Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:04:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:56:01 PM

The wallet release is on track for tonight.

It will be mainnet ready, and have the XNode code in the wallet.  It is fully decentralized.  

Just to clarify somethings as well - REV2 will have a solution to the bad actor problem.  Using a dynamic learning trust system, the wallet will choose the trusted nodes over the bad actor nodes.  This also will be tied into the fee system so it will also be incentive based.  

I will also be laying out a very high level roadmap of what’s next, what’s coming and long term plans.
As part of this process, I will be putting together a complete business plan, which will be release later this week.  

Also if your running an XNODE your 1000 XC's will not stake.  There is a feature in the wallet - reserve balance - which basically prevents those coins from staking.  Xnodes will need to use this feature so that the coins are available for the Xpool.

ATCSECURE

As I stated in the beginning, a primary focus will be bringing XC to the retail marketplace and putting XC on the Point of Sale/DEBIT/VISA Network... These features will be added to the wallet, and as part of the Mobile Android wallet as well...  The mobile wallet will also have NFC support for P2P transfers mobile to mobile... all of this will be in the roadmap coming out tonight

This means that it will also work nicely with the Physical coins that I will be making for XC.

Correct

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:57:45 PM

Also if your running an XNODE your 1000 XC's will not stake.  There is a feature in the wallet - reserve balance - which basically prevents those coins from staking.  Xnodes will need to use this feature so that the coins are available for the Xpool.

ATCSECURE

Will this be just for the REV1 or will it be a feature of XC in general so for REV2 as well?

Thx for your work much appreciated.

This a general requirement.. because when you stake coins, they are unavailable for use until the stake has confirmed

Thx Again for your Clarification Smiley

May I ask if we know already how much will be the reward for keeping the Xnode against staking? lets say for 1000 coins. Thx
[/quote]

The reward for running an xnode is the fee received per TX through your xnode, and the higher the trust value of your node, the higher the Fee, it will be percentage based of the original transaction, although this is open for discussion

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
wobbzz

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

It will be mainnet ready, and have the XNode code in the wallet.  It is fully decentralized.  

Just to clarify somethings as well - REV2 will have a solution to the bad actor problem.  Using a dynamic learning trust system, the wallet will choose the trusted nodes over the bad actor nodes.  This also will be tied into the fee system so it will also be incentive based.  

I will also be laying out a very high level roadmap of what’s next, what’s coming and long term plans.
As part of this process, I will be putting together a complete business plan, which will be release later this week.  

ATCSECURE

Uhh, this is kinda huge. I'm guessing it is not reflected in the price...lmao. Wait till people start to find out

I'd say people are taking action on that Wink

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:59:39 PM

ATCSECURE

As I stated in the beginning, a primary focus will be bringing XC to the retail marketplace and putting XC on the Point of Sale/DEBIT/VISA Network... These features will be added to the wallet, and as part of the Mobile Android wallet as well...  The mobile wallet will also have NFC support for P2P transfers mobile to mobile... all of this will be in the roadmap coming out tonight

This means that it will also work nicely with the Physical coins that I will be making for XC.

Correct

If this is true this will be a revolution in the payment Industry.. Are NFC payments with bitcoins coins available today? I never heard of them will XC be the first crypto to do that?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:00:47 PM

ATCSECURE

Correct

How you ever going to get Visa and MC to even look at crypto integration ?  - they hate the stuff... trust me I know from personal experience.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:02:58 PM

ATCSECURE

Correct

If this is true this will be a revolution in the payment Industry.. Are NFC payments with bitcoins coins available today? I never heard of them will XC be the first crypto to do that?

As far as I'm aware no (physical btc), I do have some Blackcoins that I'm making but without a mobile app like this you can't actually use them for payment, only for cold storage
Seldar

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:03:52 PM

Can someone please explain to me why the confirmation times are so woefully, unacceptably long? And what the fix will be and when it will be implemented? It takes so damn long to get coins from A to B that unless something is done, regardless of how innovative and successful certain features may be, it will be a fundamentally useless coin except for those rare transactions where both parties are happy to wait for hours on end to complete the sale.

Yep.
I hope the next release will solve this big problem.

Sorry for my bad english Smiley
Reese212

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:06:22 PM

I need your feedback on something... what do you think should be the min. requirement of posts before you can post in the marketplace?

What is the Market-place?

Where users will be able to buy and sell anything (legal in the UK) that they want from each other. Similar to the marketplace here.

Why do e.g. I Need say 20 Posts to be allowed to sell you 5 XC or 5 pieces of cake? The only Thing I can do then is posting nearly nonsense stuff to not get banned by fudding but to reach my 20-post-limit. What's your Intention for limiting the Marketplace?

To limit the amount of scams but I do see your point. We could apply marketplace access manually but that's another thing that will take time out of my day which I'm willing to do. However, I would rather spend the time on more productive things.

Thanks for responding! Well ok I think your Point is more valid than mine. Because if i really want to get rid of 5 pieces of cake then there is more than 1 Website on the Internet where I can sell the cake. Saving "my own members" from losing Money due to bad People is stronger than my Intention to allow all People to sell their stuff.
I'm convinced now, it is better to not let everbody sell on the Marketplace.

Dear Lord, please grant me the ability...
kewlya

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:07:12 PM

there is nothing wrong with commisioned work as long as it adds value to the coin, community or something else.
we can only imagine how much the dev has on his desk right now. juggling many aspects of such a project requires knowledge in a wide variety of skills. Project management and team lead is as important as the pure getting-dirty programming footwork. Having a bunch of capable programmers step in and close some of the open tasks is propably just the right thing to do.

This is why the XC dev has already done what took the DRK dev months.

In fact if XC dev can get this working properly this will actually be superior to DRK.

Anything the XC dev can outsource to someone else eg testnet, DNS seeder etc, he is doing so... which means he can spend more time on the code.

4-5 Dev + Dan is working right now on XC.

very very  good news today. nice dev team!!  this coin  is the future! buy ur coins while they cheap. i invested 20 btc so far
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:08:10 PM

I'm having some issues with SMF, anyone know how I can let users of a certain group read posts but no actually post in them? They most also be able to post in one board. So far it seems like newbies would have to log out to read posts which isn't user friendly.
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:12:46 PM

I just wanted to drop in and say hello Smiley

I am working on a XC Seeder which will be added to the XC source code. This is a DNS service for crypto coins that the client connects to when starting to find other clients on the network without having to use addnode information. This is the service that replaced the IRC system that use to do the same thing. The work should be completed today.

Welcome to XC.

The seeder will be a welcome addition, we are looking forward to it being added.

This coin gets better with each passing day.
Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:13:57 PM

<carebeer> the question is ( i have not read upon this yet) but how does the algorithm for getting tx traffic looks like? how do you become a trusted node?
<ATCSECURE> okay so the answer is 2 fold
<ATCSECURE> it is a learning dynamic algorithm
<ATCSECURE> you become trusted by completing transactions
<ATCSECURE> the wallet learns based on experience
<ATCSECURE> the fee percentage though will be fixed between 2 values
<ATCSECURE> and adjust based on trust weight
<ATCSECURE> also the wallet splits across multiple xnodes
<carebeer> fair enough.. fixed between lower and upper sounds good
<ATCSECURE> measures the results
<ATCSECURE> builds a table
<ATCSECURE> this is NOT in REV1
<ATCSECURE> REV1 is trustless
<ATCSECURE> today's release is mainnet - w/ xnode
<ATCSECURE> it will be used to collect addition data to feed back into the coding loop
<ATCSECURE> because of the dynamics of the new protocol, which communites limited information between xnodes
<ATCSECURE> communicates*
<inmymem> I say a fixed fee since the transaction gets split and the way it is split is random
<inmymem> so an equal reward is better so it is not left to luck who gets more if one gets a larger chunk of the split transaction
<carebeer> ATCSECURE: well percetage is cool. then there is an incentive to run a more "weighted" node. the problem that i have seen is that in NXT for example, there have not been any reason for running a node if you dont got a shit loads of funds
<carebeer> imho
<carebeer> the nodes are the currency
<carebeer> without them you loose stability and performance
<carebeer> and the more nodes we got, the better anon multipath works
<carebeer> as i understand it
<ATCSECURE> carebeer - so yes correct
<inmymem> But the trust system needs to be weighted in and I would say even add something of the likes of “coin age” so that people will be inclined to keep it running
<ATCSECURE> it is incentive based,
<ATCSECURE> thus the dynamic fee algo
<carebeer> sounds good
<ATCSECURE> inmymem - yes that will also play a factor
<carebeer> can you somehow manipulate the protocol and send spoofed data?
<carebeer> so that you get more tx?
<ATCSECURE> carebeer - no
<carebeer> ok
<kaene> time of today's wallet release?
<ATCSECURE> release is tonight
<kaene> boston timezone?
<ATCSECURE> yes

<kaene> ok, thanks
<ATCSECURE> sure n/p

From IRC Smiley
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:20:15 PM

This really is one of the best coins out there at the moment, I'm loving the dedication of the community, Teka, other devs and most of all atcsecure!
cryptico

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:26:27 PM

This really is one of the best coins out there at the moment, I'm loving the dedication of the community, Teka, other devs and most of all atcsecure!
Yep I love it indeed this the first community I joined since november I would like to help somehow but I have no twitter account and no tek skills I have contacted a friend of mine for the logo let's see how it goes

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
rajapatr1

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:29:47 PM

who can tell me ? if i close wallet i will get confirms my transaction ?
Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:32:39 PM

who can tell me ? if i close wallet i will get confirms my transaction ?

You can close. You will get confirmations.
hrt

Activity: 288

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:37:18 PM

Hi guys,

can someone put a poll here for voting to rename XC into BEARCOIN, overwork a logo in combine with HUGE slogon under bear head: "Visioning of future behind the first coin with scheduled bear traps" and add the

traps counter and updated schedule to the official twitter and site.

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:40:53 PM

Hi guys,

can someone put a poll here for voting to rename XC into BEARCOIN, overwork a logo in combine with HUGE slogon under bear head: "Visioning of future behind the first coin with scheduled bear traps" and add the

traps counter and updated schedule to the official twitter and site.

LOL!
badam

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:42:18 PM

^^^ as soon as dev is announcing a progress trolls are reappearing ^^^
cryptico

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:44:28 PM

^^^ as soon as dev is announcing a progress trolls are reappearing ^^^

I suggest to do not restar a war with trolls and just keep posting between us in a professional way trolls can be aswered once if they have a question and that's it I believe..

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: