already

Perhaps on Windows.  Linux and Mac users still do not have any XChat option whatsoever.
Pages: « 1 ... 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 [1413] 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: