Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:49:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ibfragalot2

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

First account stolen, in traditional BCT fashion!

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:23:36 PM

Given the trillion-dollar power of the USD, and the need to protect it against competing currencies by planning ahead, it would be safe to assume the NSA has a "killswitch" for all cryptocurrencies in the form of SHA256 / Scrypt / X11 / Quark / etc etc ASICs that can take 51% control of any POW crypto any time they like.

Safe to assume? Yeah... oh, you know, they could do something more practical like make it illegal, 10 years minimum, shut down the exchanges MPAA style, and have the same effect.

wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:25:09 PM

Guys have a question. Is there any pool that directly mine XC?

You just missed the train, the POW was end, now only POS is running.

You missed the ponzy, Twice reduction on supply during pow called by greedy and nice crypto community.

Leaving the monetary base to be practically taken by the 500-700gh whale would render the coin DOA due to POS 51% centralization.

i wonder where this whale gets 700gh of hash from?

I cannot figure that out myself. The only scenario that seems plausible to me is NSA.

Given the trillion-dollar power of the USD, and the need to protect it against competing currencies by planning ahead, it would be safe to assume the NSA has a "killswitch" for all cryptocurrencies in the form of SHA256 / Scrypt / X11 / Quark / etc etc ASICs that can take 51% control of any POW crypto any time they like.

However, to control a POS crypto it would require a totally different "vector" namely the acquisition of ~30-35% of the coins (and use them for staking into a comfortable 51% control due to others non-staking). If they already have the hardware, buying the coin off the market would be a no-brainer as it would skyrocket the price. So why not mine it?

All the other scenarios don't make sense to me. Renting GPUs for XC? No sense. It'd need hundreds of thousands of GPUs, too many micromanagement deals to achieve that type of hashpower etc etc. FPGAs are not that fast, it would need thousands. Even for ASICs it would take a couple hundred ASICs assuming a "bad" scenario of 1000:1 acceleration over a GPU (3 GHs per ASIC) - so a few prototypes wouldn't cut it. Fake hashes are a known pool/stratum issue, so I don't see how they could affect the network hash.

Also, if it was private ASICs / FPGAs they would be mining other coins, not do a one-off appearance just for XC. Why wouldn't a ASIC / FPGA owner not use them for ordinary mining?

CPU botnets are also out of the question due to the CPU hashrates of modern coins. Even an entire million of botnet infected PCs at 200khash average per PC would give only 200 gigahash.

If anyone has a better scenario I'm all ears.

Happened that many miners switched to X11, and new miner boosted hash for 50% and more. I had 47MH/s, now I have 68MH/s. Count that every serious miner did software upgrade, and we have 50% more hash now than we had 7 days ago with same HW.

Yeah but here we are talking about nearly 0.8-1 TH at peak. That's insane even at 4 MH per card (200.000 to 250.000 GPU). Where is all that power the other days? How can it be one off? Yes, some hashrate of normal miners went to XC and went back to DRK and other coins. But it wasn't dramatic when it left and when it returned to other coins. I estimate the normal x11 hashing power during the pow phase at ~200-300 gigahash top. The rest is problematic to explain.

Don't forget CHINA. Chinese miners have the greatest mining power.
They might have huge GPUs, FPGAs, and ASIC that you can't imagine. As far as I know, there're so many miners that have 300+ GPUs(280x or even 290).

I can imagine the NSA's supercomputers could generate that kind of hashrate. If that was the case.... well XC is on to something HUGE. That scares them. Not to get too tinfoil hat here, but the NSA does not work for the American guberment.

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:29:39 PM

Small new XC article :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/31/rumour-killer-xc-source-code-is-not-a-fedoracoin-clone#

Please share Smiley
Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:35:53 PM

Thanks. What about testnet result ? Smiley Proof of anonymous work.
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:44:18 PM

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uTgnZAFuNU

Someone recorded testing it. All checks out. He makes a minor mistake in there while searching, but I've had a relatively careful look and it's still ok.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:45:46 PM

I received this message " Not minting because you don't have mature coins"   Huh Huh

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:47:05 PM

I received this message " Not minting because you don't have mature coins"   Huh Huh

Normal if you've recently transferred coins in. You have to wait a while before it starts. Usually around 24 hours for me but YMMV.
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:51:06 PM

Hello everyone!

Dev's keep up the good work.
I downloaded the wallet today, buy some coins and withdrawal to wallet.
Everything wass perfet and fast.
For minting do i need a min number of coins?

P.S. Sorry if you post this info and i miss it.

No, just an encrypted, unlocked wallet with your coins have matured.

-XC Community Mod.

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:59:16 PM

Hello everyone!

Dev's keep up the good work.
I downloaded the wallet today, buy some coins and withdrawal to wallet.
Everything wass perfet and fast.
For minting do i need a min number of coins?

P.S. Sorry if you post this info and i miss it.

No, just an encrypted, unlocked wallet with your coins have matured.

-XC Community Mod.

thanks for your hard working and patience to all FUD makers. girls, pussies, cums or some grs.

one question, how long will it take for my coins to get matured? i deposited coins for three days. do we have a time limit? thanks .
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:03:57 PM

Guys have a question. Is there any pool that directly mine XC?

You just missed the train, the POW was end, now only POS is running.

You missed the ponzy, Twice reduction on supply during pow called by greedy and nice crypto community.

Leaving the monetary base to be practically taken by the 500-700gh whale would render the coin DOA due to POS 51% centralization.

Hey, AlexGR did you buy back into XC or still holding just a minor stake?

Minor stake.

x11 fpgas, he actually posted here link to the x11 fpga code.

That was the code of some of the hashing algorithms that X11 implements. The full X11 FPGA code is not public. It would require all code to be chained and act as a single program.

bitcoin is already accused to be a money laundering machina. Xc might even update the game  Smiley

Ben Lawsky already said the government might be looking to ban coinjoin, imagine the crash in DRK if that happens.

How are they gonna ban what's occuring over networks? They can't unless they have massive invasion on networks with deep-packet-inspection inside encrypted traffic...  in which case we have a whole different problem.

DRK doesn't seek government approval (like Bitcoin). It's developed despite regulatory "apprehension". Banning DRK would be the best PR campaign ever and it would also attract enormous development from behind it to improve it to make it 100% government-proof / 100% NSA-proof (now it's not - nor is any anonymous coin).

Banning it from US exchanges is irrelevant as they are too few in number to even play a role.

And then you have Bytecoin & clones... how can you ban coinjoin and not ring signatures? And why ban them and at the same time, as a government, actively fund the development of Zerocoin?

Safe to assume? Yeah... oh, you know, they could do something more practical like make it illegal, 10 years minimum, shut down the exchanges MPAA style, and have the same effect.

That is not practical. It's wishful thinking. US controls 5% of the global market. A ban inside the US can't protect the dollar's position in the global landscape against gold, bitcoin etc.

There is a price in producing 1 trillion USD per year and it's called devaluation of the currency and stealing your money. When the people have, say, 10 trillion in bank accounts and the government is issuing another 1, then it is debasing the people's money by 10%.

Naturally people want to protect themselves from this type of devaluation (which make all tangible things cost more) by escaping the dollar and moving to anti-inflationary assets (gold, silver, bitcoins etc). The government has taken all the measures necessary to manipulate such assets (gold and silver being >7 trillion USD markets) through paper-contract / futures that oversell gold and silver quantities which do not actually exist. If they can do such large scale manipulation in a 7 trillion market to preserve the dollar, we can only assume that they are also ready to do so in a 7 bn market like cryptos - with vastly lower costs (a few millions for ASIC hardware). It's an extremely small price to pay compared to what's at stake (the value of trillions of USD).
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

For those wondering where these huge hashrates cone from its very simple.  Sites such as nicehash are becoming very popular and it is incredibly simple to transfer in bitcoin to them and rent out huge hashrates. If you don't know how they work miners point their rigs to the site, renters pay the site to point the miners to a pool with the renters credentials.  The miners get paid in BTC, the sites takes a cut of the renters BTC and the renters get whatever coins were mined.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:05:04 PM

Normal if you've recently transferred coins in. You have to wait a while before it starts. Usually around 24 hours for me but YMMV.
Thank you. I just withdrew my coins from mintpal  Grin

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:16:00 PM

moving 10k + coins off the exchange today and into PoS wallet.  Going to hold real long on this one.  Thanks everyone.

Special thanks to Dev and Community.

kewlya

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:17:49 PM

moving 10k + coins off the exchange today and into PoS wallet.  Going to hold real long on this one.  Thanks everyone.

Special thanks to Dev and Community.

same, im cashing out my 7k coins. gonna hold a lot of time. i like gamble and this is a good one, risk little win a lot. easy 10x money
Profetu

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:19:16 PM

For those wondering where these huge hashrates cone from its very simple.  Sites such as nicehash are becoming very popular and it is incredibly simple to transfer in bitcoin to them and rent out huge hashrates. If you don't know how they work miners point their rigs to the site, renters pay the site to point the miners to a pool with the renters credentials.  The miners get paid in BTC, the sites takes a cut of the renters BTC and the renters get whatever coins were mined.

C'mon man that's silly. First they don't have 200 k GPUs. Second they don't wait for you to rent the gear to plug the rigs in. They mine in the meantime.

Dat ~600 GH hashrate dissapeared after XC. I haven't seen it in DRK or any other coin. Maybe it's very expensive to run. IDK.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:22:17 PM

AlexGR, NSA mining XC? Do you also own a lot of ConspiracyCoin? This is the most absurd thing that I have read recently. Next thing you gonna say is that BlackCoin was sponsored by the Obama administration.
wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:26:37 PM

AlexGR, NSA mining XC? Do you also own a lot of ConspiracyCoin? This is the most absurd thing that I have read recently. Next thing you gonna say is that BlackCoin was sponsored by the Obama administration.
Told you it was tinfoil hat time. Relax It was a poor attempt at humor.

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:29:34 PM

C'mon man that's silly. First they don't have 200 k GPUs. Second they don't wait for you to rent the gear to plug the rigs in. They mine in the meantime.

Dat ~600 GH hashrate dissapeared after XC. I haven't seen it in DRK or any other coin. Maybe it's very expensive to run. IDK.

I was around for the mass hash rate increase on XC...I think what happen is a few huge farms saw XC PoW was coing to an end(there was about 1000 - 2000 blocks left of PoW I think at the time) I think they saw the price of XC was sitting at 1 dollar...and there was mass money to be made by directing mass hash at the coin.  The PoW stage was shortened by Dev around this time due to realization that some miner is raking in the cash...he was goingto hold large stake for sure.  So the block height was lowered, reducing the coin supply for XC and thus shortening the time for PoW stage so the miner would not profit as much and hold as much stake.

That is what I seen... happen..good luck to you.
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:30:42 PM

I'm not necessarily saying thats where it came from but look into it before you call it silly.  Nicehash.com currently has 16GH of x11 miners available for rent and that is just 1 site.  they are constantly mining to the highest bidder so there is no waiting.  Pretty genius by the creator really.

When NAUT relaunched I rented 300MH of scrypt for days and made a lot.  
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:36:52 PM

Well if private groups can do this for bitcoin why not for altcoins?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CjldZLXiAU

Skip to 3:30 for the 1pentahash rig
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: