Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:13:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199409 times)
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:54:49 PM

It is a older PC.  It was running fine on this PC for almost 3 weeks. I had to power off to move the PC.
It has not worked on it since I powered back up.

I had tested the R-Box on a 3rd PC, it worked there, I even have a debug log from it.  I tried it again on that 3rd PC and it now does not work.

I think this R-Box just died, or there is something really wrong with it.

Went you plug and un-plug the usb cable the pc  beeps to acknowledge it, if you uninstall the driver, it re-installs when plugged back it, it just does not want to communication to BFG anymore.

I think I will have to send it back and get it replaced.

Gotcha. Are both heatsinks properly seated? I noticed on 1 of my RBox miners one of the heatsinks was not fully seated. That could have caused an overheat issue had I not fixed that.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kako13

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:11:53 PM

Whatever has happened to this PC is just bizarre.

I unplugged the R-Box, uninstall the VCP driver/COM port,

Plugged in a simple 333 Eruptor and it does not work.  It adds the port, but BFG does not see it at all.

This is just weird.  I have added a secondary USB card, which is 2.0 and the eruptor does not work on it
on this pc.

It seems like there is a major USB bug going on,   But the PS2 to SUB device is working fine.

Does anyone know of any software that can probe the USB and let me see the stuff that is out there on the bus?
kako13

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:55:57 PM

It keeps getting better...

Ok, now after realizing I was spelling Erupter wrong in BFG I got the erupter to work.
Tried to plug in the R-Box which seemed to conflict with the erupter,
it wanted to also use the same com port. In this case COM3.

So I unplugged the erupter and then plugged in the R-Box and now it is working again...

Does anyone have more than 1 R-Box running under WinXP with BFG 4.2.x ? With or without other miners?

I will be moving these to my Ubuntu miner when I can figure out how to update my BFG 3.10 to 4.2 on there.

As for the heat sink possible issue, according to miner.php which I use to monitor with, the 4 cores were hold a solid 46c temp.

I am getting a solid 33GHS out of the R-Box.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:20:20 AM

Ok, now after realizing I was spelling Erupter wrong in BFG I got the erupter to work.

So I unplugged the erupter and then plugged in the R-Box and now it is working again...

Does anyone have more than 1 R-Box running under WinXP with BFG 4.2.x ? With or without other miners?

I will be moving these to my Ubuntu miner when I can figure out how to update my BFG 3.10 to 4.2 on there.

As for the heat sink possible issue, according to miner.php which I use to monitor with, the 4 cores were hold a solid 46c temp.

Have you tried MultiMiner?
I have 7 RBox units runniing MM which uses BFG

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:35:42 AM

that's because the erupter and rbox use same chipset.  Luke-Jr and I have requested that rockxie/rocminer set values on the devices chipset to avoid confusion...

next problem up:  rbox conflicting with next generation hardware from rockminer...

rockxie, care to take a look at this???
kako13

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:10:40 AM

I did try MultiMiner, but it did not work for me at all.

It seemed to install fine, when I tried to start it, answered the questions all seem to be good.

The main display box displayed but none of the options seemed to work.  I would select them
but nothing would happen.  It did download it own version of bfgminer that it was using, it started
bfgminer, but it took zero cpu time and just sat there. I could not tell if that copy of bfg was doing anything.
No hashes seem to show up on the pool that I pointed it to.

When I tried to stop multi-miner I could not get it to exit memory, I tried to force quit it several times
over a 20 minute period, I finally gave up and rebooted and removed it from the system and went back
to my copy of bfg v4.2.x that has been working real great for me.

Why I had to trick it into working by using an erupter after I powered down the R-Box and the PC to move them
is the strangest thing so far.  Until this point it had been running around 12 days with no problems other than the
random 'DEAD' that v4.2.x seems to fix, at least is able to restart from.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:23:55 AM

I did try MultiMiner, but it did not work for me at all.

It seemed to install fine, when I tried to start it, answered the questions all seem to be good.

The main display box displayed but none of the options seemed to work.  I would select them
but nothing would happen.  It did download it own version of bfgminer that it was using, it started
bfgminer, but it took zero cpu time and just sat there. I could not tell if that copy of bfg was doing anything.
No hashes seem to show up on the pool that I pointed it to.

When I tried to stop multi-miner I could not get it to exit memory, I tried to force quit it several times
over a 20 minute period, I finally gave up and rebooted and removed it from the system and went back
to my copy of bfg v4.2.x that has been working real great for me.

This happens to me using Win8.1 as well, exact same thing!

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:49:09 AM

RBox mounts are ready for orders!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652656.0

*Got LootCrate?*
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 02:08:56 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 02:25:00 PM by klintay

did anybody receive any sample from rockminer?

I got two sample Rockets at the Inside Bitcoin Conference this week in Hong Kong. Here are the pictures:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Really easy to setup, especially with the Rasp Pi image file provided already. Just connect it all up and then access the Rasp Pi via the webUI.

Will leave them running 24 hours and then post results.

Rockxie, still on track to ship out tomorrow?!   Grin

still no news?

Alex from RM confirmed that they are busy shipping at the moment.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:22:16 PM

I got two sample Rockets at the Inside Bitcoin Conference this week in Hong Kong. Here are the pictures:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Really easy to setup, especially with the Rasp Pi image file provided already. Just connect it all up and then access the Rasp Pi via the webUI.

still no news?

No shortage of wires.
frigidformself

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

I noticed today that GAWminers is now selling the Rocket Box on their site for $699.95 with a ship date of July 7th.  I don't see them listed on the rockminer agent list though.  I'm considering buying one since I have $250 credit with GAW; yes, no? I've purchased a Black Widow from GAW before, I'm wondering if that's worth buying or waiting on the S3 price.

thank you, kiss kiss
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:40:06 PM

I noticed today that GAWminers is now selling the Rocket Box on their site for $699.95 with a ship date of July 7th.  I don't see them listed on the rockminer agent list though.  I'm considering buying one since I have $250 credit with GAW; yes, no? I've purchased a Black Widow from GAW before, I'm wondering if that's worth buying or waiting on the S3 price.

thank you, kiss kiss

They are not official distributors, so I would be unsure how RMAs etc would be handled, that and their price Tongue
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:00:13 PM

still no news?

No shortage of wires.

That looks like any good mining / computer set-up:  Tons of multi-color wires going everywhere.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:14:55 PM

still no news?

No shortage of wires.

That looks like any good mining / computer set-up:  Tons of multi-color wires going everywhere.
Are those USB Hubs just a 5 Volt power source?
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:27:55 PM

hy

where to find in italy/europe a good price?
www.protact.net
Better German Reseller (=

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
ProudMiner

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:09:43 PM

What was included with each miner?

still no news?

No shortage of wires.

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:57:20 AM

just read review on http://fuk.io as i never heard of this company before. looks solid from the video

yolo
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:29:45 AM

still no news?

No shortage of wires.

That looks like any good mining / computer set-up:  Tons of multi-color wires going everywhere.
Are those USB Hubs just a 5 Volt power source?

Yep but they work without the 5v power adapter (they are not plugged in, just getting power from the rocket). Each blades (4 blades per rocket) has its own power cable and usb cable...hence the reason for all the wires.

We are selling them right now with shipping date of 1st July:

http://www.eyeboot.com/Bitcoin-Miners-btc-mining/rockminer-rx-box
somatic

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:41:21 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 12:46:23 AM by somatic

Just wanted to add my experiences getting my Rockminer going. BFGminer wouldn't detect it automatically, no matter what I did. Finally I added the device manually with \\.\COM6 (which is where Windows said it was), and it worked. I'm using BFGminer 4.2.0 (this is the correct one to use with Rockminer, yes?).

The only issue now is that it's hashing at 26Gh/s, not 32-36Gh/s. Does it need to be overclocked to achieve 36? Its clock speed is 270, according to BFGminer.

Edit: this is interesting. Looking at the speeds of the individual chips, one is doing 8Gh/s but the other three are doing 6. If they were all doing 8, that would indeed add up to 32.

Edit2: adding set rockminer:clock=290 did two things for me. One, BFG is now recognizing the miners on startup, which is odd but true. Two, they're now doing 32-35Gh/s. So all is well. I don't understand the reasons, but rockminer:clock=290 fixed everything.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:22:14 AM

That is good to see.  I did not have any problem with BFG but I have been using MultiMiner to better control them all.  It uses BFG so it rocks.
I am going to push the clock up a bit now.  Have you pushed above 290??

Just wanted to add my experiences getting my Rockminer going. BFGminer wouldn't detect it automatically, no matter what I did. Finally I added the device manually with \\.\COM6 (which is where Windows said it was), and it worked. I'm using BFGminer 4.2.0 (this is the correct one to use with Rockminer, yes?).

The only issue now is that it's hashing at 26Gh/s, not 32-36Gh/s. Does it need to be overclocked to achieve 36? Its clock speed is 270, according to BFGminer.

Edit: this is interesting. Looking at the speeds of the individual chips, one is doing 8Gh/s but the other three are doing 6. If they were all doing 8, that would indeed add up to 32.

Edit2: adding set rockminer:clock=290 did two things for me. One, BFG is now recognizing the miners on startup, which is odd but true. Two, they're now doing 32-35Gh/s. So all is well. I don't understand the reasons, but rockminer:clock=290 fixed everything.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: