Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tr8kr

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:55:09 PM

thanks Catkiwi ,are you a professiionnal trader ?
if so can you make some technical analyse sometime, its always interresting to see how its going behind number (perhaps with graph) ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:07:54 AM

ATC any command or something to know what going on behind the scene ?

-number of xnode running
-number of transaction passing through xnode
-volume of xc passing through xnode

perhaps its too early in this rev.

For the 1.36 right now wallet is working like a charm and xnode is running on a separate computer with 15xc and reservebalance=20 but i dont know how i can get something useful for you for now i have no fee (running 1h) .

Unfortunately not at this time, we are looking at certain features similar to this in REV2...

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:10:29 AM

ATCsecure can u plz explain how it is prevented from a mixer stealing coins during this beta wallet? 
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:11:10 AM

What does caansfer mean on the website?

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:11:37 AM

The bounty for the logo is now 200XC

a Logo design in 99design website is 299 Dollars:

http://99designs.com/launch

I would give the 200 plus XCs to them rather than Amateours if nothing good is found and it seems you can organize contests there Why we just do not move the Contest in that website so? and we can give exposure to the contest to more designers that hopefully are professional as well?

What do you think?

We need a full identity package not just a logo. Something that is put together as a whole and not piecemeal. I am sorry but you are not going ot get that with a contest nor do I think we will get that from 99design.

I work with people who do this on a daily basis and have the means to deliver what we need.  I have extended an offer to the dev to have this done at no cost to the community or the dev and am awaiting his reply.

I agree on this also would be nice to hear from ATC and the community maybe they can enter the contest for the logo as a start? I have a friend as well that I contacted but he is not into crypto and busy as shit

Dude the devs aren't open to a name change, I've been trying to push this idea. 'that other coin' name changed FROM our one currently, and fucking did very well. Like seriously XClouds sounds damn good, its marketable, easily design able, and revolves around the idea of decentralization and mesh networking. Also you could have a motto on the coin/logo that said 'XClouds ... Transfer Anonymous' to hit BOTH key points of the coin.

Nah yo fuck that, well call it two letters, xc

like what?

No disrespect I'm sure the developers have a grasp on the situation but I mean come on.

+1 it s not good that we cannot discuss a namechange openly. there might be a lot work to do but without identity who knows what u are workin on? xcloud is pretty cool if it wasn t taken already.
X cloud sounds retarded. And the dev team makes executive decisions not the community. XC name was already decided, so stop bringing it up and move on

Look just as you are entitled to your asinine opinion, as is everyone else, which is why having a community vote for anew name is a good idea.

In a way you're right, the developers should issue executive orders for issues relative to the technology and infrastructure.

But simple things such as the name and logo should be left to the hands of the community, as these common people are the ones putting money into the coin in the first place. And these same people are the ones that are would be investors.

those aren't simple things, as i remember the community already decided for xc but i don't know how big that vote was, i think it sounds cool and doesn't limit itself to a specific feature, perhaps working anon is just the beginning so it should be neutral name wise, i think names like dark or black are a mistake, even positiv brands like liberty  limit you in your ability to grow in the future.

as stated befor , xc is sexy

One thing to keep in mind is if something is insanely successful, as XC is (it is compared to most), don't mess with the branding more than you need to. Obviously they/we need a new logo, and that is underway. The tech is being advanced. Changing the name is rolling a lot of dice for no reason at all. If your coin is ranked #97, think about a name change, sure, otherwise, don't screw it up. "Xcloud" sounds awful. XC/X11coin/Xcoin - Obvious tie in with the original Darkcoin name, leave it as is.

FYI: I was debating people that wanted to change the name "Darkcoin" in the past. So it could lose all momentum and be forgotten. Good thing Evan didn't listen to the bad ideas.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:13:55 AM

ATCsecure can u plz explain how it is prevented from a mixer stealing coins during this beta wallet? 

I second this - please explain in depth.
mojun7982

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:29:17 AM

I second this - please explain in depth.
Trade Secrets

jordanlcn

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:30:30 AM

I got a strange issue after the new update.

I got the new wallet, conf, and it's perfectly synced BUT i am missing coins now.

Looks like my oldest deposit is not showing in my balance?

Here are the screenshots:

http://i61.tinypic.com/ejecgn.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/1zlxjkz.jpg

You might want to try this solution that someone posted earlier:

http://www.reddit.com/r/XCofficialreddit/comments/274lt5/wallet_syncing_issue_resolution/

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR WALLET.DAT

First try what is stated in the reddit article but a little edit would be that the newest wallet is "v0.9.1.35x11-coin-1.0" I got it from http://xc-official.com/release/wallets/

If that dont work then you can try this one.  Since it looks like my old problem

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR WALLET.DAT

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg7027721#msg7027721
Riddikulo

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:33:39 AM

My wallet is not sync!
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:48:41 AM

My wallet is not sync!

update it
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:53:10 AM

auto syn work fine at my side, just give it time. i have seen people expecting XC to make them rich overnight.

Updated wallet available - for XNODE and XCLIENT users

http://xc-official.com/release/wallets/

grap v1.35 of the wallet - windows users only - Mac XNODE and XCLIENT coming soon

User Guides

http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/user_guides/

Why is the wallet update not automated?

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:57:30 AM

Updated wallet available - for XNODE and XCLIENT users

http://xc-official.com/release/wallets/

grap v1.35 of the wallet - windows users only - Mac XNODE and XCLIENT coming soon

User Guides

http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/user_guides/

Why is the wallet update not automated?

Do you know how dangerous an automatically updated wallet is?    I would not want to run that...   what if the update payload was intercepted and hacked?

CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:02:34 AM

if so can you make some technical analyse sometime, its always interresting to see how its going behind number (perhaps with graph) ?

Not a professional, but it is how I make my Bitcoin. Since October 2013.

I will tell you this - Expect to see some sell walls out of now which appear maybe once or twice per hour - these are attempts to induce holders to dump coins into the sell wall owners buy orders. The coin is going to test 0.03 in the next 24 hours. Not because of any amazing dev work, or community efforts, but because there is a tidy profit to be made in buying a coin cheaply (as it is now) and pumping it up 50% - It's just a fact. If you are a small fish, like myself, you will be wise to buy back in now. Ideally you bought back in when it was around 186,500 and there were some tasty sells on offer, but it is not too late.

The way the manipulators in charge of this particular coin's price direction seem to function is very much based on the performance of Blackcoin and Darkcoin and interestingly Bitcoin itself. You can get an indicator of where XC is going to go based on the rise or fall of those three coins. We discussed a few weeks ago how it is generally the same Bitcoin being moved about various coins, one goes up - the whales cash out - then they start slowly buying up their next target before they place a mammoth 100+ BTC buy wall and let others pump it up for them.

The only way to be a successful small trader is to anticipate their next pump, and it is not as hard as people make out. Look for seemingly random, medium sized buy orders ABOVE the market price spread about 2 or 3 hours apart over the space of 24 hours or more. E.g. the last sell price is 190,000 - someone buys 10 BTC up to 193,000 before the price drops back down to 190.000 again.

You may think to yourself "Huh, some fool just paid more than they needed to!" - but in reality they are the smart ones. You see they KNOW the target of the next pump, it is always a coordinated effort between the whales to ensure maximum profit among themselves - its bad for business to be fighting each other - they may give the appearance that they are fighting each other but really they are just trying to get you to move in one way or another.

If you see this sort of order over the space of 24 hours, take all of them and look at the highest price they bought at for each order - average it - then add on 50% to that (the observed amount a coin seems to pump before the dumping occurs - it is the point where two forces meet - the buyer feels confident that the coin has risen to much to crash and must be a sign its about to "go to the moon" - the seller feels confident that a 50% profit is worth selling 100% of their stash.). Now back track 10%. Between 40 and 50% the whales have quietly been dumping their coins on the buyers who buy without any regard to common sense - they are blinded by greed and will munch through thousands of dollars worth of coins in seconds. By the time the price rises 50% the whales have all but removed themselves from the market and the little fish begin to take their profit. This tips the balance and the coin starts to go down. Without the whales to pump the buys up with massive walls the ordinary buyer gets scared and removes their buy order completely - it happens very suddenly but it causes a 20-25% fall in price within 60 seconds more often than not. Then people foolishly think its just a correction and starting buying again - this slows the descent but doesnt change the downward trend - the coin MUST go back to around the level it was when the whales first started buying with an additional 10% added on. One of the side effects of a pump is that the resulting stable price is usually around 10% higher than the previous.

There are what I would call "Super Pumps" whereby the target is set 2 to 500% above the current price - We saw this with Pandacoin, Karmacoin, Blackcoin, Dogecoin, XC, DRK etc. - You generally will only get one shot at this as it relies on a very low marketcap - once a coins starts to get into the 10s of millions of dollars it becomes far harder to pump up 500% - but the sweetspot is aorund $150-500,000.

Rest assured however, a super pump is followed by a super dump as seen in every single coin that has ever been pumped up - even Bitcoin and Litecoin themselves.

Ultimately just watch the market - thats my advice to you - and I don't mean watch the price - i mean watch the behaviour, what KIND of buys and sells are we seeing? What is the volume and price of each order? what space are they apart? what timezone do they most correlate to? what coin experienced a sell order of similar quantity to the buy order just observed? for example.

Have fun!

almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:06:56 AM

CatKiwi -

The XC Jim Cramer......

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:08:12 AM

Not a professional, but it is how I make my Bitcoin. Since October 2013.

I will tell you this - Expect to see some sell walls out of now which appear maybe once or twice per hour - these are attempts to induce holders to dump coins into the sell wall owners buy orders. The coin is going to test 0.03 in the next 24 hours. Not because of any amazing dev work, or community efforts, but because there is a tidy profit to be made in buying a coin cheaply (as it is now) and pumping it up 50% - It's just a fact. If you are a small fish, like myself, you will be wise to buy back in now. Ideally you bought back in when it was around 186,500 and there were some tasty sells on offer, but it is not too late.

The way the manipulators in charge of this particular coin's price direction seem to function is very much based on the performance of Blackcoin and Darkcoin and interestingly Bitcoin itself. You can get an indicator of where XC is going to go based on the rise or fall of those three coins. We discussed a few weeks ago how it is generally the same Bitcoin being moved about various coins, one goes up - the whales cash out - then they start slowly buying up their next target before they place a mammoth 100+ BTC buy wall and let others pump it up for them.

The only way to be a successful small trader is to anticipate their next pump, and it is not as hard as people make out. Look for seemingly random, medium sized buy orders ABOVE the market price spread about 2 or 3 hours apart over the space of 24 hours or more. E.g. the last sell price is 190,000 - someone buys 10 BTC up to 193,000 before the price drops back down to 190.000 again.

You may think to yourself "Huh, some fool just paid more than they needed to!" - but in reality they are the smart ones. You see they KNOW the target of the next pump, it is always a coordinated effort between the whales to ensure maximum profit among themselves - its bad for business to be fighting each other - they may give the appearance that they are fighting each other but really they are just trying to get you to move in one way or another.

If you see this sort of order over the space of 24 hours, take all of them and look at the highest price they bought at for each order - average it - then add on 50% to that (the observed amount a coin seems to pump before the dumping occurs - it is the point where two forces meet - the buyer feels confident that the coin has risen to much to crash and must be a sign its about to "go to the moon" - the seller feels confident that a 50% profit is worth selling 100% of their stash.). Now back track 10%. Between 40 and 50% the whales have quietly been dumping their coins on the buyers who buy without any regard to common sense - they are blinded by greed and will munch through thousands of dollars worth of coins in seconds. By the time the price rises 50% the whales have all but removed themselves from the market and the little fish begin to take their profit. This tips the balance and the coin starts to go down. Without the whales to pump the buys up with massive walls the ordinary buyer gets scared and removes their buy order completely - it happens very suddenly but it causes a 20-25% fall in price within 60 seconds more often than not. Then people foolishly think its just a correction and starting buying again - this slows the descent but doesnt change the downward trend - the coin MUST go back to around the level it was when the whales first started buying with an additional 10% added on. One of the side effects of a pump is that the resulting stable price is usually around 10% higher than the previous.

There are what I would call "Super Pumps" whereby the target is set 2 to 500% above the current price - We saw this with Pandacoin, Karmacoin, Blackcoin, Dogecoin, XC, DRK etc. - You generally will only get one shot at this as it relies on a very low marketcap - once a coins starts to get into the 10s of millions of dollars it becomes far harder to pump up 500% - but the sweetspot is aorund $150-500,000.

Rest assured however, a super pump is followed by a super dump as seen in every single coin that has ever been pumped up - even Bitcoin and Litecoin themselves.

Ultimately just watch the market - thats my advice to you - and I don't mean watch the price - i mean watch the behaviour, what KIND of buys and sells are we seeing? What is the volume and price of each order? what space are they apart? what timezone do they most correlate to? what coin experienced a sell order of similar quantity to the buy order just observed? for example.

Have fun!

Damn, well said. How far could Xc go?

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Grifftech

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:12:01 AM

CatKiwi -

The XC Jim Cramer......

Love me some Jim Cramer
almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:13:00 AM

All this discussion of superior technology (XC) having trouble catching on in the market place reminds me of betamax, a clearly superior technology that failed to achieve critical mass with consumers largely because Sony thought that it's technology advantage so large and obvious that everyone would buy in, with or without marketing.

Beta went on to become a standard format in professional video production, but died in the consumer marketplace.  I'm hoping that we who support XC can convey to the market it's technology advantage a lot better than Sony did with beta.

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
phosphorush

Activity: 503

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:17:06 AM

So minting  is like a lottery and depends on the weight and age of the coins. The estimated time for reward is based on those variables too, that is given X weight and Y age my coins shoudl give me Z rewards in A time. Right?

But the estimated time was passed several times and I didn't get any coin.

If this sin't a problem, then I would like a nice explanation of the process, because I've seen none anywhere...

Thanks.

Your account locked, please contact support.
Grifftech

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:17:29 AM

xnode with 15xc up and synced (#reserved balance at 20)

Does the second Wallet for the Xnode still use the same .conf as your original wallet? If so do you then put the reservedbalance = 20 in that .conf?

the reserve balance is only for the XNODE itself

Sorry for asking more questions but I am just trying to make sure I am doing this correctly.

1) I have my main wallet on my Desktop in a folder called XC Wallet

2) I have my XNode wallet on my Destop in a folder called XNode Wallet.

3) When I try to run the XNode wallet I get the "Cannot obtain a lock on the data directory" I assume this is due to already having my main XC wallet running.

4) So how do I setup a separate wallet? It might make sense to some but I am new to this and I guess I need my hand held Smiley

Grifftech

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:20:07 AM

So minting  is like a lottery and depends on the weight and age of the coins. The estimated time for reward is based on those variables too, that is given X weight and Y age my coins shoudl give me Z rewards in A time. Right?

But the estimated time was passed several times and I didn't get any coin.

If this sin't a problem, then I would like a nice explanation of the process, because I've seen none anywhere...

Thanks.

That estimation is really all it is, I see it as saying your chance to reach in the bucket and try to pull out the red ball out of thousands of white ones happens every so often and at that point it is all luck.

I think everyone wants to see a number straightaway but it is no different than trying to mine a coin by yourself. Sometimes you won't solve a block for weeks and sometimes you might get 2 in a day.
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: