Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199428 times)
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:13:15 AM

" screenshot "? what app is that ?

that is ghash web UI.
ravin

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:08:34 AM

Any reason why I would be getting crazy amount of duplicate shares??
I am still getting low 4% error and hash rate/payout stable...but this looks wrong?!?!

Any help would be great..

Thanks.

Dupe shares really don't effect you. It makes the pool work harder. It didn't make sence to me at first but there are years of threads here proving they don't really effect your profits much, if any at all. I had done a lot of research on duplicates last year when I had just got my Knc miner. Knc did upgrade firmware later that did improve dupe rate a lot, but like I said it doesn't effect your profits.

Trying to understand this. Shouldn't the pool agree to pay for duplicate shares as well to have it some sense?

Also, i too see this a lot with rkbox. However s3s are fine.

rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:34:38 PM

Still ugly! Cheesy

thanks for your criticism,that's just prototype one, batch production will be much more beautiful.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:37:58 PM

Very cool! It appears the board has 2 data connectors. Are all 4 boards daisy-chained into one uart connector on the controller? If so, can 1 controller handle 3 T1 boxes?

we will make two units into one uart by one controller.
actually, one controller can run almost 3T hashrate, but our line is not longer enough for 4miners now.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:11:06 PM

Still ugly! Cheesy

thanks for your criticism,that's just prototype one, batch production will be much more beautiful.

If they are strong enough to stack on each other, you are fine.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:14:39 PM

Still ugly! Cheesy

I was just looking at the new units posted on the Rockminer website and I actually think they look pretty good considering what they are and what they do. My only concern was the fashion one side of the boards are secured to the case...seems like a weak link and I'd imagine there will be issues during shipment causing bent/broken. I would recommend changing the boards to a vertical position to relieve stress on the boards as well.

If you look at the upper board you can see the deflection from the weight of the heatsinks.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:49:56 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 06:30:44 PM by elasticband

These is also a dip in the middle of the top boarda..... i didnt want to mention that but oh well.

edit. perhaps some PCB pillars between each board with some bots on each side holding hem in place.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:07:51 PM

Bitmain had a HUGE issue with damage to nearly EVERY S2 they shipped. The best thing to do is package the boards separately and have the customer do the final assembly, otherwise these miners are going to be destroyed on arrival.
ravin

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:34:01 AM

Still ugly! Cheesy

I was just looking at the new units posted on the Rockminer website and I actually think they look pretty good considering what they are and what they do. My only concern was the fashion one side of the boards are secured to the case...seems like a weak link and I'd imagine there will be issues during shipment causing bent/broken. I would recommend changing the boards to a vertical position to relieve stress on the boards as well.

If you look at the upper board you can see the deflection from the weight of the heatsinks.

I think the first board's heatsink is 2 pieces that's why the PCB looks bend. Other 3 boards are fine. Keeping it vertical will ask for more metal and may be not very steady if not.

However I have a feeling that original Fridcat or s1/s3 design is superior because of the formfactor. The current rockminer design (though ultra simple) takes a lot of space in a shelf.

rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:30:57 AM

Still ugly! Cheesy

Thanks for your very important suggestion, this picture is made by phone camera, so looks like bent on the first board, actually, its okay!
However, what you said is very important, we experienced bad package for first big miner RK-BOX,it hurt our customers.
We improved all package after that time, customers who ordered R3/R4 should know that.
So, don't worry, we made violence testing!!
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:34:41 AM

Update

For promoting "Mining Everyone Plan" and substituting suitable miners of RBOX,NEW RBOX is coming now.
First batch production of NEW RBOX will be done this month.

That's NEW RBOX looks!!

quiet, stable, convenient  as RBOX!!!

Question:
1. power connection interface, 6PIN PCI-E like R4-BOX or DC like Microsoft XBOX ?
2.do you want NEW RBOX packaged as RBOX, white cage, shrink plastic?
3. what's price do you prefer?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:50:04 AM

Question:
1. power connection interface, 6PIN PCI-E like R4-BOX or DC like Microsoft XBOX ?

1. Go for 6PIN PCI-E connection. People have PSUs around and it's easier to get a discount/rebate for a regular PSU than to pay full price for a DC adapter.

rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:51:27 PM

Question:

1. Go for 6PIN PCI-E connection. People have PSUs around and it's easier to get a discount/rebate for a regular PSU than to pay full price for a DC adapter.

OK, one preferred 6 PIN PCI-E now!!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

Question:

What's the expected power usage? If it's around 100W I would be AGAINST PCI-E. Regular PSU would be an overkill for a hobbyist trying to run one or two of these boxes, and if you run 3-4 or more you're better off with an R3/R4 anyway.

Or maybe you can do both options? 12V DC either way, shouldn't be too complicated?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 02:18:42 PM

Suchmoon - How to do a screenshot??

It depends on what kind of device you're using. Windows - press Print Screen (PrtScr on some keyboards) and the image will be placed in the clipboard. Open e.g. Paint, paste it, cut out what you need and post it like you did with this image.

Mac - I think it's Command+Shift+4 but it's been a while, don't remember for sure.

Android Tablet/Phone - Power + Volume Down works on some, but there are apps too.

iPhone/iPad - no idea.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 03:01:57 PM

Question:

I like 6 PIN PCI-E too Smiley
Everyone has those and they are easy to find new uses for...
Also white box like old rbox is very cool and customers love it!
KlatsBit

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:35:54 PM

Question:

What's the expected power usage? If it's around 100W I would be AGAINST PCI-E. Regular PSU would be an overkill for a hobbyist trying to run one or two of these boxes, and if you run 3-4 or more you're better off with an R3/R4 anyway.

Or maybe you can do both options? 12V DC either way, shouldn't be too complicated?

I agree with this. "Mining Everyone Plan" = I think it's easier and probably a bit cheaper for the user to use a 12V DC. But also if it's not to much work / to expensive, why don't make it optional?

Btw, their site says 110W~120W.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:55:42 PM

Update

For promoting "Mining Everyone Plan" and substituting suitable miners of RBOX,NEW RBOX is coming now.
First batch production of NEW RBOX will be done this month.

That's NEW RBOX looks!!

Question:

Looking good Rockxie! Thanks for the answer to my concerns above.

Any chance to use a more environmentally friendly packing material? The original R-Box packaging is very nice and looks great but I know those foam inserts will sit in landfills for many years to come. We all should consider not just getting our hardware efficient and enviro friendly but ALL aspects of the mining community.

About the power connection interface, what is this XBox connection like? I do not own an XBox and am not a fan of MS products.
I would say depending on the power draw...either 6pin PCIE or perhaps 4pin Molex or even a couple barrel connectors. Keep them more universal and more miners everywhere can purchase them.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 07:33:13 PM

Suchmoon - How to do a screenshot??

iPhone/iPad - no idea.

power button and middle button near screen together create screenshoot at your photo roll Smiley
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:05:34 PM

6 PIN PCI-E because you can use a standard PSU which is very easy to obtain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: