Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:41:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199428 times)
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:24:49 PM

And just to clarify - we can purchase starting 6/25 on the website or through distributors like Canary?
either place.   other resellers should get them too.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:26:19 PM

And just to clarify - we can purchase starting 6/25 on the website or through distributors like Canary?

We have them available for purchase right now, we should have them shipped to us from rockminer on the 25th.

http://minersource.net/collections/frontpage/products/rockminer-crossbow-440-440gh-bitcoin-miner
oh geez!! you should stick to rockminer's product names/designations...

I'm already getting PMs about "crossbow 440".  there's not such thing... there's the rocket, per rockminer.  which will perform in the 450-480 Gh/s range
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

We have them available for purchase right now, we should have them shipped to us from rockminer on the 25th.

http://minersource.net/collections/frontpage/products/rockminer-crossbow-440-440gh-bitcoin-miner

I'm already getting PMs about "crossbow 440".  there's not such thing... there's the rocket, per rockminer.  which will perform in the 450-480 Gh/s range

Looks like 4 btc for 4 miners on the Rockminer site.  But distributors selling single units at higher cost?
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

alright now im confused as all hell -_- the rx box is listed at 4000 mbtc but before it was just 4 rocket boxes. so now your saying the rocket boxes only do 450-480 gh/s instead of 600? or is this a different product from the rx-box. another question. do you need the r-pi to run these units?
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:32:23 PM

I'm already getting PMs about "crossbow 440".  there's not such thing... there's the rocket, per rockminer.  which will perform in the 450-480 Gh/s range

It was brought to my attention by our lawyers that X-box MIGHT get us in trouble with MS, silly enough as it sounds.

You will need 1 Pi per miner.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:33:55 PM

It was brought to my attention by our lawyers that X-box MIGHT get us in trouble with MS, silly enough as it sounds.
it's not an xbox. see here: http://shop.rockminer.com/goods.php?id=36
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:37:17 PM

alright now im confused as all hell -_- the rx box is listed at 4000 mbtc but before it was just 4 rocket boxes. so now your saying the rocket boxes only do 450-480 gh/s instead of 600? or is this a different product from the rx-box. another question. do you need the r-pi to run these units?

here's a list of rockminer's products:

http://shop.rockminer.com/

rocket and Rx-box appear to be different
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:37:41 PM

Can you come down on the price a bit?

At least matching rockxies prices would be nice.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:40:57 PM

thanks for the clarification, but if somebody like you were to order 4 of the rx-boxes compared to the rockets and resell them they would be very close in price range no? for one individual unit?
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3984

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:46:48 PM

Is rasp pi included or not if purchased from rockminer site? If not, do i have to load software on a microSD card, then buy rasp pi, then what? What cables are needed? USB, ethernet?
I understand that some of us already went through this, but some explanation is in order. For example, rockminer site does not list WHAT is included in order.
Goods description is a basic selling info (included:...., not included, but has to be obtained....)
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:47:40 PM

thanks for the clarification, but if somebody like you were to order 4 of the rx-boxes compared to the rockets and resell them they would be very close in price range no? for one individual unit?
they should, but you know that supply/demand will kick in... so first batch/es are small and they will fly off the shelves and people might be flipping them for higher.  next batch should be much larger and website order could be a good source as long as you are able to buy minimum quantity and/or pay shipping fee.
a lot of folks can buy the 4 unit, keep as many as they want and sell off the rest.  best way to do this is to hedge your orders by purchasing same amount of btc spent on coinbase.  then sell of on ebay for example and cover your bill.

or just wait for resellers to sell you a unit or two etc...
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:51:08 PM

Is rasp pi included or not if purchased from rockminer site? If not, do i have to load software on a microSD card, then buy rasp pi, then what? What cables are needed? USB, ethernet?
I understand that some of us already went through this, but some explanation is in order. For example, rockminer site does not list WHAT is included in order.
Goods description is a basic selling info.
yes.  it's a new company, they are working things out to have everything clearly spelled out.
another source is this thread.  roxie already posted a link to an image for Pi you can use that has cgminer which will run these units.
similarly, there are post on these forums on how to load a Pi and if you install/compile latest bfgminer, you can run rockminers hardware using Pi with latest bfgminer
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:51:30 PM

To clear up some confusion, the "Rocket Box" and "RX-Box" are two seperate products. Rocket box will have 48 BE200 chips and RX-Box will have 64. Rocket box is set to release end of this month and RX-Box sometime later. I have Rocket box units on order and will be selling through ASICPuppy.net as delivery dates solidify.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
coolmusic

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

the key here is not the machine, is their 60 days ROI guarantee
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:53:27 PM

the key here is not the machine, is their 60 days ROI guarantee
on the 4 unit Rxbox. not on rocket.

edit:  that promo looks to be sold out already... so if you go into the batch that protected ROI, you should have it.  new orders are as is it seems.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:05:12 PM

they should, but you know that supply/demand will kick in... so first batch/es are small and they will fly off the shelves and people might be flipping them for higher.  next batch should be much larger and website order could be a good source as long as you are able to buy minimum quantity and/or pay shipping fee.
a lot of folks can buy the 4 unit, keep as many as they want and sell off the rest.  best way to do this is to hedge your orders by purchasing same amount of btc spent on coinbase.  then sell of on ebay for example and cover your bill.

okay cool. will most likely be interested in one of the units. i will be here to keep posted. the problem is the r-pi. never used one before and it adds extra cost if you have to buy one for every miner. could you not use a pc with usb?
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:08:25 PM

okay cool. will most likely be interested in one of the units. i will be here to keep posted. the problem is the r-pi. never used one before and it adds extra cost if you have to buy one for every miner. could you not use a pc with usb?
I think you should be able to use a PC.  rockxie can confirm
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:12:56 PM

^^   Very good news
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:50:11 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 01:39:30 PM by Beastlymac

My understanding is that a pi is included so that the miners can be standalone.

EDIT: I have been corrected. Pi NOT included but SD card with software is.

Thanks Bobsag

Message me if you have any problems
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:58:05 PM

My understanding is that a pi is included so that the miners can be standalone.

A pi is NOT included, I specifically asked this morning. Only the SD card with the software.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: