Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:19:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199428 times)
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:06:43 PM

MultiMiner recognizes the RK-Box miner just fine! Now it's a matter of setting the FREQ once I move my R-Box miners to another PC...unless I decide to set the FREQ by stating the COM # in the arguments line.

Currently I am getting 80 Gh/s per blade on my Rocket miner (FREQ 290) and 32 Gh/s per R-Box.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:23:47 PM

One more note... The "special" version of CGMiner doesn't work well with both an R-Box and an RK-Box attached, as the R-Box doesn't like frequencies higher than 290. So if you try to run both boxes at over 290, it automatically kicks everything back down to 270. Now I gotta figure out what to do with my R-Box since running at 330 yields about the same as running both boxes at 270.
it would be helpful to mining software if the chip values were written in instead of default... Luke-Jr and I have mentioned this to rockxie, but it doesn't appear to be a priority.
la7eralus

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:22:35 PM

As I have been unable to find any information on the subject after over a week of searching, and unable to receive a response in any of the official RockMiner threads whatsoever as to the topic of being unable to have either an R-BOX or RK-BOX run on a P2Pool node for longer than an hour without it going sick/dead or crashing BFGMiner/CGMiner/MinePeon/RockWeb etc. (often it only takes seconds for it to fail, if it even starts), while functioning perfectly well on "traditional" pools such as GHASH.IO - I'm going to have to assume that RockMiner's products are flat out incompatible with P2Pool.  

If this is not the case, feel free to correct me and point me in the direction of a fix, because as of this moment one does not seem to exist - And it would appear that if you choose to go with RockMiner products, you are confined in your pool options.  
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:36:47 PM

As I have been unable to find any information on the subject after over a week of searching, and unable to receive a response in any of the official RockMiner threads whatsoever as to the topic of being unable to have either an R-BOX or RK-BOX run on a P2Pool node for longer than an hour without it going sick/dead or crashing BFGMiner/CGMiner/MinePeon/RockWeb etc. (often it only takes seconds for it to fail, if it even starts), while functioning perfectly well on "traditional" pools such as GHASH.IO - I'm going to have to assume that RockMiner's products are flat out incompatible with P2Pool.  

If this is not the case, feel free to correct me and point me in the direction of a fix, because as of this moment one does not seem to exist - And it would appear that if you choose to go with RockMiner products, you are confined in your pool options.  
This issue is not contained to these devices only. Bitmain S2 also has the same problem as well as nearly every other high hash rate device on the market. If you find a fix on your own and share it, you will be a HERO!
cjcole8

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:18:26 PM

For those (like me) who purchased the Rk-box (aka Rocketbox) and are only getting 80 Gh or less from each blade, let me save you some time. As of right now, bfgminer (4.4.0) will hash slowly. You'll need to use Rockminer's customized cgminer to make it hash fast enough.  You can do it one of two ways:

1) Download (https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer) and on any Linux box, and compile using ./configure --enable-icarus to enable support for the rk-box. Trying to enable other ASIC types seems to make the compiling fail.

2) Download Rocketbox's custom Raspberry Pi firmware. An old one will hash slowly.  You'll have to get the most up to date one (1.2.1). An updated link should be on the first posting in this thread. Again, as of right now, Minepeon (0.2.4.6) will not work, so don't try it. I wasn't able to get the customized cgminer to compile on Minepeon either.

All told, not the most ideal situation, but that's what we have for now.  Hope this saves someone the time I took.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:31:10 PM

This issue is not contained to these devices only. Bitmain S2 also has the same problem as well as nearly every other high hash rate device on the market. If you find a fix on your own and share it, you will be a HERO!

I have no problems with any of my devices on our p2pnode accept the Rk/R3 box , and the S2.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:36:20 AM

I left the R3 overnight and this is the speed i am getting:

Stable 515 GH/s! I expect the rejects rate drop further as well

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
TrekRider

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:42:08 AM

I expect the rejects rate drop further as well

You're going to be very disappointed...
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:49:19 AM

klintay, do you know what frequency the R3 is running at?
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:07:27 AM

klintay, do you know what frequency the R3 is running at?

Going to check it out now. Lowering the freq will probably drop the reject rate a little more.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:24:56 AM

Any aftermarket fan recommendations for the RK-Box miners?
This thing is LOUD and is beginning to bother my tinnitus  Undecided

Thanks!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
kcal63

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:50:28 AM

Well the RK is LOUD, hate to shout but if you have one you know why I have to.
I am setting up a fan controller to lower fan speed on main fan and adding a 192 mm fan (designed for a mixing board but should do nicely) to the backside to push while the stock fan pulls and looking at adding a low noise fan to each blade's heatsinks (prob only be able to set up 3 since one is always basically on floor).

Hoping this will help with the noise as it currently sounds like a jet engine running (it is louder than any miner I have ever run across, makes a half dozen S-1's seem quiet).

More importantly, I am just downloading the newest pi image hoping it will help with the hash rate, since I have not been able to get this thing to even reach 400 Ghs.
At stock with no setting input it runs at 280 Ghs and a 30% HW error rate, with a 30% over clock on freq it runs at 378 Ghs and a HW error rate of 56%.
Hoping the newer version will help.
Really wish I had waited and ordered an R-3 (or an S-3).
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:03:47 AM

Well the RK is LOUD, hate to shout but if you have one you know why I have to.
I am setting up a fan controller to lower fan speed on main fan and adding a 192 mm fan (designed for a mixing board but should do nicely) to the backside to push while the stock fan pulls and looking at adding a low noise fan to each blade's heatsinks (prob only be able to set up 3 since one is always basically on floor).

Hoping this will help with the noise as it currently sounds like a jet engine running (it is louder than any miner I have ever run across, makes a half dozen S-1's seem quiet).

More importantly, I am just downloading the newest pi image hoping it will help with the hash rate, since I have not been able to get this thing to even reach 400 Ghs.
At stock with no setting input it runs at 280 Ghs and a 30% HW error rate, with a 30% over clock on freq it runs at 378 Ghs and a HW error rate of 56%.
Hoping the newer version will help.
Really wish I had waited and ordered an R-3 (or an S-3).

I am getting 300-320 Gh/s using MultiMiner (BFGMiner 4.4.0) connected to a Windows 7 PC via USB.
I didn't have time to figure out the CGMiner build but will be tackling that tomorrow evening.

Maybe Rockminer will offer an RK to R3 conversion kit? Perhaps offer the kit as an option during checkout? I am considering my options for what I can design and print to make the RK-Box easier to manage...I do plan on dseigning stackable clips and clip-on enclosures for the USB hubs and maybe some wire guides/looms for shits n giggles.

*Got LootCrate?*
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:11:20 AM

Rockminer is going tits-up in... 3... 2... 1

Non-competitive product in a very competitive environment.

AM better have a vastly improved gen 4 in the wings or they're going tits-up too.
rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:06:04 PM

Ok, so I'm still having my miners crash out. I did have 2 PSUs die, so I replaced them and I was hoping that that was the issue but it does not look like it will be that easy. I re-flashed my sd card, I'm using a known good USB hub, but I'm still having issues. The 6 R-Box miners are the only mining devices running.

Here are some screen shots. In the first one you can see that they were working fine until I got my new PSUs in and hooked up the 2 that I suspect are bad.
http://imgur.com/uY4i5HZ

Then see that not one failed and does not report in the system check. (shortly more will go off line)
http://imgur.com/BhF3dQV

On the devices page it shows so many devices that I don't have. The number keeps growing.
http://imgur.com/dh7j3Lp

Edit: It didn't like the image links

Make sure your hub is ok. And uprade the latest rockweb:https://github.com/rockminerinc/rockminerinc.github.io/blob/master/mining_handbook_en.md#upgrad-rockweb
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:06:52 PM

P2Pool compatibility?  Possible?  Yes? If so, any idea why BFGMiner/CGMiner all get banned shortly after their start with the RK-BOK?  No?  If not, any word on compatibility in the works?  Anybody?

P2Pool is not supported now.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:08:46 PM

Thanks, where did you get that version of CGMiner? I can't remember where I got it, but the one I download from the main site seems to be different.

UPDATE: Think I found it: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/cgminer-win0.3.1.zip

Yeah that is the one mate. It seems to work better than the proper cgminer for me at least.

WHEN IS THE 10-15% REJECT RATE ON THE RK-BOXES GOING TO BE ADDRESSED???

Also this 10-15% issue. Is it a case of the cgminer not being properly configured to work with these chips? Can it be fixed with software patch...

Upgrade the latest RockWeb,there is a freq option at "Pools" page,try to select 320M or 300M.
TrekRider

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:12:39 PM

Thanks, where did you get that version of CGMiner? I can't remember where I got it, but the one I download from the main site seems to be different.

UPDATE: Think I found it: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/cgminer-win0.3.1.zip

Yeah that is the one mate. It seems to work better than the proper cgminer for me at least.

WHEN IS THE 10-15% REJECT RATE ON THE RK-BOXES GOING TO BE ADDRESSED???

Also this 10-15% issue. Is it a case of the cgminer not being properly configured to work with these chips? Can it be fixed with software patch...

Upgrade the latest RockWeb,there is a freq option at "Pools" page,try to select 320M or 300M.

Your suggestions are pretty much worthless.  It's obvious you guys have a real problem with rejects and HW errors and since you won't even acknowledge the damn issue I highly doubt you're working to resolve them.

You're going to lose a LOT more business if you don't get this shit fixed ASAP. 

QUIT MAKING EXCUSES AND ADDRESS THE ISSUE AT HAND
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:26:45 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 05:41:40 PM by Billbags

Any aftermarket fan recommendations for the RK-Box miners?
This thing is LOUD and is beginning to bother my tinnitus  Undecided

Thanks!

[/quote: I installed a manual fan control on my RK-Boxes that is working well to dramatically reduce the fan noise and still keep the blades cool. Highly reccomended if the Rocket Boxes are in your house. I just lowered fan speed and monitored during the hotest times of the day to get right setting for quiet cooling. I have not had to adjust fan speed since installed and adjusted.     Here is the link of the ones I'm using:
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004LL8KF6?cache=8dd22ea26140667f1737f48c0bd46cbe&pi=SX200_QL40&qid=1404945076&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Note: plastic guide on the end of the fan controller wires must be shaved down to fit on the miner. I used a knife, takes about 5 seconds, works well

Also, I just got confirmation from Rockminer that the firmware update for the r3 will also work for rk-Box. Doggie has complete firmware update instructions on his r3 setup page.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Trends

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:08:04 PM

rockxie
Can you explain how the Adaptive frequency function of your software works? What is the mininum freq, what is the maxinum freq range of the software sent out with the RK units?

On yor R3 update 0.93 we have a selection of 300,320 & 350! when one of those is selected does the Adaptive frequency function stop working?
Also the fan selection full or auto, does temperature drive the fan 0 to 100%? What is the temperature range? for example does 0%=25 deg C and 40 deg C = 100%?

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Trends

Quadriga CX BTC/CAD Coin Exchange     www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=umvq5t3i2r6im243v94vucbo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: