Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:43:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:50:32 PM

The updated UI will be released shortly after the mobile app is finished.  ETA is about 2 weeks for RC1

Dan

REv 2.5 in two weeks so?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:50:51 PM

The mobile app will have XChat in RC1, making it one of the most secure mobile messaging app's available in the marketplace .. :-)

Can't wait to download...been waiting for the mobile app for a bit...Smiley

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
cryptico

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:52:50 PM

The mobile app will have XChat in RC1, making it one of the most secure mobile messaging app's available in the marketplace .. :-)

Do you mean full mobile wallet with working meshnet anon and mixers as well will be released with that release?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:00:18 PM

Longenecker, the past 3 weeks have seen a continuous stream of developments from XC, and yet you manage to somehow lose faith in the XC team's commitment?

Your perspective is profoundly warped.

The effect of your presence over the past 2 days has been purely negative.

Please stop. You have no idea how bloody annoying it is for me to have to deal with this.

I work 50+ hour weeks on XC ONLY. Not that you need to know, and not that I'm obliged to indulge your conspiracy theorism. Now shut up so I can have a rest this weekend.

Do not cast doubt on a project with an unmatched pace of development. And damn you for having done so already.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:05:50 PM

Longenecker, the past 3 weeks have seen a continuous stream of developments from XC, and yet you manage to somehow lose faith in the XC team's commitment?

Please stop. You have no idea how bloody annoying it is for me to have to deal with this.

I work 50+ hour weeks on XC ONLY. Not that you need to know, and not that I'm obliged to indulge your conspiracy theorism. Now shut up so I can have a rest this weekend.

Do not cast doubt on a project with an unmatched pace of development. And damn you for having done so already.

cryptico

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:06:15 PM

Arlyn don't lose your flemme Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:09:35 PM

Teka We need to reach them after rev 2.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_Cv4wEE-c

they were talking about fire-chat and mesh networks in this one. They said that all the technologies with mesh net do not offer real privacy. for the bloat issue and third party vulnerability.

XC is gonna blow their mind

Edit: I made a comment in reply of their first comment talking about xc bitcoin magazine article about xc meshnet solution for privacy and I wanted to upvote it with different google accounts but when i go out from my profile and enter the other one I cannot see my comment there.

that is my comment:

Hi Guys have a look at Xcurrency fully private anononimous meshnet implemented. First Crypto to do that:

bitcoinmagazine dot com/16436/xcurrencys-new-trustless-ad-hoc-mesh-network/

Watch the entire show, not bad. Some interesting points. Reddit wants it's own coin? Lets push XC

can you see my comment and upvote it?

I think sometimes on reddit they "shadow ban" comments, so only you can see it, no one else. maybe try post it again from different account.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:12:43 PM

1) Let's keep this professional.

2) I feel that I am expressing valid criticisms.  As someone who is newer to the XC project (I became aware around a month ago), these are my thoughts and concerns.  I express them only out of concern for my investment and the overall benefit of XC.  And I think it would be prudent to agree that if even one person is having these concerns, then there is a good chance some outside investors (as well as inside) may be thinking the same thing.

3) Rather than attacking my person, why not attack the points that I make?  
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:15:49 PM

2) I feel that I am expressing valid criticisms.  As someone who is newer to the XC project (I became aware around a month ago), these are my thoughts and concerns.  I express them only out of concern for my investment and the overall benefit of XC.  And I think it would be prudent to agree that if even one person is having these concerns, then there is a good chance some outside investors (as well as inside) may be thinking the same thing.

The point is - this would be like the CEO of Ford also running GM and I believe that is the point longenecker is making (You aren't the Longenecker from ALERT are you?)

It would be different if Ford Collaborated with SERIUS (something that made them both stronger).  But running two companies that compete for the same thing is very similiar to developing two coins that are designed to do the same thing.  And ultimately the investors are the ones that get screwed over (regardless of how many hours a week anyone works)
cryptico

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:24:00 PM

they were talking about fire-chat and mesh networks in this one. They said that all the technologies with mesh net do not offer real privacy. for the bloat issue and third party vulnerability.

Edit: I made a comment in reply of their first comment talking about xc bitcoin magazine article about xc meshnet solution for privacy and I wanted to upvote it with different google accounts but when i go out from my profile and enter the other one I cannot see my comment there.

that is my comment:

Hi Guys have a look at Xcurrency fully private anononimous meshnet implemented. First Crypto to do that:

Watch the entire show, not bad. Some interesting points. Reddit wants it's own coin? Lets push XC

I think sometimes on reddit they "shadow ban" comments, so only you can see it, no one else. maybe try post it again from different account.

It is on youtube not on reddit. it is a reply to the top first comment from tek syndicate...and im getting notifications as well that people replied on the same thread...

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:29:22 PM

haha nothing better than seeing a nice guy getting a little gangsta for once.
battbot

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:32:35 PM

I'll be the first to say that I see where longnecker is coming from, not that I agree with him, but that I understand how he can think this way.  But I don't think it's helping your investment (longnecker) to make speculations. The reality is we do not know the full extent of what XC intends with their collaborative efforts. It really comes down to do you trust the integrity and commitment of the XC team? And do you see the value in XC's tech?

I for one do, so while we do not see all the pieces of the puzzle yet, the potential of this platform far surpasses any other altcoin from a technological standpoint.  And regardless of what direction the XC team chooses to take, there's no denying that the technology will speak for itself.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:34:15 PM

You don't have valid criticisms. You have a lack of information. If you are new to XC, then you really need to research XC's history of collaboration before forming a realistic opinion on it. Go read every single one.

Look up the previous collaborations we've done and see how, in every case, there was at least one frustrating person in this thread making the sorts of complaints you have here. And in every case, these complaints have turned out to be profoundly misplaced, and XC's tech has been strengthened beyond doubt and without cost to the project.

So for heaven's sake, research your investment properly before complaining.

And then think twice before shooting yourself in the foot by casting doubt on a project you have a stake in (!).

P.S. I did attack your points, rather than your person. I said: "do not cast doubt on a project with an unmatched pace of development."

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Longenecker

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:41:58 PM

Synechist, please address this satisfactorily and I will be done:

"Collaborations with Qibucks, for example, is completely different from the NHZ project.  With NHZ, XC has routed Xander Shepherd (former dev for XC), and Pizpie (Marketing guy) to the NHZ project.  And what do you know, the NHZ project is working to build anon transfers, encrypted messaging, and a decentralized asset exchange.  Look familiar?  It should, because this is in large what XC is attempting to accomplish.

Now, explain to me how dividing the XC team to work on a second coin (which will ONLY divide & dilute investments) will be beneficial to XC?  The coins roadmaps are nearly PARALLEL. But now XC resources are split and working to accomplish the same goals on another coin."

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:53:03 PM

Synechist, please answer this satisfactorily and I will be done:

"Collaborations with Qibucks, for example, is completely different from the NHZ project.  With NHZ, XC has routed Xander Shepherd (former dev for XC), and Pizpie (Marketing guy) to the NHZ project.

Xander has never purely worked for XC. Before he joined XC he was already involved in the Cypherfunks and several other coins. Why? Because this is how crypto works. Always. Go look up the Ethereum developers and see the other projects they contribute to. They're all over the place. And this is both normal and promotes innovation. It makes Xander's presence in XC enriching and energising.

As for Pizpie, he is a social networking genius. He has incredible connections and this is a major feature of XC's (past and future) success. You know how he has such great connections? By being involved in lots of projects. The very worst thing for XC would be if he wasn't collaborating. But this is the case for everyone in crypto. So we'd all better get used to this. It's the most beneficial way of doing things.

And what do you know, the NHZ project is working to build anon transfers, encrypted messaging, and a decentralized asset exchange.  Look familiar?  It should, because this is in large what XC is attempting to accomplish.
This is partially incorrect: XC has not attempting to accomplish, it has already accomplished two of NHZ's three goals here. And it'll acquire the third due to NHZ having an asset exchange already, because Dan is working on its code.

Are you starting to see the benefits of collaboration?

Now, explain to me how dividing the XC team to work on a second coin (which will ONLY divide & dilute investments) will be beneficial to XC?  The coins roadmaps are nearly PARALLEL. But now XC resources are split and working to accomplish the same goals on another coin."

Now do you see that XC has always, and always will be, "divided"? And contrary to your opinion, this is by far the most beneficial thing for XC and for all crypto.

How do you think we have so much incredible tech, and develop it at such a rate? We collaborate, we gain code, we gain experience, we build relationships. This is what a healthy project looks like. Better get used to it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:58:59 PM

"Collaborations with Qibucks, for example, is completely different from the NHZ project.  With NHZ, XC has routed Xander Shepherd (former dev for XC), and Pizpie (Marketing guy) to the NHZ project.

Xander has never purely worked for XC. Before he joined XC he was already involved in the Cypherfunks and several other coins. Why? Because this is how crypto works. Always. Go look up the Ethereum developers and see the other projects they contribute to. They're all over the place. And this is both normal and promotes innovation. It makes Xander's presence in XC enriching and energising.

As for Pizpie, he is a social networking genius. He has incredible connections and this is a major feature of XC's (past and future) success. You know how he has such great connections? By being involved in lots of projects. The very worst thing for XC would be if he wasn't collaborating. But this is the case for everyone in crypto. So we'd all better get used to this. It's the most beneficial way of doing things.

And what do you know, the NHZ project is working to build anon transfers, encrypted messaging, and a decentralized asset exchange.  Look familiar?  It should, because this is in large what XC is attempting to accomplish.
This is partially incorrect: XC has not attempting to accomplish, it has already accomplished two of NHZ's three goals here. And it'll acquire the third due to NHZ having an asset exchange already, because Dan is working on its code.

Now do you see that XC has always, and always will be, "divided"? And contrary to your opinion, this is by far the most beneficial thing for XC and for all crypto.

How do you think we have so much incredible tech, and develop it at such a rate? We collaborate, we gain code, we gain experience, we build relationships. This is what a healthy project looks like. Better get used to it.

By the way, I've said all this already, several times.

If you'd done your research as I suggested before complaining, you'd have seen that in the three days before our announcing the NHZ collaboration, the points above were elaborately spelled out.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:01:37 PM

that is my comment:

It is on youtube not on reddit. it is a reply to the top first comment from tek syndicate...and im getting notifications as well that people replied on the same thread...

Oh, sorry mate, Im not really with it today. just checked and couldn't see your comment on youtube though.

can you upvote stuff on youtube?

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Longenecker

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:05:57 PM

Thank you.  I found this response to be satisfactory.  

Personally, I think XC should encourage people to submit difficult criticisms, if only for the possibility that there are probably other investors holding similar thoughts.  Because now, sufficient answers have been brought forth and may act as a balm to those who are hesitant.
battbot

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

If you'd done your research as I suggested before complaining, you'd have seen that in the three days before our announcing the NHZ collaboration, the points above were elaborately spelled out.

And I'll also be the first to say that I think it was me who drew those points out of you, haha. But I've since then seen the light! Smiley
Longenecker

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:10:31 PM

And I'll also be the first to say that I think it was me who drew those points out of you, haha. But I've since then seen the light! Smiley

I apologize if this exact issue has already been addressed.  I likely missed some pages here and there, including the ITO announcement which I just saw for the first time last night.
Pages: « 1 ... 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: