Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:42:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199407 times)
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:48:12 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 06:24:26 AM by Billbags

Thanks, I've got two pi's ready to go, the miners will be here tomorrow, just need the Rocket Box pi image. Can't believe they shipped without software.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:58:57 AM

https://mega.co.nz/#!qYdSUJTQ!mqFCFBA2FVsXzvXrtOnmKj6CgUOSETSfrbLUa_zuQ3o

^ fast DL link for the image, I just Downloaded it from their servers in china and re uploaded.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:01:17 AM

was told my unit shipped TODAY.

to be clear, i ordered this on the 18th, with a promised 25th ship date. It shipped 7 days late, or an estimated 0.09BTC per unit (7 days revenue at current difficulty and 460GH).

still looking forwards to receiving it, but this wasn't very timely of a release

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:54:53 AM

Thanks for the pi image. Wrote to sd card perfict. Minersource.net support still the best.

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:10:23 PM

Thanks for the pi image. Wrote to sd card perfict. Minersource.net support still the best.
Cant connect to the raspberry Pi with that image.

I can see it has an ip in the router, but i cannont ping or connect!?

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:22:45 PM

Cant connect to the raspberry Pi with that image.

I can see it has an ip in the router, but i cannont ping or connect!?

Try rebooting the pi, and failing that reflashing the Sd card. Pi's can be pretty finicky.
rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:44:39 PM

Sorry if this is not the correct place for this, but I think I have my 2nd failed R-Box. I bought 6 a few weeks ago and had a lot of trouble getting them set up. I tried BFGMiner, CGMiner and now I'm running the R-Box software on a R-Pi. I was only able to get them stable after a lot of troubleshooting and taking one offline about a week ago. The remaining 5 were running fine until tonight when another one seems to be giving me the same issues.

If someone from R-Box can PM me and give me some help fixing or replacing these.

you can get software on that web:
http://forum.rockminer.com/
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:48:28 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens here with the price given that the Antminer S3 is .74 btc.
Plus it does not require a rpi.

Actually, the price of S3 is not cheaper than our R3,but the power consumption is really good.

R3-BOX,will ship out on 5th July:

Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:55:49 PM

Pi image from Bobsag3 working great on both my pi's. I downloaded then unzipped, then transferred disk image out of downloaded file to desktop, then wrote to a freshly formatted SD card. One note I'm using a real pi with the blue audio Jack, not a knockoff one with the black audio Jack. The knockoffs don't run the software that well. Use 192.168.1.254

rockxie (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:56:41 PM

Thanks for the reply, any instructions on their download link for pi? It's all in Chinese.

download address:
https://mega.co.nz/#!zM5zUQJS!HkwokY04OzjEuMkvTYjS2QYRKUU7YlafrWrKqZSBq9A
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

Thanks, I've got two pi's ready to go, the miners will be here tomorrow, just need the Rocket Box pi image. Can't believe they shipped without software.

We will put SD card in BOX, don't worry.
We didn't do that, because we think supply image file is ok, and people can buy SD card very easy.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:34:14 PM

to be clear, i ordered this on the 18th, with a promised 25th ship date. It shipped 7 days late, or an estimated 0.09BTC per unit (7 days revenue at current difficulty and 460GH).

still looking forwards to receiving it, but this wasn't very timely of a release

Sorry for delay, we will give customers discount for who suffer our delay,waiting for it.
To be honest ,we tested and improved product before shipping ,we try to send people things exactly as we said, which means higher and stable Hashrate.
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:25:54 PM

You told us there will be a Raspberry Pi for every two units.

I got my ten Rocket Boxes today but there were NO Raspberry Pi!

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
TrekRider

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:45:18 PM

You told us there will be a Raspberry Pi for every two units.

I got my ten Rocket Boxes today but there were NO Raspberry Pi!

I also saw that Pi's were not included in the shipment to minersource.  Not very pleased about that.
ProudMiner

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:29:44 PM

Same thing here, i ordered this on the 14th, with a promised 25th ship date and an SD Card with the software.
It shipped 7 days late and if I undrestand correctly no SD Card.
What about the power cable for the Rasberry Pi?

Sorry for delay, we will give customers discount for who suffer our delay,waiting for it.
To be honest ,we tested and improved product before shipping ,we try to send people things exactly as we said, which means higher and stable Hashrate.

ProudMiner

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:40:22 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 07:50:39 PM by ProudMiner

First of all you should publish more pictures and a video with it hashing.
Second, what makes you think that "Actually, the price of S3 is not cheaper than our R3"?
The S3 costs 0.74 BTC, it includes everything needed to operate and looks like a finished product
with great build quality.
On the other hand R3 looks like something a noob would create if you provide him the boards and the heatsinks.
It doesn't look like a finished product, manufactured by a professional, it doesn't include the Raspberry Pi and it costs 0.99BTC

It will be interesting to see what happens here with the price given that the Antminer S3 is .74 btc.

Actually, the price of S3 is not cheaper than our R3,but the power consumption is really good.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 07:50:34 PM

Second, what makes you think that "Actually, the price of S3 is not cheaper than our R3"?
The S3 costs 0.74 BTC, it includes everything needed to operate and looks like a finished product
On the other hand R3 looks like something a noob would create if you provide him the boards and the heatsinks.
It doesn't look like a finished product, manufactured by a professional, it doesn't include the Raspberry Pi and it costs 0.99BTC

These critcisms emphasize why I think Rockminer should go for a much simpler product. 

If it doesn't look like a storebought product, it won't sell as well.  So just put the PCB with chips attached to a heatsink in a pizza box like AM did and call it a day, shipping + manufacturing costs would be a fraction of what they are, plus it would be a lot less testing on your end. 
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:34:16 PM

My RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.rar (https://mega.co.nz/#!zM5zUQJS!HkwokY04OzjEuMkvTYjS2QYRKUU7YlafrWrKqZSBq9A) download is stuck @ 59% and just had to restart. I've been "downloading" for OVER an hour now on a 50+ MB/s connection speed (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3602642821)

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
ravin

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:35:48 PM

These critcisms emphasize why I think Rockminer should go for a much simpler product. 

If it doesn't look like a storebought product, it won't sell as well.  So just put the PCB with chips attached to a heatsink in a pizza box like AM did and call it a day, shipping + manufacturing costs would be a fraction of what they are, plus it would be a lot less testing on your end. 

Can't agree more. I have a few suggestions

• Why spend time to produce 2 products with similar hash rates and price?
  • Give more attention to releasing the right software. There is UX there as well.(before kano/ckolivas released cgminer 4.4.1/4.4.0 with RM support, it was tough to get rbox working on nix. Also give attention to kano's guidelines on miner design (queues, USB1.1 etc).
  • Simplify Simplify Simplify hardware! Like said above, sell boards if needed
  • More product info & photos on the website.
  • Responsive staff - but I wont push as long as you have a rocking product & have enough time to expand
  • Stick to shipping schedule
  • Last, not least: Downplay rbox LED blinking (like the gridseeds). Too bright blue light at night. Some of us mine from home too :-) (But absolutely love the silent fans)
Hope this of some help.

Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:20:21 PM

My RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.rar (https://mega.co.nz/#!zM5zUQJS!HkwokY04OzjEuMkvTYjS2QYRKUU7YlafrWrKqZSBq9A) download is stuck @ 59% and just had to restart. I've been "downloading" for OVER an hour now on a 50+ MB/s connection speed (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3602642821)

I had to use chrome browser to download from mega. I had to pause and restart a couple of times.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: