Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:43:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:08:11 PM

The reason other teams continue to ignore Dan's requests to hold off on collaboration announcements is they are trying to pump their coins. Anyone who has been part of our community for some time is already used to it, hope it benefits xcurrency.

Yep....see this time and time again.  Funny it never has any effect on XC though.  

Do you think that XC's price would've stayed constant throughout a season where most alts took a dive if it wasn't for Dan's reputation, which ensured XC's legitimacy and trustworthiness?

Do you think that, say, XC's upcoming web 3.0 distributed content server will have no effect?

I think that Dan's collaborations have a pervasively beneficial effect on XC.

And what's likely to be the most significant effect of all is what we're going to announce very soon. It would not be possible unless Dan was widely known, highly regarded, and in personal communication with various projects.

no need for defense mode Arlyn. we take it with a smile meanwhile. looking forward to that news. is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?
MKAxe11

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:16:19 PM

Fuck who is the lucky bastard who got the last XC sell order?

Envy envy envy.....

Last 24h on bittrex was me.  Grin

CLOSED DATE   OPENED DATE   TYPE   BID/ASK   UNITS FILLED XC   UNITS TOTAL XC   ACTUAL RATE   COST / PROCEEDS
10/13/2014 17:21:16   10/11/2014 18:37:58   Buy   0.00116500   114.40971375   300.86543347   0.00116499   0.13362052

only got about 114 XC filled though. also this weekends low was 0.00107946, didn't had funds left at that point  Cry

XChat:XJFcgcMqfdFxwXfqqfHPZs4uBomRfR6erQ / jwj2cnCPdf3uX53cyWyLreaJaDadj4BwqhdmhHcWFP5d
Crypto-in-tha-blood

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:18:03 PM

The reason other teams continue to ignore Dan's requests to hold off on collaboration announcements is they are trying to pump their coins. Anyone who has been part of our community for some time is already used to it, hope it benefits xcurrency.

Yep....see this time and time again.  Funny it never has any effect on XC though.  

Do you think that XC's price would've stayed constant throughout a season where most alts took a dive if it wasn't for Dan's reputation, which ensured XC's legitimacy and trustworthiness?

Do you think that, say, XC's upcoming web 3.0 distributed content server will have no effect?

And what's likely to be the most significant effect of all is what we're going to announce very soon. It would not be possible unless Dan was widely known, highly regarded, and in personal communication with various projects.

no need for defense mode Arlyn. we take it with a smile meanwhile. looking forward to that news. is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?

I did not mean for you go on the defensive Arlyn.  I'm in XC, and plan to be for a very long time.  In fact I've picked up 9k in the last few weeks.  I didn't mean that there were no underlying effects of the collaborations.  I just meant, visually, you see the jumps the other coins have, but XC remains the constant.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:24:21 PM

Any estimates on when that could be expected to be working and usable, considering the amount of effort for example the chat feature has required so far?

In what complexity range does web 3.0 lie compared to the chat?
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:27:29 PM

Any estimates on when that could be expected to be working and usable, considering the amount of effort for example the chat feature has required so far?

Mesh-net infrastructure is already on though. That is a major part of web 3.0 content distribution. Correct me if I'm wrong Arlyn.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
illodin

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:29:06 PM

Mesh-net infrastructure is already on though. That is a major part of web 3.0 content distribution. Correct me if I'm wrong Arlyn.

Is the content stored in the blockchain?
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:33:32 PM

Please... havent trolled XC in awhile.... that pic was simply for humor. Ive been buying these clearance prices Cheesy
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:34:35 PM

I did not mean for you go on the defensive Arlyn.  I'm in XC, and plan to be for a very long time.  In fact I've picked up 9k in the last few weeks.  I didn't mean that there were no underlying effects of the collaborations.  I just meant, visually, you see the jumps the other coins have, but XC remains the constant.

+1. I also didn't  mean for my comment to insult the team, I'm only stating the truth. And our team has no control over what other teams say and do. However, Dan can make an example as some point and say, "hey, if you don't respect my wishes, Xc is out of the collab." It may at least let other serious projects know they need to act professionally if they want to deal with xc. If they don't respect Dans request, announce prematurely, and xc bails, their coin will dump rather than pump.

Or maybe you guys can simply write up some xcontracts. Lol
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 04:45:37 PM

No. It'll be in encrypted local storage accessible to (though not decryptable by) Xnodes, and indexed on the blockchain.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 04:49:25 PM

+1. I also didn't  mean for my comment to insult the team, I'm only stating the truth. And our team has no control over what other teams say and do. However, Dan can make an example as some point and say, "hey, if you don't respect my wishes, Xc is out of the collab." It may at least let other serious projects know they need to act professionally if they want to deal with xc. If they don't respect Dans request, announce prematurely, and xc bails, their coin will dump rather than pump.

Or maybe you guys can simply write up some xcontracts. Lol

Apologies if I overreacted guys. I'm down with a bit of flu, and there's been a lot of concern in the community about collaboration in the past.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:50:36 PM

I don't think so as this would bloat it. the content more then likely will be stored in mesh networks created ad hoc and constantly interchanging information between each others. Arlyn will need to correct me as well on this if I'm wrong.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 04:51:24 PM

is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?

Yup ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

I can't release details just yet, but it's quite likely that we'll let the word out tomorrow or the next day.

It's a particularly major development.

Will this announcement show a feature delivered in XC or will it be another PR announcement which showcases something in the future?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

I can't release details just yet, but it's quite likely that we'll let the word out tomorrow or the next day.

It's a particularly major development.

Will this announcement show a feature delivered in XC or will it be another PR announcement which showcases something in the future?

Hmm... that question is tangential to the announcement. I could say yes to both sides of the disjunction, though at the expense of not doing justice to the sense in which you intend your question to be understood.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 05:00:23 PM

I think that I speak for the whole XC community if I say that we would appreciate it if we get informed before Dan decides to do another collaboration.

Ahem...

On a side note, I've been contacted by several dev's on a various list of projects - just wanted to keep the community in the loop

* Ruble Code review
* Britcoin - license rev1 mixer code
* Utility Coin - collaboration
* Supernet - collaboration

Dan

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
LD2164

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:02:09 PM

is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?

Yup ;-)
I think that I speak for the whole XC community if I say that we would appreciate it if we get informed before Dan decides to do another collaboration.

I think you don't goat.

cryptico

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:05:40 PM

Yup ;-)

I think you don't goat.

You def don't goat it ahahah Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
illodin

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

I don't think so as this would bloat it. the content more then likely will be stored in mesh networks created ad hoc and constantly interchanging information between each others. Arlyn will need to correct me as well on this if I'm wrong.

I would imagine it's going to be a monumental task to design and implement the algorithms that work and keep the data available even when nodes go on and off constantly, or if they cheat by limiting their upload to 10kB/s or something. Backup systems like CrashPlan and Symform are doing this so it's possible. Perhaps there already are published researches about this issue?
cryptico

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:12:09 PM

I would imagine it's going to be a monumental task to design and implement the algorithms that work and keep the data available even when nodes go on and off constantly, or if they cheat by limiting their upload to 10kB/s or something. Backup systems like CrashPlan and Symform are doing this so it's possible. Perhaps there already are published researches about this issue?

I think you will need someone with more knowledge of the platform then me to answer this. Arlyn already answered that content will be stored locally and ditributed trough mixers so my initial answer was already incomplete. Maybe you should PM Dan or we can check if Synechist have an answer for you Smiley

QUOTE:

"
No. It'll be in encrypted local storage accessible to (though not decryptable by) Xnodes, and indexed on the blockchain.
"

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

Ahem...

On a side note, I've been contacted by several dev's on a various list of projects - just wanted to keep the community in the loop

* Ruble Code review
* Britcoin - license rev1 mixer code
* Utility Coin - collaboration
* Supernet - collaboration

Dan

I didn't see that, my bad.

I deleted it.
Pages: « 1 ... 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: